Forum Settings
Forums

Almost about to finish Boku dake ga Inai Machi, does anything beat it?

New
Aug 16, 2017 3:47 PM
Nov 2015
I am going to finish Boku dake ga Inai Machi tonight. It was pretty good I would say a 8-9/10. Extremely enjoyable to watch I just didn't like a few things.

Are there any animes in the sub genres that this are in?
1. Extreme bizarre crimes that aren't solved
2. a power to go back and solve and immediate problem once back
3. Anything else that might be like this show

I am not looking for exact doppelgangers!
I also want nothing earlier than 2005
CHECK MY LIST AND PLEASE DO NOT RECOMMEND MORE THAN 5, THANK YOU
7EJh77bAug 16, 2017 5:23 PM
Stein's Gate is the worst anime of all time.
Aug 16, 2017 3:49 PM

Apr 2014
It says you never finished Steins;gate
Aug 16, 2017 3:55 PM
Nov 2015
TakFujiwara said:

I always get bored with Steins gate, like it takes a century to get started. Also I can see exactly where it is going with its plot. I've tried watching it several times
Aug 16, 2017 4:26 PM
Nov 2015

From my experience userrecs are always terrible, using the forum usually yields better results.
Aug 16, 2017 4:37 PM

Aug 2016
-----noname----- said:

From my experience userrecs are always terrible, using the forum usually yields better results.

Well to each there own I guess, either way Anohana and Terror in Resonance I'd recommend (Terror in Resonance the tone of the show is a bit darker though)
Also Paranoia Agent
DancingTheBaAug 16, 2017 4:42 PM
Aug 16, 2017 4:46 PM

Mar 2013
Monster
Getbackers
Hyouka
Phantom Requiem for the Phantom
Psycho-pass

This is all i can think of, hope this helps
Aug 16, 2017 5:22 PM
Nov 2015
DancingTheBa said:
-----noname----- said:

Well to each there own I guess, either way Anohana and Terror in Resonance I'd recommend (Terror in Resonance the tone of the show is a bit darker though)
Also Paranoia Agent

Thanks for the recs, paranoia agent has one rec and its under the list below two ecchis. People who make those userrecs usually aren't that competent at actual comparisons. I've also watched a few on that userrec page which I found nothing alike between the two

All of them looked pretty interesting

killua94 said:
Monster
Getbackers
Hyouka
Phantom Requiem for the Phantom
Psycho-pass

This is all i can think of, hope this helps

I've tried to get into Monster I enjoyed it while watching it just sorta slow paced imo. I've also tried psycho pass but have gotten bored of that too

usually I don't do stuff earlier than 2005 but I'll give get backers a try it looks sorta interesting.

I'll also give Hyouka a try but the MAL page is really non descriptive and it doesnt seem too interesting.

Phantom doesnt even look remotely like the anime I mentioned(jap names).

Aug 16, 2017 5:25 PM

Feb 2016
I got into a huge argument a few days ago about this anime actually, I happen to love it personally. Probably comes close to cracking my top 10 favorite animes actually. Some people seem to think it sucks for some unknown reason.

Haters gonna hate I guess.

By the way: Try Psycho Pass. It's a cool crime anime. Not sure if it's much like this though.
Aug 16, 2017 5:27 PM
Nov 2015
watylicious said:
I got into a huge argument a few days ago about this anime actually, I happen to love it personally. Probably comes close to cracking my top 10 favorite animes actually. Some people seem to think it sucks for some unknown reason.

Haters gonna hate I guess.

What was the argument? Also I liked the anime even though it may not seem like it in the OP
Aug 16, 2017 5:29 PM

Feb 2016
I don't remember specifics, something about erased being hamfisted in the way it tugs at your feelings.

The whole abuse not being shown specifically thing. Or something. I dont remember.
Aug 16, 2017 5:39 PM
Nov 2015
@watylicious The only bad thing I've heard about it is that the last few episodes seemed rushed, later tonight I'll finish the anime I see for myself.
Aug 16, 2017 7:15 PM
Jan 2017

I did not understand the third complaint.

I have a different opinion on the second complaint.
This gives you a high thrill as you rate your score high.
It is because the focus of the story is 'Can MC protect children?'
The focus of the story is not 'who is the criminal?'
If it was difficult to know who the killer was, the story would have been more complex than necessary. The viewer would be in a confusion.
Aug 16, 2017 7:32 PM
Mar 2016
Steins;Gate. I know it was discussed above, and I take your objections serious. I just finished Chaos;Head, and it has the same weaknesses as Steins, just way worse lol. Anyways, compared to Erased, there arent many anime which I consider worthy being considered similar. Steins;Gate would be among them though, since the story twists are just as impressive, the kind of weird and puzzling setting and the incredible character depth are shared among them.

Furthermore: (Besides Steins;Gate)
Death Parade
Cross Game
Ano Hana
Koe no Katachi
Kimi no na wa (surprise, who would ve thougth lol)
Clannad (+Afterstory)
Ef - a tale of memories

For various reasons. They just feel kinda similar on some kind of emotional level, primarily regarding the character interactions and plot twists, as well as some subtle kind of mystery in Kimi, Death Parade and Ano Hana.
Aug 16, 2017 7:38 PM
Nov 2015
aksmfakt132 said:

If it was difficult to know who the killer was, the story would have been more complex than necessary. The viewer would be in a confusion.

To elaborate (also I don't understand your comment very well, it was structured so poorly I can only make guesses at what you wrote): I (me not you) predicted while watching the show like 3 things, my complaint was that it was predictable.

