Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 15, 2023 7:22 PM

Aug 2019
This is a new beginning for Thorfinn.

I love seeing Thorfinn smiling. I can’t believe they’re so close to being free.

“Would it be possible to rid the world of war and slavery” Thorfinn is dreaming big this time around. Oh my gosh, their freedom is closer than ever.

Canute just keeps looking better and better lol

Canute flashbacks, he was such a tiny bean.

Seeing Canute is always such a treat tbh. Canute seemed to be experiencing the effects of the curse of the crown. He is indeed stronger than both his father and older brother now. 
Jul 21, 2023 2:58 AM
Aug 2021
Another time skip I guess Thorfinn kept his vow. I am so happy that they r going to be free, even though Ik that is a lie. The fact he said to wait until I am back and he hasn't told anyone else about this is proof the Master will end up dying and Thorgill we end up taking over. Prince Canute no longer has my respect bro has become a menace killing anyone and everything. He did say in the first season he will become a demon. I guess he stayed true to his words.
Aug 5, 2023 4:11 PM
Oct 2019
veryu nice bvery goof olike it alolt yeds good epiosde of you qsk nme buyddy
Aug 6, 2023 11:27 PM

Aug 2019
These last 2 episode have just been so incredibly good in so many ways, story telling, character development and symbolism for one have been outstanding. Seeing Thorfinn and Canute change so drastically in the many years was so interesting and hooking. The storyboard has been amazing, it felt so fluent and well explained for major events in each of their life and how that's changed them to the present day.

Last episode watching the authors representation of Thorfinn's emptiness and regret to finding new goals was brilliant. I thought them explaining his "emptiness", then the old man telling him that it's never too late to pick up new skills, Einar telling him that being empty means a better start to a new life, him cracking under anger and pledging to turn a new leaf was so well drawn out and shown. I really thought the representation they had of Thorfinn falling to an underworld battlefield with enteral slaughter, all the people he murdered reaching out to him and Askeladd being there to counsel him felt very clear with the emotions and meaning it was suppose to drive to Thorfinn.

This episode we see so much depth about Canute's change since his time since s1. His way of thinking has so drastically changed as well as his attitude under the crown and all of it was well explained, the curse of the crown that has jaded him to even poison his brother secretly to gain Denmark even though they were on good terms, the phantom of his father that he once hated and haunts him like guilt is the only other person that would knows what its like in his position, the fact he feels the entire situation is underwhelming all feeling like amazing points and make it so hooking to watch.
Aug 16, 2023 9:46 PM

Jul 2013
Goddamn Canute has gone too far
Sep 8, 2023 11:35 PM

Mar 2015
Updates on Canute and showing us the brotherly love that in the end did not last.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 25, 2023 8:11 AM

Jun 2017
Askeladd sacrificed his life for a King like him? How very disappointing! I got this feeling that even if Canute achieved his goals, it wouldn't be enough for him. He would be a power-hungry maniac and when that time comes, I hope Thorfinn breaks his vow and stops him.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Oct 25, 2023 5:37 AM
Feb 2023
till ep.10 i feel its ok kinda since the start of einar and thorfinn was interesting but later prince canute's conscience took over the show and made it kinda psychological
Nov 6, 2023 5:07 PM
Apr 2022
Great episode and even greater story!
Nov 11, 2023 5:20 PM

Nov 2010
Hopefully, Thorfinn will go back to Iceland. I'm so curious about what happened to his mom and sis. We haven't seen them in 15+ years.

War and slavery cannot be rid of as long as we are humans. It's just human nature, and there's nothing that can be done about it unless all of us embrace transhumanism.

That OST + Cnut looking back on the past gave me goosebumps. Power absolutely corrupts; family means nothing. However, It's a good thing that it never affected his ability to become a great leader of one of the most fragile empires in history.

I want to marry Estrid. She's so cute!
Jan 8, 3:23 AM

Apr 2013
Not sure how fast this story goes in the manga, but the pacing feels incredibly slow in the anime.
Feb 21, 6:13 AM
Nov 2020
no enemies yoooohhhhh
Mar 12, 10:24 AM

Mar 2016
Thorfinn and Einar is almost done being a slave now that freedom is at hand. But of course, the calm before the storm.

It's always a depressing sight to see one's greed consume all but a man's cold logical reasoning.
Canute could have indeed just ruled with the brother who loved him dearly, damn with enough reason, I daresay Canute could even convince his brother to give his throne willingly without any underhanded methods. However, nothing matters anymore except his ambition. Even a loving family member is nothing but obstacles in his eyes.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2023

138 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Poll: » we getting that award fr ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 23

53 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 12, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

370 by ebobota »»
May 10, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

488 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:09 AM

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Apr 27

45 by LargeSkittle »»
May 6, 10:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.