Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 13, 2022 4:42 AM
Sep 2020
Maybe the first season rushed a lot, but I feel like the pacing this season is too slow to get excited about anything. The first episodes were okey, but I enjoyed the first part of the series a lot more than this one.
Nov 13, 2022 4:47 AM

Feb 2010
I am really enjoying this season but maybe it's because I read the manga and keep my expectations realistic
Nov 13, 2022 4:50 AM
Feb 2022
I thought I was the only one I want to keep watching but it’s hard to keep forcing myself to, I just don’t enjoy it as much as s1
lSoulPunisherlNov 13, 2022 4:56 AM
Nov 13, 2022 4:54 AM
Jul 2021
If it's getting old for you and the comedy isn't hitting like it used to then I'd ask a manga reader if it's worth sticking with it. Otherwise move on. Personally I loved the last episode Anya's the best.
Nov 13, 2022 4:55 AM
Nov 2020
yeah honestly it's missing heart I feel. just going through the motions of a sitcom, which is fine, just not what endeared me to the show. because I don't find it to be that funny. honestly my favorite part of pt2 so far has been the OP.
Nov 13, 2022 4:59 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
Both two parts feel stale to me, there're many comedy Anime with low score have better humour than this.
Nov 13, 2022 5:03 AM

Jan 2019
Yeah this show really baits you in with thinking it's gonna be a groovy spy thriller when it ends up being a slice of life comedy where the comedy doesn't always land.

Nov 13, 2022 5:30 AM
Jan 2021
I enjoy it just as much as the first season. I feel bad for you guys

Do y’all not like SoL’s?
official_brownNov 13, 2022 5:34 AM
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Nov 13, 2022 5:33 AM
Jan 2021
ForeverTraitor said:
Yeah this show really baits you in with thinking it's gonna be a groovy spy thriller when it ends up being a slice of life comedy where the comedy doesn't always land.

It doesn’t trick you at all, the tags say SoL, comedy, and child care. It “acting” like a cool spy movie is a part of its dry humor.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Nov 13, 2022 5:45 AM
Mar 2022
Kind of agree. Episodes focus on two separate stories now, I still think that it's kind of funny but not as charming as part 1
Nov 13, 2022 5:45 AM

Sep 2020
I was cackling like a hyena at some of the school scenes in the last two episodes. The other aspects are boring as hell but I'm used to that.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 13, 2022 5:51 AM
Nov 2020
I’m enjoying this season as much as the first. I don’t think it’s gotten stale but the last episode was a miss for me. Otherwise it’s been exactly what I expected. It’s cute and funny.
Nov 13, 2022 6:17 AM
Jul 2021
official_brown said:
I enjoy it just as much as the first season. I feel bad for you guys

Do y’all not like SoL’s?

I feel the same way I honestly may even be enjoying the second cour slightly more. I think people that don't love SoL are disappointed by how much of a SoL the show is rn but I'm loving the character driven comedy because I think the characters are great.
Nov 13, 2022 6:36 AM
Sep 2020
Xacobe01 said:
Maybe the first season rushed a lot, but I feel like the pacing this season is too slow to get excited about anything. The first episodes were okey, but I enjoyed the first part of the series a lot more than this one.

As manga reader yeah I kinda agree the way they arranged the chapters make the bridge chapters feel longer than it's in manga

But I can assured you that it's over and the next two episode will probably start a new arc
Nov 13, 2022 7:36 AM
Jul 2018
The first season was relatively good but while watching the second I'm mostly bored. I don't know, maybe I had huge expectations after the first one and that's why I'm not enjoying it as I should. Anyway, I hope the others find it interesting.
Nov 13, 2022 7:41 AM
Jul 2018
Xacobe01 said:

All of spy x family is considered as 1 season not 2 seasons
Nov 13, 2022 7:47 AM
Nov 2021
I much preferred the part 1 but I still like part 2. I feel like some episodes in part 2 just don’t hit as much as the episodes in part 1, but there is still episodes I like just as much such as the latest episode.
Nov 13, 2022 8:07 AM
Aug 2021
everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but i think it was happening at the beginning of part 2. now though, things are picking up and I haven't been let down the past 3-4 episodes
Nov 13, 2022 8:25 AM
May 2021
It’s a SoL… like it’s doing exactly what the genre speaks for. It’s still funny and wholesome just as much as part 1
Nov 13, 2022 8:38 AM
Aug 2021
it's a short mission. In some episodes you can see 2 chapters being adapted and some has 1 and a short mission. it's not bad but I'd prefer if they use the main story so I can get the anime I want. I enjoyed the manga alot more so if you didn't feel it then the manga is 100% better. Just like csm if you didn't really like the anime the manga was better imo but it still haven't been a season yet so I'll wait and see
Nov 13, 2022 9:52 AM
May 2022
it's been slow since ep 4 or 5 and comedy is average. i want some bond moments but sadly it is not happening. also action is also lacking this season. Yor and Loid should give us some serious action fights. so far i will rate this season 6.5-7/10
Nov 13, 2022 9:55 AM
Jul 2021
lSoulPunisherl said:
I thought I was the only one I want to keep watching but it’s hard to keep forcing myself to, I just don’t enjoy it as much as s1

Same dude .. :/🗿
Nov 13, 2022 9:57 AM
Nov 2020
I’m only on episode 4 and I’ve been looking for an excuse to drop it so…thx now I have a good reason to drop it
Nov 13, 2022 10:09 AM

Jul 2019
official_brown said:
ForeverTraitor said:

It doesn’t trick you at all, the tags say SoL, comedy, and child care. It “acting” like a cool spy movie is a part of its dry humor.