I know the focus is who is the murderer BUT they focused on Kayo for episodes 3-8(rough estimate), my issue was that they shifted focuses from something that was very relevant throughout the majority of the show.

Also there can be two focuses; and one was who is the murderer. If he knew who the murderer was he could prevent the 3 killings in his city , the killings in the other cities, and his mothers killing.

I am indifferent to your statement on who the killer was, they didnt need to make it complicated. Just have more than two-ish suspects for the killers, having 3 or 4 would had made it more thrilling as you wouldn't know who the killer was.

Overfoxed said:
Steins;Gate. I know it was discussed above, and I take your objections serious. I just finished Chaos;Head, and it has the same weaknesses as Steins, just way worse lol. Anyways, compared to Erased, there arent many anime which I consider worthy being considered similar. Steins;Gate would be among them though, since the story twists are just as impressive, the kind of weird and puzzling setting and the incredible character depth are shared among them.

Death Parade
Cross Game
Ano Hana
Koe no Katachi
Clannad (+Afterstory)
Ef - a tale of memories

For various reasons. They just feel kinda similar on some kind of emotional level, primarily regarding the character interactions and plot twists, as well as some subtle kind of mystery in Kimi, Death Parade and Ano Hana.

I said in huge font to read my list and not rec more than 5; I had seen death parade and kimi no na wa(both were very good). Also there weren't any twists in Boku dake ga Inai Machi? I watched chaos head and dropped it , it got really messy and boring I watched halfway thru the season but dropped which is rare for me at least.
7EJh77bAug 16, 2017 7:45 PM
Aug 16, 2017 7:44 PM
Mar 2016
-----noname----- said:
aksmfakt132 said:

To elaborate (also I don't understand your comment very well, it was structured so poorly I can only make guesses at what you wrote): I (me not you) predicted while watching the show like 3 things, my complaint was that it was predictable.

I know the focus is who is the murderer BUT they focused on Kayo for episodes 3-8(rough estimate), my issue was that they shifted focuses from something that was very relevant throughout the majority of the show.

Also there can be two focuses; and one was who is the murderer. If he knew who the murderer was he could prevent the 3 killings in his city , the killings in the other cities, and his mothers killing.

I am indifferent to your statement on who the killer was, they didnt need to make it complicated. Just have more than two-ish suspects for the killers, having 3 or 4 would had made it more thrilling as you wouldn't know.

Overfoxed said:

Death Parade
Cross Game
Ano Hana
Koe no Katachi
Clannad (+Afterstory)
Ef - a tale of memories

I said in huge font to read my list; I had seen death parade and kimi no na wa(both were very good). Also there weren't any twists in Boku dake ga Inai Machi? I watched chaos head and dropped it , it got really messy and boring I watched halfway thru the season but dropped which is rare for me at least.

Why dont you stop complaining and go write your own story? If you come up with something even half as impressive as Erased, you got my highest regards.
Aug 16, 2017 7:46 PM
Nov 2015
Overfoxed said:

Why dont you stop complaining and go write your own story? If you come up with something even half as impressive as Erased, you got my highest regards.

I listed complaints of a work of art that I said was 8-9 out of 10. I was complaining about how you cant read font size 200.
Aug 16, 2017 7:48 PM
Mar 2016
-----noname----- said:
Overfoxed said:

I listed complaints of a work of art that I said was 8-9 out of 10. I was complaining about how you cant read font size 200.

And I feel like complaining about your lack of humility. "High and Mighty" guys really piss me off.
Aug 16, 2017 7:49 PM
Nov 2015
Overfoxed said:
-----noname----- said:

And I feel like complaining about your lack of humility. "High and Mighty" guys really piss me off.

How is sharing a difference of opinion high and mighty? Not bothering to read is pretty high and mighty in my book ;0
Aug 16, 2017 7:52 PM
Jan 2017

Just by increasing suspects, people concentrate on it. 'Who is the suspect?'
But in the animation, people need to focus on 'Can MC protect children?'
They deliberately made the suspect fewer.

In fact, many people watch all the episodes in one night.
They enjoy the thrill in the story.
But some people have enjoyed it enough,
They say that "easy to understand criminals" is a disadvantage.
They have a prejudice that "hard to know criminals" is a good thing.

As I mentioned, in this show it would have been a disadvantage.

And I did not understand this question.
How the focus was on the dude (im bad with jap names) and kayo then they are able to drop kayo out 8th or 8th episode.

Could you explain this again?
Once I do not know who dude is.
That's why I did not understand the whole sentence.
Aug 16, 2017 7:53 PM
Mar 2016
-----noname----- said:
Overfoxed said:

How is sharing a difference of opinion high and mighty? Not bothering to read is pretty high and mighty in my book ;0

Ya mom is pretty high and mighty, kiddo.
Aug 16, 2017 7:59 PM

Sep 2009
-----noname----- said:
TakFujiwara said:

I always get bored with Steins gate, like it takes a century to get started. Also I can see exactly where it is going with its plot. I've tried watching it several times

Lolwat, how did you manage to get close to finishing Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, but not Steins;Gate? The former is boring as fk.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.

More topics from this board

» what to watch after Lain

kerokero- - Sep 14

9 by cyandaqil »»
3 hours ago

» looking for mystery anime recommendations

Nemuri-no-Kogoro - 10 hours ago

3 by mo_lave »»
5 hours ago

» Anime that fits this criteria? (or similar to GaoGaiGar)

GoldionHammer - Yesterday

10 by JoeChip »»
9 hours ago

» Romance Drama

AdityaRizkiS - Sep 15

6 by KyanBun »»
Today, 5:46 AM

» Looking for a certain shade of brown hair

Nagi_Karman - Yesterday

3 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 2:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.