Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 31, 2023 1:51 AM
Aug 2022
@ogking31 so what lol? Thorfinn just came to talk to canute as a messenger, he showed no intention to fight and like I said a fucking billion times by now, vikings never back down from a fight, it goes against their ideology. Yeah keep on defending this punching bag shit, I'm done with you
May 31, 2023 1:54 AM
Jan 2023
@Sagenaker11 

Of course he didn't he didn't want to resort to violence... 
And yes Vikings don't back down to a fight, but I hope u realize your dumb proposal would lead to: Other vikings stepping up to help Drott. Why? they are the guards of Canute and won't let him see him no matter what. 

So telling thorfinn to use violence in one man is literally OUT OF character AND it makes no sense. 
May 31, 2023 1:55 AM
Nov 2016
ogking31 said:
You can't name that in vinland saga, because they ACT human.

The characters in Vinland Saga are basically a one-man army, the very 1st episode of S1 has super-powered characters that can fight an army by themselves and survive, because they "ACT human" my ass.

Does Steins;Gate has inconsistency and plot holes? yes it does, it's normal for an anime to have plot holes and this obviously include time-traveling stories but who fucking cares? you see, as a Steins;Gate fan, I recognize the issues of that anime but I still love that anime and it's the best thing I've watched.

You on the other hand are a Vinland Saga brown noser that thinks this anime is perfect and it's the 2nd coming of Jesus.
May 31, 2023 1:58 AM
Jan 2023
xZabuzax said:
The characters in Vinland Saga are basically a one-man army, the very 1st episode of S1 has super-powered characters that can fight an army by themselves and survive, because they "ACT human" my ass.

Does Steins;Gate has inconsistency and plot holes? yes it does, it's normal for an anime to have plot holes and this obviously include time-traveling stories but who fucking cares? you see, as a Steins;Gate fan, I recognize the issues of that anime but I still love that anime and it's the best thing I've watched.

You on the other hand are a Vinland Saga brown noser that thinks this anime is perfect and it's the 2nd coming of Jesus.
There's a difference between exaggeration AND actual having super powers. When I say they act as a human, I mean their progression AND their own logical thinking. Not some power scaling shit that you're trying to provide in which it's an exaggeration because that's the point. 

xZabuzax said:
The fact you admitted to such shitty writing about plot holes and inconsistency PROVES how dumb your critique is of vinland when it MAKES no sense, and you're providing ANOTHER narrative that doesn't fit the story. 

Meanwhile Vinland saga, you CAN NEVER see the plot holes in it because it's consistent. 
May 31, 2023 2:02 AM
Mar 2023
@Sagenaker11

Better than trying to achieve the Idea of freedom and then later realising it doesn't exist and then reincarnating into a bird cryin.
May 31, 2023 2:08 AM
Nov 2016
ogking31 said:
The fact you admitted to such shitty writing about plot holes and inconsistency PROVES how dumb your critique is of vinland when it MAKES no sense, and you're providing ANOTHER narrative that doesn't fit the story. 

Meanwhile Vinland saga, you CAN NEVER see the plot holes in it because it's consistent. 

For the record, an anime can have inconsistency and plot holes, does that automatically make the anime bad? no you dumbass, and the same can be said otherwise, an anime may not have inconsistency or plot holes but the anime can still be shit. Is Vinland Saga shit? no, can things be better in it? absolutely, how can it be better? simple, the author can make Thorfinn a fucking interesting character, that's a start but you being the Vinland Saga ass-kisser like you are, you will simply praise every single shit in it.

In short, I don't give a rats ass if Vinland Saga doesn't have plot holes, I only care about my enjoyment with the anime and Steins;Gate was awesome and I enjoyed it. Am I enjoying Vinland Saga? I sure am, but it has some shitty moments in there too and Thorfinn is one of them but what would you know? you are just a brown noser.
xZabuzaxMay 31, 2023 4:31 AM
May 31, 2023 2:14 AM
Aug 2022
@ogking31 do you even know the meaning of fair fight? why the fuck would other Vikings help drott? It's a BET you moron.

I'm sorry dude but vinland saga s2 is huge step down from s1, its 7/ 10 at best and thorfinn is now officially the most boring overrated dumb protagonist out there.

"Farmlandsaga is peak" MY ASS, all we got was a laughable protagonist and fucking CUCKnar compared to charismatic characters like askellad from s1. What's crazy is that I actually defended this show during entire cour 1 thinking there would be payoff

Vinland saga is once again a solid reminder of NEVER TRUST THE FUCKING MANGA READERS
May 31, 2023 2:24 AM
Jul 2014
@xZabuzax I love how your only comeback is "Duh u lyk anime I don't so ur dum lel".

