Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2023 10:47 AM
May 2015
Peak characterization and development.
An absolutely astounding adaptation of one of the greatest manga arcs of all time.
Vinland Mondays are over, I am now depressed.
Jun 19, 2023 10:50 AM
May 2019
Hands down the best sequel season of any anime I have watched
Jun 19, 2023 10:53 AM

Jul 2014
Season 2 surpassed season 1 by ages. Great story , great character development, it was a fun journey seeing Thorfinn change to the man he is now, everyone thought this would be a farming saga but it turned out to be a masterpiece. Its been a while since I gave an anime a 10 but Vinland S2 deserves it. Actual masterpiece, cant wait for season 3
Jun 19, 2023 10:53 AM

Apr 2023
An amazing ending to an amazing anime, too bad that now mondays are gonna have to be just mondays again :((

Jun 19, 2023 10:55 AM
Jan 2023
What can be even said after this?

Only that, in my opinion(as a manga reader) this was one of the best season of television I have ever seen....
Jun 19, 2023 10:56 AM
Dec 2020
Welcome home part was so well done all kinds of emotion from happiness to Ylva one shotting.

Young Askeladd and thors were a pleasant surprise.

The growth of Thorfinn as character was so well portrayed. Kudos to Mappa for such an excellent adaptation hope to see more in the future as well.
Jun 19, 2023 10:57 AM
Apr 2018
9/10 finale, 11/10 season!
Jun 19, 2023 10:57 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Way better than the first season despite less deaths. This was more mature and brilliant in my opinion. Though didn't care much for Einar, being the crybaby he is.
The first season was just a boy killing people for way too many episodes but I'm not complaining. 
Kind off thinking about buying the manga as well. Does anyone know which volume this season ended with? So I can read them all and catch up before we might get a third season.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jun 19, 2023 10:59 AM
Jan 2017
It was a good season, with a decent end. That's all I have to say.
Jun 19, 2023 11:00 AM

Oct 2017
Embient said:
Warrior: 0 (with 100 hits)
Ylva: 1 (with 1 hit)

To be fair only one of the above has Thors' genes + Thorfinn was actively trying to dampen the impact of the punches in the first case.
(I know the scene was played to serve as comedic relief but it does make sense when you think about it.)
Jun 19, 2023 11:01 AM
Dec 2021
EVAMAAKU14 said:
sinnerNoWinner said:
Probably the most disappointing anime I have ever watched.
Won't watch season 3.
I'm done with this shit.

Why bother watching something you don't like for 48 episodes?

Loved it until s2 ep21 when the most stupid thing i have ever seen in a "serious" anime happened.
The human punching bag technique.

Jun 19, 2023 11:03 AM
Dec 2020
peak fiction every episode
Jun 19, 2023 11:05 AM

Jul 2019
Did not expected Thorfinn homecoming to be soon into anime.
Was very emotional great stuff.

And great season. Feel like a good moral story.

And now waiting for Season 3.
Jun 19, 2023 11:07 AM
Oct 2018
Hope we get 3rd season soon
Jun 19, 2023 11:07 AM
Jun 2022
i expected ntg less from the ending
it's a clean and a proper ending for season 2
i agree the starting of this season slow and without action but by the end my self is fully satisfied with the last 3 episodes and the dialogues which can't get out of my mind it's an good anime it's show me that every one have a good tomorrow if v first forgive our self and then ask others for forgiveness
for sure it's an awesome one that i never forget
Jun 19, 2023 11:08 AM

Sep 2020
Mappa please give us S3 as soon as possible 🙏
Jun 19, 2023 11:09 AM
Oct 2018
It was an amazing season, but i would have loved to see ylva and thorfinn, when she cuts his hair off. it was such a good conversation. Still beautiful tho
Jun 19, 2023 11:11 AM
Mar 2020
was the ending character with the sword a young Askeladd or is it a soon-to-be introduced character?
Jun 19, 2023 11:13 AM

Aug 2020
Peakland saga that was promised delivered big time. Manga readers for years kept hyping up Farmland arc and what an arc it was Storyline, Character development, OST, Whole theme setup everything top-notch.

A 10/10 anime season after more than year.
Jun 19, 2023 11:15 AM
May 2023
Yo was that Askeladd or maybe even Askeladd’s son at the end?
Jun 19, 2023 11:16 AM

Sep 2020
Arii78 said:
was the ending character with the sword a young Askeladd or is it a soon-to-be introduced character?
Soon to be introduced character.
Jun 19, 2023 11:20 AM

Jul 2022
Feels like a family union after 3 decades lost..

