Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 3, 2014 1:52 PM
Mar 2013
So... I'm just wondering what the manager's supposed to be doing.
We barely see her speak or do anything.
From what I can see, the supervisor organises matches and trips.
The coach gives technical and strategical advice.
The manager... gave out jackets? I can't remember much else.

What does the manager manage?
It's not obvious to me, a non-sports player and someone who rarely enjoys sports anime/manga. I vaguely recall that they usually give out towels and water. Or something.

EDIT: I'm also extending the question:

What is the role of student sports club managers in general? In real life.
addictoholicJun 3, 2014 2:25 PM
Jun 3, 2014 1:54 PM

Jan 2014
Fanservice

Jun 3, 2014 2:24 PM
Mar 2013
That is what I figured :P

Probably should've asked this question as well: What is the role of student sports club managers in general? In real life.
Jun 11, 2014 3:59 PM

Oct 2013
Oshii said:
That is what I figured :P

Probably should've asked this question as well: What is the role of student sports club managers in general? In real life.
Oshii said:
So... I'm just wondering what the manager's supposed to be doing.
We barely see her speak or do anything.
From what I can see, the supervisor organises matches and trips.
The coach gives technical and strategical advice.
The manager... gave out jackets? I can't remember much else.

What does the manager manage?
It's not obvious to me, a non-sports player and someone who rarely enjoys sports anime/manga. I vaguely recall that they usually give out towels and water. Or something.

EDIT: I'm also extending the question:

What is the role of student sports club managers in general? In real life.

The manager main job is support role, mainly dealing with everything that isn't directly related with the activity at hand, making the players and coaches focus the majority of their times and effort in what they should, the activity.
Normally the manager is the one that deals with the uniforms, water, towels, with the execution of the training regiment, collecting the training and players data(In the games they have getting, Kyoko has been responsible to counting the scores and putting them in a notebook for later reference).
In a team with enough managers, a coach could have made different training regiments for every position(or something of the genre) and have each manager responsible for each of those regiments. For example: In Slam Dunk the main characters is a newbie in Basketball and needed a different training regimen than all the other players. The manager was responsible to manage his training.

About Kyoko of Haikyuu!!, she is showed doing her job, but she has a to small of a presence, that has also to do with her personality as will be shown, she will gain more presence as the series advances. Unfortunately her presence will not grow of any significance, if at all, in this season of the anime.
For now her most impactfull moments will be guys noting and excited about her sexiness. In the manga those moments were mainly used as comedy(other guys having jealousy of Karasuno and ocurrences with Hinata, Tanaka and Nishinoya), but as her introduction in the anime showed(introduction that doesn't exist in the manga!), maybe she will be used more as a fanservice.

P.S: Supervisor is just the guy that takes responsibility for what the team does. It has to be some adult that works in the given school. He doesn't have to do anything more, really.
Jun 12, 2014 9:56 AM
Mar 2013
Ahhh, got it. Thanks for the really clear info! Much appreciated :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

326 by SengokuSeju »»
Yesterday, 1:46 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2014

143 by Sarsmita »»
May 23, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

304 by Tamer2002 »»
May 21, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

125 by ANIk_003 »»
May 16, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2014

140 by ANIk_003 »»
May 16, 12:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.