Grow up, kid.
May 31, 2023 2:24 AM
Aug 2022
@Ayanokamisama let me guess? Your 69th account? Anyway I'm glad a loyal dog like you is always behind my back, keep it up and I might just reward you pup
May 31, 2023 2:33 AM
Nov 2016
Damolisher said:
@xZabuzax I love how your only comeback is "Duh u lyk anime I don't so ur dum lel".

Grow up, kid.

If you think that's my only comeback from the whole conversation then you need to learn how to read.

The sweet irony, you still have lots of growing up to do, don't worry, you will get there eventually.
May 31, 2023 2:37 AM
Jul 2014
@xZabuzax Bro, your list is locked because you're scared of getting the same shit back. Sit down and cry more. Maybe you don't like the show because you have them Thorfinn PTSD dreams about season 2.
May 31, 2023 2:41 AM
Nov 2016
Damolisher said:
@xZabuzax Bro, your list is locked because you're scared of getting the same shit back. Sit down and cry more. Maybe you don't like the show because you have them Thorfinn PTSD dreams about season 2.

My list is blocked because it's none of your goddamn business.

And who said I don't like Vinland Saga? I praise the things that needs to be praised and I shit on the things I don't like, simple, I have this season rated a 8/10 actually because it's a nice season but that doesn't mean I will praise every single shit in it. I am disliking Thorfinn's bullshitery and at this rate, I may end up giving this season a 7/10 by the end of it.
May 31, 2023 6:56 AM

May 2020
Olmar really delivered some fire lines, admitting he's scared in front of others, showing understanding that true strength and courage is often not to fight and in the end owning up to his responsibilities saying "it's because I started it all, that I want to end it"
The death of a man is a horrible thing; the death of a million is statistics.
May 31, 2023 8:07 AM
Oct 2022
Peak , everything was absolute peak
May 31, 2023 11:36 AM
Jun 2017
@Sagenaker11 How does negotiating for a one on one duel make any sense with Thorfinn's character though? Thorfinn has been looking for ways to solve things without violence lol, not sure if you have been watching. Its a pretty simple plot.
May 31, 2023 11:40 AM
Nov 2022
another good ep, olmar's transformation is something to watch out for man
May 31, 2023 2:06 PM
Jul 2016
I forgot how goddamn short Thorfinn is. Short king lmao šŸ¤£
May 31, 2023 7:22 PM
Aug 2022
@fatdoobies33 and I've said a million times in this same thread that it's still better than being a punch bag. You can't be a full on pacifist in viking era. Do you think thors would have done the same thing? He would've definitely done something better than being a punch bag
May 31, 2023 8:35 PM
Jun 2017
@Sagenaker11 The man has been hit 1000s of times lol and Thorfinn has a solution just be patient lmao. Who's to say he is just going to let himself be beat relentlessly next episode? Have you read the manga? Thorfinn also acknowledges he can't be a pacifist in the viking era, which is why he is running away to Vinland, free from vikings.
May 31, 2023 10:00 PM
Aug 2022
@fatdoobies33 I don't remember thorfinn getting smashed 1000 times continuously and surviving and there's no way he would survive multiple blows from a well built viking considering thorfinn physique.

I mean this is the same show were fanboys take pride in being more "mature" and "realistic" compared to shonen counterparts.

If thorfinn acknowledges that pacifism is not the right choice then why is he acting like a dumb cunt? Thorfinn should be more like thors and at times cunning like askellad, not a pussy pacifist.

And lastly it's a anime, not a fucking philosophy class. The author should send message via sensible action and storytelling, not by deepthroating " violence bad peace goood" Shit by MC every 2 sec when he opens his mouth.

Look vinland saga s2 is not bad by any means, it's just basic shit with boring MC. Fell of hard compared to s1
May 31, 2023 10:45 PM

Sep 2015
Alright, I am anticipating what happens next episode.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 1, 2023 4:42 AM
Jun 2017
@Sagenaker11 Like I said, who is to say he is just going to be tanking those blows from this "well built viking"? You are getting upset about the solution to a scene that hasn't even occurred yet, is that not weird? You're sitting here like "it's so unrealistic that he took 100 blows from that guy, he would have brain damage" but it hasn't even happened yet. 

And responding to Thorfinn's acknowledgement that pacifism doesn't work with "whys he acting like a dumb cunt then?" just shows me you missed the entire point of the story, and that you're just being childish. Being upset about a philosophical MC being "basic" while begging for an MC who just fights to solve everything is pretty laughable lol.
Jun 1, 2023 7:56 AM
šŸ„Š CHAMPION šŸ„Š

Apr 2016
weak episode, transition just!!!

