Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
May 12, 2017 8:13 AM

Jul 2015
Eureka Seven is a boring, stale and frankly retrograde teenage romance show that drags out its revolutionary theme of "women need a strong male to save them" over 50 fucking episodes. The mechs on hoverboards looked stupid and made for some of the lest interesting fights I ever saw (basically flashy lines and lots of explosions in the sky, but it doesn't look as good as Akira, sadly); and the plot armour was so thick there was absolutely no tension ever. 1v100? the heros are barely wounded.
May 12, 2017 8:14 AM

Mar 2016
I think Psycho-Pass 2 is very good, and better than the film, but many people think that no kougami means no party. why?

May 12, 2017 8:51 AM

Oct 2016
KiritoBestGurl said:

- Lastly, anime is one of the weakest visual medium of storytelling that I have ever seen since it is so stuck up in its own ass to recognize what is bad and what is good that it just repeats the set formula of bad cliches over and over again. It is still enjoyable though.

True this. For a medium that has the setup to show us things it tells a heck of a lot. A lot of that comes from light novels and the way Japanese is written. Translated into English, they're a lot more telly with heavy exposition instead of letting the audience work things out. It's just the way their language and culture is.

Then there are the repetitive, cliched ways characters react, dialogue and plot set ups. When you watch anime enough things get predictable. It wouldn't be bad for things to be shaken up a little.

However this isn't representative of all of them. There are some writers (mangaka, authors and directors who recognise cliches and do something clever with them. KonoSuba is one, Madoka Magica is another, Boku no Hero as a very well written shounen, Hiroyuki Imaishi, Urobuchi, Isayama. People and shows doing different things.

Ichilicious said:
I posted before. But I have another opinion. Anime should reflect life events. You know, real events, real problems, real solutions dealt with realistic methods.

Only? I mean you're more than welcome to have those kinds of shows, I don't have a problem with them.
KirulasMay 12, 2017 8:58 AM
May 12, 2017 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
- https://myanimelist.net/anime/9760/Hoshi_wo_Ou_Kodomo?q=children This is so underrated!
- It's better than Kimi no na wa
- Unpopular popular opinion XD Makoto Shinkai ist great!

@z1R
I'm really glad that you can enjoy them so much. I wish I could rate like this, but there is an evil voice inside my head sometimes and it says: Don't rate this with 8, or 9 or 10, don't... XD
May 12, 2017 11:38 AM

Feb 2010
Studio Ghibli films are over rated. So is Cowboy Bebop and HunterxHunter.

Fairy Tail is good.

Dubs can be good.

I'm not sure if its an unpopular opinion or not but more anime with adult main characters would be nice.
May 12, 2017 12:18 PM

Apr 2008
jal90 said:
JonathanD said:

I really thought that arc was kinda genius thing.
It made me feel trapped in the time while the studio saves money.

What did they save money from? Voice acting maybe? Because they actually went through the effort of animating all the episodes individually and the visuals are very distinct in each of them.

VA too, but I was more about animation.

Every episode was animated as brand new, all scenes? I didn't know that.

Some years now from when I watched, and I don't remember being that different.

Do you have some source about it?
May 12, 2017 12:40 PM
失礼、噛みました

Oct 2016
Maneki-Mew said:
- https://myanimelist.net/anime/9760/Hoshi_wo_Ou_Kodomo?q=children This is so underrated!
- It's better than Kimi no na wa
- Unpopular popular opinion XD Makoto Shinkai ist great!

@z1R
I'm really glad that you can enjoy them so much. I wish I could rate like this, but there is an evil voice inside my head sometimes and it says: Don't rate this with 8, or 9 or 10, don't... XD

Don't give in to the evil voice! Ganbare!
May 12, 2017 12:46 PM

Oct 2010
JonathanD said:
jal90 said:

What did they save money from? Voice acting maybe? Because they actually went through the effort of animating all the episodes individually and the visuals are very distinct in each of them.

VA too, but I was more about animation.

Every episode was animated as brand new, all scenes? I didn't know that.

Some years now from when I watched, and I don't remember being that different.

Do you have some source about it?

Memories, like you. The scenes were conceptually the same but the clothes, the lighting, the perspective, etc. were all quite different in each episode.
May 12, 2017 1:04 PM
Oct 2011
- I think One Puch Man and Guren Lagan are shit.
- I love Shinji.
- Mob Psycho 100 has one of the best animations ever.
May 12, 2017 1:05 PM

Feb 2014
Hero Academia was painfully boring

Clannad AND Clannad After Story was shit. Nagisa was annoying.

Steins;gate was ok. I didn't like Okabe or tsundere girl.

The Monogatari franchise was boring and I couldn't finish any of them.

Black Rock Shooter was amazing

Punchline! is a masterpiece.

Shiina from Sakurasou ruined the show for me. I hated her autistic ass.

Parasyte was OK at best.

4 episodes into Gintama and not one laugh or chuckle.
May 12, 2017 1:15 PM
Sep 2015
kllr said:
-Dubs are better than Subs 95% of the time, English Va's deserve way more credit than what they get.
-Nanatsu no taizai (seven deadly sins) is terrible

Sure they do but thing is that good english VA arent in dubbing industry and it is mostly full of hacks.
May 12, 2017 1:19 PM

Feb 2016
Am i the only one who thinks FMA:B is the most overrated piece of garbage?
Crave4cakeMay 12, 2017 1:22 PM
May 12, 2017 1:30 PM
Jan 2017
Shokugeki no soma is one of the best shounen anime ever made
Signatureless
May 12, 2017 1:39 PM

Nov 2016
namelessme said:
Shokugeki no some is one of the best shounen anime ever made

Couldn't agree more with you, although I think that it's rather a popular opinion.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 12, 2017 1:40 PM
Jan 2017
Death parade, psycho pass and zero no tsukima are the award winners for the worst anime ever made..... I mean not only is it boring, it's painfully boring.

Mahouka koukou no routussie I one of the best but underrated anime out there.
Signatureless
May 12, 2017 1:47 PM

Feb 2015
Aquamirror said:
Kurtvonschroeder said:
Steins gate is a terrible show with horribly unlikable characters and a plot with more holes then Swiss cheese.

There are like zero relevant plot holes though.
Think whatever you like but their most definitely are.
May 12, 2017 6:12 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Locked

Thread was made over a year ago, and locked similarly:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1491055
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1432569
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Yesterday

74 by Daviljoe193 »»
Now

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre? ( 1 2 )

Semester1 - May 28

72 by Thereisnoonehere »»
4 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9131 by Alpha-Nine »»
8 minutes ago

» why the double standard?

Cielord - 10 hours ago

25 by WatchTillTandava »»
17 minutes ago

» Does complexity made an anime better? And what is your favourite complex anime

niknasr - 17 minutes ago

0 by niknasr »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.