Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 9, 2022 6:12 PM
Nov 2021
I feel this season lacked proper pacing. I loved it, but still.
I'm a manga reader and if paced properly, the show could have shown som crazy action scenes and plot development.
What are your thoughts?
Dec 9, 2022 6:18 PM
Dec 2020
Honestly felt like they spent most of their budget on the first cour.

Nothing too crazy has happened yet during this part.
Dec 9, 2022 6:22 PM

Feb 2021
The pacing is fine for me, not to fast not too slow.

I will say they had to cut a lot stuff in the last episode, like most of the tennis matches so they could save time.
Dec 9, 2022 6:23 PM
Feb 2015
this series is barely about the development though i agree what they've adapted has been weaker than first cour, but that's only because they seem to be adapting EVERYTHING so i find it hard to complain. no way in hell this isnt getting fully adapted
Dec 9, 2022 6:59 PM

Dec 2021
It's fine to me. I think they purposefully paced it such a way that they can end the season with some nice Liod-Yor moments.
Dec 9, 2022 7:39 PM
May 2021
i really enjoyed the pacing, the only thing as a manga reader that im disappointed about is them adding anime original content while not adapting my favorite special chapter. i understand why they didnt as the chapter is a little rediculous but i still wanted to see it adapted regardless
Dec 9, 2022 8:29 PM
Oct 2022
i am satisfied as long as i get to see yor♥️
Dec 9, 2022 8:34 PM

Mar 2021
_Douma_ said:

real shit right there my brother
Dec 9, 2022 10:32 PM

Mar 2021
Filler is always better than cut content
Dec 9, 2022 11:00 PM

Aug 2021
i think the pacing was fine. i think people forget this show is pretty episodic. each episode is called “mission #x” so pretty much each episode is it’s own mini story to make one big story so there’s really nothing wrong with the pacing. if you were to say there’s not much advancement in the main story than that’s a fair point but even so the show isn’t trying to tell much of one anyway
Dec 9, 2022 11:11 PM

Oct 2021
It fell off pretty hard, but it's still really enjoyable (as long as you stop expecting crazy action and mystery and accept that it's a comedy on family.)

I agree that the pacing was really slow this time around, but hopefully, they'll end the season on a good note. I also felt like most of the budget went to the first cour as the second one didn't feel as meticulously done as the first. Though I'm not complaining since I know Wit Studio isn't in a good place right now and only wish them the best.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Dec 10, 2022 1:07 AM
Apr 2022
Honestly I like the slow pacing. spy x family isn’t only an action show and it’s nice to have episodes that are just chill. I think anime watchers have been used to EXTREMELY fast pacing from other new animes. But it’s okay to take it slow.
Dec 10, 2022 3:16 AM
May 2022
I feel like after the Prime Minister bombing arc it was mainly filler and boring. However the introduction of nightfall has brought more enjoyment to the anime again and I hope it continues to build on it.
Dec 10, 2022 4:04 AM
Jul 2018
my bro loid almost died out of one of those bug zapper rackets last episode. what do you mean there's no crazy action scenes?? that's golden content right there.
Dec 10, 2022 5:49 AM
Nov 2021
_Douma_ said:

Makes perfect sense.
Dec 10, 2022 5:53 AM
Nov 2021
leeofthevalley said:
Honestly I like the slow pacing. spy x family isn’t only an action show and it’s nice to have episodes that are just chill. I think anime watchers have been used to EXTREMELY fast pacing from other new animes. But it’s okay to take it slow.

I loved it, not going to deny it. Just saying, from the manga's perspective, if the pacing was a bit faster, we would have gotten extremely cute and wholesome moments, WITH some more action. personally I like this slice of life style, but the biggest complaint people have this for cour is less plot development. But I love it for what it is.
Cheers.
Dec 10, 2022 7:38 AM

Apr 2013
It's slow but that's just how this part of the story is tbh. Season 2 should be much better than this part since it will adapt the great cruise arc.
Dec 10, 2022 7:54 AM
Jun 2020
PriinceYuki said:
I also felt like most of the budget went to the first cour as the second one didn't feel as meticulously done as the first.

After watching today's episode I feel that the budget is still present more than ever, they just know where and when to apply it.
Dec 10, 2022 12:05 PM
Aug 2022
_Douma_ said:

so understandable
Dec 10, 2022 5:19 PM
Jul 2022
Feels like it for me. I really like the first part, so far the second season hasn't really done it for me. Hopefully the plot starts moving forward in the next season.
Dec 10, 2022 6:23 PM
Dec 2019
Bro pacing is a human construct, how is pacing even an issue, i can sit through 1044 episodes of one piece and not complain about the pacing. This anime has less than 24 episodes, so for it to have pacing issues? You’re buggin, now if you want to talk about if this anime is starting to fall off then yeah it is, but pacing? Its fine as far as I’m concerned.
Dec 10, 2022 6:51 PM

Dec 2013
Anime only here. I still enjoy the show but I gotta say the slow pacing and development has really felt like wasted potential for this show. A lot of episodes have just felt a little too much like filler. I'm not saying the show should be all drama and plot but I think a little more drama and character development would really add good contrast to the slice of life-y bits.

I mean, the core concept of the show has soo much potential, but it doesn't really feel like it is capitalizing on it. I wanted to see our core family members hidden lives conflicting with each other a bit and see how they resolve it and strengthen their bonds in the process. But there has been very little of that.

