Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 23, 2015 2:55 PM

Aug 2014
Overall a pretty good season of Monogatari. I hope the next part of Owari gets animated, 7/10.
Dec 23, 2015 3:57 PM

Mar 2009
Good episode, good arc. It was nice to see Senjougahara again. Shinobu, Kanbaru, and Senjougahara all in one arc - awesome. The usual Kanbaru and Araragi banter really made this arc for me.
Also, poor Shinobu. And I even felt bad for the First, for that matter. Having to hear those words about Shinobu caring more about Araragi currently...well, that's gotta sting.

Definitely preferred this arc over all the Sodachi stuff, which I found to be completely boring.

And I don't understand why they kept saying this was the final season. It clearly isn't. Oh, well. See you next year, I guess!
Dec 23, 2015 8:06 PM
Jun 2011
Mormegil said:

And I don't understand why they kept saying this was the final season. It clearly isn't. Oh, well. See you next year, I guess!

The novels are broken down as such:

First season: Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Kizumonogatari, Nekomonogatari: Kuro
Second season: Neko: Shiro, Kabukimonogatari, Otorimonogatari, Onimonogatari, Koimonogatari, Hanamonogatari
Final season: Tsukimonogatari, Koyomimonogatari, Owarimonogatari, Zoku-Owarimonogatari
and finally, Off Season: Orokamonogatari, and the to be released Wazamonogatari

So Owarimonogatari- specifically the first 2 volumes we got in this portion of the anime are a part of the 'final season' of the novels. Incidentally, Owarimonogatari translates to 'End Story,' as the third volume contains(or so I've come to understand) the end of the main narrative.

It's kind of like how Monogatari Series: Second Season isn't the actual second season of the anime. It's only called that because it's stories are from the 'second season' of the novels.
Dec 24, 2015 1:52 AM
Oct 2014
The first 3 arcs were very engaging.
Shinobu mail kinda let me down.
I give Ovarymonogatari a 7/10
Dec 25, 2015 7:19 AM

Mar 2008
Its really hard for me to arrange events in my head because its been so long since I've seen each series.

I hope more comes soon
Dec 26, 2015 9:33 PM

Oct 2010
For me I would have to give this a 5/10. There was not enough fun moments for me. All of the quick cuts, random text, and weird character poses didn't make me enjoy this like I did with the first three main series. It was not bad, but it was hard for me to rate this high was I compare it to the other arcs.
It did have a few shining moments for me like
- That scene where Hanekawa gave Ougi an answer within 5 seconds
- Kanbaru's upbeat personality coming back ( maybe in Hanamonogatari she was not so upbeat because she mature more, idk (Kanbaru always been best girl )).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2015 10:00 PM

Oct 2010
juliagatari said:
I think we had a bit of a continuity error..

His clothes are way more tore apart on the last episode of Tsubasa Tiger Arc than they are by the end of this arc.
Because of that i expected more action in the fight sequence.

Here´s an image showin´ what I mean...

Wow, lol. I didn't remember his clothes being that ripped. Now I do remember waiting hard to see what type of fight he gotten into, and now watching them I'm kinda disappointed.
But still, can't wait for that Kizumonogatari to come out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2015 10:38 PM

Feb 2010
Great finale! so beautiful to see Shinobu crying omg my bby ;_;
overall i love all the arc, expecially Sodachi lost i kinda want to see her again
8/10

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Dec 29, 2015 9:06 AM

Sep 2014
Didn't really enjoy Owari that much, even fanservice Nisemonogatari was more entertaining..
Jan 1, 2016 7:20 PM

May 2010
Best part of Shinobu Mail was the first scene of this episode, with Hitagi and Araragi <3 Don't remember the last time I've heard anime characters say 'aishiteru' to each other!

While Owari was good, I didn't enjoy it as much as Monogatari Series: Second Season, especially the last arc was kinda disappointing. And I miss Hachikuji :c Still, Sodachi's and Ougi's arcs were excellent, and Araragi's Redemptation in the previous episode killed me, so in the end it's 8/10 for me.
Jan 2, 2016 7:36 PM

Feb 2013

... that guy...

