Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 25, 2015 11:57 AM

Jul 2015
I planned on starting this but the anime is too long (I'm put off by stuff like that) .I thought of reading the manga instead but I saw that the anime's rating was actually higher than the manga's (I don't normally see stuff like that) .So I'm asking if the anime is really worth my time I guess .

I want to see manly niggas and head splitting .
SodiumChlorideDec 25, 2015 12:00 PM
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Dec 25, 2015 12:56 PM

Jul 2015
Bump.....................................
Dec 25, 2015 1:04 PM

Oct 2013
Yeah, I'm looking for some opinions too.

It's ~250 episodes, if you count everything that's related to it (OVAs, Specials, Movies, TV etc.) so it's quite a big investment.

EDIT: PLEASE someone tell me it's something similar to JoJo, I will watch it instantly.
I heard somewhere, that the art of the first 3 parts of jojo is based on Hokuto No Ken.
ArseDec 25, 2015 1:10 PM
Dec 25, 2015 1:59 PM

Oct 2013
...............Shameless bump...............

...............on not even my own thread...............
Dec 25, 2015 2:02 PM

Jul 2015
^ I was surprised myself .................................
Dec 25, 2015 2:23 PM

Aug 2014
The anime (at least the first 100 episode one) is rated higher since it covers the strongest part of the manga. But the manga has two other parts (the second one is also adapted) with the second one being significantly weaker than the first and the last one was just fucking trash so maybe that affects its score.

The first part with Raoh is definitely worth the investment for the cheesy and manly drama and shit, but if you're going with the anime, know that the art is far from the manga.
Dec 25, 2015 3:36 PM

Jul 2015
Poltergeist18 said:
The anime (at least the first 100 episode one) is rated higher since it covers the strongest part of the manga. But the manga has two other parts (the second one is also adapted) with the second one being significantly weaker than the first and the last one was just fucking trash so maybe that affects its score.

The first part with Raoh is definitely worth the investment for the cheesy and manly drama and shit, but if you're going with the anime, know that the art is far from the manga.

Better or worse (art)?
Dec 26, 2015 2:46 AM

Oct 2013
Baitdragon16 said:
Poltergeist18 said:

Better or worse (art)?

Toei animation, ofc it's worse.
Dec 26, 2015 2:51 AM

Aug 2014
Baitdragon16 said:
Better or worse (art)?

While I am exaggerating it when saying far from the manga (it's just my preference), the anime art is still weaker. Kenshiro does look a bit more like one of the inspirations for his design (Bruce Lee), tho.

Go with whatever you want. If the anime feels too long to you, the manga will always be there waiting.

More topics from this board

» High fantasy Anime/Manga that aren't western medieval Tolkien-influenced

kizumi91 - Yesterday

8 by JoeChip »»
24 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has meditation, relaxation, yoga etc. as a part of its plot

Shogun77 - Sep 21

7 by JoeChip »»
28 minutes ago

» anime/manga with glasses main lead (male)?

TPRaferS - 2 hours ago

5 by Khashishi »»
43 minutes ago

» Looking for fun ecchi anime

rohan121 - Aug 21

19 by rohan121 »»
1 hour ago

» recommend me manga from my ptr

chuskipop - Yesterday

4 by Tenderizer79 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.