Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 25, 2023 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
The final fight between the Corpse God and Civil Sabaramond, people like Takumi just can't stand idle as his friends who support his idea of world peace. And in the pursuit of that, the "friendship is power" trope comes into play as the Corpse God has already isolated people off from their battlefield in Shinjuku. Even calling forth one of the Imperial Majesties of the Byandy Empire, the whole world stands on the Corpse God's side.

The Fire-Breathing Bug being stopped by a young girl, as well as Tsubaki proclaiming that he'll eradicate all of the Sabaramond people and implant their will into him, it's a gamble. Even Lemmings with Xiaoyu facing one of the Sabaramond children, the Corpse God can only feel like he's facing one of his former nemesis: Arius. To that effect, Pramrodia takes charge of helping the Corpse God find his peace in the new world, and just like friends on business, he takes Pram into his business clearing out the Sabaramond.

The Fire-Breathing Bug shall withhold its attacks for now watching the Corpse God from afar, and Civil is saved thanks to his leftover mana crystals, to which it wouldn't be bad staying in this world.

What a story. Ryohgo Narita's series, with Part 2 here, has redeemed itself as a whole into the territory of goodness.
KANLen09Dec 25, 2023 9:04 AM
Dec 25, 2023 8:28 AM
Sep 2015
This anime seems to think that "friendship is magic" is a perfect answer for every complicated questions.

Lemmings used to be the biggest threat in season 1, but he's like a tier C, or even D in season 2, might even fall off the chart if it has season 3, this anime can't control its power creep anymore.
Dec 25, 2023 8:52 AM
Sep 2021
Nice ending to the season, it ended on a good note. Still, there are more plots left to be covered. Hope it gets a S2.
Dec 25, 2023 8:53 AM

Feb 2021
And so with this starts the empty week between seasons (especially empty this time because consecutive cour anime are on a break too because of new years). I'm actually really thankful for that, I really need that sweet free time.

We finally have a better name for Corpse God lmao. Riz!
This episode was pretty epic. So many things with many different people involved going on at the same time.

8/10
This was good! Better than cour 1 imo. Would be cool to see more stories with a crap ton of things going on at the same time like this lol.

Also the ED for this cour is fire
Does anyone know how many chapters are there after this? I'm not really expecting a sequel tho. Someday I'm gonna catch up to the manga
Dec 25, 2023 9:08 AM
Jul 2023
Average finale, kinda rush from source material
Dec 25, 2023 9:10 AM
Aug 2020
`The season is over, we had a good way to end even if i was expecting more...

what will happen next...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 25, 2023 9:17 AM
Mar 2020
Nice ending.... Can we expect 3rd season? Or is this the end entirely?
Dec 25, 2023 9:17 AM

Dec 2012
Season 3 when?!!!

Dec 25, 2023 9:21 AM
Jul 2023
The most plot heavy series this year end as expected, more questions than answers.

Hopefully, the hypothetical season 2 bring much needed improvements to the animations.
Dec 25, 2023 9:28 AM
Oct 2016
Polka has perhaps found the peace he's been looking for. This show is not one I was overly familiar with before the anime but I'm glad I decided to watch it all those months ago. The author is hit or miss with me and I can see some of the same flaws in this as in their previous works. The concept of basically A god of death being reincarnated to our modern world is really cool. Isekai have of course become really popular this past decade but the reverse isn't seen so much, making the story of Corpse God becoming Polka very interesting at the start. The problems are when the cast becomes huge, this author has a tendency to introduce an insane amount of characters one after the other, I think that's one of this show's biggest flaws is the expansive cast. Maybe over time that issue would smooth out but as of now there's just too many characters, I loved the main ones we got with Polka crew of Misaki, Takumi and Xiaoyu. Some of the antagonists were cool like Solitaire, Fire Breathing Bug and Lemmings. The mix of arcane necromancer magic in a modern city is really cool, but there's just too much going on at times. I wish th story had a more focused approach but that's just not this author's style. Still I liked the journey we went on with Corpse God discovering this new life as Polka and what that means and what he wants out of life.

