Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 11, 2017 3:34 AM

Jan 2014
mattao313 said:
Why is everyone going in on OP?
Anyway I wouldn't say its a huge problem but it is overused. A large chuck of anime is either set in High school or a medieval type world. Its also kinda annoying when they try to glorify going to high school, maybe it just me but besides friends High school wasn't fun in the least bit.

Prime example of shit post trying to avoid the fact that it's a shit post xD.

Because he's not giving any facts and is pretty much devaluing an entire genre that isn't even that present if you look at the bigger picture.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Feb 11, 2017 3:38 AM

Mar 2016
AstZero said:
mattao313 said:
Why is everyone going in on OP?
Anyway I wouldn't say its a huge problem but it is overused. A large chuck of anime is either set in High school or a medieval type world. Its also kinda annoying when they try to glorify going to high school, maybe it just me but besides friends High school wasn't fun in the least bit.

Prime example of shit post trying to avoid the fact that it's a shit post xD.

Because he's not giving any facts and is pretty much devaluing an entire genre that isn't even that present if you look at the bigger picture.

I found it extremely funny when I read "glorifying going to high school". As if such a thing needs to be glorified in this age we live in...
Feb 11, 2017 4:41 AM

Jan 2014
DragonSlayer_19 said:

I found it extremely funny when I read "glorifying going to high school". As if such a thing needs to be glorified in this age we live in...

Lmao. I didn't find that reply cuz i didn't want to waste time on this post but that is funny xD.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Feb 11, 2017 5:21 AM

Jan 2014
Honestly it's just a side effect of getting older or being a more "experienced" anime watcher and wanting something different. You can only take so much of same thing, some can tolerate much more than others. For a starting point its fine but after several years & several shows, it just gets overwhelming. Doesn't make the show automatically bad or anything, but more than likely will just not be as intriguing as the experience can be dull. It's unfortunate and likely not changing any time soon, or like, ever, since the conception of anime itself, lul.
Feb 13, 2017 4:29 PM
Sep 2011
BlueBalls said:
... is the damn highschool setting, it is so pervasive that MAL can just leave it out of the synopsis and I will automatically assume that the anime in question is set in highschool unless otherwise stated. It literally goes without saying at this point, and that's fucked up!

It's not just highschool that is fucking omnipresent in this medium but it seems that 9/10 anime have to feature teenage characters as if mandated by an imperial fucking decree!

It's gotten to the point that I celebrate the commercial success of Yuri on Ice, despite not liking the show particularly, only because it actually is a story about adults that are not in highschool.

Idk maybe I'm overreacting but for some reason this bugs me more than anything else about this medium, and yes I've seen Digibros video on the subject, he makes some good points.

What do you guys think, are you sick and tired of seeing those boring corridors and identical classrooms time and time again?

Let me know in the comments, and don't forget to like, share and subscribe!

I agree with this post , this is one of the main reasons why I prefer older animes , Most animes nowadays are copies of each other
Almost every anime that's being produced nowadays is about teenagers and most of these animes are very short.
Feb 13, 2017 4:35 PM

Jun 2015
Paul said:
The biggest problem is the majority of anime is just advertisement for their source material.

This. 100 times this. I am SOOOOOO tired of watching a half-assed 1 season of an interesting anime ,only to find out the studio doesn't intend to continue it further. And since I am already hooked up on the plot, I have to read the manga.

I HATE THIS WITH EVERY MOLECULE IN MY BODY
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Feb 13, 2017 5:47 PM
Feb 2014
This obvious troll thread still hasn't been locked one week later
Feb 13, 2017 5:50 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
you're really going to complain about underage anime girls in short skirts?

bruh please
Feb 13, 2017 6:03 PM
May 2016
Obviously taste is subjective here and all and maybe I am misunderstanding something.. but just about every season I see a small handful of shows that are A. Not set in high school and B. Aren't slice of life. It doesn't always mean the are necessarily good just because they are different, but they are definitely there.

And like others here, I really like the high school setting. It never really felt that same-y because some of the highest rated (on this site, anyway) in the genre (Toradora, SNAFU, Shiagatsu, etc) always seem to put an interesting or creative twist on the formula that we haven't necessarily seen before. Or just kinda use it as a backdrop for other shenanigans.
Feb 13, 2017 6:31 PM

Jan 2009
its overuse yes and the only thing i mostly complain about anime

and i do not know about anime having a target audience for teenagers since i remember reading that adults are the usual buyers of anime anyway
Feb 13, 2017 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
I really have to go and facewall with this because, school setting isn't the big issue... at least to me. I don't know how in the heck its that the problem... of course, my personal problem with the anime community is more towards the people themselves in a way, no offense to anyone but there are some people that can go a bit too much in terms of remarks like these if that makes sense.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is "English anime dub voice" a thing?

Anjuro - 2 hours ago

7 by Saputrai »»
15 minutes ago

» Similar sounding Anime opening/ending songs

erikkamirs - May 3, 2020

15 by Rhae »»
24 minutes ago

» A tone shift in anime that you didn't see coming

SmashBlack - Feb 19, 2021

33 by Marsen-P »»
46 minutes ago

» Has anime ever had a depressing or motivating effect on you?

RobertBobert - May 30

21 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - May 30

35 by Rinrinka »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.