Jun 19, 2023 11:22 AM
Apr 2018
Azuchi said:
Way better than the first season despite less deaths. This was more mature and brilliant in my opinion. Though didn't care much for Einar, being the crybaby he is.
The first season was just a boy killing people for way too many episodes but I'm not complaining. 
Kind off thinking about buying the manga as well. Does anyone know which volume this season ended with? So I can read them all and catch up before we might get a third season.
This season ended on volume 7, so I would suggest reading volume 8 onwards.
Jun 19, 2023 11:24 AM
Mar 2019
The only ending of a season/show that made me feel completely at peace. Awesome from start to finish, i love that people still aspire to make works like this and im patiently waiting for season 3.
They created some really great moments that i will remember for a long time to come.
Jun 19, 2023 11:25 AM

Aug 2022
A fantastic second season. I have wanted more anime to take its time telling stories and not depend on flashbacks after a time skip. Letting the visual storytelling and music take command of scenes. With the appropriate pacing to let things unravel, something animes skip for the most part, making them feel soulless and weightless. Characters not depending on a burst of emotions to overcome trauma to never revisit it but struggling to find who they are, making them feel human instead of caricatures. Season 2 was far better than the first, but the latter served as context for the payoff, at least for me.

All the themes in this season come from a place of knowledge and understanding: the mental struggles, the hardship of progress, and the overcoming of disappointments. Its dissection certainly enhanced my experience. I can't wait to rewatch it all!
Jun 19, 2023 11:25 AM
Aug 2016
ZXEAN said:
Arii78 said:
Wait what?! I thought it was Askeladd!
Jun 19, 2023 11:26 AM
Oct 2008
THOR PUNCH! Ylva is truly daughter of Thors.
Jun 19, 2023 11:29 AM
Feb 2021
amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing
Jun 19, 2023 11:31 AM
Sep 2020
Koustubh said:
ZXEAN said:
It is a young Askeladd
Jun 19, 2023 11:33 AM

Sep 2020
Koustubh said:
ZXEAN said:
It can be. I read Vinland Saga long time ago can't remember every single detail.
Jun 19, 2023 11:34 AM
Aug 2016
Dentan11 said:
Koustubh said:
It is a young Askeladd
Wait, I am getting confused. You are saying it's young Askeladd, while @ZXEAN is saying it's a soon-to-be introduced new character. Which one is it? Sorry, I haven't read the manga so I have no idea who it is 😅 😅 😅

On a second look though, it does look like Askeladd, not sure though.
Jun 19, 2023 11:34 AM
Aug 2016
ZXEAN said:
Koustubh said:
It can be. I read Vinland Saga long time ago can't remember every single detail.
Oh, OK. I will assume that it's Askeladd then haha 😄
Jun 19, 2023 11:36 AM

Jan 2019
Koustubh said:
ZXEAN said:
Your assumption is right, that is Askeladd and he is young in this scene. He's laying a flower on his mother's grave.
Jun 19, 2023 11:43 AM
Aug 2016
Elucid said:
Koustubh said:
Your assumption is right, that is Askeladd and he is young in this scene. He's laying a flower on his mother's grave.
Got it. Thanks for the clarification!
Jun 19, 2023 11:44 AM
Feb 2021
Ylva is horrible in this episode. Was hoping they would skip most of it like they did with some other weaker comedic parts of the manga but I guess not.
Jun 19, 2023 11:45 AM
Jun 2021
Gogetar-12 said:
best anime of winter 2023!

correction. best anime of the year
Jun 19, 2023 11:50 AM

Sep 2014
10/10. Absolutely loved that adaptation. Thorfinn finally got home and reunited with his family. The perfect finale filled with many precious moments after all those heavy episodes we had previously.

Only major downside was episode 17. They really dedicated way too much time for Gardar and yet they skipped stuff from this episode. Thorfinn wondering how old he is, was never addressed again since they skipped the whole haircut scene with Ylva where this was discussed along with its funny moments.

Jun 19, 2023 11:52 AM
Mar 2020
ZXEAN said:
Arii78 said:

I was thinking of Askeladd since there was a present to past comparison between the characters, so thanks for the clarification
Jun 19, 2023 11:53 AM

Jun 2013
0451 said:

If I have to nitpick, the only episode that I didn't like as much as the others were episode 17 where Gardar died. It felt like the only episode that was stretched with a lot of repetition because the animators didn't have enough material to adapt. It could use some trimming.

It wasn't stretched out because the team didn't have enough material, they could have easily adapted two chapters for episode 17 instead of 1 chapter plus a lot of anime original content.
It's clear that it was a intentional creative choice to make the episode like this.
Jun 19, 2023 11:54 AM