Well, Canuto knew at Thorfin perfectly!!! kekeke
Jun 1, 2023 7:57 AM
šŸ„Š CHAMPION šŸ„Š

Apr 2016
I think they will stopped!!! kekeke
Jun 1, 2023 7:57 AM
šŸ„Š CHAMPION šŸ„Š

Apr 2016
Transition episode just!!! kekeke
Jun 1, 2023 7:58 AM
šŸ„Š CHAMPION šŸ„Š

Apr 2016
To me ni those 5 minutes!!! kekeke
Jun 1, 2023 7:58 AM
šŸ„Š CHAMPION šŸ„Š

Apr 2016
The afraid is his point!!! kekeke
Jun 1, 2023 7:59 AM
šŸ„Š CHAMPION šŸ„Š

Apr 2016
Be careful with the lenguage!!! kekeke
Jun 1, 2023 8:00 AM
šŸ„Š CHAMPION šŸ„Š

Apr 2016
I am with you yeeshu!!! ;)

kekeke
Jun 1, 2023 4:46 PM
Jan 2021
it was a masterpiece
Jun 1, 2023 9:25 PM
Jul 2019
Bro that scene with Omar seeing all the injured soldiers and breaking down crying was really powerful and I loved that he made the decision to surrender and took responsibility for everything he did. I really hope everything goes well and he can be a better person in the future.

Now in the next episode Thorfinn has to endure 100 punches to see Canute and we'll finally get to see that scene from the manga everyone keeps talking about.

Mr_Eccentric777Jan 22, 12:15 AM
Jun 1, 2023 9:42 PM
Jul 2020
About damn time. 

Next episode will be the best of the season hopefully. It has been a very long season.
Jun 2, 2023 8:07 AM

Oct 2008
oh man! we all know that huge@$$ Bear Killer is just a child's play against Thorfinn and killing that big@$$ is just like a fly to him but of course he prefer the hard way! i hope that trick on being hit be somewhat useful!
FRIGGIN' CLIFFHANGER is the only bad thing on this episode! lolz!
5/5.

Jun 2, 2023 9:08 AM
Apr 2023
Gavinyeet said:
crimson_dread said:
Disappointing episode,I was excited for conversation with Canute but it feels they are just dragging out. The entire episode is just olmar crying and thorffin getting punched and having an idealistic pacifist monologue. And idk what type of emotions you all are feeling but it's just not getting to me with this season. I felt nothing neither for gardar nor his wife (forgot her name). The peak of the season was thorffins awakening and snakes fight which put thorfins overly idealistic stance to test. Aside from the beautiful art and parallels between thoriffin and Canute this season hasn't been all that. It feels tediously slow at times. I'll still give it a 7 simply because I love vinland and thorffins character development but I'm begging to ask myself a question. Is thorffin becoming a bit too idealistic and naive?
to be fair you’re a AOTard so you wouldn’t know what good writing is
AoT is definition of good writing. Vinland saga author should have taken notes on how to balance slow build up with rewarding high intensity moments which is exactly what AoT did. Vinland Saga is one of my favorite Japanese stories but it doesn't hold a candle to AoT in many aspects. I gave you a valid criticism and all you could do is insult. Isn't one of the main themes of vinalnd "not having enemies" well vinland must be poorly written since you are not applying it's main message in real life šŸ˜‰
Jun 2, 2023 9:16 AM
Apr 2023
Gavinyeet said:
crimson_dread said:
Disappointing episode,I was excited for conversation with Canute but it feels they are just dragging out. The entire episode is just olmar crying and thorffin getting punched and having an idealistic pacifist monologue. And idk what type of emotions you all are feeling but it's just not getting to me with this season. I felt nothing neither for gardar nor his wife (forgot her name). The peak of the season was thorffins awakening and snakes fight which put thorfins overly idealistic stance to test. Aside from the beautiful art and parallels between thoriffin and Canute this season hasn't been all that. It feels tediously slow at times. I'll still give it a 7 simply because I love vinland and thorffins character development but I'm begging to ask myself a question. Is thorffin becoming a bit too idealistic and naive?
It's also funny that this is coming from pedogatari fan and a chainsawmanTard. 2 horribly written shows relying on shock value, literally made for 30 year old incels that never had a romantic relationship in their life. You got a lot of confidence with that horrible taste.
Jun 2, 2023 12:12 PM

Jul 2017
King Canute has claimed victory over Ketil's rag-tag forces, and Arnheid's death hits Einar and Thorfinn hard.

Olmar coming back to find total devastation, and he's feeling overwhelmed to the point that he puked. Even Snake feels the pinch from Thorgil's mother, but so as long as he's still living, he can face Canute's men to no end. The only exception being Olmar, being so high and mighty, only now to face the perils of his consequences, but even as a Norse man, he didn't feel like he's done enough to defend his honour. It's this move that calls him to surrender to King Canute, which Thorgil goes to handle things his way.

