Forum Settings
Forums

Anime/Manga in which MC helps everyone out, but in the end is helped out by everyone else

New
Mar 31, 2014 9:05 PM

Jun 2012
Long title, sorry; but what I'm looking for is an Anime/Manga (no preference on which one) in which the MC is constantly helping people, often 'sacrificing' himself to help someone else. The people he helps/people close to him realize this and eventually they all pitch in to help him at some point.

In general just an uplifting story, times are shitty right now and I think something like that would be nice to watch. Thanks in advance.

Serial lurker
Mar 31, 2014 9:16 PM

Mar 2014
Higashi no Eden/Eden of the East + movies

http://myanimelist.net/anime/5630/Higashi_no_Eden

I don't want to spoil anything for you but you'll see why I say it after you get into it. It's a fantastic watch.

Akira Takizawa pretty much sums up your MC description.
Mar 31, 2014 9:37 PM

Jun 2012
Cagerage211 said:
Higashi no Eden/Eden of the East + movies

http://myanimelist.net/anime/5630/Higashi_no_Eden

I don't want to spoil anything for you but you'll see why I say it after you get into it. It's a fantastic watch.

Akira Takizawa pretty much sums up your MC description.
Thanks, I've been really on the fence about this anime for a while now, anything else come to mind for after this?

Serial lurker
Mar 31, 2014 9:52 PM

Oct 2008
Silver Spoon

It's actually from the same creator that made Fullmetal Achemist, Hiromu Arakawa. It stars a teenage boy named Hachiken who was driven to leave his city hometown to enroll in an Agricultural due to uh.... "domestic issues". But he's unsure of what to do next and then inadvertently learns various things about farm life which start to give him a perspective on things, namely the idea between being efficient and successful vs failing something and being thrown by the wayside. This is something that Hachiken doesn't sit right with especially when unlike him, some of his classmates know exactly what their dreams are and thus develops a compassionate attitude towards his classmates and various animals.
Mar 31, 2014 9:58 PM

Mar 2014
None that are really what you are exactly looking for that I can see on my list. Seirei no Moribito does have that feel to it though.

Balsa (MC) is a female spear-wielder that works as a bodyguard to make up for the lives she has taken in the past. She rescues a prince in the first episode and is tasked to keeping him alive against his father due to a "curse" the emperor believes the prince has. I personally like it for the art style and the story that went with it. In my opinion, a good watch for you.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1827/Seirei_no_Moribito
Mar 31, 2014 10:41 PM

Aug 2012
+1 Silver Spoon

Rewrite's what you're looking for. Not an animeyet, a VN. Though it does have a manga.
Mar 31, 2014 11:10 PM

Jun 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
+1 Silver Spoon

Rewrite's what you're looking for. Not an animeyet, a VN. Though it does have a manga.
Which one? When I search it comes up as multiple results, it does seem interesting though thank you.

Serial lurker
Mar 31, 2014 11:11 PM

Jun 2012
Cagerage211 said:
None that are really what you are exactly looking for that I can see on my list. Seirei no Moribito does have that feel to it though.

Balsa (MC) is a female spear-wielder that works as a bodyguard to make up for the lives she has taken in the past. She rescues a prince in the first episode and is tasked to keeping him alive against his father due to a "curse" the emperor believes the prince has. I personally like it for the art style and the story that went with it. In my opinion, a good watch for you.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1827/Seirei_no_Moribito
Saw it a long time ago and it was very good, I enjoyed it a lot, I just forgot to add it to my list, thanks anyway though!

