Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2016 7:41 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Constantly i was wishing Heidi to be able to go back but from a drama point of view it might have been too soon. He probably had to spent month's on Frankfurt which might felt eternity from her viewpoint but not from adults.
Apr 12, 2019 6:20 AM

Sep 2011
I've been waiting for this development, and it was really satisfying! Heidi is going home!

It's kind of sad that it took an outsider like the doctor to realize what was wrong and do something for the girl, but at least Clara and her father were reasonable enough and they let the girl go home. They do care about her after all, Clara was just being a bit selfish after being alone for so long. I also like that Clara's father reproached Rottenmeier for having ordered Heidi to just bury her feelings and discontentment, which ended up making the girl sick. And that they didn't wait for Dete, and decided to send Heidi with Sebastian as well. I'm sure she would try to make the girl stay or something.

Clara was also very sweet and asked her father to give Heidi the precious white bread she came so far for, and also some other things too. I'm so glad that I feel like I'm the one going home. I just hope her grandfather and Peter will welcome her with open arms from the start. I already want to see Clara playing with them and the goats next spring too!
May 28, 2019 1:51 AM

Apr 2013
oof Rottenmeier is such a bitch, well at least it allowed Heidi to return to the mountains that she cherished but still
Feb 26, 2020 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
Herr is such a kind and understanding father. He sympathized with both Heidi and Clara and decided on a course of action that would be beneficial to both children by having Clara visit Heidi next spring. I especially enjoyed the part where he reprimanded Rottenmeier for her hateful actions. The doctor should get some credit as well. Heidi acknowledged his kind efforts and requested of Herr to tell the doctor of her departure.

I am glad Dete wasn't the one to take Heidi home. Knowing that slippery woman, she would have done anything to make Heidi stay at the household.

Dec 2, 2023 7:52 PM
Sep 2016
Rottenmier has systemactically broken Hiedi down. Now if i was a pretenious asshole i would say of her what everyone says of Alice in Wonderland that's she's a basket case (an idiot reading of the story). But Hiedi has been abused and beaten down so badly her brain is all jumbled. Poor girl. When she goes back to the Mountains she probably won't fit in there cause she's experienced City life. I hope that's not the case but i can see that in this kinda story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 52 Discussion

Kuruwin - Jul 30, 2016

4 by aburame_ernesto »»
Aug 17, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 50 Discussion

Fayrin - Apr 17, 2019

3 by aburame_ernesto »»
Aug 15, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 5 Discussion

Kuruwin - Jun 16, 2016

8 by darthtruder »»
Mar 8, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 4 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 31, 2019

4 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 3 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 31, 2019

5 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.