Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 17, 2017 5:42 PM

Jul 2007
ssjomer23 said:
Awesome <3
Really liked both of the episodes, can't wait for more.

Woohhh, doood....

I told you that stuff would make everything amazing!
When you come down watch it againnnn.
Oct 17, 2017 6:02 PM
May 2017
I left the first episode thinking its not good but its gotten me curios enough to stick around to see where this goes.

This episode made me think that I'm going to like this series. Quite the impressive turn around.

Asta's voice was less annoying, they delivered exposition that also sounded like some Foreshadowing.
I didn't get all the answers I wanted but I got just enough that I can make my own theories about the how this world works and its history.

I really loved the relationship between the two mains felt well worth the price of admission.

The opening and Ending are good on their own. But I do have a minor nitpick after watching the 2nd episode in that the Op feels misrepresented. If I were going to watch this just based on the Opening I would have no idea how developed the relationship between these two really is.
The symbolism is nothing new but it works out fine, but you have to watch the ED too really understand what these two characters are really about.

This show feels like its simply in love with its genre. I'm curios to see where it goes with its tropes.
Oct 20, 2017 2:15 AM
Mar 2012
less screams but there's so much wrong with the episode. Maybe it's the source instead of pierrot's fault but...
Oct 31, 2017 5:24 AM

Jul 2011
2 episodes in. I think I like it. I'm watching the dub by the way and the voice is tolerable, but still lots of shouting.

I also feel like black clover is like the mix of everything -

Naruto - Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry, wanting to become the Hokage/Wizard Something
Blue Exorcist - Some magic, demons, sibling rivalry
My Hero Academia - Quirks / Magic Power

Nov 3, 2017 3:05 AM

Jul 2016
Okay so i'll give out my opinion on this Anime!

I like Yuno because he is chill

I dislike the mc because he screams all the time jesus christ and he keeps saying '' Not yet '' wich annoys my dick off -.- but other then that this show is good :)
Nov 8, 2017 1:35 AM

Jan 2014
I only watch the first two episode, but I already getting tired of Asta scream. would you shut up already, Asta.
Nov 20, 2017 8:04 AM

Dec 2015
Kid Asta's voice is just as obnoxious as the original one...I wonder if it was on purpose, curse you Pierrot!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 10, 2017 11:06 AM

Mar 2013
Aaaaaaaaand dropped. I normally give a series 3 episodes, but this one just isn't good enough (in my opinion).
Dec 10, 2017 11:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Wait to watch 5 episodes, all will be interesting...this series is not 12 episodes, is a season for 24 and the start is very slow ;)
Dec 11, 2017 9:36 PM
May 2017
I dragged myself through this episode and I'm definitely dropping the series now. This episode irritated me because: Asta's child voice is almost as annoying as his normal voice, the "villain" that attacked the kids was so forced and unnatural acting, the extremely cliche "never give up motive, the stretched out segment of their life as kids, Asta's obnoxious headache inducing behavior, and the nearly 3 minute recap at the start.
Dec 12, 2017 2:56 AM

Dec 2012
3 and a half mins of recap.
This was 10 years ago? How old is Lily?
The Wizard King is the most important after the King? If anything, they should at least be equals.
Lily side oppai.
December 12? LMAO I'm watching this on December 12.
Rape face.
This dude stealing from kids and fighting them. smh
Dat pound.

My goodness. Young Asta's voice was so annoying that I had to lower my damn volume. Anyway, OP and ED sound okay. As for the visuals...terrible.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 10, 2018 10:02 PM
Oct 2018
i've been watching this anime since its aired and i really love this anime. i am so updated with the episodes
i'm done watching episode 53 and i'm so excited for the next episode next week.
Feb 18, 2019 12:09 AM

Mar 2016
The OP is actually hype! And the ED is great too.

So this ep is one to show Asta's and Yuno's backstory and how their rivalry came to be, it's quite generic but it's alright though. I'm still interested in what has to come next in the story.

