May 20, 2023 10:28 AM
Apr 2022
https://twitter.com/BoJJJJi/status/1659955220430872576?s=20
This is a leak btw. 
So nothin confirmed yet. 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2023 10:35 AM
Apr 2022
personally think this is a sad W. I’m sad ryu nakayama left I hope he still works on it. But I also think that this opens a lot more possibilities. Such as allowing animators who don’t animate in realism to work on this, the schedule will be better, and it’ll be easier on animators because they won’t need to animate every detail
May 20, 2023 10:38 AM
Jun 2020
I'm so sad about it 🎉
May 20, 2023 10:40 AM

Jun 2014
If this ends up being true then congrats to the bitch asses who whined, y'all won
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 20, 2023 10:48 AM
Dec 2020
That dude literally created his account yesterday. No way he's reliable.
May 20, 2023 10:50 AM
Apr 2022
Infernalization said:
oecuf Retweeted this and he is reliable leaker
May 20, 2023 10:51 AM
Oct 2021
Congratulations!! 🥳🎉👏
No Flop CSM anymore..
May 20, 2023 10:52 AM
Oct 2022
That Mappa CEO really kicked this guy to the curb cause CSM wasn’t as profitable as he wanted it to be 🤣
May 20, 2023 10:58 AM
Apr 2022
Helenafin said:
That Mappa CEO really kicked this guy to the curb cause CSM wasn’t as profitable as he wanted it to be 🤣

Not entirely, I think it’s likely he will still work as a key animator or episode director. But I think they wanted a different director so it would be easier on the staff and better received by the fans, which is sad but understandable
May 20, 2023 11:22 AM

Jul 2015
"Not anymore" means there will be a new director for some new project in the future?

May 20, 2023 11:28 AM
Dec 2022
I really dont care who the director is as long as they make the show ok
May 20, 2023 11:58 AM
Mar 2022
I personally liked him but he did seem to be the most contentious part of the adaptation.
May 20, 2023 12:13 PM
Jul 2022
Most likely fake news, but if it's real
it's another example of how otakus usually take the biggest Ls in the history of mankind
May 20, 2023 12:16 PM
Feb 2017
I used to pray for times like these

Ronaldo crying gif

We won 😭
It's Aiko!!!!
May 20, 2023 12:17 PM
Jul 2021
Damn that's really sad news. Though considering all the harassment and other shit which he faced online, this was bound to happen ngl.
I actually loved his unique direction in S1 contrary to the popular opinion so this is definitely a huge L in my eyes.
May 20, 2023 12:38 PM

Apr 2021
Ridzaxster said:
Congratulations!! 🥳🎉👏
No Flop CSM anymore..

y'all still think he was the reason CSM flopped? It was literally the lack of polish and the CGI...
May 20, 2023 12:39 PM

Apr 2021
These weebs deserve no good thing in their life. Keep enjoying the same old generic shonen ya shitheads
May 20, 2023 1:16 PM

Oct 2016
@CreepHazard

I agree. Chainsaw Man adaptation was unique and original, and also it improved on the manga by slowing things down a bit, like you said in the other thread. Things in the last chapters of part 1 were way too fast, and I'm sure Nakayama would fix this. But NOPE, has to be a chaotic mess like every other shonen. Oh well, at least they will buy the fucking Blu rays now, right?
May 20, 2023 1:16 PM

Dec 2019
Rimusimp said:
personally think this is a sad W. I’m sad ryu nakayama left I hope he still works on it. But I also think that this opens a lot more possibilities.  Such as allowing animators who don’t animate in realism to work on this, the schedule will be better, and it’ll be easier on animators because they won’t need to animate every detail
Rimusimp said:
personally think this is a sad W. I’m sad ryu nakayama left I hope he still works on it. But I also think that this opens a lot more possibilities.  Such as allowing animators who don’t animate in realism to work on this, the schedule will be better, and it’ll be easier on animators because they won’t need to animate every detail
Tf do you mean the schedule will be better, that has nothing to do with Nakayama and all to do with MAPPA. They should have given the team the time they needed to fullfill their creative vision, not the other way around (doubly so since they're the only producer in this case)
May 20, 2023 1:36 PM

Feb 2021
Rimusimp said:
personally think this is a sad W. I’m sad ryu nakayama left I hope he still works on it. But I also think that this opens a lot more possibilities. Such as allowing animators who don’t animate in realism to work on this, the schedule will be better, and it’ll be easier on animators because they won’t need to animate every detail

I have never read something so wrong in my whole life.

Buddy has NO idea how anime production actually works
May 20, 2023 1:45 PM
Apr 2022
MadanielFL said:
Rimusimp said:

I have never read something so wrong in my whole life.

