Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 28, 2015 3:33 PM

Aug 2012
Looking for a serious anime involving dealing with the very first contact with aliens or extraterrestrials, how it is gone about, what led up to it and what comes from it? Any ideas?
May 28, 2015 3:36 PM

Jun 2014
Terraformars is more of an invasion of extraterrestrials but I think it works
May 28, 2015 3:51 PM

May 2015
Jerkhov said:
Actually that is not a contact with aliens, at least it doesn't seem so from the Synopsis. Are they aliens even if from earth?

parasyte
Neon genesis evangelion (Muahahahahahaha)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2015 4:29 PM

Aug 2012
-Zal- said:
Jerkhov said:
Actually that is not a contact with aliens, at least it doesn't seem so from the Synopsis. Are they aliens even if from earth?

parasyte
Neon genesis evangelion (Muahahahahahaha)

Thanks for the good suggestions, I might take up Parasyte some other time, but I was looking for something maybe a bit less invasion focused and more on science/philosophy and things of that nature; although a full out invasion is not out of the question either I suppose.
May 28, 2015 4:34 PM

May 2015
evangelion then?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2015 4:41 PM

Aug 2012
Sure I'll give evangelion a shot, Space Runaway Ideon sounds closer to the target I'll have to check that out as well. Mecha isn't a killer for me, but it is indeed one of my least favored genres and I find it frustrating that many times just because an anime is set in space or space themed, it must involve mechas.
May 29, 2015 12:24 AM

Feb 2015
Macross if you like your Mecha
May 29, 2015 12:46 AM

Jul 2013
Devil Survivor 2 the animation. Aliens invade Earth and give humans 7 days to fight back. Whoever survives shall meet thy creator and be granted a wish.
Dull_LullMay 29, 2015 4:54 AM
May 29, 2015 4:34 AM

Feb 2015
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is also excellent
May 29, 2015 5:21 AM

May 2012
Everyone in Suisei no Gargantia is human, but Ledo might as well be an alien from the perspective of the people of Gargantia. There are real aliens, too, and the story does concern contact. There's a mech named Chamber; he/it might be the best character in the show.

Noein uses the "many-worlds" interpretation of quantum theory to imagine what it would be like to come into contact with beings from a parallel universe. The intersection of these universes resides, of course, in a nice middle-school girl from Hokkaido.

Oh! Edo Rocket is a wacky political satire adapted from a stage play by the author of Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill, Nakashima Kazuki. Aliens appear to the residents of an 1843 Edo row house block.
SeijiSenseiMay 29, 2015 5:25 AM
May 29, 2015 11:12 AM

Aug 2012
Crashmatt said:
Macross if you like your Mecha

As I said earlier I'm not exactly a fan of Mecha.

Tenshi_Shura said:
Devil Survivor 2 the animation. Aliens invade Earth and give humans 7 days to fight back. Whoever survives shall meet thy creator and be granted a wish.

Now we're talking this is the best suggestion so far and possibly the closest I will get, so I'll have to check this one out.
May 31, 2015 9:55 AM

Aug 2012
offmodel said:
CelestialEntity said:

As I said earlier I'm not exactly a fan of Mecha.

Just a heads up, Ideon is more of a space opera than a mecha series (the Ideon is the only true giant robot in the whole show, the Buff Clan come at it with spacecraft and western style mechs/exoskeletons a la Starship Troopers). Tomino did a bunch of non-Gundam shows in the 80's where Sunrise forced him to include a mecha, and he basically would just throw it on screen long enough to appease them and then get back to the show (Dunbine is another one like this).

Thanks, that's good to know, haven't had a chance to start it yet, but I will after I finish what I'm currently watching.

More topics from this board

» Looking for chillin horror anime about ghosts

Shabo-kun - 4 hours ago

5 by mo_lave »»
1 hour ago

» Any media like Erased ( 1 2 )

Alioli360 - May 25

52 by YourCarrot »»
3 hours ago

» Anime where MC’s saving girl/girls

JiroOzaki - May 28

3 by M2zC »»
3 hours ago

» Is there anything left for us?!

fattdaddio - May 29

6 by JoeChip »»
7 hours ago

» Shoujosei with no/little romance

misamxsa - Yesterday

6 by JoeChip »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.