Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 18, 2016 12:40 PM
Feb 2015
It was a really good psychological anime, definitely gonna read the manga. Why is it so unpopular? It's one of the most gritty thought provoking anime I've seen.
Apr 18, 2016 12:49 PM
Apr 2013
I've been wondering whether to watch it, maybe I will if you thought it was good
Apr 18, 2016 12:53 PM

Jan 2009
It's from the same guy who made Bokurano right?
I've been planning on watching for a while, but just haven't gotten around to it

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Apr 18, 2016 1:33 PM

Feb 2013
i feel you mon

which naru would you taru?
Apr 18, 2016 1:39 PM

Apr 2015
Boku no Pico Is also underrated, but you don't find me making a thread about it outside the intended subforum.
Apr 18, 2016 2:17 PM

Oct 2014
_Peksi said:
I've been planning on watching for a while, but just haven't gotten around to it
Yeah but unlike bokurano this seems more like a schock story
Apr 18, 2016 2:18 PM

Sep 2009
Yes, it is underrated. I wish they made horror anime like the used to =X
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 2, 2016 11:36 AM

Jan 2016
i am watching it and oh boy am i suprised, its really good, so deceiving.
Jun 7, 2016 6:41 PM
Feb 2015
Sakuraoka said:

I know right, could have been GOAT if finished and animated by Madhouse, definitely more interesting than evangelion imo. The characters' issues were more realistic.
Jul 8, 2016 1:25 PM
Jul 2014
It's not finished, and the plot doesn't add up. The art is pretty bad when it's not bland. The English dub was terrible in many ways.

I enjoyed it, but it just has far too many flaws to be considered "underrated" and not just "unpopular".
Sep 29, 2017 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
Thegooblop said:
It's not finished, and the plot doesn't add up. The art is pretty bad when it's not bland. The English dub was terrible in many ways.

I enjoyed it, but it just has far too many flaws to be considered "underrated" and not just "unpopular".

Haven't seen much of the anime yet, but the manga definitely is underrated. The plot goes a lot of interesting directions and builds some interesting philosophies.
Aug 13, 2018 4:11 AM
Dec 2014
mochakawaiibear said:
_Peksi said:

Sometimes an artistic work can be intended to get people out of their comfort zone. But I imagine most people just watch anime for the comfy.
Oct 12, 2018 4:03 AM
Sep 2018
Yeah. I think it's underrated because it does get much hate from angry parents of the young viewers of Kids Channel.

If this anime is made by Gainax or Toei, it would get much love. I think it would be more interesting if they continue the anime up to its fullest volume.

Shina is my favorite character. Naozumi is my neutral.
Oct 12, 2018 4:09 AM

Jul 2017
lol I thought you said Naruto for a second
Nov 23, 2018 4:23 AM

Jan 2018
Imo its actually overrated. the story is just a mess and i actually was bored (which does not happen often). i gave it a 4, which is the only time i rated something below 5 on mal.
Jul 24, 2020 9:57 AM

Oct 2018
I found the anime to be really interesting! The only letdown was that the plot wasn't really finished so to really complete the story you would have to pick up the manga. Still, a 6 is too low for this anime.
Dec 31, 2023 12:55 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to mochakawaiibear
_Peksi said:
@mochakawaiibear
Narutaru is actually alot more deeper and thought provoking than I realized by researching it. Here's a link to an article that deep dives into each character and what the series is trying to say. I don't blame you for thinking it's just edgy. I thought the same at first but after reading this article on Narutaru it changed my perception of the series . It definitely is graphic. But the graphic nature actually has substance surprisingly. It's not for shock value .

https://hanagasaitayo.wordpress.com/2019/08/05/analysis-narutaru-mukuro-naru-hoshi-tama-taru-ko/
Dec 31, 2023 1:07 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to Krystopher
Sakuraoka said:

I know right, could have been GOAT if finished and animated by Madhouse, definitely more interesting than evangelion imo. The characters' issues were more realistic.
@Krystopher Narutaru is extremely misunderstood. I think part of that reason is because no one knows what the creator is trying to say in his series. And I was guilty of this . Researching the meaning behind the series helped me appreciate Narutaru for what it is. I think in order for Narutaru to return with a remake or continuation , we really need to find a studio and staff that understands the material and the creator of Narutaru. I feel Narutaru in of itself got lost in translation when it came to the one Anime adaptation we got. I think having an interview with creator of Narutaru and Bokurano could prove insightful, if he's okay with interviews. I think they should advertise it on Netflix like they did with Devilman Crybaby. Considering the sort of graphic nature of the series,it would make sense. Devilman Crybaby is graphic too , and I don't think it was censored at all on Netflix. I watched Devil Man Crybaby on Netflix. I find the themes and messages of Narutaru and Devil Man Crybaby to be impactful and thoughtprovoking. That's why I'm interested in this series . I'm not here for the graphic content . I personally prefer series to have substance and meaning to said scences than just senseless brutality. I think Narutaru dose provide said deep meaning to the distrusting things each character gose through. It definitely can be uncomfortable at times for sure . I totally get why alot of people will be very turned off by this series. It dosen't hold back. Holds no punches . This series is definitely not for everyone. However, I hope people can try to atleast understand the meaning behind Narutaru, even if they don't like Narutaru as a whole.

https://hanagasaitayo.wordpress.com/2019/08/05/analysis-narutaru-mukuro-naru-hoshi-tama-taru-ko/
ForegroundeclispDec 31, 2023 1:16 PM
Dec 31, 2023 1:22 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to Totoposter

@Totoposter
Part of the reason for that is because it wasn't a full adaptation of the Manga. And I don't think the staff involved in this adaptation, understood what the creator of Narutaru was trying to say. I feel this creators works get misunderstood and misrepresented. I don't blame anyone for misunderstanding Narutaru. I was guilty of this too. I recommend reading this article to better understand Narutaru. This seems to be the only comprehensive analysis of Narutaru online. There's not much reviews that as indepth as this article.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadow Star Narutaru Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - May 9, 2009

24 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 23, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Shadow Star Narutaru Episode 2 Discussion

Newheights - Aug 31, 2009

12 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 23, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Shadow Star Narutaru Episode 1 Discussion

Newheights - Aug 31, 2009

14 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 23, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Shadow Star Narutaru Episode 13 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 25, 2009

49 by BNKRG »»
Aug 19, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Shadow Star Narutaru Episode 12 Discussion

coggins - Sep 17, 2008

26 by BNKRG »»
Aug 19, 10:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.