Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jul 4, 2023 2:17 AM
Feb 2017
Masterpiece episode
Jul 4, 2023 11:23 AM
Aug 2022
Didn't like the philosophy
Jul 4, 2023 11:07 PM

May 2010
Yeah, I expected this episode to be well-received, but tbh I really was not impressed. Pacifist slants like this become really tedious once you've seen enough anime; there's never any subtlety in the message so they all end up being the same. Even if the message is correct, simply repeating it doesn't make the show any more interesting.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 9, 2023 5:57 AM

Aug 2019
That punch was more than justified, but I guess that violence brought him back to a terrible place.

Looks like Thorfinn will be reborn again though I doubt his pacifist attitude will last long..
Jul 10, 2023 11:26 AM
Jan 2023
A perfect and a touching episode. Literally was a recap of Thorfin's life and his rebirth.
Jul 12, 2023 5:15 AM
Aug 2022
Very nice guilt trip with tour guide Ashelad.

Wonderful development. But I still think it's ok to kick them asses.
Jul 15, 2023 1:40 PM
Dec 2020
Seabury said:
Yeah, I expected this episode to be well-received, but tbh I really was not impressed. Pacifist slants like this become really tedious once you've seen enough anime; there's never any subtlety in the message so they all end up being the same. Even if the message is correct, simply repeating it doesn't make the show any more interesting.
Agreed, no subtlety at all
Ends up sounding like pretentious BS and leads to a lot of eyerolling
Jul 15, 2023 6:57 PM

Aug 2019
“You don’t have any enemies” “Nobody has enemies” Thor comebacks and spit some wisdom.

Askeladd, is back after such a long time to help Thorfinn.

“A true warrior” once again Thorfinn needs to discover this.

“I’m going to be reborn” and then we see Thor, they really know how to make people cry ;(

Pater, thank you for finding evidence.
Jul 21, 2023 2:25 AM
Aug 2021
So Thorfinn has made a vow to himself to never be violent again. I hope this vow will last. It is nice having an anime that shows the struggles of being a man. Even though it is portrayed through murder we can all relate to the story. The light/life has returned to his eyes. I wonder if this is him becoming a true warrior.
Aug 16, 2023 5:34 AM

Jul 2013
The resolution of the whole issue was underwhelming not gonna lie
Aug 20, 2023 1:24 PM

Nov 2017
Jesus that scene with Askeladd and Thors was just unreal, I can’t remember the last time I was touched by an anime like this

Aug 23, 2023 9:47 PM
Jan 2023
THE REVELATION HAS FINALLY HAPPENED
Aug 28, 2023 1:43 PM
Jul 2022
Best episode of this series so far. It's been a long time since a piece of media has been able to make me bawl this hard.
Sep 8, 2023 11:34 PM

Mar 2015
Taking a trip into Thorfinn's state of mind, seeing him come out hopefully a better man!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 24, 2023 12:27 AM

Jun 2017
I want him to be a warrior though! What good will it do if he doesn't hurt anyone? Thorffin and Einar would end up dying! Perhaps he will not hurt any innocent lives but at least fight against people who do them wrong.

This episode had me in tears.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Oct 31, 2023 4:13 PM
Jan 2022
One of the Best episodes of the season. An introspective episode.
Nov 11, 2023 1:11 PM

Nov 2010
That was a cool metaphorical dream. I wish I'd had vivid dreams like that.
Askeladd is such a badass, even if he's just a ghost. I miss him and his ruthless schemes.
I wish a hellish place like that really existed. An endless battle between beings that can never truly die. I want to go there someday if I am given a chance!

Ketil is such a fair person, with Pater as his advisor. It's gonna be a real challenge for Thorfinn since assholes are aplenty in that era. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of those retainers. Trouble is always brewing on the horizon.

I like the OST that was playing in the end.
Dec 27, 2023 7:09 PM

Oct 2016
Cool introspective episode, best one so far.
Jan 8, 2:53 AM

Apr 2013
Most of the episode was Thorfinn hallucinating and then we the matter got resolved quietly. Meh...
Jan 16, 3:57 AM
Mar 2023
At the same time that Thorfinn's dream was a very surreal dream, I see that the dream is very real from the spiritual point of view that the anime brings, even more so for Thorfinn who is beginning to reject violence and consequently abandon his Norse religion and adopting a more pacifist lifestyle interested in the Christian religion, this dream has a very strong weight of a person who identifies their sins and at all times lives in constant suffering due to a past that cannot be changed, I suppose because of this His interest in the new religion came, the main point of Jesus Christ was to love your neighbor as yourself and God above all things and he, as the son of God, forgave the sins that people committed (go and sin no more - John 8 :11), but this moment takes place after Christ is gone, how can Thorfinn feel redeemed? in this dream, having faith, repenting and acting accordingly.

Thorfinn had this moment and this dream as a starting point for this change, as a trigger together with Einar who knows these purposes well, perhaps because he is a simple farmer who is also a Christian, this shows the real journey of a good duo, those who come together with a purpose in mind and respect for each other.

Coincidental fact is that Jesus is portrayed in the Bible as the lamb of God (John 1:36), and it was exactly a little lamb that woke Thorfinn up in his dream to talk to his father.
Jan 18, 7:34 PM

Aug 2015
this episode was brutal dude!!!! but i feel like it encompasses everything vinland saga is trying to be. what a beautifully well written piece of work, my lord
Jan 22, 9:52 AM
Sep 2023
Amazing, Breathtaking episode
Jan 23, 6:55 AM
Aug 2020
Absolute life changing perfection of an episode (I may be over exaggerating but that’s how great of an episode this is), Thorfinn finally is forced to confront everything he’s done his life since his father was killed, Askeladd is there too, this episode made me feel so much in just 24 minutes, best episode of the 2020s so far, doubt anything else could get this high of quality storytelling and character development.

1,000,000,000/10
Jan 23, 6:56 AM
Aug 2020
Absolute life changing perfection of an episode (I may be over exaggerating but that’s how great of an episode this is), Thorfinn finally is forced to confront everything he’s done his life since his father was killed, Askeladd is there too, this episode made me feel so much in just 24 minutes, best episode of the 2020s so far, doubt anything else could get this high of quality storytelling and character development.

1,000,000,000/10
Feb 27, 2:03 PM

Mar 2023
Truly great, a powerful episode
Mar 12, 7:00 AM
Oct 2020
Best episode of all anime
Mar 12, 8:43 AM

Mar 2016
I swear this episode felt like it's only 5 minutes long!

After getting knocked out, Thorfinn had the chance to meet with Askeladd and also his father. Even after death, Thorfinn still looks up to Askeladd for guidance. Thanks to becoming empty he has been freed from the shackle that bound him to a realm of eternal slaughter. Though he has broken free, he still has to bear the weight of his sins to those whom he has murdered in the past. THAT is his battle. The light at the end of the abyss is his redemption, his salvation.

The place where true warriors rest is not here Throfinn, keep climbing up!

This is the point where Throfinn finally made his resolve, the conviction to no longer deal with violence anymore. Such a powerful statement from someone who was the epitome of violence itself. He has been reborn...
Mar 29, 6:30 PM
Apr 2023
best episode so far
Apr 8, 2:42 PM
Mar 2024
i loved how thorfinn realizes what hes done in his past and sets a goal of becoming a better person
Apr 30, 3:43 AM
Jan 2021
nice nice nice nice
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2023

138 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Poll: » we getting that award fr ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 23

53 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 12, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

370 by ebobota »»
May 10, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

488 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:09 AM

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Apr 27

45 by LargeSkittle »»
May 6, 10:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.