Buddy has NO idea how anime production actually works
I kinda miswrote with schedule, I understand schedule doesn’t have anything to do with director. I just meant his vision made the right schedule even worse because of how much had to be animated. It was also extremely tough on the animators who had to make constant realistic sakuga because the director wanted to mimic human movement constantly
May 20, 2023 1:45 PM
Apr 2022
JesseBoi said:
Rimusimp said:
Tf do you mean the schedule will be better, that has nothing to do with Nakayama and all to do with MAPPA. They should have given the team the time they needed to fullfill their creative vision, not the other way around (doubly so since they're the only producer in this case)
read my reply to the other guy above
May 20, 2023 1:52 PM
Jan 2021
some y’all are just retarded shit heads and hating on nakayama when he did good job on chsm y’all don’t even deserve this adaptation
May 20, 2023 2:14 PM

Jul 2014
Honestly? probably for the better, the show was *fine* but it felt a little stale due to the direction, the lack of a rock/metal opening also bothered me, if anything CSM *should* have one, not that weird one that we got that only caters towards the *I'm not like the rest of music listeners* snobs.

Now, do I think the  anime has good quality? yeah it does, obviously movie level directing in some scenes, but the dude should know his source material, he's making a shounen, not a hollywood movie, sometimes making an anime a sort of movie is not the better choice.
May 20, 2023 2:17 PM

Jan 2009
well the japanese fans hates his slow pace, serious and realistic direction anyway they even made a petition about it remember
May 20, 2023 2:29 PM
Mar 2023
Glad that guy got fired.

Now they need to hire
Hiroyuki Imaishi or the staff from the Monogatari series to make a successful adaption of season 2

Redline levels of innovative direction and animation are incoming in season 2 I guess
AyanokamisamaMay 20, 2023 2:37 PM
May 20, 2023 2:31 PM

Apr 2022
if true, god is dead. one of the best adaptations in ages and this is how it turns out.
May 20, 2023 2:32 PM

Sep 2020
I don’t mind it, I didn’t mind his more realistic approach to the series.

I would like to see someone else’s take on the series, especially with the flashy action coming up.

Hopefully the new director can do as good, if not better.

However, hopefully they bring him back for P2 as I feel like his direction does work well with P2 slower pace and more grounded approach in story and characters.
Yuri_NijiMay 20, 2023 3:07 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2023 2:34 PM

Sep 2020
Infernalization said:

Oecuf is one of the most reliable leakers and they retweeted it. Also the account posts anime still before the episodes release so I would say they are quite reliable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2023 2:35 PM

Sep 2020
Ayanokamisama said:
Glad that guy got fired.

Now they need hire
Hiroyuki Imaishi or the staffs from monogatari series to make an successful adaption of season 2

Imagining the upcoming fight in a Monogatari style would be so awesome to see.

I would mind them directing the sequel
May 20, 2023 3:06 PM
May 2022
Mf just had to whine so much. Genuinely one of the best adaptations with the pure quality that was put into s1. It’s gonna be hard to watch s2 if it ends up losing the extremely detailed backgrounds, models, and intricate animations.
May 20, 2023 3:06 PM
Jan 2021
Ayanokamisama said:
Glad that guy got fired.

Now they need to hire
Hiroyuki Imaishi or the staff from the Monogatari series to make a successful adaption of season 2

Redline levels of innovative direction and animation are incoming in season 2 I guess

imaishi defo not coming to mappa since he only works in trigger☠️(his own studio)and most monogatari staff will probably work in shaft on their own anime(probably fire force)
May 20, 2023 3:14 PM
Sep 2019
If this is true, then say goodbye to the most cinematic anime to ever exist and let's welcome anohter generic battle shounen anime. The only way I'm watching whatever garbage CSM turn into is if Nakayama remain at least as Chief Director. Otherwise, all of us who wanted something unique and never done before are fu**ed.
May 20, 2023 3:16 PM

Nov 2014
huge if true, csm adaptation was egregious. bro takes a highly beloved manga and instead of trying to give it just a normal high quality adaptation bro forces his ego all over it trying to make something which csm isnt and proceeds to cut all corners as humanely possible while also butchering the atmosphere entirely. the show doesnt feel fun or interesting or cool it feels depressing and bleak with all the drowned out colors and horrid set pieces. the show just looks bizarre with the 3d sets all over the place, the fucked up lighting, and the egregious use of cgi at literally all times. i donno like just make a anime man none of this pseudo Hollywood influence bs.

