Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 23, 2014 5:17 PM

May 2012
Hey guys!

Well made recently some cards, since I spent some time on them I wanted to know what I can do better or how you like them.
Went for an "Alice in Wonderland" theme. Any tip or statement is much appreciated.
As for the design, I know there are a lot of effects and sparkles lol
but it was my first time making cards, maybe keep that in mind :D

These cards were made for Shishio's Club

SylakentHAug 24, 2014 6:27 AM
Aug 23, 2014 6:02 PM

Aug 2013
I like them
Aug 23, 2014 7:02 PM
Jul 2014
I don't understand what the cards are for or why people do them on here but I think they look great, especially for your first time. The sparkles and effects look nice too, they make the cards seem refreshing.
I'M GONE NOW
Aug 23, 2014 7:08 PM

Aug 2014
That looks awesome! What are they for?
Aug 23, 2014 8:34 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Sparkle wise, some of the sparkles go on top of shadows and that shouldn't happen.
Try your best to keep sparkle effects contained within the card and not on the shadow of the card.

Are you also photoshopping the cards into the actual image? If so, they look great.
Though, left side, third from the top, the cardi n his mouth doesn't look as good as the other cards lighting wise.

curious on what your exact methods are lol, not sure what you did and didn't do.
Aug 23, 2014 8:36 PM

Dec 2012
Wow those look great
Aug 24, 2014 6:26 AM

May 2012
Thanks for the comments and tips! Kinda forgot to mention this in the first post but these cards were for a contest in Shishio's Club.

AnarchicSloth said:
I don't understand what the cards are for or why people do them on here but I think they look great, especially for your first time. The sparkles and effects look nice too, they make the cards seem refreshing.

I also didnt get it in the beginning what cards are for, but I think there's no big reason behind these cards. People like to collect cards in RL (like Yu-Gi-Oh Cards lol) that's the same.

Zelot said:
Sparkle wise, some of the sparkles go on top of shadows and that shouldn't happen.
Try your best to keep sparkle effects contained within the card and not on the shadow of the card.

Are you also photoshopping the cards into the actual image? If so, they look great.
Though, left side, third from the top, the cardi n his mouth doesn't look as good as the other cards lighting wise.

curious on what your exact methods are lol, not sure what you did and didn't do.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to keep this in mind.
yeah I also photoshopped the actual images. Worked with the contrast, color balance and especially tried to point out the eyes of each character. Since this was my very first full set of cards I spent almost 3-4 hours on each card. Had a hard time to choose the actual images, after that I had to create the poker cards but worked for most of the cards with flower brushes as you might see. Well after that I had to edit the image. Effects, contrast etc.

Sometimes I even changed the image itself. For example the second pic from the right top. Just small editing though, original pic looks like this http://img.wallpapergang.com/35processed/anime%20girls%20pink.jpg

Same with fourth pic from left top.
SylakentHAug 24, 2014 6:29 AM
Aug 24, 2014 8:38 AM

Jul 2014
the cards look really good and i kinda get why people get cards , at first i thought they prove that you accomplished or won something anyway good job

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

378 by nin-tendo »»
3 hours ago

» [Extension] MAL Enhancer

ShaggyZE - Jul 19, 2022

3 by ShaggyZE »»
5 hours ago

» share your amv! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Animetwins - May 5, 2015

1012 by ekabu24 »»
Yesterday, 9:16 AM

» Aspiring Writer Looking for Feedback

YungStairwell - May 13

4 by YungStairwell »»
Yesterday, 8:34 AM

» [UserScript] MAL Date Fixer ( 1 2 3 )

NurarihyonMaou - Jan 4, 2021

106 by Aggnog »»
May 28, 1:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.