Thorfinn running towards Canute's camp to see King Canute, and instead, he gets punched endlessly by Drott thinking that he's not gentle to Thorfinn. Upon Canute listening to his name, he feels no need to entertain him, while Drott handles the beat-down with Einar coming to his aid. Instead, the bet with talking to Canute on the bet of his life with no fewer than 10 hits, he's willing to take 10 times that, not jusyt for Ketil's liberty.

Drott the Bear Killer, x100 on blows vs. Thorfinn, it's an endurance to the death or not.
Jun 3, 2023 6:23 AM

Nov 2012
I feel like Thorgil is defo gonna try some shit lol, also Canute is a bitch idc, never liked him since he was first introduced. Floki deserves his day too, it's just a shame Thorfinn is no longer in the place to dish out their judgements.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 3, 2023 10:35 AM

May 2015
Looks like girls father was...disarmed!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 3, 2023 10:35 AM
Jan 2018
Honestly, I’m relieved the young master decided. Ketil is in no way able-minded and it takes true courage
Jun 3, 2023 10:56 AM

Jul 2015
A Pretty Good Episode.

Olmar has matured.A good character development.Seems like Thorfinn will meet Canute next episode.

Jun 3, 2023 4:46 PM
Dec 2022
It was peak fiction next episode is gonna be 100 times better
Jun 3, 2023 9:29 PM
Jul 2021
crimson_dread said:
Gavinyeet said:
It's also funny that this is coming from pedogatari fan and a chainsawmanTard. 2 horribly written shows relying on shock value, literally made for 30 year old incels that never had a romantic relationship in their life. You got a lot of confidence with that horrible taste.
no I don’t want that!!
Jun 3, 2023 10:40 PM
Feb 2023
Gavinyeet said:
crimson_dread said:
no I don’t want that!!
simpsawman getting s2? i want mappa to forget about that shit abomination for 10 years atleast!!
Jun 4, 2023 4:48 AM
Apr 2023
csmfan069 said:
Gavinyeet said:
no I don’t want that!!
simpsawman getting s2? i want mappa to forget about that shit abomination for 10 years atleast!!
csmfan069 said:
Gavinyeet said:
no I don’t want that!!
lmaoo at least you are aware of your bad taste šŸ¤£
Jun 4, 2023 4:52 AM
Apr 2023
Gavinyeet said:
crimson_dread said:
no I don’t want that!!
It's funny how you didn't even understand that it wasn't actual eren saying that rather it was him manipulating armins memories so he can still be the same eren he always knew in his eyes. AoT haters truly can't understand ambiguity and genius of AoT. I don't blame you, not everyone is smart, some people just have to watch simple shows like monster and vinland saga. Good shows tho.
Jun 4, 2023 11:33 AM
Jan 2021
hopefully the next episode thorfin finally shows everyone his true skills... i just really want to see some action. 
Jun 5, 2023 3:29 AM
Jan 2016
crimson_dread said:
Gavinyeet said:
no I don’t want that!!
It's funny how you didn't even understand that it wasn't actual eren saying that rather it was him manipulating armins memories so he can still be the same eren he always knew in his eyes. AoT haters truly can't understand ambiguity and genius of AoT. I don't blame you, not everyone is smart, some people just have to watch simple shows like monster and vinland saga. Good shows tho.
Now this is how you know an anime is great... When you need to get a PhD in AoT Theory just to be able to understand whats going on. Truly head and shoulders above everything else...

If you don't mind me asking. Why do you feel the need to go on another anime's forum just to insult the intelligence of everyone who likes it?
breaker_notJun 5, 2023 3:40 AM
Jun 5, 2023 4:01 AM
Jan 2016
go1d1eaf said:
hopefully the next episode thorfin finally shows everyone his true skills... i just really want to see some action. 
Why do so many people want Thorfinn to risk his life for Ketil? lol
Him and his lot are all horrible people and Thorfinn owes them nothing...
Jun 5, 2023 4:52 AM

Feb 2019
go1d1eaf said:
I wouldn't get too excited about it if I was in your place. Thorfinn shows the opposite of what everyone else expect him to show.

Jun 5, 2023 5:09 AM
Jan 2021
Andromeda567 said:
go1d1eaf said:
I wouldn't get too excited about it if I was in your place. Thorfinn shows the opposite of what everyone else expect him to show.

to be honest I do enjoy the farm life thorfin has currently
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2023

138 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Poll: » we getting that award fr ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 23

53 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 12, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

370 by ebobota »»
May 10, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

488 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:09 AM

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Apr 27

45 by LargeSkittle »»
May 6, 10:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.