70/100
Dec 25, 2023 9:56 AM

Oct 2017
Epic finale with lots of action. Corpse God summoned the emperor and his comrades. The emperor's magic looked so cool. He's a really cool guy too, hoping to see more of him in the future.

Anyway for now things with Civil has settled down after his defeat but who knows what the future holds. Misaki seems to have unlocked a new power, turning other things into bats. Xiaoyu used his dragon hand too which was cool. How does Majiri know about the dragon hand though? She knows about the other world stuff too probably. Also that girl with elemental has origins from the other world.

Btw Misaki hugging Corpse God was sweet. Need more of them.

Great season overall with both parts. Part 2 finally revealed important infos and there's still much to learn but it was satisfying to know what we know so far. Narita Ryohgo never misses, what a guy. Hoping for a new season soon.
Dec 25, 2023 10:25 AM

Dec 2022
it was awesome when corpse gods friends came to help him liked the lst ep more than the whole part 2
Dec 25, 2023 11:00 AM

Apr 2008
Wow, so now the Isekai setting is fully revealed at last. Corpse God for some unknown reason necro'd his entire kingdom, gaining an undead arsenal surpassing anything else. Fleeing death, he isekai'd into our world, where he found a descendant of his mom's line who was freshly killed, and possessed his body. Descendants of other sorcerers from his old kingdom's world are here also. Cool.

Pretty creative idea for an isekai by default.
Dec 25, 2023 11:05 AM

Feb 2018
i wonder if in the next season they'll start calling him by his real name; he got interrupted before he could tell everyone what it was so they might just keep calling him corpse god
Dec 25, 2023 11:07 AM
Aug 2022
I just want a season 2
Dec 25, 2023 11:07 AM
Jul 2011
It was a nice final episode, I would like to know if Civil and the girls will join Polka's party in the next season, and also the new enemies and probably evoluitons of Polka's party members.
Dec 25, 2023 11:32 AM

Aug 2017
Any season 2 will still be a while away. Season 1 covered a total of 81 chapters and the arc after this one is still currently ongoing with only around 28 chapters after this episode.
Dec 25, 2023 11:57 AM
Sep 2019
Reply to AnimeSrk
Nice ending to the season, it ended on a good note. Still, there are more plots left to be covered. Hope it gets a S2.
@AnimeSrk like what?
Dec 25, 2023 12:14 PM
Mar 2015
Thanks to help from the Emperor and friends Corpse God is able to make peace with Civil The bugs have agreed to let the cops take revenge for them
Dec 25, 2023 12:49 PM

Sep 2007
....My take-away with that ending was basically:
The side arc has finished, now we're back to the "assassins are after Polka" thing.

Can't believe he just lets Civil go scot-free after wrecking all that havoc. I also don't recall when Lemmings entered the fray but like someone earlier mentioned, he used to be the most "dangerous guy" in the series but now he's like grunt-tier or whatever...

Overall I have mixed feelings about how this season/ending went....At the very least I'll miss the semi-catchy OP...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Dec 25, 2023 1:50 PM

Jan 2012
And so the battle ends with Corpse God victorious and peace restored, at least for now.

My thoughts on this one really haven't changed too much since the first half aired. It's a convoluted plot with waaay too many characters to keep track of, but it's a damn entertaining one. I gotta give it that. I continually want to see where we're going next, even if at times I get the sense that not even the author knows and whenever he/she hits a narrative wall he/she either makes up more characters to get around it or just uses Solitaire's bullshit plot hax. I'd absolutely watch more if we got it, solid 7/10, and Merry Christmas!
Dec 25, 2023 2:04 PM

Feb 2021
Good episode. It's time to read the manga then.
Dec 25, 2023 2:11 PM

Nov 2013
Man... I want more of this. Really entertaining series.
Dec 25, 2023 2:38 PM
Apr 2020
I guess it was good?
Mixed feelings maybe my expectations were too high.....

