Melty Lancer

Producers: None found, add some
Studios: Gonzo
Source: Game
Genres: AdventureAdventure, ComedyComedy, Sci-FiSci-Fi, SpaceSpace
Duration: 30 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Score: 5.931 (scored by 525525 users)
1 indicates a weighted score.
Aug 1, 2010
Colonelfancy (All reviews)
Okay, to start, I'm not a fan of studio Gonzo. With the exception of their work on Peacemaker Kurogane and Real Bout High School, they've failed to keep my interest with lackadasical stories, sub-par animation, and boring, architypical character traits. For me, most of Gonzo's production didn't start to get on my nerves until Last Exile and Gankutsuo, a poor take on the novel The Count of Monte Cristo. Before those came to ruin my life, I endured another smattering of Gonzo-based mediocrity; Melty Lancer the Animation.
Now this isn't a really bad OVA series, in fact it's a bit enjoyable as a smash 'n read more
Apr 18, 2018
ktulu007 (All reviews)
Melty Lancer is an action comedy ova based off of a Konami game. You may know them as that company that seems bent on losing any good will it might have ever had with pachinko machines based off of their franchises and whatever the hell Metal Gear Survive was. The studio they got to work on this was Gonzo. The same studio that gave us Final Fantasy Unlimited, Solty Rei & Sunabouzu among others. How does this hold up compared to their other works? I'm guessing better than Sunabouzu, not that that would be hard.

Story:

We open with a bunch of old, politician looking types approaching read more