Well, it can be argued the first episode or so of part 1 does trick you to think of it that way.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Nov 13, 2022 10:14 AM
May 2021
I highly disagree, i dont understand why people want to rush through the story, the whole point of this show is to develop the family dynamic and have them grow as characters slowly, thats what the show is doing, its not a plot based show its character based and meant to slowly unveil the plot while having comedy. Comedy is subjective so i can understand if someone just isnt entertained by it but i find it hilarious
Nov 13, 2022 10:18 AM
Feb 2020
Well an Oyasuni Plaigirization enjoyer doesnt really matter. Your views on anime are irrelevant. Its not made for you to enjoy.
Nov 13, 2022 10:51 AM

Aug 2018
giffica said:
Well an Oyasuni Plaigirization enjoyer doesnt really matter. Your views on anime are irrelevant. Its not made for you to enjoy.

jeez man calm down with the salt 😭😭

Nov 13, 2022 11:38 AM
Aug 2021
yes I think it is getting stale
Nov 13, 2022 11:40 AM

Apr 2020
Nope. The pace was pretty much always like this, from the beginning.
It's not the kind of Show that jumps from Showdown to Showdown.

It's just you.
Nov 13, 2022 12:10 PM

Oct 2021
Kinda yea. It's just not as good as the previous part and probably wont meet certain people's expectations.

When it first began airing I couldn't wait to watch it each week. Now it's in my pile of animes to binge once the season ends. It's just slow paced comedy and sol whereas I'd hoped it'd be more of a mystery spy thriller with action and suspense. Yor is more of a clumsy mother than an assassin, Loid is more of an incognito teacher than a secret spy, and Anya has turned into the comedic centerpiece of the show.

Don't get me wrong, the anime is still good, but compared to it's first part, the amount of hype and love for this show has really dropped, and that's predominantly because of the slow pacing and focus on slice of life. At the end of the day Endou-sensei probably created the series to be like this in the first place so most fans are adjusting their expectations to continue enjoying it.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Nov 13, 2022 1:39 PM

Mar 2017
What, really? I think the 2nd part is even better than the first so far. It's wild to me how many people vary in opinions like this.
Nov 13, 2022 1:48 PM

Dec 2013
It might just be because of the split cour but I'm not really feeling like it's getting stale. A little formulaic I guess but I still love every episode so far.
Nov 13, 2022 2:09 PM
Jun 2020
I honestly blame the adaptation, in the manga it didn't feel THAT slow as in the anime, I'm even surprised they're still not animating the tennis tournament arc.
Nov 13, 2022 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
Nah I have really had any problems with staleness. I think people are expecting some sort of spy thriller when it's quite clearly a comedy/slice of life series.
Nov 13, 2022 3:52 PM
May 2022
kizumi91 said:
Both two parts feel stale to me, there're many comedy Anime with low score have better humour than this.

Dare I mention Spy x Family isn't all that funny in the level of trying hard to appeal to preschool? (Spy vs Spy is a lot more entertaining than this.)
Nov 13, 2022 5:53 PM
Jan 2021
Xacobe01 said:

Everyones just saying its getting stale because of the community's overly high expectations. Nothing in the show has changed and it will continue being like this
Nov 13, 2022 8:08 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Yeah honestly I’m sort of feeling that way too.

Part one was a clear 9/10 for me but part two is around 7-8.
Nov 13, 2022 8:27 PM

Aug 2021
i love spy x family because i think i have reasonable expectations for it. it seems a lot of people expect so much from it because of the massive hype and are expecting some crazy amazing story but that’s not at all what it’s supposed to be. it’s just supposed to be a cute and wholesome show with a story that’s enough to keep it together but at the end of the day it’s just a fun comedy and if you expect some amazing story you’ll be disappointed. if you watch it just looking for a fun comedy you’ll enjoy it.
Nov 13, 2022 8:52 PM
Jun 2022
PriinceYuki said:
Kinda yea. It's just not as good as the previous part and probably wont meet certain people's expectations.

When it first began airing I couldn't wait to watch it each week. Now it's in my pile of animes to binge once the season ends. It's just slow paced comedy and sol whereas I'd hoped it'd be more of a mystery spy thriller with action and suspense. Yor is more of a clumsy mother than an assassin, Loid is more of an incognito teacher than a secret spy, and Anya has turned into the comedic centerpiece of the show.

