Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Nov 5, 2023 2:35 AM
Oct 2020
the reunion was kinda cliché and didn't hit as hard as I wanted it to
Nov 6, 2023 2:28 AM

Jun 2017
That's Vinland Saga for you. It makes you feel an episode is way too short and you didn't realize you already finished one. I love it! The ending made me emotional as Thorfinn's mother recognized him. I thought Iceland would be a perfect place for them to finally settle actually. It's peaceful and no slavery in there. Well, Thorfinn is determined to build an ideal place with no slavery and war. I'm still not sure how he will accomplish that without fighting anyone. It's impossible! But we will see about that someday.

It was a wonderful journey. I enjoyed it pretty much. S2 made me cry a lot of times but in a good way! It means it reached my heart. I can't wait for season 3!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Nov 18, 2023 11:15 PM

Feb 2010
I love JJK as much as the next guy but this is easily the best anime of 2023.
Nov 20, 2023 6:44 AM

Jun 2022
I can't describe how much I liked this season, I don´t care if there wasn´t so much action, this season was absolutely brilliant and beautiful in every way, what a masterpiece!!!! One of the best seasons I have seen from an anime so far. I didn't like Thorfinn at all in the first season, but now he has become one of my favorite characters, that was an amazing character development!!! Absolutely love Vinland Saga ^^

Dec 3, 2023 2:44 AM
Jan 2021
Absolutely insane anime. Slow at first but incredibly rewarding.
Dec 6, 2023 9:13 AM
Dec 2012
Com base na primeira temporada essa teve o texto mais arrastado e com isso enfadonho deixando a narrativa cansativa além de previsível
Dec 9, 2023 10:33 AM
Jan 2021
It keeps getting better, obviously had less action and suspense but the drama was great the character arc makes ALA look childish.
Dec 10, 2023 7:53 PM
Oct 2019
I always thought that no other Anime could come close to FMAB and HXH, but Vinland Saga has really bridged that gap. Albeit I gave it a 9/10, this was easily the closest to a 10, other than Clannad AS. What an amazing piece of narrative, continuation is very welcome, but honestly they can end it here and it will go down as one of the greatest to ever air.
Dec 27, 2023 4:53 PM
Jan 2020
garbage compared to season 1
Jan 3, 7:16 AM
Nov 2016
I just flat out didn't like the path the anime took.
Jan 4, 9:46 AM
Jan 2016
Reply to japanthor
I haven't seen a show drop off this hard since 7 deadly sins. Like the main character just all the sudden becomes a pacifist???? I liked this show for the action, not as a slice of life.
@japanthor Drop off? The 2nd season was even better than the 1st....
breaker_notJan 4, 10:01 AM
Jan 4, 12:18 PM
Mar 2018
Reply to breaker_not
@japanthor Drop off? The 2nd season was even better than the 1st....
@breaker_not yeah man I just didn't like how it completely changed pace like that.
Jan 5, 2:01 AM
Jan 2024
I'm just sad that we will probably never get an anime as good as this in our era again.

This anime has set the standards in the anime industry too high, nobody will think of ever competing with it.

This is not an anime, it's a once in a lifetime rare MASTERPIECE created by man.
Jan 5, 5:01 AM
Jun 2017
best anime out there
Jan 7, 2:13 AM

Jun 2011
Ylva is hella cool.

Hopefully we're getting a 3rd or even 4th season of this show. I am not fond of Thorfinn not raising his hands at all, even his dad Thors had to fight when he had to, he just had a no-kill policy. I am cool with a no-kill policy but to not even fight when your friends are threatened doesn't feel right to me. We'll see how Thorfinn handles future predicaments that may involve the safety of his people, maybe he could even surpass his dad in becoming a true warrior.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 14, 12:15 AM
Oct 2022
i relly likrt fun hbjhlj;l
Jan 15, 3:31 AM

Apr 2013
Thorfinn looks a lot like Canute now, guess a lot of people only look different because of beard and hair in this show.

While this season had a different feeling than the first one, my enjoyment was similar. In the beginning was pretty boring, got a bit better until the end though. Still overrated in my view though. 5/10
Jan 17, 2:40 AM
Jan 2021
I have no enemeies
Jan 27, 11:39 AM
Feb 2023
more violence plz
Jan 28, 10:24 AM
Aug 2021
A cathartic end to such a roller-coaster of a season
Jan 30, 9:19 AM
Jan 2021
best thing ive ever seen.
Feb 1, 8:53 PM

Dec 2021
Look Evangelion fans, now this is what you call an amazing psychological anime.