The animation for the fight was quite cool, since this is a long series, I hope the animation quality is constantly good.
Mar 11, 2020 2:38 PM

May 2018
ok I don't think we needed a 3 minute recap of 1 episode
Mar 30, 2020 5:58 AM

Mar 2019
Rewatching.
I don't know if this is the best worst opening,but I think it might be.Nothing really happens in the beggining tho.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 7, 2020 7:01 AM
Jul 2020
Asta and Deku from bnha are literally the same person, no one can tell me otherwise..
Aug 8, 2020 6:46 PM
Oct 2019
Aryale said:
Asta and Deku from bnha are literally the same person, no one can tell me otherwise..

You've decided this after 2 episodes? Lol. Not here to change your mind though.

My only other question would be, "Do you like Deku?" Because I don't. At all. *shrug*
Nov 20, 2020 3:48 AM

Dec 2013
Opening was okay and the flashback was meh and went for way too long.

"My magic is never giving up" is so cringey tbh. At least the animation looked cool enough.
Jan 9, 2021 5:47 AM

Jun 2019
Got to see Asta and Yuno's childhood a little bit. Looks like both are planning to become the Wizard King. We'll see how that would go. Loving it so far. Both OP and ED are amazing as well.
Mar 29, 2021 12:45 PM
Nov 2016
🇭🇰🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Normally I give some anime series high score rating, but this series is not good and uninteresting since it's one of the worst episodes and terrible premise I've seen such! Now I disliked it so much but I hope it will get better and currently it's 7.87 MAL score rating while it will finished 170th episodes/the final episodes. It's so long episodes and Asta journey will start.

🇩🇪Normalerweise gebe ich einigen anime-serien eine hohe Punktzahl, aber diese serie ist nicht gut und uninteressant, da sie eine der schlimmsten folgen und schrecklichen Prämissen ist, die ich je gesehen habe! Jetzt mochte ich es nicht so sehr, aber ich hoffe, es wird besser und derzeit ist es eine bewertung von 7.87 MAL, während es die 170. Folge/die letzten folgen beendet. Es sind so lange episoden und die Asta-reise wird beginnen.
Apr 25, 2021 9:14 AM

May 2015
So...much...yelling!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 29, 2021 1:34 AM

Jun 2020
So this is where Asta's potential is finally coming through the OP song is somewhat catchy not gonna lie

Flashbacks when they were just kids and what happened in the past, Yuno was fragile and a crybaby back then, and Asta well you know is still a troublemaker but he just doesn't give up on it, So they were close when they were kids Yuno was just treating Asta like a rival to this day, And damn with that single blow he was able to take him out like that

Glad to see them in each of their wills and inspirations intact and be the best Wizard King win, The ED was introduced as well kind of a calm vibe.
Jul 20, 2021 6:18 AM

Mar 2015
This show will definitely take its time with pacing methinks, but another good episode to flesh these two out a bit!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 19, 2021 9:19 AM

Jul 2021
They already showed us the main part of flashback in ep 1. I don't know why they would drag it out in ep2 itself. And just for that they used the word rivals I expected a bit more actually. It was not bad but not great either.
Aug 29, 2021 4:12 PM
Jan 2021
This episode was really nice! I thought the scene where they made their promise to each other was really touching!
Nov 7, 2021 3:50 PM

Jul 2015
I feel bad for sister Lily having to reject Astra's proposals through all these years. Flashback felt bit too dragging but the friendship was wholesome to see and the short action scene afterwards was cool.

Jan 19, 2022 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
Oh!! I didn't know that sister lily was way older than asta & yuno. Asta finally got his grimoire book, and both of them defeated the chain user. Excited for selection and cant wait to see black bulls:)
Jan 29, 2022 10:37 PM
Jul 2020
Still obnoxiously loud my god. And that flashback feels very forced, its boooring to be exact.

Not sure if ill continue tbh
laaalaJan 29, 2022 10:41 PM
May 19, 2022 2:54 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Not exactly going to appreciate having two minute long recaps at the start of each episode, but as long as they are the same length every time, I could probably find a timestamp in which to skip too. If the recaps are of varying lengths, well, first world problem but, that's gonna be a pain.

