Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 10, 2017 3:15 PM
Mar 2016
Looks like the manga is doing really well in Japan. Only 5 days after the first volume released in Japan, they were already sold out. So Volume 1 gets printed a second time.

This usually means that the manga is selling more than initially expected.
The same already happened with Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai last month, however in that case the first Volume was only sold out after 8 days.
So we can probably expect both of these series to survive.

source: animenewsnetwork.com
Jul 10, 2017 3:24 PM
Jul 2018
Both Dr. Stone and bokutachi are doing well tbh, unlike Marie and Robo, kinda interesting how these two veterans failed here. Anyway I enjoy this one more so good to see this.
Jul 10, 2017 6:04 PM
Mar 2016
Frostbytes said:
Both Dr. Stone and bokutachi are doing well tbh, unlike Marie and Robo, kinda interesting how these two veterans failed here. Anyway I enjoy this one more so good to see this.

Actually, someone in the crunchyroll forum said that Robo has even higher sales than Dr. Stone, but didn't get a reprint so far because it got 200k prints. Idk how much prints Dr. Stone got, but 200k is a lot for a first Volume. It might have higher sales than Dr. Stone because the author is a well known Jump author. Plus, there are probably people who only buy volumes, so especially former Kuroko readers might give the first volume a try to see if they like it. There are probably people who stopped buying Shounen Jump because their favourite mangas ended and didn't really try getting into the new mangas. So some of them might rather try buying the volumes to see if they like the series because it's cheaper than buying several Jump issues.
Jul 10, 2017 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
TheEnhancedExe said:
Frostbytes said:

Actually, someone in the crunchyroll forum said that Robo has even higher sales than Dr. Stone, but didn't get a reprint so far because it got 200k prints. Idk how much prints Dr. Stone got, but 200k is a lot for a first Volume. It might have higher sales than Dr. Stone because the author is a well known Jump author. Plus, there are probably people who only buy volumes, so especially former Kuroko readers might give the first volume a try to see if they like it. There are probably people who stopped buying Shounen Jump because their favourite mangas ended and didn't really try getting into the new mangas. So some of them might rather try buying the volumes to see if they like the series because it's cheaper than buying several Jump issues.

That's interesting. Either way they also need to do well in ToC, Stone is doing good there.
Aug 29, 2017 8:38 PM
Jan 2015
Well eventhough the series I don't like called Dr stone will keep going for few years with magazine cover shots and will get an anime adaptation including We can't Study which I can deal with it which in other words I will try to ignore them like I did with Boku no hero Academia (My hero Academy) . But on the bright side at least the manga Robot X laserman will be ongoing.
Sep 1, 2017 12:40 AM

Mar 2015
their rank also amazing FYI... so it's not unexpected...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Mar 2, 2017

54 by ayumiko14 »»
Aug 27, 11:15 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 178 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2020

15 by NuggetBandit »»
Aug 11, 9:56 PM

» Volume 27 will be released on 4th April 2024

Adnash - Mar 28

6 by XGirl86 »»
Jul 14, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 232 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ArtaRay - Mar 2, 2022

85 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 231 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2022

24 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 1:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.