Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2023 4:54 PM
Nov 2016
ogking31 said:
xZabuzax said:

This is a forum and people have the right to praise or complain about whatever the fuck we want.

If I feel like complaining about an anime then I will do it, who the hell are you to tell me what to do? usually, little kids like you are the ones who need to mature since kids are the ones that can't accept criticism, the sweet irony.
but you're not criticizing... there's a difference between complaining and criticism. You're doing the latter which is warrant for anyone to call you a meathead

This is a forum and I can complain, criticize, whatever the fuck you want to call it and I will do it since I have every right to do it for the same reason people have their right to praise whatever the hell they like too.

If you dumbasses don't like it then sucks to be you.
Mar 7, 2023 5:03 PM
Jan 2023
xZabuzax said:
ogking31 said:
but you're not criticizing... there's a difference between complaining and criticism. You're doing the latter which is warrant for anyone to call you a meathead

This is a forum and I can complain, criticize, whatever the fuck you want to call it and I will do it since I have every right to do it for the same reason people have their right to praise whatever the hell they like too.

Then everyone has the right to call you meathead for having a low IQ take, dumbass, blind, can't read. If all you do is complain because there's no fight happening 
Mar 7, 2023 5:07 PM

Mar 2010
Not wanting to hurt others and all is great.. but my nei gha needs to defend himself.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 7, 2023 5:10 PM
Nov 2016
ogking31 said:
xZabuzax said:

Then everyone has the right to call you meathead for having a low IQ take, dumbass, blind, can't read. If all you do is complain because there's no fight happening 

Sure, and I can call you a dumbass too. And I'm not complaining because there's no fight happening in this season you idiot, I literally don't give a flying fuck about the fights, I was not a fan of S1 either.

And Steins;Gate is my best anime and it doesn't have action scenes, Death Note is in my top 5 and it doesn't have action scenes either so yeah, I sure as hell can enjoy animes without fights, but this farming arc is simply overrated and not that interesting, period.

If you can't accept the fact that people simply don't find this season interesting then you are a dumbass.
Mar 7, 2023 5:22 PM
Jan 2023
xZabuzax said:
ogking31 said:

Sure, and I can call you a dumbass too. And I'm not complaining because there's no fight happening in this season you idiot, I literally don't give a flying fuck about the fights, I was not a fan of S1 either.

And Steins;Gate is my best anime and it doesn't have action scenes, Death Note is in my top 5 and it doesn't have action scenes either so yeah, I sure as hell can enjoy animes without fights, but this farming arc is simply overrated and not that interesting, period.

If you can't accept the fact that people simply don't find this season interesting then you are a dumbass.
xZabuzax said:
ogking31 said:

Both DN and Steins gate do have actions... gun firing exist and raiding exist in those shows. Which is why you're a meathead. 
Being on a farm without you understanding why they're there is simply went over your head. let's say you want them to get out of farming, then what? You seem to be out of touch to know why they were here in the first place. 

Therefore you're a meathead that needs to stay away from a good show

Mar 7, 2023 5:33 PM
Nov 2016
ogking31 said:
xZabuzax said:

xZabuzax said:

Both DN and Steins gate do have actions... gun firing exist and raiding exist in those shows. Which is why you're a meathead. 
Being on a farm without you understanding why they're there is simply went over your head. let's say you want them to get out of farming, then what? You seem to be out of touch to know why they were here in the first place. 

Both Steins;Gate and Death Notes have gun firing and raiding scenes, sure, but that doesn't make them action animes you idiot.

And I know perfectly well why they are on a farm, does that mean that I will instantly love whatever the hell is happening in it? no, dumbass, and I already mentioned plenty of times here that this season isn't horrible or anything, it's overrated sure but it isn't horrible, it's just a meh 7/10 anime IMHO and the good stuff may happen later.

But apparently, that's not good enough for dumbasses like you, if you think everyone will instantly like whatever the hell is happening in this farm then you are a dumbass but then again, I can't expect much from you either, you are just using an alt account and have this season rated a 10/10 so yeah, you are just a dumbass that can't accept criticism or complaints from your beloved anime.

Grow the fuck up.
Mar 7, 2023 5:44 PM
Jan 2023
xZabuzax said:
ogking31 said:

Both Steins;Gate and Death Notes have gun firing and raiding scenes, sure, but that doesn't make them action animes you idiot.

And I know perfectly well why they are on a farm, does that mean that I will instantly love whatever the hell is happening in it? no, dumbass, and I already mentioned plenty of times here that this season isn't horrible or anything, it's overrated sure but it isn't horrible, it's just a meh 7/10 anime IMHO and the good stuff may happen later.

