Edit Anime Information

Broadcast: Unknown
Licensors: ADV Films
Studios: Studio Egg
Source: Manga
Duration: 24 min. per ep.
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Jan 8, 2009
Ilyaoh (All reviews)
Guns were used in that era, so the idea isn't that original, since it's the same, just using more modern guns.

There's a story going on in the background, namely; The family of the main character got killed and he's out for revenge, sort of, he doesn't want to kill, yet, he want's to kill the guy who did it. Besides that, story's go from episode to episode, which are all just as unintresting as a shaved armpit.

The art's good, there's some major quality loss in good animated scene's, or just scenes which are done too quick (I presume). The sound's good, at first, you read more
Mar 11, 2008
ParadiseLost (All reviews)
Samurai Gun is a great anime for a shoot'em up good time. It puts a spin on the whole samurai genre by the main characters using pistols instead of katana's. Don't expect too much of a deep story line and take it for what it is. The art sort of reminds me of Ninja Scroll and the characters are pretty unique. I find their costumes a bit funny in all those different colors. Nonetheless I really enjoyed it and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good samurai fictional title.
Aug 16, 2017
Chinaz (All reviews)
Samurai Gun - An anime without a goal

Samurai Gun is an anime adaptation of the original manga with the same name. It began airing on October, 4 and ended on December, 4 of 2004 and it was animated by Studio Egg, best known for anime that people don't care. You don't need to read the full synopsis to know more about this particular anime because, once more, no one cares.

"(...) A group of Samurai has banded together, and, with the development of new weapons and new technology, they have both the will and the hardware to stand up and fight. Ichimatsu is one of these read more
Sep 11, 2009
Atomika (All reviews)
I liked this anime a lot but there were a few things that bothered me. Yes, in that time they had guns but most of it was extremely inaccurate! I could get into historical detail but most of you know what is and isn't historically correct. Also, during the ending credits, the one picture with the fish? I found that very disturbing in a couple different ways. I own the series so of course I love it but yeah, some things bother me.
Nov 21, 2017
DarkRavie (All reviews)
In the time of the Shogunate, fierce warriors roam the countryside, raping and murdering innocent people. The only hope for peace lies with one man and a group of samurai who want nothing more than to bring down the bad guys.

My thoughts:
I enjoyed this anime. It's about fighters known only as Samurai Gun. They go up against the Shogun who do anything they can to instil fear and to dominate the people. I like that it wasn't only men, but also women that were Samurai. The story is good and in a ways shows a bit of transition of weapons; from sword to guns.