Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 27, 9:49 PM
Oct 2021
[spoiler] Ok I haven’t finished this season yet but I’m annoyed that thorfin is just being a pushover and had that dream where he swears to never hurt again. I want a simple answer does thorfin ever fight or kill someone ever again in the manga or show
Apr 27, 10:04 PM
Mar 2021
Media literacy is dead
Apr 27, 10:05 PM
Jul 2022
Superninjaboy2 said:
[spoiler] Ok I haven’t finished this season yet but I’m annoyed that thorfin is just being a pushover and had that dream where he swears to never hurt again. I want a simple answer does thorfin ever fight or kill someone ever again in the manga or show

Consider watching the show for story instead of action or else you will miss out
Apr 27, 10:07 PM
Oct 2021
SCAREDgorilla said:
Superninjaboy2 said:

Consider watching the show for story instead of action or else you will miss out

Well when the story it’s supposed to be based on is full of action and I mean FULL. I kinda expect action, also the first season is packed with action just wondering why they are making our protagonist a pushover
Apr 27, 10:12 PM
Jul 2021
Superninjaboy2 said:
SCAREDgorilla said:

Well when the story it’s supposed to be based on is full of action and I mean FULL. I kinda expect action, also the first season is packed with action just wondering why they are making our protagonist a pushover

I mean the saga had some action but not as much as your saying
Apr 27, 10:12 PM
Jul 2022
Superninjaboy2 said:
SCAREDgorilla said:

What are you even talking about, I’m sure what it’s based on is the exact same. It’s not all about action, there’s also something called story and character development if you can believe it.
Apr 27, 10:14 PM
Oct 2021
SCAREDgorilla said:
Superninjaboy2 said:

What are you even talking about, I’m sure what it’s based on is the exact same. It’s not all about action, there’s also something called story and character development if you can believe it.

Bro I don’t care about all that. All I’m asking is whether or not he’s going to fight or kill again if anyone knows this
Apr 27, 10:15 PM
Jul 2022
Superninjaboy2 said:
SCAREDgorilla said:

Bro I don’t care about all that. All I’m asking is whether or not he’s going to fight or kill again if anyone knows this

Whatever you say shounentard 🤡
Apr 27, 10:17 PM
Oct 2021
SCAREDgorilla said:
Superninjaboy2 said:

And again I’m disappointed by opening this app to another pointless discussion
Apr 27, 10:22 PM
Jul 2022
Superninjaboy2 said:
SCAREDgorilla said:

You’re the one who can’t appreciate anything if there isn’t action.
Apr 27, 10:23 PM
Oct 2021
SCAREDgorilla said:
Superninjaboy2 said:

Bro I never said I didn’t like this show and in fact I like Thorfinns character it’s just he went from killing to letting these weak people push him around. Quit getting mad for no reason
Apr 27, 10:25 PM
Jul 2022
Superninjaboy2 said:
SCAREDgorilla said:

Bro I never said I didn’t like this show and in fact I like Thorfinns character it’s just he went from killing to letting these weak people push him around. Quit getting mad for no reason

Can you not understand his actions or something?
Apr 27, 10:26 PM
Oct 2021
SCAREDgorilla said:
Superninjaboy2 said:

Bro… do you not understand what I’ve been telling you this whole time
Apr 27, 10:26 PM
Oct 2021
Fight: Yes. Kill: no.
Apr 27, 10:28 PM
Oct 2021
paparoski02 said:

Thank you for a straight answer. Much appreciated
Apr 27, 10:29 PM

Jan 2009
he will fight but never kill
Apr 27, 10:39 PM
Jul 2022
Superninjaboy2 said:
SCAREDgorilla said:

Bro… do you not understand what I’ve been telling you this whole time

If you understand why are you even asking the question you should know the answer to and why are you even annoyed in the first place
Apr 27, 10:47 PM
Apr 2018
Superninjaboy2 said:
paparoski02 said:

he will fight but just to protect himself, it also annoyed me and dropped it for months, jumped to the last eps just to see the happy end. most disappointing series ever
Apr 27, 10:52 PM

Nov 2021
No he doesn’t, but there will be lot of action in one of the upcoming arc.
Apr 27, 11:06 PM
Jul 2014
Superninjaboy2 said:

I mean this with the utmost sincerity, get your head checked. If the concept of a person wanting to grow has you baffled, you have much bigger problems
Apr 27, 11:15 PM
Jun 2021
can you not understand thorfinn's mentality now
Apr 28, 12:26 AM
Jul 2021
Superninjaboy2 said:
SCAREDgorilla said:

first season wasn't packed with action. First season had a fantastic character named Askelad. 2nd season was all about Thorfin's grief. By no way is Thorfin a pushover. As for your questions, yes s3 will have more fights and action than s1. It's a liter war arc.
Apr 28, 12:27 AM
Jul 2021
Kimosabe_ said:
Superninjaboy2 said:

he will fight but just to protect himself, it also annoyed me and dropped it for months, jumped to the last eps just to see the happy end. most disappointing series ever

It didn't even end wtf are you on?
Apr 28, 2:38 AM
Jan 2020
No, he’s just boring. I’m all about living for peace and brotherly love, but for an action anime to have virtually no action makes no sense. Season 1 had lots of action and season 2 was the complete opposite.
Apr 28, 6:00 AM
Dec 2019
He’s not a push over, he just learned to mature and move away from senseless killing
Apr 28, 6:16 AM
Dec 2020
Superninjaboy2 said:

how is he a pushover when he is clearly going the difficult way and trying to stop the cycle of hatred
Apr 28, 6:31 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Oh my, you're such a shallow person OP, calling a former war combatant a pushover just because he doesn't want to fight anymore.

