Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 24, 2016 7:29 AM

Oct 2009
I'm trying to get a good grasp on cell service now since I apparently didn't have any fucking grasp on it before.

For a long time, I was paying $60 for unl txt + talk and 2gb of data a month. This included subsidized phones too, so instead of paying $650 for a phone, I would only pay $200. Later, I switched to Verizon's medium plan. I started getting unl txt + talk and 4gb of data a month. This plan was $70, but working for the govt, I received a small employee discount, bringing my price to $61. I didn't receive subsided phones, but I couldn't live with 2gb of data anymore. 4gb is enough, especially when it comes with rollover data support. I later figured out that it makes no sense to be on one of these main plans by yourself. By yourself, it's WAY smarter to be on a prepaid plan. Verizon had a prepaid plan offering unl txt + talk and 5gb of data month for $50. What the hell was I paying more for?

AT&T offers a prepaid plan that's $40, and you get unl txt + talk and 4gb of data w/ rollover support. $30 cheaper than Verizon's (or $21 cheaper with my discount). I was worried about service but I get it everywhere I did with Verizon, and ironically, my data speeds are more than 3x faster... with AT&T... and through prepaid. What.

What. The. Fuck. Verizon.

On the plus side, going to a GSM network, the unlocked phone I bought has next to no bloatware and there's no Verizon tramp stamp to be found.

More topics from this board

» Is the idea that a game needs to respect your time a contradiction on the fundamental concept of video games

Reshiram_IX - Yesterday

10 by Sadahon »»
56 minutes ago

» Did anyone here own a Wii U?

Yuno - 4 hours ago

1 by Sadahon »»
1 hour ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3717 by Clonazenyan »»
3 hours ago

» First Pokémon game

ani2016 - Aug 18

36 by Clonazenyan »»
3 hours ago

» Nintendo is suing Palworld

Dumb - Sep 18

22 by ArabianLuffy »»
Today, 6:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.