It seems like too many episodes are focusing on one-off plots revolving around mostly one character that do little to grow the characters, their relationships or the overarching plot. for example the fact that Yor is an assassin has hardly come up at all in a real way other than saving Anya from some thugs and making jokes about how the seemingly sweet housewife is scary strong. The fact we're almost through the second cour and there's been no conflict between Yors job as an assassin and loid's job as a spy just feels like a huge waste. Or even yor's secret police brother that they introduced but has realistically mostly just been used to make sis-con jokes.

Honestly there's been like 4-5 episodes so far (counting both cour) that I feel like they probably could have mostly cut and the show would have been better for it.
thedrynessDec 10, 2022 7:10 PM
Dec 10, 2022 7:02 PM

Dec 2013
RequiemLo64 said:
Bro pacing is a human construct, how is pacing even an issue, i can sit through 1044 episodes of one piece and not complain about the pacing. This anime has less than 24 episodes, so for it to have pacing issues? You’re buggin, now if you want to talk about if this anime is starting to fall off then yeah it is, but pacing? Its fine as far as I’m concerned.

The idea that you watch 1000 episode series therefore a 24 episode series can't possibly have poor pacing is a pretty wild argument to make. Plenty of one cour series have bad pacing. A movie can have bad pacing. Anything can have bad pacing regardless of the length.
Dec 10, 2022 7:14 PM
Dec 2019
thedryness said:
RequiemLo64 said:

The idea that you watch 1000 episode series therefore a 24 episode series can't possibly have poor pacing is a pretty wild argument to make. Plenty of one cour series have bad pacing. A movie can have bad pacing. Anything can have bad pacing regardless of the length.

I wouldn’t say so, I’ve never seen an anime with bad pacing, (you can give me 10 anime with quote on quote bad pacing and I’ll still say you’re wrong) movies usually won’t have bad pacing, I’ve yet to see one that does, most movies cover up to 2 hours of watch time, if you can’t tell a story, (canon or not) get from point A to Z, or even establish the 5 w’s and a resolution in less than 2 hours then maybe i’ll budge and say “aye, fix this _”.

As for Spy x family (yes i out emphasis on the x) it doesn’t have pacing issues as far as I’ve watched.
Dec 10, 2022 7:23 PM

Dec 2013
RequiemLo64 said:

I’ve never seen an anime with bad pacing

Again, WILD... but if that's the case you simply don't understand the concept of pacing well enough to discern when the pacing is bad or not.
Dec 10, 2022 7:28 PM
Dec 2019
thedryness said:
RequiemLo64 said:

I’ve never seen an anime with bad pacing

Again, WILD... but if that's the case you simply don't understand the concept of pacing well enough to discern when the pacing is bad or not.

No, I’m just a guy on the internet who clearly isn’t hard to please, I’m grateful i get to watch works of art, i’m not a licensed critic, a critic with a degree, or a self imposed critc on Mal. Before i didn’t used to read manga but i find myself reading it now, do i notice minor differences yeah, nothing that kills what i’m watching or reading :)
Dec 10, 2022 10:55 PM
Mar 2014
arkasan03 said:
I feel like after the Prime Minister bombing arc it was mainly filler and boring. However the introduction of nightfall has brought more enjoyment to the anime again and I hope it continues to build on it.

Lol wut. It was one of the better arcs in both seasons. A fantastic way to kick off season two with its three parts and introducing Bond.
Dec 12, 2022 2:51 AM
Jun 2009
Yisus96 said:
arkasan03 said:

Lol wut. It was one of the better arcs in both seasons. A fantastic way to kick off season two with its three parts and introducing Bond.

There's only one season.
Dec 13, 2022 12:09 AM
Jan 2018
There’s like 72 chapters and probably half of those don’t actually have any main plot , just sol comedy chapters with one off /episodic chapters.

And they probably have adapted or going to adapt like 33-34 chapters , so they probably told they couldn’t skip to go to certain point so they slowed the pacing down.
Dec 13, 2022 3:01 AM

Oct 2010
what plot development? that's just the setting, the only thing that matters are the shenanigans of the Forgers and the show provides 100%, I swear, fanboys are on another level
Dec 15, 2022 10:40 PM

Oct 2019
The only thing I'm disappointed about is that we didn't get the boat arc :(
Dec 18, 2022 1:52 AM

Jun 2013
i dont think the pacing is bad the schtick just got stale
Dec 24, 2022 5:26 PM
Mar 2022
I'm not a spy, but I'm sure real ones would tell you that not everything is action packed and that a big part of the job is to wait for some things to play out or more "boring things". I think is quite a mature approach that the show is not afraid to reflect that. Sometimes, the history will focus on "less exciting things" like Anya school life, Yor's insecurities, Lloid's other job, for me it's fine.

If I had one little complain about the second part, is that they (so far skipped) the chapter of SPOILER ALERT FOR MANGA Yor getting shot in the ass and going on a date. 

That's where I stopped reading waiting for part 2, thinking it would be the first episode and it didn't come up. They'll probably put it in at some point.
Jan 3, 2023 12:19 AM

Oct 2008
The 1st season of this show, was half fine and half average. In p1 I found it at least entertaining. But in p2 it became hard to watch. Not boring, not annoying, just hard, bordering on cringe.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

361 by enessenpai0 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2022

221 by FoodFan364 »»
May 9, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2022

254 by boumboumboum »»
May 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Dec 17, 2022

256 by enessenpai0 »»
May 7, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2022

254 by Myzt2 »»
Apr 20, 6:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.