Jul 2017
Enjoyed this final epsiode more than the rest of the episodes this season, with Thorfinn reuniting with his family members after many years (and seeing folks like Ylva married with kids now making me sort of nostalgic towards the first couple episodes). This season is not as boring as the first season since many pointless episodes were there that drained the life out of me, but the improvement is only marginal for me. Some good moments were there and the music continued to be stellar, but I just wasn't invested in the season as much as I would have hoped for. More invested than stuff in season 1 for the most part, but not truly invested enough to care for the themes and direction of Thorfinn's character by the end. I admire the different direction taken and the emphasis on Thorfinn's development this season, but struggled to really get myself into watching this as a whole. I have enjoyed plenty of seinen content but Vinland Saga's just not doing it for me anymore, anime nor manga. By no means one of the worst shows of the season though.
Jun 19, 2023 11:55 AM
Dec 2021
Embient said:
WHO'READY TO CRY
Thorfinn just realizing how much time he was away from his homeland and how old he is was funny lol
YLVA WHY LMAO. Is this the first time in Vinland Saga changed the artstyle for comedic effect? I love it, nice to see after everything everyone has been through.
And finally the reunion... (lmao Bug-Eyes) Very touching as expected. Thorfinn truly grew up to be a great man just like his dad.
12:44 "Gothi or goði was a position of political and social prominence in the Icelandic Commonwealth" - Wikipedia
LMAO I love Ylva
Warrior: 0 (with 100 hits)
Ylva: 1 (with 1 hit)
15:26 He's probably thinking "I hope they never experience the real thing"
That slave's grave from the start of the first episode of the first season... I love how they are bringing up older events too. And in the manga it's literally been 8+ years between the chapters with the slave(3,4) and the chapter adapted this episode (100, plus some scenes from later chapters) (btw I'm not a manga reader I only checked the chapters just now)
New characters? Just like at the end of season 1 they're showing them. Here's hoping for a season 3 someday
DAMN Thorfinn got a glow up at the end
Masterpiece. Absolute masterpiece. I'm sure I'll remember Vinland Saga and Thorfinn for the rest of my life.
100/10

Edit: The "new character" at the end actually may be Askeladd when he was young because they were showing other characters in the past too.
well, the hair color and body posture did hint to him. 
Jun 19, 2023 11:56 AM
Dec 2021

its been a while since I catched upto its manga, so I wanted to ask if the ending (the thors and thorfinn interaction) was anime canon? cuz it was so well made, made me cry
Jun 19, 2023 11:57 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
So freaking deep. It's rare to see a character development like Thorfinn's one. For me it's one of the best anime of the year so far, easy 9-10.
Jun 19, 2023 11:59 AM
Dec 2021
WVM said:
sinnerNoWinner said:
Won't watch season 3.
I'm done with this shit.

ofc this anime is for mature audience.....you definitely not....right??

refer to these threads:
i think you are the toddler that gets impressed with the most stupid plots a human mind can came up with.

You clearly lack critical thinking.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2100837
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2099692
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2098803
Jun 19, 2023 11:59 AM
May 2019
AlexGK said:
The show is a masterpiece.
But the lack of instant confirmation of next season probably means it has not been a huge hit in Japan. Will probably depend on the likes of Netflix to finance in that case, hence the delay, right?
The Animation director tweeted an image of season 3 style thorfinn saying "thorfinns journey will continue" and in the vinland saga logo it highlighted 3 lines to indicate season 3 so we will be eating good dw
Jun 19, 2023 12:01 PM

Sep 2018
One of the best manga adaptation out there, this season was fenomenal 
I keep moving forward
Jun 19, 2023 12:06 PM
Aug 2016
IXX said:
sinnerNoWinner said:
Won't watch season 3.
I'm done with this shit.
Genuine question, what did you expect after getting this far? You should already have known what kind of theme the anime was going for at the very start. "Disappointing" in what way? About the lack of action? Because I can't possibly think you'd be disappointed in the character development, so I'm curious to know. 
Apparently this person liked till Ep 21 of S2 and didn't like the rest because Thorfinn being the punching bag feels to unrealistic to him. That doesn't make sense to me tbh, but whatever, he is entitled to his opinion.
Jun 19, 2023 12:06 PM
Jan 2016
No tengo enemigos.
Jun 19, 2023 12:11 PM
Apr 2020
What an amazing adaptation totally justified author's work plus the anime original scenes were cherry on the cake
Jun 19, 2023 12:18 PM
Aug 2016
IXX said:
Koustubh said:
Apparently this person liked till Ep 21 of S2 and didn't like the rest because Thorfinn being the punching bag feels to unrealistic to him. That doesn't make sense to me tbh, but whatever, he is entitled to his opinion.
Ah yes, but Thorkell swinging around giant tree logs and throwing them across the ocean with enough strength to puncture a boat is realistic, or how about when he threw his spear across a battlefield, going through multiple people? No, better yet, on the literal fourth episode of the show, Thors beating a boatload of trained vikings with just his fists.. People love to nitpick. It's hilarious. 
Welp, it is what it is. Can't be helped. People are still gonna love season 2, that's for sure!
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Yesterday

31 by Natedog22 »»
57 minutes ago

» Would u like this?

DerpySven - Apr 21

26 by Spoopy69 »»
Apr 24, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

374 by flyswatter »»
Apr 21, 1:55 PM

» About Ketil...

th3sleeper - Apr 20

6 by BipulGamer07 »»
Apr 20, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Do you consider Vinland Saga a masterpiece?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 17

19 by MillerEvans23 »»
Apr 17, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.