But apparently, that's not good enough for dumbasses like you, if you think everyone will instantly like whatever the hell is happening in this farm then you are a dumbass but then again, I can't expect much from you either, you are just using an alt account and have this season rated a 10/10 so yeah, you are just a dumbass that can't accept criticism or complaints from your beloved anime.

Grow the fuck up.
If whining is criticism then you're out of reality. 

Actually they are also called action animes... they move the plot with intense action related stuff which is why I mentioned Gun firing, raiding for steins gate and how they need to find and not get caught by an organization. That IS still action. 

Also people going at you because of your dumbass take, "Why are they still on farming". You keep saying you get it but you don't, I asked why earlier if what would they do to get out of farming? killing? Because that's what you're implying. 

This is like an equivalent of whining about Interstellar movie because they're still in space. 
Mar 7, 2023 5:50 PM
Nov 2021
xZabuzax said:

Grow the fuck up.
Don't bother arguing with these dolts. They think we need action to be entertained. They think they're this high-browed, ultra-cerebral geniuses for enjoying the "profound" and "deep" character development we see in Thorfinn (character development portrayed in the most repetitive and boring way possible).

They really think this is a masterpiece.
Mar 7, 2023 6:00 PM
Nov 2016
ogking31 said:
xZabuzax said:

Grow the fuck up.
If whining is criticism then you're out of reality. 

Actually they are also called action animes... they move the plot with intense action related stuff which is why I mentioned Gun firing, raiding for steins gate and how they need to find and not get caught by an organization. That IS still action. 

Also people going at you because of your dumbass take, "Why are they still on farming". You keep saying you get it but you don't, I asked why earlier if what would they do to get out of farming? killing? Because that's what you're implying. 

This is like an equivalent of whining about Interstellar movie because they're still in space. 

Gun firing and raiding scenes don't instantly turn an anime into an "action anime" you idiot, it's like an anime having some comedy in it, it doesn't instantly turn the anime into a "comedy anime" either. Steins;Gate and Death Note are both more deeper than that.

And people going at me because of my dumbass take? you mean both of you dumbasses that can't accept their beloved anime taking some criticism or complaints? both of you idiots are under the impression that this anime is perfect, it's not.

And what would they do if they are out of the farming arc? don't ask me, I'm not the mangaka so it's not my job to tell the mangaka what to do, it's their job to make a compelling story that will make me interested in it and so far, the farming arc is not cutting it and no, that doesn't necessarily mean that I want to see action scenes or killing, I already mentioned that I'm not a fan of S1 either so stop bringing that shit up, I already said that I literally don't give a flying fuck about the action scenes or the killings here, I simply want to see a good story and the farming arc is not what I'm looking for, period.

The Canute episode was the best episode so far in this season IMHO so we can have more of those types of episodes, that's a start.
Mar 7, 2023 6:07 PM
Nov 2016
uuuuno said:
xZabuzax said:

Grow the fuck up.
Don't bother arguing with these dolts. They think we need action to be entertained. They think they're this high-browed, ultra-cerebral geniuses for enjoying the "profound" and "deep" character development we see in Thorfinn (character development portrayed in the most repetitive and boring way possible).

They really think this is a masterpiece.

That's ok, I'm already used to arguing with these types of dumbasses.
Mar 7, 2023 6:12 PM

Nov 2010
That is all? Now he won't be violent anymore? Won't he protect the one he loves? Is he going to become a shounen character who doesn't go to violence? It's a shame, I didn't expect him to become a priest... I expected an anime that was violent and rich in history... I'm totally disappointed with this episode. I expected to see him once again on the battlefields killing warriors.
Mar 7, 2023 6:22 PM
Sep 2021
Askeladd Solos your verse
Mar 7, 2023 6:28 PM

Dec 2020
Nahh HOW

HOW is this show

HOW
Mar 7, 2023 6:29 PM

Dec 2020
clear-cut soundtrack of the year too
Mar 7, 2023 6:34 PM
Nov 2019
Best episode this season
Mar 7, 2023 6:38 PM

Sep 2014
VenturePunpun said:
Comander-07 said:
Finally a half decent episode 9 episodes in!

Though now Im concerned about Thorfinn beeing a pacifist wimp for the rest of the story. Pacifism does not work. It never has. Some people are your enemies. Thats just how it is.

The show is basically trying to say that we create our own enemies, the world doesn't create enemies for us. If thorfinn decides he doesn't want any enemies than he doesn't have any. He has the freedom to decide and can choose to handle conflicts without feeling that it is necessary to kill the opposition.
yeah and the show is wrong about that. Thats all there is to it. The show itself made that very clear when he and his viking friends murdered a bunch of people without leaving them a choice.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 7, 2023 6:41 PM

Sep 2014
LordSozin said:
Comander-07 said:
Finally a half decent episode 9 episodes in!

