Mar 11, 2014 9:02 PM

Nov 2013
---------------------------------
DesuSep 23, 2017 6:16 PM

Mar 11, 2014 9:29 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
the black bars.
Are they purposeful? Did you mean to do them?
If not, change the aspect ratio to 16:9 as well as the render ratio to 16:9.
Beautiful use of colors, I had no problem with any color changes you did.

Specifics!!
The barnyard door transition used in the begging feels out of place. I particularly don't use this transition as a true transition but more similar to a gradient. The better use of the barnyard transition is for masked objects such as a door or window or a two of the same scenes, the second one using the transition to change color.

Nebulous transition at ~0:10 is a bit out of place as well. Don't think every transition needs to have an effect! Fades do fine! Especially with a song like this, a .05 fade would be perfect!
The 3D blinds transition that follows again, is out of place... but what shines is the following transition! Not sure which transition it is... but if you fade those in, it would look amazing!

You see that fade you did at ~0:20 and afterwords? PERFECT

The heart crossfade transition was so cheesy. It;s a bit out of place as well, but adds to the cheesyness... and if that was your aim, good job!

At 0:44. the train scene! Colors so beautiful but the lens flare video effect does not work with the train! Keep in mind the lens flare should be used in conjunction with the lighting of the picture, the lens flare is no perpendicular to the train since we are in it's shadow!

0:46-1:17 is perfect! The fades were nice, would have enjoyed seeing typography, but it isn't needed. 1:17, when Sorata facial expression matched the part of the song was great!

1:32.. you slowed the clip down.
You slowed it down too much! This removes all smoothness as all it does is extend how long a frame will last. Extending frame length removes how smooth the clip is. If the clip is too short, avoid slowing it down, figure out if there are other clips you can use together or just an entirely different clip.

THAT GLOW INTENSIFYING AT 1:50
HIGH POINT OF THIS AMV
IT LOOKED AMAZING.
YOU FADED IT DOWN TOO
GREAT JOB

Oh god, more barn door transitions.
My suggestion may have been blurred fades/motion blurs. I can teach you this, it's a bit complicated if you are new to Sony Vegas.

Fade to black
A classic way to end that most people don't do.
Instead we get a whole 2 minute credit screen.
FADE TO BLACKS NEED TO COME BACK.

Great amv for a first one!!
You are ahead of me, I have yet to finish one. Something you may not want to be hearing from someone giving you feedback, but I have edited stuff before!!

Would love to see more from you!
ZelotMar 17, 2014 10:43 PM
Mar 11, 2014 10:38 PM

Nov 2013
Zelot said:
the black bars.
Are they purposeful? Did you mean to do them?
If not, change the aspect ration to 16:9 as well as the render ration to 16:9.
Beautiful use of colors, I had no problem with any color changes you did.

Specifics!!
The barnyard door transition used in the begging feels out of place. I particularly don't use this transition as a true transition but more similar to a gradient. The better use of the barnyard transition is for masked objects such as a door or window or a two of the same scenes, the second one using the transition to change color.

Nebulous transition at ~0:10 is a bit out of place as well. Don't think every transition needs to have an effect! Fades do fine! Especially with a song like this, a .05 fade would be perfect!
The 3D blinds transition that follows again, is out of place... but what shines is the following transition! Not sure which transition it is... but if you fade those in, it would look amazing!

You see that fade you did at ~0:20 and afterwords? PERFECT

The heart crossfade transition was so cheesy. It;s a bit out of place as well, but adds to the cheesyness... and if that was your aim, good job!

At 0:44. the train scene! Colors so beautiful but the lens flare video effect does not work with the train! Keep in mind the lens flare should be used in conjunction with the lighting of the picture, the lens flare is no perpendicular to the train since we are in it's shadow!

0:46-1:17 is perfect! The fades were nice, would have enjoyed seeing typography, but it isn't needed. 1:17, when Sorata facial expression matched the part of the song was great!

1:32.. you slowed the clip down.
You slowed it down too much! This removes all smoothness as all it does is extend how long a frame will last. Extending frame length removes how smooth the clip is. If the clip is too short, avoid slowing it down, figure out if there are other clips you can use together or just an entirely different clip.

THAT GLOW INTENSIFYING AT 1:50
HIGH POINT OF THIS AMV
IT LOOKED AMAZING.
YOU FADED IT DOWN TOO
GREAT JOB

Oh god, more barn door transitions.
My suggestion may have been blurred fades/motion blurs. I can teach you this, it's a bit complicated if you are new to Sony Vegas.

Fade to black
A classic way to end that most people don't do.
Instead we get a whole 2 minute credit screen.
FADE TO BLACKS NEED TO COME BACK.

Great amv for a first one!!
You are ahead of me, I have yet to finish one. Something you may not want to be hearing from someone giving you feedback, but I have edited stuff before!!

Would love to see more from you!

Thanks for the feedback. I don't mind if you edit or not. Any feedback is awesome. I'll take everything you said into account for the next amv I make. I agree that some of the transitions were a bit overused or unnecessary.

The text was not my idea, it was in the anime itself. For the slowing when he was acting crazy, I'm not sure if I slowed it or not? I don't think I did. If you can teach me anything, it would be awesome. A video link is great also.
DesuMar 12, 2014 1:25 AM

Mar 12, 2014 5:44 AM

Oct 2013
Pretty good, and I agree with Zelot, some transitions did feel a bit out of place.
Hardest part about making AMV imo is having patience to play the same thing over and over again and making some changes.
Watch other people's AMVs (good ones, preferably) and learn some techniques they use.

More topics from this board

» Looking to Spruce up my About me Design

TheSunLife - 10 hours ago

3 by TheSunLife »»
4 hours ago

» 2024 Fantasy Anime Bingo!! - YT Video

inolzia - Yesterday

0 by inolzia »»
Yesterday, 10:05 AM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

437 by sharokirima »»
Sep 26, 4:51 PM

» 【 ART THREAD 】Let's share our art! ‪‪❤︎‬

mewmewforever - Aug 30

35 by Fario-P »»
Sep 25, 10:01 AM

» Konomi Yuzuhara "Amaloli" (To Heart 2)

MasterTasuke - Sep 24

0 by MasterTasuke »»
Sep 24, 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.