Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 26, 2023 10:52 PM

Sep 2018
Einar has to be the most forgettable, lame character ever. Been a nuisance for 20 straight episodes and a simple plot device for developing Thorfinn's humanity (even then, Thorfinn was already a changed man when they met, so the huge time skip did half of his work for him lol). Other than that, all we got was shitty unrequited love and him acting like a clown. Hope he gets killed off soon.

Arnheid was a great example of a tragic character though, wonderful addition to Vinland Saga and sad to see her go.
May 27, 2023 4:10 AM

Aug 2021
Had me crying throughout the 2nd half this ep ;----;
May 27, 2023 7:24 AM
Oct 2007
Vinland saga episodes always hit so hard even though we are not in an era of war and slaves (not literally at least).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2023 10:18 AM
May 2023
Its called peakland saga for a reason
May 27, 2023 1:02 PM

May 2015
Simpnar got what he deserved for last 10+ episodes.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 29, 2023 4:52 AM
Oct 2021
is the fight between badger and that one jomsviking rotoscoped? I was surprised on how smooth the jomsviking moved when he taunted lol
May 29, 2023 8:58 AM

Sep 2020
He almost succeeded but stopped the the soldiers around him, Thorfinn decided to talk to him and end it all, really looking forward to it how it goes.
May 29, 2023 9:11 AM
Aug 2021
W episode fr one of the best s2 episodes
May 29, 2023 9:38 AM

Oct 2013
Peak. Peak. Peak. Peak. Peak. Peak.

PEAK.
May 31, 2023 5:09 PM

Aug 2020
4/5

Wow!!! I must sound like a broken record by now but another brilliant episode to add to the bag. Some of the shot compositions had me in awe the whole 20 odd minutes

The starting sequence had some of the most fluid animation in season 2 so far. The frantic shaky cam with some outstanding choreography and movement was a visual treat. Oh and the gore.... Mappa knows how to go hardcore in the gore department for sure. Everybody is slave to something and it was core running theme this episode. Thorgil did manage to sneak in and man-handle Canute but was obstructed by one of Canute's guard. The man had his eye popped off by thorgil but he still kept going at him until Thorgil just kinda gave up and left abruptly. LOL, I felt this was too anti-climatic and unresolved and remains my major nit-pick from this episode

I did not expect Arnhed to pass away. It came suddenly so i wasn't as emotional but the whole section was perfectly executed with much needed gloomy atmosphere & compositions. Thorfinn gives another Vinland speech trying to to calm Einar down who is livid after seeing Kettil. Thorfinn does manage to calm his partner and is off to see Canute. He has definitely grown from the hollow man he was at the beginning of the this season.

I feel like the time is right for a Canute & Thorfinn reunion. It would be a good note to end the season on. Still 4 episodes to go and I really don't know how season 2 will wrap up and im pretty excited for that~~
Jun 1, 2023 12:54 PM
Jun 2023
I think Arnheid's death was a bit unnecessary and was only done to add to the misery. Also Thorfinn for some reason only said anything about Vinland after she was dead. I was a bit disappointed or maybe that's just my personal Arnheid bias coming in.
Jun 2, 2023 11:59 AM
Jun 2023
best anime i watched
Jun 5, 2023 12:58 PM
May 2020
damn, rest in peace arnheid
Jun 6, 2023 3:33 AM
Sep 2016
i missed that feeling..... WOW
Jun 7, 2023 4:53 AM

Oct 2022
Arnheid was a great example of a tragic character and met with her demise as well, losing her child and husband , leaving her with nothing to live for.

RIP Arnheid!
Jun 7, 2023 5:49 AM
Jan 2021
Another God tier episode with some more chills down my spine. Perfect finish to Einar's and Arnheid's character arcs.
Jun 7, 2023 9:16 AM
Aug 2013
Damn, poor Arnaive... the girl could not catch a break. King barely got out alive.

Jun 7, 2023 4:09 PM
Jun 2013
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Einar has to be the most forgettable, lame character ever. Been a nuisance for 20 straight episodes and a simple plot device for developing Thorfinn's humanity (even then, Thorfinn was already a changed man when they met, so the huge time skip did half of his work for him lol). Other than that, all we got was shitty unrequited love and him acting like a clown. Hope he gets killed off soon.

