Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
May 9, 2023 5:44 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
This is like a solid 6/10. I might watch more, we’ll see. It’s not bad.

It’s sad how the fat kid always does get picked on. I was lucky to never be overweight myself, but I definitely remember a few kids getting bullied in school just because they were fat (and therefore different) :(
Jun 11, 2023 11:40 PM
Feb 2022
Not sure what to think yet but imagine my surprise when the OP song played and it instantly recognized it as it is one of my favorite songs from a Japanese music playlist I made while learning Japanese that I’ve heard hundreds of times now. Kinda figured it was in an anime somewhere but had no idea it was this.
Jun 16, 2023 12:49 AM
Oct 2019
Finally starting this just because Season 2 coming real soon.

First of all, Ayoo that was his mom? LMAO

Interesting premise, I'm sold.
Jul 1, 2023 8:21 AM

Dec 2022
Great and funny first episode
Jul 9, 2023 1:28 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Tried watching this a couple years back, and it was just too dumb. Now season 2 is airing, and idk, let’s give it another shot. Maybe it won’t turn out so bad now that the, story, is continuing. Oh and I must say, clean animation indeed. Other than that, that 6.74 score it's currently at doesn't exactly look too enticing. Like I personally get an initial impression (just briefly, mind you) of an anime being not worth my time if it's below 7.50. Low 7's? No thanks. BELOW 7? Probably garbage. So 6.74, for a somewhat popular- wait what, 830K MEMBERS?? I thought this was just FAIRLY popular, but damn it's almost there at a million. Ik stats don't mean everything, but dang. People have indeed been watching this.

Anyway, I love how an anime usually has to TELL you a character is hot, because usually they look like every other anime protagonist ever, particularly in these rom-coms.

Also, I will allow you to be deathly afraid of spiders, but wouldn’t the natural reaction be to run AWAY from the storeroom, rather than barge in it? We see the door was only open ajar, which means he had to put some effort in pushing it open before stumbling in there. Don’t tell me he was seeking protection from a girl to keep him safe from a spider.

And uh, I guess you can let this slide as well, but how did he not recognize her until he heard her name?? She looks exactly the same as when she was younger, just, well, younger of course. No matter though, he identity has been realized, and it seems she has remembered him as well despite having fully transformed into a “hot” dude.

Is this show gonna be painful? Probably. Probably a lot of back and forth without going anywhere. You can say the same for something like Kaguya sama for its first season or so, but the difference is that has charm, and class, you don’t need me to explain that to you. Here, it’s probably just going to feel borderline insufferable. Or I could be wrong and there might be some fun in it, perhaps being so bad it’s good. But I’m really only picking this up because season 2 is airing, with the hope that it indeed, might go somewhere.

The ED is really nice, and Aki kind of fine ngl. Phew, those stockings tho. Send the whole fbi after me idc. The thing is, not everyone is going to be on board for a show where it has someone trying to make someone else fall in love with them only to ultimately reject them as a form of revenge. Sure maybe the point in the end is that he won't be able to (if there is an "end" to this nonsense), but point is that that is still the overarching narrative at least for now, piece of sh*t vs piece of sh*t. Idk, again, could be a little fun who knows. I'll give it at least a couple more episodes, if it's even mildly entertaining, I'll finish it all the way to season 2 which is airing right now.
BetaMaleUltraJul 9, 2023 1:37 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 29, 2023 11:28 PM
Aug 2023
anime cringe e problemático
Sep 24, 2023 11:31 PM
Dec 2022
A promising start though at times Masamune can come across as evil when it comes to his talk about 'Dead or Love Plan.' Got introduced to other characters and the setting. Only starting this when there is a second series.
Dec 3, 2023 12:08 PM

Jun 2020
Well Im not expecting a lot for this anime so let see. The characters was kind of boring ,n the first episode but the revenge plot cam be interesting if it done correctly but i dont think this anime gonna do it correctly.

Thats not a mother thats a child .

And ı dont know if it was translation but did he really said that 600 someting calories is a daily calorie deficit? Like for who? He is a man who has abs and workout daily its not even one meal
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.