Edit Anime Information

Producers: Bandai Visual, Movic
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Sunrise
Source: Book
Duration: 25 min. per ep.
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Jun 16, 2008
DeathfireD (All reviews)
As a long time Starship Troopers fan it was only right that I watch the anime. I have to say it was a real treat to watch. The story follows the book pretty well and also adds in it's own interpretations. If you're into mecha anime then you will love this.

Story: Is about a young rich boy named Jonney Rico who joins the mobile infantry to help fight the war on alien bugs that plagues the earth and it's people. The story takes place in the future where humanity can freely travel from planet to planet as a luxury. Jonney originally had no idea what read more
Oct 19, 2018
owarida6 (All reviews)
Whenever I watch a show that was made before the 90s, I try to make sure that I am viewing it through the lens of the era it was created in. Uchuu no Senshi is a decent production for 1988. That being said, I'm still a little indecisive about how I felt about the anime adaptation of Starship Troopers.

I will preface this by saying that I have read the beginning of the original Heinlein novel but I didn't finish it. That said, the anime is certainly more faithful to the source material than Paul Verhooven's excellent film adaptation we got in the late 90s.

For read more