Hitagi: "You are special" <3

First half of the season was better. I really don't get the whole MAL Shinobu obsession (maybe it's not just MAL).

9/10
Jan 2, 2016 10:36 PM

Oct 2008
The duel was anti-climatic.
Araragi & Senjougahara both a very kinky couple.
It's good to see Shinobu crying and very vulnerable state.
4/5.
7/10.
matias067Jan 2, 2016 10:37 PM

Jan 3, 2016 9:02 PM

Jun 2015
DawnJ said:
I think Shinbou is sending us a silent message, which reads, "I don't want to work on this series anymore."

My thoughts exactly. Where's Shinobu's true voice? I hope Sakamoto does a better job in upcoming Monogatari adaptations.
Jan 5, 2016 4:00 PM

Apr 2014
I hope we get everything else in the series adapted fairly soon, there's still some unanswered questions.
Jan 5, 2016 4:30 PM
Apr 2014
WOW I just realized halfway through that we finally get the resolution why Araragi looked that beat up and had the sword when he came to save Hanekawa in Second Season(even though it definitely didn't go the way it should considering the state of his clothes back then). Also it finally confirmed for me at what time we are in this part xD The flames in the beginning were a hint but I never was really sure about it.

But I'm really glad I finally could put it together. Back then I thought the time travel story was what lead to that end of Nekomonogatari but at the end it didn't(and therefore left me a bit disappointed because it was still unsolved what shit Araragi went through back then). Didn't expect this would be cleared up this late. Actually I expected it to be left open at this point.

This was definitely one of the better season if not the best since Nekomonogatari (I didn't like Second Season except for the second part of Neko. What came after Second Season was better but not as good as Owari). Well, nothing gets close to Bakemonogatari still.

Can't wait for the movies. But who would've thought they release the very beginning as last... The movie was announced to release 2012 or even earlier -.- I think the first announcement really was earlier and 2012 was just the point at which I was following it.

Edit: Only two things really irritate me with this. WTF happened to Oshino and who is Ougi really? I really would have liked to see Oshino at least one more time. His responses were the best(I guess I still have to wait until Kizu to see more from him). And Ougi simply can't be Oshinos relative. Did I just miss it or was it not mentioned in the anime who or what she is?
NanashiJan 5, 2016 4:38 PM
Jan 6, 2016 11:38 AM
Jun 2011
Nanashi said:

Can't wait for the movies. But who would've thought they release the very beginning as last... The movie was announced to release 2012 or even earlier -.- I think the first announcement really was earlier and 2012 was just the point at which I was following it.

Edit: Only two things really irritate me with this. WTF happened to Oshino and who is Ougi really? I really would have liked to see Oshino at least one more time. His responses were the best(I guess I still have to wait until Kizu to see more from him). And Ougi simply can't be Oshinos relative. Did I just miss it or was it not mentioned in the anime who or what she is?

Kizumonogatari isn't the last thing to be released, as Koyomimonogatari, the rest of Owarimonogatari, and ZokuOwarimonogatari and onward are to be animated, and in which some of your questions will be addressed.
Jan 8, 2016 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
So we get to find out what the timeline exactly was when this arc was played out, see everything linked up.
Good to see Shinobu forgive Seishiro.

I really loved this series, just another great "Monogatari" watch ! :)
Both halfs were great, 2nd half being more entertaining imo.

9/10
PrOxAntoJan 8, 2016 2:40 PM
Jan 10, 2016 4:18 AM

Apr 2009
Man, fuck the haters, I really loved Owari throughout and just super appreciate Shaft's unique style compared to all the crap I've been going through recently. It's probably not the most fulfilling thing to come out of monogatari but damn did I still enjoy this season.
Jan 23, 2016 4:42 AM
Jan 2013
9/10 this season, second only to Second Season (which I have as a 5th anime favorite - 10/10). Now I'm only more excited for Kizumonogatari >w<
Jan 27, 2016 6:42 AM

Dec 2009
Liked the beginning of the episode with the conversation between Senjougahara Araragi. That was really interesting. Overall I liked the first half better with the whole Sodachi arc then the second bit.
Jan 27, 2016 8:09 AM

Sep 2015
I really loved this season. For me, only Second Season and Bakemono were better than this...
9/10.
Feb 3, 2016 7:08 PM

Oct 2012
Here I am, waiting for the second cour of Owarimonogatari after noticing it didn't contain Mayoi Hell, Hitagi Rendezvous and Ougi Dark........