The reveal of riz having all the souls of his empire was pretty cool . Still lot of questions left let's see if it gets season 2
Dec 25, 2023 3:54 PM

Jun 2016
As a manga reader, I am completely satisfied, although I still insist that the yuri scene in the first season was so pathetically censored. There is not enough material yet for an adaptation for a second season, but in any case, the original is worth reading.
Dec 25, 2023 3:58 PM
Dec 2013
The ending seemed kinda rushed, like they just wanted to get right to the end of the arc already. Like someone else here said, this season was pretty much a season of My Little Pony where friendship conquers all and even strong enemies are nothing once the main cast realizes they are loved. The anime also got too sweet for the story it had.

I enjoyed watching, but definitely seems like it got swallowed by typical anime tropes and nice wrap-ups.
Dec 25, 2023 5:01 PM

Dec 2018
This show is too chaotic; way too many characters and plot lines to follow. Still, I liked it well enough but I'm still confused on a lot of things.
Dec 25, 2023 5:11 PM

Feb 2022
A good end to the season, a lot to take in.
Guess we're gonna have to wait a year or two for it to pick up again.
Dec 25, 2023 5:42 PM

Oct 2011
Unexpectedly good title!
Dec 25, 2023 7:33 PM
Dec 2021
amazing anime, enjoyed it a lot. Hope for another season.
Dec 25, 2023 8:23 PM
Apr 2023
Right finally is the good time to follow the story and pick up the source manga.
The background lore is important to make sense of what really is happening since S1, and unfortunately the anime did only a decent job of doing it (you'll eventually piece it together enough to make sense of it). Reading the manga from the start should help anyone appreciate everything even more.
This technically is just one season (split-cour) of 24 episodes. Not sure if there will be a 2nd season but as mentioned, it would be fun to follow up with the story through the manga.
Dec 25, 2023 9:26 PM
Jan 2020
dragon ball ah ending
Dec 25, 2023 11:24 PM

Feb 2022
It's a real shame they rushed this arc at the finish like this, these chapters felt way more badass reading them and very lacking here... which shouldn't be the case. This season really could have used a few more episodes to fit everything comfortably. I would definitely recommend if you like the show to check out the manga, sadly it's the better experience.
Dec 26, 2023 1:10 AM

Jul 2007
A bit disappointing, seemed rushed.
Dec 26, 2023 1:11 AM
Oct 2022
I am happy that my favorite manga got an adaptation and many people get to know about it. In case you want to continue the story with the manga, you can start with chapter 81. But personally I would suggest to go with chapter 73, which was the start of episode 23. It feels bad to say this but the anime rushed the final 2 episodes so much that some answers were left out of the adaptation, as well as some of Civil's monologue that would made Corpse God to come with his final decision about what to do with him.

Also remember to check out the side story bonus that came with each volume of the manga, which tells the story of the other world after Corpse God had left it behind. As you guys already knew, the story of DMDP is about 2 different worlds heavily intertwined, so you can expect there will be a lot of lore drops in this side story.

There is also a light novel and manga spin-off exclusively about our favorite Phantom Solitaire, but both of them haven't got an English translation yet.
Dec 26, 2023 1:25 AM

Jul 2020
same as in the 1st cour, too many characters whose intentions are unclear and who are hardly connected to the main storyline, makes it hard to follow sometimes
Dec 26, 2023 6:18 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to Abstudios07
@AnimeSrk like what?
@Abstudios07 Like what important role did majiri & her brother played, what sorimura achieved from all of these other than entertainment for him etc.
Dec 26, 2023 10:49 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
LAST episode of the season, full of tension, action and surprises....
....although I didn´t like how ended!!!

Irregular season!!!