10/10 masterpiece
Feb 2, 4:29 AM
Nov 2020
a liltle bit boring but wonderful
Feb 7, 3:34 AM
Sep 2023
The best I've had the pleasure of experiencing
Feb 16, 5:33 PM
Oct 2021
changed my life!!
Feb 27, 12:54 PM
Feb 2023
It was marvellous series , i watched ... looking forward to read the manga and got very much interested in Viking History through the anime
Feb 27, 8:13 PM
Nov 2023
nah loco, lo mejor que vi en 2023
Mar 15, 1:26 AM

Mar 2016
This episode is the perfect season finale for Vinland Saga S2! At long last, Thorfinn has finally returned home to reunite with his mother and sister. From here on out is the expedition to attain funds and then the actual journey to Vinland itself.

I know I am a year late to watch this 2nd season, but I can't help it. The memories of reading the manga are still fresh. However, after watching this second-season adaptation, I am in awe, truly... I mean The first season was an awesome, amazing adaptation, but somehow the 2nd season is even better. Since there are fewer fighting sequences the animation is more polished for those few fights and the visuals are so fucking crisp. If you take a moment to pause during the many shots, the lighting effects for the scenes are so magnificent it's as if they got RTX and used it in this adaptation. And then there is the sound composition. The sound effects are spot on, and the OSTs along with the OPs and EDs are absolutely top-notch. Each and every single episode felt like a proper movie, the orchestra of instruments is so impactful and excellent. But more than the quality of the sound composition is the SELECTION AND TIMING of it. The direction of the show made perfect use of when and where to use specific OSTs and the lack thereof for certain scenes.

Going into Vinland Saga 2nd season, I already knew the story from the manga, so I expected myself to refresh my mind and relish the character development Thorfinn went through as a slave. Yet more than that, I was met with far higher levels of quality than I expected, so much so that I felt as though I was watching this story for the first time all over again. Well done!

The journey is still long for Thorfinn, he has been born anew but his path of redemption for his sins has yet to even begun. I hope the 3rd season is coming, Peakland Saga must live on!
Mar 19, 3:16 AM
Jul 2019
❤💀💀💀❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Mar 20, 8:20 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
deg said:
if this show does not get another season its fine to end it here since its a decent open ending

Yep, you got that right! And what a fantastic last episode this was! This whole series was fantastic and beautiful! And that family reunion was a very beautiful scene indeed! And also Ylva’s “handling” of Thorfinn which really did crack me up. (though not the best idea to punch him considering the fact that he had to face 100 punches a couple episodes back)

Whether there is an S3 or not, this is been a fantastic series! 10/10
Cosplay_JoeMar 20, 9:12 PM
Mar 23, 8:36 AM

Jan 2018
That last montage showing the various characters in the very beginning of their own journeys, ending with Thorfinn's present and also beginning of his, might be my favourite scene in the whole season. Powerful stuff.

9.9/10
Mar 27, 7:30 AM

Nov 2014
Compared to first season, this was pretty weak imo. It's still really good anime, don't get me wrong. But Thorfinn going from annoying brat to annoying buddish monk didn't change much, and without Askeladd and action scenes, the story itself wasn't good enough to carry it. Now that I think about it... barely anything happened in 24 episodes. Usually I'd be the last person to complain about slow pace, but damn, I'm disappointed in this case.
Mar 27, 6:30 PM
Apr 2022
best anime i ever watched
Apr 3, 12:38 AM
Dec 2022
It was really good
Apr 3, 9:16 AM
Mar 2024
what a season! definitely one of if not the best animes I have ever seen
Apr 22, 10:00 PM
Nov 2019
Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing
Apr 26, 9:00 PM
Jul 2019
That is awesome he got to reunited with his family and see his mom and sister again as well villagers/old friends. I hope see more to this story.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Yesterday

28 by kyleshoe02 »»
3 hours ago

» Would u like this?

DerpySven - Apr 21

26 by Spoopy69 »»
Apr 24, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

374 by flyswatter »»
Apr 21, 1:55 PM

» About Ketil...

th3sleeper - Apr 20

6 by BipulGamer07 »»
Apr 20, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Do you consider Vinland Saga a masterpiece?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 17

19 by MillerEvans23 »»
Apr 17, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.