Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 20, 2015 1:52 AM

Jan 2009
Hibernape said:
Ononoki laying down some words of wisdom. I think this really was the point in Araragi's life where he realized that he needed to set himself straight and become a better person (which we saw in Hanamonogatari).

"Staying misfortunate is negligence, and not trying to become happy is cowardice."

A story in your life might end, but that doesn't mean you stop living. You can still make the best out of the worst endings. Just live with it and work hard towards making a better one for the sequel.
This was another great part of the episode.

Otherwise: This episode was amazing. As for the whole season, hmmh, this was a more in-depth season if you ask me and I'm not sure I catched all the the greatness of it. I might have to rewatch this.

8/10 for me.
Dec 20, 2015 2:27 AM

Jul 2015
Final episode was done excellently. The "conflict" between Araragi and Seishiro was a bit strange, but the aftermath was good, Shinobu eating Seishiro, with her forgiving him after 400 years, and showing regret for not meeting him with tears in her eyes, also saying that she values Araragi more than Seishiro right now... Which is why she feels sorrow for Seishiro - is what I believe.
Dec 20, 2015 2:33 AM

Aug 2015
Think this was one my favorite arc.
Dec 20, 2015 4:37 AM

Oct 2014
Such an amazing series...Owarimonogatari is totally one of the best in the whole series..Seeing Shinobu cry got me in tears.. Now we just have to wait for Kizumonogatari and i hope someone subs Koyomimonogatari when its out.
why
Dec 20, 2015 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
Well AOTS for me in this totally shit fall season. 9/10

The ost was strong this ep(really liked it), along with arargi's monologue.
removed-userDec 20, 2015 6:01 AM
Dec 20, 2015 6:19 AM

Sep 2014
A fitting end to a great season of Monogatari. It was more character-focused than Tsuki which I approve of.
Dec 20, 2015 6:47 AM

Jan 2014
Kanbaru is so cute
Need Kizu for filling the black hole in the story
Oshino Ougi still mysterious
Dec 20, 2015 7:24 AM

Aug 2010
Really liked the conversation between Araragi and Senjougahara. It also ties in with the overall theme of this arc and episode.

Seishiro's end was pretty emotional and I got teary eyed when Shinobu appeared.
Dec 20, 2015 7:27 AM

Oct 2012
I honestly don't care for Shinobu and her story so I didn't enjoy this arc as much as the previous three.
this episode was great though thanks to senjougahara and yotsugi. nice dialogues, exactly what I like about this show.
7/10

Dec 20, 2015 7:36 AM

Sep 2013
One of the weaker seasons, putting it behind Tsuki, SS, Bake and Hana for me. A good ending, I feel a rewatch is truly needed to get the full picture.
Dec 20, 2015 7:44 AM

Apr 2014
Well I liked the end card.
---------My Profile------------
Dec 20, 2015 8:03 AM

Feb 2015

Somehow, the episode felt so sad. i feel bad for shinobu.
it was a good ending. that's all i can say.
Overall i like this series. the arc was interesting as usual. the arc that i like is Ougi arc, the beginning arc, i like that one the most :).
i will give 9/10 for this series. i enjoy it so much.

Thanks for the show :D
Dec 20, 2015 10:03 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Baitdragon16 said:
The only thing on my mind right now is if Araragi ended up getting laid .

It's been heavily implied a couple of times that Senjougahara and Araragi have gotten intimate already at this point of the story. Watch the last episode of the first arc in Nisemonogatari (the bit where they are standing leaning up to the fence.).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 20, 2015 10:08 AM

Jun 2013
No Hitagi Rendezvous. I am little disappointed about that.
Dec 20, 2015 10:22 AM
Jul 2012
Luke72 said:
Good final. Good season. Now we just wait for Kizumonogatari, Koyomimonogatari, Owarimonogatari Gekan, Zoku Owarimonogatari...

Does anyone know if Shaft is even considering doing Owarimonogatari Gekan and Zoku Owarimonogatari? If they are, I could die happy.
Dec 20, 2015 10:25 AM
Jun 2011
Aquarius215 said:
Luke72 said:
Good final. Good season. Now we just wait for Kizumonogatari, Koyomimonogatari, Owarimonogatari Gekan, Zoku Owarimonogatari...

Does anyone know if Shaft is even considering doing Owarimonogatari Gekan and Zoku Owarimonogatari? If they are, I could die happy.

I believe the rest of Owari is in planning.

More importantly, Shaft has said something along the lines of 'we will adapt every monogatari novel that Nisio Isin releases,' so it's fairly likely we'll see it all done.
Dec 20, 2015 10:31 AM

Mar 2013
Well just finished this, to be frank I am getting pretty bored with the series so a 6/10 from me.

