Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 21, 2020 12:12 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
I just finished the third live action movie and was wondering if you guys think there will be a fourth season/OVA. Live action spoils enough of the obvious... and also even a little bit of what we have seen as far as the dynamic between characters but do you think we will see a Meijin match?
Jan 23, 2021 12:32 PM

Mar 2013
Kaguyachinchin said:
I just finished the third live action movie and was wondering if you guys think there will be a fourth season/OVA. Live action spoils enough of the obvious... and also even a little bit of what we have seen as far as the dynamic between characters but do you think we will see a Meijin match?

I think it is very likely, given that the Manga is still ongoing and there's still a lot of stuff left to cover. From what I know is that Chihayafuru 3 also was very popular so it looks good.
Plus the Studio has mentioned before that Chihayafuru is very "special" to them so I don't think it will end just here.
https://twitter.com/yuyu2000_0908/status/1240097759958405120

However I think it won't happen anytime soon, given the time between the 2nd season and the 3rd season... phewwww. Maybe once the Manga has ended?
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Jul 21, 2023 1:35 AM

Jul 2021
sirenix said:
Kaguyachinchin said:

I think it is very likely, given that the Manga is still ongoing and there's still a lot of stuff left to cover. From what I know is that Chihayafuru 3 also was very popular so it looks good.
Plus the Studio has mentioned before that Chihayafuru is very "special" to them so I don't think it will end just here.

However I think it won't happen anytime soon, given the time between the 2nd season and the 3rd season... phewwww. Maybe once the Manga has ended?
it's already been a year since the manga has ended and it seems like there is a lot left to adapt. i can't imagine waiting for 7 years for a new season. i really hope this is picked up again. after seeing that tweet i don't know what's preventing them.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 6, 3:21 AM

Jun 2009
Reply to TsutanaiFuun
sirenix said:
Kaguyachinchin said:

it's already been a year since the manga has ended and it seems like there is a lot left to adapt. i can't imagine waiting for 7 years for a new season. i really hope this is picked up again. after seeing that tweet i don't know what's preventing them.
@TsutanaiFuun A lot of factors might be giving them cold feet. It really depends on the fan reception for both the manga and the anime, and the ratings, and physical media sales in Japan. Anyone got those stats?
Feb 6, 5:19 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to superstaff
@TsutanaiFuun A lot of factors might be giving them cold feet. It really depends on the fan reception for both the manga and the anime, and the ratings, and physical media sales in Japan. Anyone got those stats?
@superstaff they're all pretty good afaik

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Feb 2022
Crikey, i was looking through a VAs list of previous roles and had not realised its been 5 years now, i know there was serious gaps previously but sadly a S4 is not looking good.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2019

46 by fathandz »»
Yesterday, 9:35 AM

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

22 by mythical_k »»
May 27, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.