Serial lurker
Mar 31, 2014 11:11 PM

Jun 2012
Hypeathon said:
Silver Spoon

It's actually from the same creator that made Fullmetal Achemist, Hiromu Arakawa. It stars a teenage boy named Hachiken who was driven to leave his city hometown to enroll in an Agricultural due to uh.... "domestic issues". But he's unsure of what to do next and then inadvertently learns various things about farm life which start to give him a perspective on things, namely the idea between being efficient and successful vs failing something and being thrown by the wayside. This is something that Hachiken doesn't sit right with especially when unlike him, some of his classmates know exactly what their dreams are and thus develops a compassionate attitude towards his classmates and various animals.
I tried watching the first episode and it didn't seem like that, I know it's quick to judge, but if you and so many others think highly of it I'll give it another shot, thanks!

Serial lurker
Mar 31, 2014 11:24 PM

Aug 2012
alex70031 said:
AlexTheRiot said:

Which one? When I search it comes up as multiple results, it does seem interesting though thank you.
I don't know much about the manga but I probably shouldn't recommend it anyway. The visual novel is great though, just time consuming.
alex70031 said:
Hypeathon said:
Silver Spoon

I tried watching the first episode and it didn't seem like that, I know it's quick to judge, but if you and so many others think highly of it I'll give it another shot, thanks!
It's funny cause I was the same, I came very close to dropping it after the first episode. Didn't like the agriculture setting and wasn't laughing much. Then every episode after that made me love it more and more, now it's in my extended favorites. Most solid character development I've seen in a long time.
Apr 1, 2014 12:17 AM

Oct 2008
I'll admit that the first episode of the show (like the main character) can seem weak and lacks forward momentum compared to the rest of the show due to adjusting past the strangeness of farm life and seeing an egg come out of a chicken's anus.

However, if you do watch the show through the first season and maybe the next, the first episode will make sense in context. It's Hachiken needing to get a sense of the life of his classmates on the surface in order to get to the bigger, heavier stuff about each of the individual secondary characters and their life goals.
Apr 1, 2014 7:59 PM

Jun 2012
Hypeathon said:
I'll admit that the first episode of the show (like the main character) can seem weak and lacks forward momentum compared to the rest of the show due to adjusting past the strangeness of farm life and seeing an egg come out of a chicken's anus.

However, if you do watch the show through the first season and maybe the next, the first episode will make sense in context. It's Hachiken needing to get a sense of the life of his classmates on the surface in order to get to the bigger, heavier stuff about each of the individual secondary characters and their life goals.
I'll definately give it a try then if everyone is recommending it. I thought I was quick to judge it but like some said, the agricultural setting was killing me and I felt the characters where weak. Thanks for the info guys.

Serial lurker
Apr 1, 2014 8:01 PM

Feb 2014
Every battle shounen? lol

Naruto, bleach et al
Apr 1, 2014 8:07 PM

Nov 2013
Miyata- said:

Naruto, bleach et al

no.

on topic, i think monogatari series fits the bill sort of
Apr 2, 2014 7:14 PM

Jun 2012
Miyata- said:

Naruto, bleach et al
If you have nothing to add to the conversation then don't add. You obviously haven't looked at my list, you obviously are going for a snide remark. Eat shit.

Serial lurker
Apr 2, 2014 7:15 PM

Jun 2012
Celestrial2 said:
Miyata- said:

Naruto, bleach et al

no.

on topic, i think monogatari series fits the bill sort of
Thanks, I loved the first 2 seasons and the movies, have yet to watch the second season though, I think I'll watch it after Silver Spoon and Eden of The East, I completely forgot about it.

Serial lurker

More topics from this board

» Shoujosei with no/little romance

misamxsa - 7 hours ago

4 by mentalmondai »»
4 hours ago

» I'm looking for mature, realistic high school romance media

KietaTeenRomance - 10 hours ago

4 by mo_lave »»
6 hours ago

» Anime Movies About Japanese Work Culture

dadnaya - Yesterday

5 by UberBat »»
9 hours ago

» Any media like Erased ( 1 2 )

Alioli360 - May 25

50 by LoveYourSmile »»
Today, 8:15 AM

» i need you

blackmirrorerror - Yesterday

3 by JoeChip »»
Today, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.