Dec 20, 2015 12:33 PM
Jan 2010
The first arc was good but I didn't like this one very much. Maybe this show is starting to overstay its welcome.
Dec 20, 2015 12:35 PM

Apr 2014
StardustReverie said:
The first arc was good but I didn't like this one very much. Maybe this show is starting to overstay its welcome.
i guess ppl are so used to seeing 1 season that franchises is a bit uncomfortable for them

this is just a case of a weaker arc
Dec 20, 2015 2:24 PM

Jan 2012
Currently have it as a 10/10 (Might just be because I am still hyped about it) , however I might drop the score down to 9/10. It was a good conclusion to the Monogatari series , however I do feel that there were a few loose ends. I will re-watch the series in chronological order (yes "wrong" order) just to get a better idea of the timeline and try to pick up on details I missed previously.
Dec 20, 2015 4:05 PM

Mar 2013
I think we had a bit of a continuity error..

His clothes are way more tore apart on the last episode of Tsubasa Tiger Arc than they are by the end of this arc.
Because of that i expected more action in the fight sequence.

Here´s an image showin´ what I mean...

Dec 20, 2015 7:19 PM

Jun 2013
If you guys are thinking this was good (it was indeed), wait until you all see the 2nd cour.

Mayoi Hell, Hitagi Rendezvous and Ougi Dark are going to be awesome. Can't wait.

Also, 9/10 for this first part.
Dec 21, 2015 12:51 AM
Oct 2014
Baitdragon16 said:
The only thing on my mind right now is if Araragi ended up getting laid .

Yes he did. End of the Kaki arc in Nisemonogatari, which aired a long time ago, when Senjougahara tells Araragi that she would finally give up the most precious thing she has to Araragi. Even Owarimonogatri hints that Araragi and Senjougahara has an active sexual relationship - Hitagi basically implied to Araragi that the deep conversation they had with each other in Episode 12, should be continued during Pillow-talk.
Dec 21, 2015 12:58 AM

Jan 2008
"Hito-Tachi" = One blow or one hit, but can also mean "Hito" (Person) Tachi (Touch)... NisioIsin and his puns.

Yume Watari--sounds familiar. Where was that from again? Now I'm wonder whens the next Monogatari series is going to be adapted after Kizumonogatari airs.
Dec 21, 2015 1:47 AM

Feb 2015
4kicks said:
"Hito-Tachi" = One blow or one hit, but can also mean "Hito" (Person) Tachi (Touch)... NisioIsin and his puns.

Yume Watari--sounds familiar. Where was that from again? Now I'm wonder whens the next Monogatari series is going to be adapted after Kizumonogatari airs.

Yumewatari is the other sword (besides Kokorawatari), with the characteristic that can revive oddities.
Dec 21, 2015 4:00 AM

Nov 2012
People first off i like this season as well. But i still have a few questions.
First is what happened this episodes just before when Araragi-kun saves Hanawa from the big white tiger? Probably not but have to ask still. Also dit Shinobu left Aragi-kun afterwards? Also is this the very end of Aragi's story or not? It seems like some things are still left unsolved or something and i heard this was the very last ( hope i heard wrong :S ). I think i have some more questions but let just start with this for now.

Edit: Is the order of the series even the complete correct order as MAL states it?
johnyjohnyDec 21, 2015 4:04 AM
Dec 21, 2015 6:00 AM

Jan 2015
I really cannot believe that this can be the end of the series? Among a lot of unresolved things ^, I'm mainly still confused about Ougi - what the hell is that thing? They confused me so much with her presence and it's still not been answered. If there's nothing about her I'm really disappointed.
pufonDDec 21, 2015 6:03 AM
Dec 21, 2015 6:30 AM

Dec 2014
juliagatari said:
I think we had a bit of a continuity error..

His clothes are way more tore apart on the last episode of Tsubasa Tiger Arc than they are by the end of this arc.
Because of that i expected more action in the fight sequence.

Here´s an image showin´ what I mean...

Well from Tsubasa tiger, it was from Hanekawa's point of view. So Araragi would look more badass with his clothes more torn than they actually were since she's in love with him and all.
I need sleep.
Dec 21, 2015 7:21 AM

Jun 2008
The whole Monogatari series is out of order....so this isn't really "The End".

Personally, I thought this was indeed a good season/arc/whatever.....but we've seen much stronger stuff from Monogatari.

Monogatari season two IS and continues to be the gold standard....everything that 26 episode season did was absolutely amazing and I just don't think we will get anything better than that.

With that being said, this was in fact my favorite anime of the Fall season....which isn't saying a lot since the fall season was weak IMO.