Arnheid was a great example of a tragic character though, wonderful addition to Vinland Saga and sad to see her go. 
I mostly agree. I think he does have a function outside of being a plot device, namely being of the starting members of the society/nation Thorfinn wants to start in Vinland. 
Jun 7, 2023 4:10 PM
Jun 2013
ARafay710 said:
I think Arnheid's death was a bit unnecessary and was only done to add to the misery. Also Thorfinn for some reason only said anything about Vinland after she was dead. I was a bit disappointed or maybe that's just my personal Arnheid bias coming in.
I was also disappointed. I couldn't believe he didn't immediately talk about Vinland when she asked where they were gonna go. 
Jun 7, 2023 4:14 PM
Jun 2013
FrozenRaider said:
Simpnar got what he deserved for last 10+ episodes.
Harsh, but true. This man simped for a married woman spending every night at Ketil's house. He was not even thought of in that way; she didn't acknowledge him romantically for a nanosecond. 
Jun 8, 2023 11:22 AM

Mar 2016
Man this was a heavy episode. Arnheid's final words honestly really hit me. She's been hanging on despite not having much left, but now that that last piece that she was holding onto was taken, the unborn child, being forced to continue on in a world that only continues to be brutal and cruel. She only had one thing to do left and that was thank Einar and Thorfinn. Einar's anger and rage are very palpable and understandable. Ketil is the cause of this pain because he had to go so far. Thorfinn held him back because he understands that Einar killing Ketil will do nothing for him. I really love Thorfinn's development as he's really come so far. And the characterization of the others is so brilliant. I loved this episode despite the pain it brought me. 
Sometimes simplicity is greater than complexity
Jun 8, 2023 11:32 PM
Jun 2023
i love it soo fucking much
Jun 9, 2023 6:00 AM

Jul 2021
First off, props to Arnheid's VA. The wagon scene left me emotionally overwhelmed, surpassing any other show I have ever watched. It encapsulated a series of moments that tugged at my heartstrings. Einar's heartfelt confession of love for Arnheid, delivered with heartbreaking timing that arrived too late to make a difference. Thorfinn, mirroring the actions and words of his late father, Thors, as the series began, while Leif observed him intently, grasping the weight of this emotional homage. Thorfinn resorting to violence in an effort to prevent Einar from following in his footsteps, their shared tears becoming the only solace left for them. The impact of Arnheid's final words was particularly devastating. She expressed her inquiries about life, reminiscent of Thorfinn's own introspection after encountering Snake. However, unlike Thorfinn, who initially sought answers within himself and later found his resolve, Arnheid already possessed her answer, leading her down a different path, one towards the realm of eternity.In a moment of heartrending significance, Leif reassured Thorfinn that he would bring him back this time, underscoring the profound sense of loss and longing in their relationship.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 9, 2023 4:43 PM

Jul 2019
Peakland Saga                                
Jun 15, 2023 8:16 PM
Jul 2021
Gardars death was sadder
Jun 17, 2023 10:43 PM

Oct 2013
Sad reality how battles between mere armed peasants and experienced elite warriors looked like. Again, accurate depiction of such things looked like back then. Few trained warriors meant nothing, because most of forces consisted of poorly trained and equipped people who had minimal warfare experience at best. Sadly, most of them had no battle experience at all.

Thorgil's charge was interesting. He almost managed to reach his objective. I'm glad there was no asspull like Canute defeating him in a duel or with the help of miraculously retreated guardsmen. Instead, the only thing he managed to pull off was to partially block Thorgil's mighty attack. Partially, because he lost his sword in the process and his hand became useless against such an opponent. But at least he survived, eh? ;)

Ehh, so Arnheid and her unborn child died after Ketil has severely beaten them up. :( Very sad scene. I felt bad mostly for Einar. Cuckoltry or not, he was on his way of finding happiness. I guess something one could call as "Gayland Saga" with him and Thorfinn forming a couple is out of question, due to how Thorfinn's life looked like real world. I have fingers crossed for Einar finding joy again in Vinland.
Jun 19, 2023 10:19 AM
Jun 2023
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Jun 26, 2023 9:36 AM

Apr 2020
That was HARDDD & HEAVYYY...  MASTERPEACE. 
Jun 26, 2023 5:30 PM

Dec 2012
Hey, respect to Thorgil. Like Thorkell, he doesn't hide who he is and owns it.

