Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 10, 2023 7:06 PM

Aug 2020
3/5

A decent episode. We got much needed insight into Kettil's character which could prove to be very significant later on

Arneid seems to be getting along with Einar which is great but could perhaps be setting up a conflict between him & Kettil, both enamoured by Arneid. The retainers are getting on my nerves, someone needs to put them down a peg. Kettil returns with his oldest son, who seems to be a hard headed warrior through & through, trained by Snake as well.

Kettil seems to be more forgiving but his position as the farm owner, makes him deal with things he doesn't want to do like punishing children for petty theft. Like he said, He is afraid of his own son who is this brutal person that has easily assilimated to this unforgiving world. We even find out that he's not this supposed "warrior" everybody thinks him to be as he confesses to Arneid. All of that facade to escape the life of brutality and insignificant consequences, right thing to do but not in this type of world

The last few minutes where Thorfinn is just going off was brilliant directed. Man is still haunted by his past and I don't blame him!!
Mar 16, 2023 7:48 AM

Apr 2021
Vinland Saga episode 7, rating: 8 out 10.

Mar 16, 2023 1:44 PM
Aug 2013
the trial was rough but, this season continues to impress.
Mar 16, 2023 2:28 PM
Jul 2022
Emotinally insane.
Firstly seeing Thorfinn that way is just adorable. I think, he's never been that happy in life, even though he still suffers from the past.
And after that the situation with the kids. It's good to see, how warm-hearted Ketil is and when he had to punish them it was just heartbreaking. 
Mar 31, 2023 8:22 AM

Feb 2021
Ketil's older son Thorgil is here. And he's the complete opposite of Olmar.

So, the Iron Fist Ketil bit is all a big lie that everyone believes. In reality, he's a simple man who likes peace and avoids violence/conflict at all costs.

Feeling bad for Sture and Thora. They have it hard. At least they were still let go pretty easily, thanks to Pater and Ketil.

As I suspected, by a personal attendant, they meant that Arnheid is Ketil's personal sex slave. Poor Einar.

Apr 5, 2023 9:26 AM
Jan 2018
Damn, so the old man was lying about being “Iron Fist Ketil”… Also what a shock, turns out the slave girl was a secret concubine of his!
Apr 9, 2023 4:05 AM
Jan 2019
Seems like a turnaround episode.
Apr 18, 2023 12:09 PM
Oct 2020
Bro, these people are crazy. He's insanely rich and these kids stole some flour and they were ready to cripple them for life. And this bitch boy - the "master". Bro, you're the boss, just order them to not be as violent or something. And teach your kids proper manners and how to be human before it's too late. And then he goes crying to his slave, asking her to stay with him forever. Homeboy, the chick can't stand you. 

I swear, my homies Einar, Thorfinn, Sverkel and the other woman slave are the only normal people here. The slaves should just find a way to run away imo.
Apr 18, 2023 1:32 PM

Mar 2021
The trial made me pretty anxious, poor kids were forced to steal and have to be punished for it... (Keep in mind the era that Vinland Saga is set in)

Ketil had it rough, he had to uphold the Iron Fist title and deliver the sentence like any master in that era. It's great to see that he just generally fears violence.

Oh turns out he's sleeping with that blonde girl Arnheid. Looks like she really hates him, but I'm not entirely sure since he's most probably treating her well all things considered.

It was pretty wholesome to see Thorfinn praying with Einar, that scene made me happy. :)

AbsoluteCinemaApr 18, 2023 1:36 PM

May 9, 2023 8:06 AM

May 2015
Ketil is such an honorable man.
May 22, 2023 6:41 PM
Jan 2021
i was wondering why mr "iron fist" wasn't exercising his authority when he was clearly uncomfortable with giving corporal punishment to children till the end of the ep but geez man. i wonder how his fear will affect his choices later on.

also i had a feeling he was involved with the girl servant for a bit
May 28, 2023 1:46 AM
Apr 2020
GingZ said:
Can't believe they hit the kid and that blonde girl is sleeping with everyone wth lol
wait what do you mean "everyone"?
Jun 6, 2023 5:10 AM
Aug 2021
Episode 7 incroyable
Jun 24, 2023 10:35 AM
Jun 2023
I liked the owner's reaction. That such a cruel world has such kind people
Jul 11, 2023 10:01 AM
Aug 2022
Something evil will ruin the crops right? Im feeling it coming. I feel so bad for Thorfin. 
Jul 15, 2023 6:09 PM

Aug 2019
Thorfinn is already learning a lot. The mistress of course has to be a bish.

Even the deer was shocked to see them praying so intensively.

Ketil used to fight before, that’s interesting. I’m really surprised by how kind he is.

I was glad that Pater step in, but I guess they have to be punished somehow since they want to “set an example”. Although, Ketil was completely against it.

Oh Arnheid, is with him.
Jul 16, 2023 5:08 AM
Feb 2019
Amazing episode!!
Jul 20, 2023 5:22 AM
Jan 2021
write your thoughts...
Jul 21, 2023 1:10 AM
Aug 2021
Einar was wondering if she could leave but clearly, the master wants her to stay forever. I feel sorry for the Master bro is such a gentle kind soul surrounded by savages. Thorgill was ready to kill that boy, that first hit was not gentle at all🤣🤣🤣🤣. Thorfinn is finally healing it was so nice seeing him laugh and smile. The fact he prayed was minding blowing.
Aug 15, 2023 8:30 PM

Jul 2013
While I agree paying off the crime and debt by working for them is not enough, you gotta consider the intent. They stole food not money or jewelry, they did it out of desperation not out of malice or greed. Still, not punishing them will set a bad precedent, it's just way too much is all.
Aug 16, 2023 6:25 AM

Jan 2013
haha zoomer beating goes brrr!!!
Sep 8, 2023 8:57 AM

Mar 2015
Oof poor kid had to take all that punishment!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 16, 2023 12:18 PM

Jun 2017
OH boy! Einar will be so heartbroken if he finds out that Arnheid is his master's mistress. Vinland Saga sure is a very mature anime.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Nov 11, 2023 11:24 AM

Nov 2010
I'm not used to seeing Einar with a beard. He doesn't look as muscular with it for some reason.
I know Ketil is a nice guy, but I also didn't expect him to be that soft. He even teared up upon hearing of Sture's situation.

Aw, sucks for Einar. Arnheid and Ketil are already in that kind of relationship. Also, why does Ketil's wife look like a grandma? I thought she was Ketil's mom. Haha!
Jan 7, 4:11 AM

Apr 2013
Best episode so far, informations about the bosses on the farm was interesting.
Mar 11, 10:59 PM

Mar 2016
I don't recall seeing Einar encouraging Thorifnn to pray like that in the manga, two grown men shouting at the top of their lungs in the woods, lol amusing.

Ketil is a kind man during peaceful times, but his position demands respect. Thieves should be punished, especially if they stole willingly. That boy is lucky he got beatings instead, had he lost both of his hands, he'd be nothing more than dead weight.
Mar 26, 12:10 PM
Jun 2019
solid solid solid solid
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Yesterday

30 by Bolona07 »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

486 by dhell26 »»
Apr 26, 9:00 PM

» Would u like this?

DerpySven - Apr 21

26 by Spoopy69 »»
Apr 24, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

374 by flyswatter »»
Apr 21, 1:55 PM

» About Ketil...

th3sleeper - Apr 20

6 by BipulGamer07 »»
Apr 20, 5:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.