8/10....which amazingly is the LOWEST rating I've ever given ANY monogatari season/OVAs/anything.

I just didn't think it was that strong....the final two episodes were great, but the rest wasn't up to par from what I've come to expect from Monogatari.

I'm super excited about Kizu and Koyomimonogatari and if they adapt any other monogatari novels.

This has already become my ALL TIME favorite anime series.....everything from Bakemonogatari until now.

From the characters to the stories, to the glorious ecchi....Monogatari is the real anime MVP and should be thoroughly praised for it's amazing body of work.

one last screen shot....

^My nigga Araragi....Best MC ever!!!!
Dec 21, 2015 8:07 AM

Jul 2012
Reading all the positive comments i'm thinking, am i the only one who finds owarimogatari decent at the highest. After watching these 2 arcs i feel like it was nothing special. Don't get me wrong, i like the whole monogatari series. I watched Bake, Nise and 2nd monogatari series couple of times and still can rewatch it now (at least i think so); Hana and Neko was quite good for the specials.
But this season ... The Oikura Sodachi character just didn't give me any emotions. And all the Ougi part - there is no explanation at all where did she come from and what for. Maybe it will be in the future season, but without at least some kind information about her it seems kinda strange.
About the second arc - enjoyed the moments with Gahara-san and Shinobu dialogues (i mean obv with Araragi), but overall the feeling is it just've happened and nothing more.
Neverthless gave it 8/10 cause can't say it was bad. It was certainly good but not at the level with previous ones.
I forgot to mention that i was so hyped about this monogatari season :(
allenjkeDec 21, 2015 1:25 PM
Dec 21, 2015 11:40 AM

Nov 2011
Not the best from the franchise but it was decent i suppose. 7. Kizu, can't wait.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 21, 2015 12:33 PM

Apr 2014
this arc was def better than hana and tsuki so thats that
Dec 21, 2015 1:49 PM

Feb 2011
a bit disappointing, but a fine final episode
liked the first part of the serie much more, oikura and ougi were interesting, suruga alone made the second part more bearable (really can't stand gaen)

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Dec 21, 2015 5:25 PM

Dec 2008
Shinobu's tears...
Dec 21, 2015 6:48 PM

May 2012
Pretty amazing ending if you ask me, I quite liked this season again of the Monogatari series as it had some really amazing character development again!

As expected this series fully captured the atmosphere and setting of not only the Monogatari setting but also Shaft as a studio.

There was a lot of information to swallow on most of the episodes but in the end that made it so damn epic for the overall development.

So all in all a very good part of the overall series I must say!
Dec 21, 2015 10:10 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Shinobu Mail was my least favorite of the four, but it's good overall. Already read Kizumonogatari, but I wanna see it animated still.

Dec 21, 2015 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
the fuck who is ougi?
Dec 22, 2015 1:38 AM
Nov 2010
This season was quite enjoyable, I feel like they stepped it up on the production, too. Next Monogatari, please.
Dec 22, 2015 8:03 AM

Mar 2013
Done!
conflicts resolved and so as Tsubasa Tiger Arc.

I can't wait on part 2!

Too bad that i can only watch Kizu on BDs next year. long wait.

Dec 22, 2015 10:15 AM

Sep 2010
So it ends... Pretty cool ending too...

But my fav. season is still the 1st one...

Finale - 4/5
Season - 7/10
Dec 22, 2015 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
wait why is this over? I thought shaft was adapting whole monogatari series and this was last season?

what about mayoi hell, hitagi rendezvous, and ougi dark?

is there a season 2?
Dec 22, 2015 6:31 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Some people still seem to have questions, and I'm here to answer them to the best of my ability.

ryanstrike said:
No Hitagi Rendezvous. I am little disappointed about that.

Hitagi Rendezvous will eventually be adapted. It's too good of an arc to be left alone.

johnyjohny said:
People first off i like this season as well. But i still have a few questions.
First is what happened this episodes just before when Araragi-kun saves Hanawa from the big white tiger? Probably not but have to ask still. Also dit Shinobu left Aragi-kun afterwards? Also is this the very end of Aragi's story or not? It seems like some things are still left unsolved or something and i heard this was the very last ( hope i heard wrong :S ). I think i have some more questions but let just start with this for now.

Edit: Is the order of the series even the complete correct order as MAL states it?

Yes, this episode is concurrent with the events of Tsubasa Tiger. Araragi defeated the First and rushed to rescue Hanekawa as fast as he could.

No, Shinobu didn't leave Araragi afterwards. They got back to how they used to be. Araragi's story also doesn't end here. There are more to be told.