I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but this has been the biggest emotional payoff of Vinland Saga thus far. Dreaming of Vinland has become an ideal that embodies the will to live & endure. I was so hoping for that miracle when Arneid would open her eyes again, but it shows that not everyone can continue dreaming through endless suffering.

Thorfinn & Canute's reunion ought to prove mindblowing, considering how they last parted ways.
Jul 2, 2023 4:12 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Thorfinn's speech at the end really highlights how far he's come.
Jul 2, 2023 11:14 AM
Mar 2019
How to ruin an amazing anime. What a joke.
Jul 13, 2023 9:43 AM
Feb 2021
literally the best episode of any television show ever made
Jul 13, 2023 10:56 PM

May 2019
RIP Arnheid... She deserved better than the life she had 😭😭😭
Jul 14, 2023 2:13 PM
Aug 2022
Stepping on the king's face. That beast has some gigantic ballzzz.

Poor Lief, leave those two simps behind, you had one Thorfinn already. 
Jul 15, 2023 11:13 AM

Feb 2021
Thorgil's surprise attack failed. He was so fucking close to finishing off Canute.

Poor Arnheid passed away due to her injuries. At least she's at peace now.

Oh damn, Thorfinn is gonna go talk with Canute and maybe hand over Ketil in exchange for no more bloodshed? Will he have to fight his way to get to Canute?

Jul 15, 2023 11:34 PM

Aug 2019
Canute training really came in handy. He was able to defend himself against Thorgil.

The unnecessary dead.

Arnheid can die while being free, she can finally return to her kids and Gardar. Rest in peace, she can finally rest.

I’m sorry Einar, you couldn’t tell her how you felt about her.

A punch for your to snap out of it. Don’t lose yourself Einar.
Jul 22, 2023 1:22 AM
Aug 2021
Damn Canute is still alive LLLL. Thorgill has now lost the use of his right arm basically that is unfortunate. She died, I'm sad because she could have actually lived a nice life in Iceland.
The Jomvikings ended the war with ease. I just realised that Thorfinn and Snake are stronger than Jomvikings in 1v1s.
Ketil was actually a victim of all that talking and he got knocked out by a single hit useless fat bastard.
I have to give credit though Canute doesn't kill without reason.
Jul 25, 2023 1:31 PM

Sep 2017
Yo did I miss anything or that they never showed us the scene where Thorfinn and his uncle meet?
خ
Aug 5, 2023 9:53 PM
Oct 2018
What an awesome episode. It made me cry so hard. Also, it’s so great to see how much Thorfinn has matured and learned from his past wounds & struggles. There’s no doubt that this story is so well written.
Aug 7, 2023 10:59 PM
Jul 2013
Lol, chest compressions, in Viking times
Aug 19, 2023 5:50 AM

Jul 2013
This show is really fucking cruel ain't it goddamn
Sep 10, 2023 2:45 AM

Mar 2015
And Arnheid dies here.. looks like we're gonna see the old Thorfinn after all!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 24, 2023 11:04 AM
Apr 2021
I love vinland saga
Oct 15, 2023 5:10 AM

Oct 2022
Man so mad that Thorgil's sneak attack didnt work. DAMN. And why did thorfinn's gotta put a death flag on himself lol.
Oct 25, 2023 10:47 PM

Jun 2017
So what exactly Thorfinn's going to do when he meets Canute? I just don't have a clue. Not unless he's there to assassinate him, that would be grand.

RIP Arnheid! I really saw that one coming. Let's see how Ketil's going to react when he finally realizes what his actions caused the woman he cared for. Wait...did he really care for her? *shrugs*

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Dec 23, 2023 3:30 AM
Feb 2019
Top drama of the season
Jan 13, 4:07 AM

Apr 2013
Well of course the plot armor is strong with Canute, still a bit disappointed how it turned out though. Arnheid dying was about time.
Jan 25, 9:10 AM
Jun 2021
I couldn't stop myself from crying. To lose someone you have deep feelings for, and to suppress the urge for revenge and hatred, is the most difficult thing a human being would ever do.
This anime is with great philosophy and I can't wait to see the end of it.
Jan 30, 7:44 AM
Sep 2023
I cried.. a little
Feb 28, 5:04 PM
Jan 2023
damm...I, Arnheid didn't deserve to die.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2023

138 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » we getting that award fr ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 23

53 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 12, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

370 by ebobota »»
May 10, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

488 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:09 AM

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Apr 27

45 by LargeSkittle »»
May 6, 10:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.