Though now Im concerned about Thorfinn beeing a pacifist wimp for the rest of the story. Pacifism does not work. It never has. Some people are your enemies. Thats just how it is.

That's true, Which is why the episode showed the contrast between Thor and Askladd in both Thorfin's dreams and horrors. I guess you'll have to wait and see how he adapts both of these ideologies. 
yeah if only this season wasnt so unbearably slow. Literally watching grass grow
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 7, 2023 7:30 PM
Apr 2020
may have been the greatest thing my eyes ever laid witness on
Mar 7, 2023 7:51 PM

Jan 2019
jvjvi23 said:
That is all? Now he won't be violent anymore? Won't he protect the one he loves? Is he going to become a shounen character who doesn't go to violence? It's a shame, I didn't expect him to become a priest... I expected an anime that was violent and rich in history... I'm totally disappointed with this episode. I expected to see him once again on the battlefields killing warriors.
HOW IS THIS SHONEN? I said this already, but I thought that the majority of shonen characters use violence against others? 4 out of 5 of your favourite shows are shonen with all of their protagonists using violence. 

It baffles me how people completely miss the point of this series, I'm astounded.

"You have no enemies, no one has any enemies"
"A true warrior needs no swords"
The blatant anti-war messages that this entire series has

This whole time the anime has hinted a pacifistic route through Thors' morals and his wise words, Askeladd's hatred of Danish warriors, and his last words to Thorfinn wanting him to become a true warrior. Have people just looked over or forgotten all this? Now when season 2 reveals it's full cards of what Thorfinn is meant to become, people are angry with it? 

It really disheartens me to see these people, especially those that were a fan of the first season. I'm glad the majority of people enjoyed this episode, though.
ElucidMar 7, 2023 9:46 PM
Mar 7, 2023 9:35 PM
Sep 2021
Beautiful episode
Mar 7, 2023 10:15 PM

Oct 2012
Holy shit that was POWERFUL
Mar 7, 2023 11:04 PM
Jan 2021
It was truly something I'd never expect to hit me the way it did. The episode alone had some beautiful animation, I seeing the weight of Thorfin's past actions finally catching up to him bringing him to want to become better than his past self. I can not wait to see where Thorfin's journey will unfold on his path towards self redemption.
Mar 7, 2023 11:09 PM
Feb 2021
too good to be true
Mar 7, 2023 11:55 PM

Aug 2017
Hell is partly made of poor CGI.

Makes sense.
Mar 8, 2023 12:16 AM
Jan 2016
Mucharetsu said:
Hell is partly made of poor CGI.

Makes sense.
Yeah, it was extremely jarring at times, particulary so when the camera zoomed in on the action. It was fine otherwise. Can't say I blame the studio too much, those scenes would've been a nightmare to animate frame by frame since there's constant movement in the background of every shot.
Mar 8, 2023 12:46 AM
Jul 2019
Amazing getting anime adaptation. Thorfinn making his oath and the characteristic arc truly begins now.
Mar 8, 2023 1:07 AM

Oct 2013
high psychological level
Mar 8, 2023 3:01 AM
Apr 2022
I was waiting for those scenes. They really did an amazing job, damn
Mar 8, 2023 3:13 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Thorfinn came through.
Mar 8, 2023 4:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great episode, Thorfinn struggling in his inner mind since he's falling back into violence and what he rejected from his past and traumatized him, I really liked the visuals demonstration for that and it's nice to see him convinced that he won't take this path again and determined to step away from it, especially that they will not be punished for the fight fortunately
Mar 8, 2023 4:49 AM
Jun 2017
Enjoying every second on Thorfinn's redemption journey.
Mar 8, 2023 5:11 AM
Apr 2022
'let the weight of the hoe do the work.' wise words, great episode
Mar 8, 2023 5:52 AM

May 2021
For a moment there, I thought he actually was near Belize. I do hope the story puts his new resolution to the test.

Mar 8, 2023 6:32 AM
Feb 2023
JC612 said:
boring from 1-9, also i can guarantee that episode 10 will also be boring and waste of time.

You just looking for somebody to talk to? As this comment is pointless and boring as well 😂 you know the reason you watched 9 episodes of something you found “boring” right? It’s because it was so well done 😤
Mar 8, 2023 6:39 AM
Feb 2023
LordSozin said:
midnightblade said:
I'm going to start bulk reading the manga now, I'm out of patience with this. 

The dream sequence was nice, seeing askaladd and thors was fun. But even with all that and Thorfinn suddenly becoming a pacificst. Did the plot move foreward AT ALL??  I'm not sure that it did.

