Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 19, 2017 2:46 PM

Aug 2009
http://devilman-crybaby.com/

Go Nagai (Manga artist) : “When I heard about a remake, the first thing came to my mind was “will it adapt to the end?”
If it’s Director Masaaki whom I trust a lot, I have no doubt it will become a reality.
How the animation will adapt the battle between Devilman and demons, and its outcome…
An anime adapting to the end of Devilman may never happen again, I’m looking forward to this.”

Masaaki Yuasa (Director) : “The Devilman manga left the biggest impact on me. I never dreamed that I would get to direct Devilman! I struggle every day to capture the spirit and essence of the source material into a contemporary animation format, so that we can pull off what could be called the most shocking story progression and magnificent final scene in manga history.

But with little limitation of what I can deliver, I aim to push to the limits!
There will be violence and ero guro, but in the end, it all comes to “love”. Please look forward to it.”

Kensuke Ushio (Music) : “Thank you for letting me work on the Devilman anime with Director Yuasa Masaaki. A unified team, the very same team that worked with Director Yuasa on Ping Pong the Animation, is brought forth to thoroughly bring the essence of Nagai Go sensei’s grand epic into animation. I’m honored to take part in those passionate times again. As the director said, this is a work of “love”. Please look forward to it.”
Mar 20, 2017 11:58 AM

May 2015

Just checked Yuasa's page and I was surprised to see the titles in the list. Reading these comments I got shivers of excitement. If there's someone that can capture the raw and crude essence of Devilman's drawings that is Yuasa.
zalMar 20, 2017 12:06 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2017 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
As I told my dad about this announcement and him getting the information regarding on the project (he doesn't know about Yuasa at all to be honest), if it's gonna go and adapt the entire story of the original manga counter part (which I haven't read) then it will probably be a huge big ups here.

It's going to be probably interesting for Yuasa to direct this series, although I wanna go and watch the original first since I do wanna get the grasp of it firstly off. But it will be refreshing if I don't so. I'm not too sure. But, I think he would work well in here, hopefully.
Mar 25, 2017 3:34 AM

Aug 2009
Symphyon said:
As I told my dad about this announcement and him getting the information regarding on the project (he doesn't know about Yuasa at all to be honest), if it's gonna go and adapt the entire story of the original manga counter part (which I haven't read) then it will probably be a huge big ups here.

It's going to be probably interesting for Yuasa to direct this series, although I wanna go and watch the original first since I do wanna get the grasp of it firstly off. But it will be refreshing if I don't so. I'm not too sure. But, I think he would work well in here, hopefully.

The original tv anime series has a very different story.
Apr 8, 2017 2:40 PM
May 2014
Symphyon said:

Read the manga. Anyone interested in anime should, it's an all-time classic.
Apr 8, 2017 2:47 PM

Jun 2015
It's covering the whole thing?

I'm more excited for this than any other anime, honestly.

Apr 9, 2017 3:24 AM

Aug 2013
Symphyon said:

Then I recommend you either watch the OVA Devilman the Birth, then Devilman Demon Bird, or if you don't mind reading it, that would be the best way to get the full story.
The 1970's anime series is nothing like the Devilman manga.

More topics from this board

» Have a small doubt!

Jaiakazz - Apr 18

5 by catfelix »»
Apr 18, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Devilman: Crybaby Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

lordzeru - Jan 5, 2018

517 by KitanoKen66 »»
Mar 12, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Devilman: Crybaby Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lordzeru - Jan 5, 2018

92 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 6, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Devilman: Crybaby Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

lordzeru - Jan 5, 2018

159 by Isca_Riot »»
Mar 5, 8:20 AM

» Why do people love it so much ( 1 2 )

Bardocen - Sep 18, 2021

53 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Feb 18, 6:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.