Thorfinn S2 is anything but a pushover, he realized that war and violence don't solve anything and just breeds more problems later on.

I think you better drop this anime and watch whatever satisfies your gory action fetish for your sake :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 28, 6:34 AM
Dec 2021
Superninjaboy2 said:
SCAREDgorilla said:

welcome to vinland saga, where violence was the prologue (s1 ep 24 confirms) and a plot device to explain why war is dumb. action is NOT the point of this show
Apr 28, 9:19 AM
May 2023
Rinrinka said:
Oh my, you're such a shallow person OP, calling a former war combatant a pushover just because he doesn't want to fight anymore.

Thorfinn S2 is anything but a pushover, he realized that war and violence don't solve anything and just breeds more problems later on.

I think you better drop this anime and watch whatever satisfies your gory action fetish for your sake :)

I love ur responses to people in these threads, they r always so good😂
Apr 28, 12:32 PM

Apr 2021
24846 said:
Media literacy is dead

This is the realest shit I've read all day.
We'Ve StEpPeD iNtO a WaR wItH tHe CaBaL oN mArS
Apr 28, 2:51 PM
Jul 2023
Superninjaboy2 said:
SCAREDgorilla said:

He’s trying to learn to do the right thing
Better than him killing everybody and being a complete psychopath
Apr 28, 3:30 PM
Apr 2023
24846 said:
Media literacy is dead

This is why most of the new iterations of old franchises are just pale imitations of the original; the writers think that if they include any of the nuance of the original, it’ll just go straight over the heads of the audience. Having been on the internet for the last decade and a half has taught me something— that they’re probably right
Apr 28, 11:32 PM
Jan 2020
I don’t understand people who watch Vinland Saga and think it’s all about action. The overall direction the show was taking and Thorfinn’s eventual character development was foreshadowed from episode one…
Apr 29, 12:08 AM

Jan 2021
Superninjaboy2 said:
SCAREDgorilla said:

Vinland saga was never a story about action.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Apr 29, 12:43 AM
Jan 2022
He definitely doesn’t become a pushover. Just keep on watching, you won’t regret it
Apr 29, 1:18 AM

Nov 2019
MAKOTO YUKIMURA: If you're into my story for the violent aspect of it, at some point, I might not be able to meet your expectations. If you really want to read about things like violence, you should consider Attack on Titan. I actually do hear comments from the fans saying that they like Thorfinn from back in the day. 'What happened to him? He's only farming!' I hear their complaints, though, at the same time, I cannot help it. Sorry.
Apr 29, 6:35 AM
Apr 2017
Kushna said:
MAKOTO YUKIMURA: If you're into my story for the violent aspect of it, at some point, I might not be able to meet your expectations. If you really want to read about things like violence, you should consider Attack on Titan. I actually do hear comments from the fans saying that they like Thorfinn from back in the day. 'What happened to him? He's only farming!' I hear their complaints, though, at the same time, I cannot help it. Sorry.

That's why he's the GOAT.
Apr 29, 5:33 PM

Jul 2017
fight yes kill idk
Apr 29, 11:08 PM
Feb 2022
24846 said:
Media literacy is dead

humanity is so cooked
Apr 30, 1:08 AM
Jul 2021
Go watch solo leveling or something else if you want action.
Don't cry here if you don't like the story.
Apr 30, 1:10 AM
Jul 2021
Superninjaboy2 said:
SCAREDgorilla said:

Once you finish the season, you'll know why he's being like this.
Apr 30, 2:05 PM
Sep 2017
If you drop the show where you're at and never talk about it again, I think that would be great.
Apr 30, 3:35 PM
Dec 2022
Personally I like the direction they’re building his character. I was also curious of the answer to your question. I’ve wondered myself since I haven’t gotten around to reading it yet.

Gods bless the dude who answered simple yes fight, no kill. People are assholes for no reason. This thread got so aggressive. Sorry people act like twats
Apr 30, 6:37 PM
Mar 2023
Superninjaboy2 said:
SCAREDgorilla said:

Watch the show and you’ll find out retard🤡
Apr 30, 8:44 PM
Aug 2016
TLDR; No, there are barely any fights in season 2

Long answer: The main theme of Vinland story as a whole is non-violence. So S1 shows the perspective of the oppressors which is filled with violence, while S2 turns the tables on that by showing the perspective of the victims (you'll see that in second half of S2 if you are willing to give that a shot, but from what you said I guess not). S2 in particular shows transition of Thorfinn from a murdering man slayer to a pacifist with resolution of conflict using non-violent methods.

If that does not excite you in any sense, my personal suggestion would be that you just drop it instead of continuing and getting further annoyed by Thorfinn because the S1 Thorfinn isn't coming back.

Also, this from the mangaka himself 👇

Kushna said:
May 6, 10:54 AM
May 2016
Superninjaboy2 said:
SCAREDgorilla said:

you're the one doing the pointless discussion crying about lack of action on a seinen anime where the focus has always been story and characters. just cause the fights look pretty doesn't mean it's the focus. go back to Boku no hero or wtv, enjoy the 19th training arc

More topics from this board

» Season 2 is a 5* season 1 is a 9*

Superninjaboy2 - 15 minutes ago

5 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2023

138 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Poll: » we getting that award fr ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 23

53 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 12, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

370 by ebobota »»
May 10, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

488 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.