Looks like we're going to have the relationship between Asta and his brother Yuna be at the core of this story, driving everything else forward. Any good story needs a strong core, and it looks like this has exactly that.

Maybe it's because I braced myself for what could've been nothing more than pain, but this isn't so bad, I'm actually still enjoying this quite a bit. Seems a lot of people are giving it a lot of flack, both those who watched this when it aired and even people right now. Maybe they just have their expectations through the roof for some reason. It definitely is some generic shonen as of right now, but it's doing quite a good job imo of what it has set out to be. Maybe I really shouldn't be talking until I've watched more episodes and have truly gotten a feel for this show, but right now it still looks very promising.

Or maybe it's because I've already gotten over Asta's yelling. I think once people get past that, what they get is something rather solid. Now onto the next episode, which apparently is filler, as labelled by MAL. No biggy, I'll be watching all the filler anyway.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 13, 2022 8:35 AM

Feb 2021
The opening was good

Bruh two kids were screaming and yelling and nobody came out to check what all that commotion was?

Well, I guess Asta defeated that guy. Won't he be reported to the authorities or smth?

ED was amazing!

Jun 23, 2022 9:12 PM
Apr 2022
Looks like we got to see some of Yuno and Asta's childhoo this episode
Jul 18, 2022 2:53 AM

Jan 2020

Asta and Yuno have that type of brotherhood I like, even though they're not related by blood, they feel like brothers. I also like how they treat each other like rivals.
Aug 17, 2022 6:30 PM
Aug 2022
I really liked how the flashback of asta and Yuno showcased how close they actually are and that even though asta doesn’t have magic he is still very strong through his own hard work and so far I am really loving this them in the show so far.
Sep 2, 2022 2:31 PM
Sep 2022
Man screams alot but it funny
Oct 10, 2022 2:22 AM
Sep 2022
boring flashbacks
Nov 17, 2022 11:49 AM

Mar 2010
generic but what do I expect with another 100+ episodes to go lolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 23, 2022 9:58 PM
Jun 2015
I knew they just show the backstory of Asta and Yuno. They were so cute when they were kids and when Yuno's in danger from a random drunk guy who is stealing his pendant, Asta saves him. So I guess he just saved him two times in the past and in the present day. Btw this is child abuse for the drunk guy beating up Asta cuz he's a kid. COULD SOMEONE CALL THE COPS OR SOMETHING?!?!

This is such a cute touching moment when they want to become wizards kings, but they needed to know who can be the one and they made their promise to each other.
Nov 28, 2022 4:30 PM
Oct 2022
it so bad it copied naruto and bleach
Dec 6, 2022 7:07 PM
Dec 2022
me parecio muy malo xd, literlamnte casi me duermo
Jan 24, 2023 8:43 AM

Jun 2020
Fairly dragged on but Asta was kinda cool defiantly better than the first episode

Feb 2, 2023 5:18 AM
Feb 2015
Asta's screaming is even more annoying than last episode. It did well with explaining the dynamic between him and Yuno. Made them both more interesting than the first episode did.
Jul 10, 2023 8:29 AM
Aug 2022
beautiful anime episode i love black clover
Nov 23, 2023 3:41 AM
Nov 2023
can't wait for the next episode
Jan 27, 12:00 AM

Oct 2022
OP song is something the Black Clover franchise will remember for a long time in the future to come. Nice second episode, Asta is really a, "I will never give up" character.
"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Mar 19, 8:06 AM

Jan 2021
A fight between friends... And rivals
Jun 2, 12:30 AM
Aug 2022
asta is always screaming
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 43 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

24 by Jekkii1 »»
Jun 8, 3:00 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 107 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2019

58 by -PhiL- »»
Jun 3, 11:55 AM

» Blue Rose character

DarkEmperor69 - May 30

13 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Jun 3, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

345 by Retrospects »»
May 28, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2018

69 by thoronmi »»
May 26, 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.