Thats the main problem ive been having with S2 of Vinland here. The absolute glacial pace of things. I'm sure the adapated material is good according to manga readers, but I feel like there's a total lack of conflict and/or urgency. I really like to have my works of fiction have a sense of purpose, (probably why I don't have a particular fondness for SoL genre) and this season has really lacked it beyond the general goal of them farming enough to win their freedom? Even that premise alone seems to show how damn slow the plot will be moving forward. 

I'm not sure I like the turn of Throfinn becoming a complete pacificst. I was hoping hed find some sort of reasoning/goal and have his violence towards others just focused on that instead of just blind revenge for Askladd killing Thors. Maybe we'll still get elements of that but I truely don't want to watch him become a pushover limp noodle that lets the ACTUAL vikings warriors walk all over him.

Probably the most iconic thing about season 1 was how bad ass the teenage Throfin was. Maybe shallow in character and purpose until the end but at the very least  you can admit its a lot more fun to watch. 

I recommend you to start from chapter 1. I think there are definitely surprises for you in the manga! 

Thanks for this wouldn’t have known that it has some cool stuff I missed
Mar 8, 2023 7:01 AM
Feb 2023
I found askellad (not sure I spelled that right) in thorfinns dream helping him climb to be symbolic of his part in making Thorfinn what he was and taking responsibility for the missing parts of thorfinns childhood to teach him the way to move on. The way to move on is not forgetting what you’ve done it’s taking it with you and overcoming it. Super powerful themes being contrasted and conveyed. Beautiful episode. I do think it feels slow when you look at it in an episodic way. But I started the show late and let me tell you watching 1-8 in one sitting was glorious and made 9 so much sweeter I wonder if that’s part of why this is difficult for some? But the overall value of the series by the end when you can watch at your own pace will be a masterpiece undoubtedly!!
Mar 8, 2023 8:02 AM
Oct 2007
I'm surprised nobody is surprise/talking enough about a kid got stabbed in the neck (despite being a dream). That's the first impact and second impact where Thorfinn nail got scrapped off while falling had me subconsciously shouting masterpiece internally... The rest just fall along nicely. Goosebumps all over! Epic cinematography
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2023 8:04 AM
May 2022
omg, such a deep and beautiful episode. left me teary at the end. man, i love vinland saga. my favorite.
Mar 8, 2023 8:16 AM
Jan 2023
thorfinn é patetico
Mar 8, 2023 8:25 AM

Nov 2021
Undoubtedly, the best episode of Vinland S2. 
Mar 8, 2023 8:30 AM
Nov 2019
At first I thought "this is the first wholesome episode , then it got sad... but at the end I think the conclusion was I deed wholesome. Its an inspiring episode after the sad ep 8. I. Looking forward to sering thorfins character
Mar 8, 2023 11:45 AM
Jul 2020
I am so sad. I like fightin, and now I have no reason to live. adios
Mar 8, 2023 12:51 PM
Jan 2016
MrMailMan said:
I am so sad. I like fightin, and now I have no reason to live. adios
It would'nt be a spoiler to say there will obvously be lots of fighting in the future, going by whats been set up. Thorfinn simply chose to take a passive stance from here on out.
Mar 8, 2023 3:35 PM
Sep 2022
they got him nailed up
Mar 8, 2023 4:31 PM
Aug 2016
TsutanaiFuun said:
no violence? damn. i wnder what direction the story will follow now. i kept expecting thorfinn to start kicking ass again but he has stopped violence for good and will start atoning for his sins by farming and helping others and using his strength for good purpose like his father i guess.

first step is still getting freed for now but right about this time we should be getting to see something from canute and thorkell as well. they have their own stuff going on now. but even after all this, thorfinn still can't remember his mum and sis?

great episode overall. showed the mental battle that thorfinn has been fighting, his true battle.

being a true warrior is pretty based ngl.
Ah, your thoughts are so relatable to mine. You are a true Vinland enjoyer I see. 

Mar 8, 2023 5:05 PM
Apr 2022
yeah that might be the best anime episode I've ever seen
Mar 8, 2023 5:37 PM
Jun 2020
Foda pra caralho, mano, que episódio maravilhoso do caralho
Mar 8, 2023 6:16 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
holy hell what an episode
that was a great watch gonna have to rewatch it on the big screen lol

must have been rough seeing his father again.

yay post 1300~
Mar 8, 2023 8:14 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi climbed out of Hel ready to be reborn
Mar 8, 2023 8:16 PM

Jun 2014
9 episodes in and still nothing interesting happening
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2023

138 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » we getting that award fr ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 23

53 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 12, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

370 by ebobota »»
May 10, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

488 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:09 AM

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Apr 27

45 by LargeSkittle »»
May 6, 10:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.