5/10

kekeke
Dec 26, 2023 12:34 PM

Nov 2013
I want season 2 and more Lemmings screen time pleaseeeeeeeeee!!!!
Dec 27, 2023 12:01 AM

May 2019
This has been the most complicated and, at times, convoluted anime I've watched. I still mostly enjoyed it but I think I will need to re watch it to understand the storyline better. I may also read the manga at some point too. Btw I had almost forgotten about Lemmings until he was briefly shown here appearing to fight alongside Xiaoyu.

The ending was ok but it left the storyline open and I understand the manga is still ongoing so hopefully another season is announced when there's enough material for it. 7/10
Dec 27, 2023 1:31 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to phantomfandom
This anime seems to think that "friendship is magic" is a perfect answer for every complicated questions.

Lemmings used to be the biggest threat in season 1, but he's like a tier C, or even D in season 2, might even fall off the chart if it has season 3, this anime can't control its power creep anymore.
@phantomfandom Not really powercreep, Lemmings just never was that strong to begin with compared to bigger fish like Civil, the Emperor and Corpse God who come from a different world to begin with
Dec 27, 2023 6:10 AM
Sep 2017
I ain't gonna lie, I was really enjoying it, was planning on rating a 7/10 overall but what was with that forced happy-go-lucky ending...
It was just too forced.

Just the forced happy ending ruined it for me to a 6/10.

Come on Mangaka(s) be thorough...
Dec 27, 2023 8:25 AM

Jun 2016
s2 is so goood !!!

i really liked the ending of this season !!!
Dec 27, 2023 11:21 AM

Feb 2014
Finally it´s over xD This last episode was kinda underwhelming and some cringy moments between Corpse God and the King xD

The story is probably simple, but due to the anime characteristics it´s hard to follow/understand and some times I was wondering whether I was the one who was lost or author-san/studio-san xD I mean, over the time I got the gist of the story, but still....

Misaki scenes were obviously the best ones ;D
Some of the solitaire scenes specially funny xD

All in all, I didn´t have fun as much as I had with season 1, but it was a good/enjoyable anime that was able to me hooked on to know what would happen next.
7/10
TechOtakuDec 27, 2023 12:15 PM
Dec 28, 2023 2:06 AM

Jan 2013
This fight sucked hard. Not epic enough. Too short. Some character was shown for literally 10 seconds. The spider lady did nothing at all.
Some people like to shit on The Eminence in shadow. The fight in the last episode there was better in every way.
6/10. Bad anime production, but the source was probably good.
Dec 28, 2023 4:33 AM

Nov 2014
Pretty nice end. one thing I like about this series so far is that there are no clear bad guys and instead each group has just different goals.
Two character who got way too few screen time are Misaki and Lemmings. If there is q sequel i really hope to see more of them.
Nobody seems to talk about it: when bus turned into bats Misaki was surprised. Then we see Majiri, surrounded by bats, who also happens to know about dragon arm.
Dec 28, 2023 10:26 AM
Dec 2020
A little confusing at some points but still a 5/5 show
Dec 28, 2023 7:39 PM

Mar 2008
i really missed the cameo of Isaac Dian and Miria Harvent... but well we have Solitaire...
Dec 28, 2023 10:21 PM

Dec 2020
There was a very noticeable drop in quality in this episode but it wasn't too bad. I was able to hear a character voiced by Sakamoto Maaya so I'm satisfied.

Jan 1, 4:03 AM

Apr 2022
It's just a clusterfuck with basically nothing resolved. I can't believe I believed that by some miracle all these stupid sub-plots would make the least bit of sense in the end, but nooo...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion

AnimeSrk - Nov 20, 2023

25 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 6, 2023

31 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Embient - Dec 11, 2023

19 by deroiii »»
Mar 19, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion

AnimeSrk - Dec 18, 2023

29 by PrimeX »»
Mar 19, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2023

24 by PrimeX »»
Mar 19, 7:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.