MAL's arrangement of this series is pretty accurate, more or less. It's just that Monogatari is written in a nonlinear fashion, so it might be confusing to connect the dots at times. Refer to this post for a better understanding of the timeline.

GarudaAiacos said:
wait why is this over? I thought shaft was adapting whole monogatari series and this was last season?

what about mayoi hell, hitagi rendezvous, and ougi dark?

is there a season 2?

Yes, SHAFT has already promised to adapt all of Monogatari. Second cour of Owarimonogatari will be aired in due time. They're currently busy with Kizumonogatari and Koyomimonogatari so I'm thinking late 2016 or mid 2017 at best.

Dec 22, 2015 9:18 PM

Dec 2012
Excellent stuff as always, but I enjoyed second season considerably more.

Giving it an 8/10 because monogatari bias.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 22, 2015 11:24 PM

Jul 2013
I have quick question:
So, now we are supposed to "have all the pieces of the puzzle", as Ougi said, but I don't remember seeing Gaen giving Araragi the "snake-god" talisman which will be eaten by Nadeko in Nadeko Medusa...
Is it the talisman that Araragi used to defeat the First? If it is, why Gaen told Araragi to take care of it instead of just leaving it in the temple?

And also, the scene at the end is after Tsukimonogatari? If so, how are Araragi and Yotsugi in such good terms?
LacertossDec 22, 2015 11:30 PM
Dec 22, 2015 11:54 PM

Nov 2012
@Vindstot
Thanks man. That explains a whole lot. There really happens a lot of shit in august man, that period was very confusing. One thing tho this https://i.imgur.com/mw98DHt.jpg does it no show that Shinobu mail happens after Tsubasa tiger? I'm still a bit confused about that one. Tho the order starts to make cense.
Dec 23, 2015 12:28 AM
Jun 2011
Lacertoss said:
I have quick question:
So, now we are supposed to "have all the pieces of the puzzle", as Ougi said, but I don't remember seeing Gaen giving Araragi the "snake-god" talisman which will be eaten by Nadeko in Nadeko Medusa...
Is it the talisman that Araragi used to defeat the First? If it is, why Gaen told Araragi to take care of it instead of just leaving it in the temple?

And also, the scene at the end is after Tsukimonogatari? If so, how are Araragi and Yotsugi in such good terms?

The talisman he used looked identical to the one Meme had Araragi place on the shrine at the beginning of Nadeko Snake, I think? A place he was at before he went off to fight.

You're right that we haven't seen Gaen give that talisman to him. Perhaps it was mentioned in one of the novels, but it could still be in a chapter of Koyomimonogatari. Additionally, we do not have all of the pieces yet, as we have yet to see Koyomimonogatari. Ougi on the other hand probably does since she knows of it's contents, one would think that is(given how she knows a lot on her own and how Araragi tells her loads of things).

Finally, if you'll remember, at the end of Tsuki, Yotsugi is in the Araragi household(Tsukihi won her from the UFO catcher) and it's been determined(I think by Gaen) that the goal of 'the opposition' was to create a distance between Araragi and Yotsugi, and they wanted to counteract that by having Yotsugi temporarily live there to mend the damage done by Araragi witnessing her kill Tadatsuru. This was in February, and the final scene in this episode is in early March, so there is some time they have to work things out. This is why they are on good terms.

johnyjohny said:
@Vindstot
Thanks man. That explains a whole lot. There really happens a lot of shit in august man, that period was very confusing. One thing tho this https://i.imgur.com/mw98DHt.jpg does it no show that Shinobu mail happens after Tsubasa tiger? I'm still a bit confused about that one. Tho the order starts to make cense.

Shinobu Mail does overlap with Tsubasa Tiger. As Araragi states in this episode, after the fight with Seishiro, he ran over to Hanekawa to finish off the tiger, which we see him doing at the end of Tsubasa Tiger.

I think that diagram shows when Tsubasa Tiger starts, as I believe a few days pass during it, explaining why it doesn't line up with Shinobu Mail.
Dec 23, 2015 1:11 AM

Nov 2012
@gondolin
thanks man. Should have figured that out myself. This series really need a propper re-wacht after it is done.

Is the leftovers from Owari even going to be animated btw?
Dec 23, 2015 1:25 AM
Jun 2011
@johnyjohny

I've read that it's currently in planning. More importantly, Shaft has stated they will adapt the entirety of Monogatari, so we will eventually get everything animated one way or another, it seems.
Dec 23, 2015 4:13 AM
Mar 2015
where's the second half?? Any news

8/10 i need that second half
Dec 23, 2015 5:09 AM
May 2015
Question: So I want to know, does Shinobu still with koyomi???
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

146 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

211 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

171 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

172 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

154 by TheColonel76 »»
May 8, 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.