Don't get me wrong, the anime is still good, but compared to it's first part, the amount of hype and love for this show has really dropped, and that's predominantly because of the slow pacing and focus on slice of life. At the end of the day Endou-sensei probably created the series to be like this in the first place so most fans are adjusting their expectations to continue enjoying it.

this is exactly how I feel.
Nov 13, 2022 9:04 PM
Mar 2022
BruhGSU said:
it's a short mission. In some episodes you can see 2 chapters being adapted and some has 1 and a short mission. it's not bad but I'd prefer if they use the main story so I can get the anime I want. I enjoyed the manga alot more so if you didn't feel it then the manga is 100% better. Just like csm if you didn't really like the anime the manga was better imo but it still haven't been a season yet so I'll wait and see

that makes more sense
Nov 13, 2022 10:58 PM
Jan 2021
I think people are going expecting more action spy stuff rather than the slice of life family stuff we are actually getting
Nov 14, 2022 12:02 AM

May 2013
I feel like the show has gotten better. In season 1, it's easy to forget, but by now we had a couple weak episodes. The latest episode imo was the first weaker episode. I feel like we saw more action in season 1 because they were still introducing everything, and so if you like that part of the show more then you won't be as interested, but I'd say the show has gotten better over all, even if it has less action.
Nov 14, 2022 12:34 AM

Oct 2020
I don’t personally love the episodes that focus on Anya at school. Like they’re always some variation of Anya failing at school, shenanigans with Damian, and Loid worrying about the mission…
Nov 15, 2022 7:12 AM
Oct 2020
I haven't read the manga so I'm not 100% sure what I am about to write is correct but I do share the sentiment so here is my thoughts

Firstly, some of the guys here said that if you don't like SoL you won't like the second cour. I've watched and quite like Yuru Camp, Non Non Biyori, Girl Last Tour, heck, I'd argue Konosuba is also a SoL, and I enjoy all of em. Thing is, from the 1st cour, I don't feel like Spy x Family was set up to be a SoL, since they kinda have deadlines for operation strix and stuff (I mean, usually with SoL, first episode is enough to give context so the rest would be characters and their shenanigans and what not), so for it to suddenly became a SoL just doesn't sit right with me

Secondly, even if it was a SoL from the get go, the pacing is just pretty bad. A standard 12 episodes series with 25 minutes run time usually covers around 40 chapters right, so an episode would covers around 3.5 chapters. Episode 16-19, every each of them, feels like it only covers 2 chapters (because they have 2 titles in an episode now for some reason). I've tried (on rewatch) skipping 10 seconds a bunch and I didn't really feel like missing anything.

I'd say it's a bit too early to call it boring, but I do feel like the recent episodes have a dip in enjoyment factor though
Nov 15, 2022 9:12 AM
Nov 2022
stickfiguresama said:
I haven't read the manga so I'm not 100% sure what I am about to write is correct but I do share the sentiment so here is my thoughts

Firstly, some of the guys here said that if you don't like SoL you won't like the second cour. I've watched and quite like Yuru Camp, Non Non Biyori, Girl Last Tour, heck, I'd argue Konosuba is also a SoL, and I enjoy all of em. Thing is, from the 1st cour, I don't feel like Spy x Family was set up to be a SoL, since they kinda have deadlines for operation strix and stuff (I mean, usually with SoL, first episode is enough to give context so the rest would be characters and their shenanigans and what not), so for it to suddenly became a SoL just doesn't sit right with me

Secondly, even if it was a SoL from the get go, the pacing is just pretty bad. A standard 12 episodes series with 25 minutes run time usually covers around 40 chapters right, so an episode would covers around 3.5 chapters. Episode 16-19, every each of them, feels like it only covers 2 chapters (because they have 2 titles in an episode now for some reason). I've tried (on rewatch) skipping 10 seconds a bunch and I didn't really feel like missing anything.

I'd say it's a bit too early to call it boring, but I do feel like the recent episodes have a dip in enjoyment factor though
it was shit from first episode
Nov 16, 2022 3:10 PM
Jan 2021
I definitely enjoyed more season 1 though I don't dislike season 2 I just think is very slow paced
Nov 16, 2022 3:15 PM

Jan 2022
Other than the first couple episodes with the doggie it kinda feels like it's been like 90% filler. Sure it still gets a laugh out of me here and there and I can't really say it I'm not having fun still, but it doesn't feel like a banger the way the first season did.
-insert NGE meme here-
Jan 3, 2023 1:32 AM

Oct 2008
It's just disappointing at this point. Whatever p1 had, wore of at the beginning of p2. I guess this is all Spy x Family amounted to.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

361 by enessenpai0 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2022

221 by FoodFan364 »»
May 9, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2022

254 by boumboumboum »»
May 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Dec 17, 2022

256 by enessenpai0 »»
May 7, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2022

254 by Myzt2 »»
Apr 20, 6:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.