Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2014 9:34 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
How fucking stupid Is Taishi?

Not only did he ruin the mecha right after he was told than any little error could ruin everything and he decided not to toll anyone. The real stupdity is that he was told THAT IT ISN'T MARIA BUT 2 MINUTES LATER HE GOES CRYING "MARIA MARIA" all over again while running towards the enemy. That stupid fuck, or should I say bad writing? Not even a brat like him would be that stupid, imo
AlcoholicideFeb 23, 2014 9:42 PM
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 24, 2019 10:32 AM

Sep 2018
Pullman said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
How fucking stupid Is Taishi?

Not only did he ruin the mecha right after he was told than any little error could ruin everything and he decided not to toll anyone. The real stupdity is that he was told THAT IT ISN'T MARIA BUT 2 MINUTES LATER HE GOES CRYING "MARIA MARIA" all over again while running towards the enemy. That stupid fuck, or should I say bad writing? Not even a brat like him would be that stupid, imo

Well to be fair, he did knock into the lever by accident, but yeah, he should have told some one. But that's a common device, so not really bad writing there. Though the crying "maria maria" thing was stupid as hell. I don't understaind how this show could go from having a great first episode to having a clumsy, poorly written episode that's hard to follow. That's another thing that bugged me about this episode, they were trying to do these long dialog expositions in the middle of the action making it exceedingly hard to try to keep track of what the hell was being fed to you. All and all this episode was a mess.
Oct 10, 2019 8:57 PM

Oct 2008
I think you missed the point of this episode. Taishi is still a kid he was afraid to take responsibility for his mistake, every kid is like that. He seems to be clinging to Maria because he lost his mother. It's irrational but he's still a kid, that's what this episode was about.
Oct 11, 2019 5:22 AM

Feb 2010
Hatul said:
I think you missed the point of this episode. Taishi is still a kid he was afraid to take responsibility for his mistake, every kid is like that. He seems to be clinging to Maria because he lost his mother. It's irrational but he's still a kid, that's what this episode was about.

Pullman said:
Not even a brat like him would be that stupid, imo

There's simply a limit to my suspension of disbelief and how stupid they made Taichi act in this episode went way past that limit. I've seen a lot of stupid characters to stupid shit over the years, but this is one of the most unbelievable instances I've come across.
I probably regret this post by now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kishin Corps Episode 7 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 6, 2014

0 by Alcoholicide »»
Mar 6, 2014 12:36 PM

Poll: » Kishin Corps Episode 6 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 6, 2014

0 by Alcoholicide »»
Mar 6, 2014 11:57 AM

Poll: » Kishin Corps Episode 5 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 2, 2014

0 by Alcoholicide »»
Mar 2, 2014 9:11 AM

Poll: » Kishin Corps Episode 4 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Mar 2, 2014

0 by Alcoholicide »»
Mar 2, 2014 8:20 AM

Poll: » Kishin Corps Episode 3 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Feb 23, 2014

0 by Alcoholicide »»
Feb 23, 2014 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.