May 20, 2023 3:27 PM
Feb 2019
Hope it’s not true, but it would be kinda cool to see someone else’s directorial vision of the manga. And each season giving a completely different vibe.
May 20, 2023 4:02 PM
Apr 2022
This is brilliant news. Hopefully they can finally adapt the manga faithfully and improve on the horrible tone of the first release.
May 20, 2023 4:08 PM
Apr 2022
ALSO, it’s funny seeing all the CM fans saying this is good news when I have been saying the first season was not good since the first episode. I don’t say this to toot my own horn, because I actually like the absurdity of the series. I don’t think it’s going to give Monster a run for it’s money in the writing department, but I don’t even think that was ever the point of the manga. A guy literally sprouts a chainsaw from his head. The anime should’ve channeled the most obvious tone the manga gave off which is silliness and mayhem. It’s no WONDER nobody bothered with the BDs. They streamed it once and are done with it, and the CEO knows it. Sometimes the hardest pills to swallow are the ones that involve tough love. If you want the series to be as good as the manga, demand better. Obviously the CEO feels the first season wasn’t up to the manga’s standards, and the director was met with the axe.
May 20, 2023 4:11 PM
Apr 2022
TheTraumaticD said:
Mf just had to whine so much. Genuinely one of the best adaptations with the pure quality that was put into s1. It’s gonna be hard to watch s2 if it ends up losing the extremely detailed backgrounds, models, and intricate animations.

People were whining because they thought it was me bad. Nobody bought the BDs to show support. If everyone enjoyed it so much, why is Mappa getting rid of the director. Money speaks louder than words, and obviously the money isn’t there so Mappa is cleaning house.
May 20, 2023 4:12 PM

Oct 2010
usually when you're bad at your job, you're fired/demoted. Let's see if the leak is true.
May 20, 2023 4:19 PM
Jan 2018
Why? Is there a reason?
May 20, 2023 5:20 PM

Apr 2021
lycan_ said:
Honestly? probably for the better, the show was *fine* but it felt a little stale due to the direction, the lack of a rock/metal opening also bothered me, if anything CSM *should* have one, not that weird one that we got that only caters towards the *I'm not like the rest of music listeners* snobs.

Now, do I think the  anime has good quality? yeah it does, obviously movie level directing in some scenes, but the dude should know his source material, he's making a shounen, not a hollywood movie, sometimes making an anime a sort of movie is not the better choice.

The reason he even decided to make the anime as it is was BECAUSE he knew the source material. It was always rooted deep in it's western influences, and Nakayam's choice of direction just dug deeper in these roots - something Fujimoto actively agrees on, but apparently people like you sure love to act like you are way more knowledgeable about what should or shouldn't be done for a series than their actual creators. Plus this whole "this is a shonen" talk as if shonen series should all be adapted the same way and anything else is preposterous? Dumb fucking take.

And lastly, you are the one coming off as a snob if you think the series should only have one specific type of music and that everything else is "a weird song that's catering".
May 20, 2023 6:32 PM

Jul 2014
I really could care less who directs it, either way I don't think it's "outstanding", it's an okay show with whatever direction they take it in, the writing is not that good. I am not one of the people that complained about the director, I am just reacting to the news, I think it's for the better for the popularity of the show, it's a shounen, not some kurosawa movie, deal with it.
May 20, 2023 11:01 PM

Oct 2021
not sure if it is true but good for both parties if it is.
chainsawman can benefit from having someone that can make the over-the-top style of the manga come out.
nakayama can work on more grounded stories that would fit his style. 
the guy got so much abuse just because some stupid executives from mappa thought his style is fit for this series. if this mess negatively effects nakayama or chainsawman it would be one of the biggest dropped ball ever.
May 20, 2023 11:09 PM

Dec 2019
Hope he can make a comeback in the future
May 20, 2023 11:44 PM

May 2021
It's not even confirmed and yet, if they strictly follow the manga and improve some parts, it would be hard to not built legacy, if they go TPN path on the other hand... But MAPPA has look competent so far, no worries.
May 20, 2023 11:49 PM
May 2022
that's just sad...
I really liked the vibe that csm s1 gave
May 20, 2023 11:53 PM
Nov 2019
thebrentinator24 said:
If this ends up being true then congrats to the bitch asses who whined, y'all won

It's gonna be funny when the adaptation is so much worse and everyone complains more. Some people don't understand we could have had a Berserk 2016 adaptation.

In my opinion, it was near perfect. There are a couple of rough cgi shots, but nothing that ruins the show.
May 21, 2023 1:22 AM
Feb 2022
o well it hapends all the time he is good
May 21, 2023 2:08 AM
Nov 2020
oh boy. I thought he was doing a good job. hopefully he has a good replacement
May 21, 2023 2:53 AM
Jun 2021
Literally the least reliable source on the internet, his posts are literally just probable guesses, ofc they’ll change director after the backlash, they have another braindead tweet saying the ds animation will get better in later episodes like no shit that’s the climax of the season
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

991 by BlizzardBoy026 »»
Yesterday, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1142 by ssjzachary »»
May 29, 4:35 PM

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - May 22

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 27, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

591 by thatlittlefox »»
May 24, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.