SHAFT, second cour when???????
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Feb 10, 2016 8:04 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
I like how they linked this season with others
Feb 20, 2016 10:53 PM

Jun 2012
I gotta to rewatch the entire series. Im getting confused because the previous seasons are constantly mentioned.
Feb 28, 2016 9:00 PM

Sep 2014
I was glad shinobu managed to talk to seshiro one last time. Gaen may have gone up to a bit more annoying and Ougi continues to be creepy.

Well Owari, you won't be in my top 5 of Monogatari series but i had fun. Sayonara.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Mar 5, 2016 5:29 PM
Jul 2018
Yet another pathetic season. Forced drama, nothing particularly noteworthy - one way to kill a good series.
Mar 14, 2016 2:08 PM

Mar 2015
That was such an interesting season. I loved Shinobu Mail, it had such an interesting premise, and the ending was just so full of feels. The conversation between Araragi and Senjougahara was just heartwarming and very intriguing, and the end of the final battle was just so well-executed. The conversations between Kanbaru and Shinobu were extremely emotional and impactful in a pretty unique way for anime. All in all, the season had a lot of not-so-interesting buildup but the payoff was worth it every single time, and completely justified the less interesting moments. I think I'll rate it 9/10, along with Second Season, with all other Monogatari parts being 8/10 so far. Koyomi is next I suppose.
Mar 21, 2016 12:17 AM

Nov 2014
Worst Monogatari season for me.

Mar 21, 2016 11:59 AM

Apr 2014
ExTamplier said:
really?! i thought sodachis arc aka the first 6 episodes were one of the strongest story telling gatari had. plus it developed arararagi more than any other arcs.

and shinobu mail had so many nods to kizu. basically i can see why ppl wouldnt like it as much without the knowlege of kizu. even watching the first movie can make u enjoy shinobu mail more. basically it expands on her character in great lengths.

i would think something like tsuki or hana is below this.
Mar 21, 2016 12:56 PM

Nov 2014
moodie said:
ExTamplier said:
really?! i thought sodachis arc aka the first 6 episodes were one of the strongest story telling gatari had. plus it developed arararagi more than any other arcs.

and shinobu mail had so many nods to kizu. basically i can see why ppl wouldnt like it as much without the knowlege of kizu. even watching the first movie can make u enjoy shinobu mail more. basically it expands on her character in great lengths.

i would think something like tsuki or hana is below this.
Tsuki was ok, Hana was great ending to the series imo
.p.s i dont really like shino or araragi to begin with, so yeah..

Mar 24, 2016 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
Great finale, the way Shinobu ate the remain of Seishiro while crying was straight to feeltrip, i could imagine the days they've spent together 400 years ago and Seishiro's feelings to meet her and reunite with her was on point. Araragi is really lucky indeed, he has Senjogahara and side loli bitches and ofc Shinobu as his main bitch lols. I like the way Senjogahara said "i love you" while talking to him on cellphone, full of emotion.

Overall score 9/10, looking forward for the Kizumonogatari, now onto the movie ! so hyped
Jun 7, 2016 7:51 PM

Feb 2014
Wow... I can't believe I found a season/part (I mean, Owarimonogatari) of monogatari series boring.

I was bored during most of the show
The subjects were boring and common (for example the subject involving Oikura: family, violence and etc...)
The outcomes were boring and/or anti-climatic (mongatari series sometimes overuses it)
Nothing caught my attention, just Kanbaru with her teases
No good/cool surprises
And in the end..... who is Ougi? Meme's niece that is it? Period? Nothing special?

Anyway, for me, Owarimonogatari was the worst season among the others... it can't even be compared.

Still, I recognize the work about its good points.

So... I'll be giving this a 6-7/10
TechOtakuJun 8, 2016 1:08 PM
Jun 30, 2016 4:34 AM

Jul 2008
Ougi again making Araragi a blabbermouth.

I wonder if her story ever comes to a head.
Jul 7, 2016 10:23 AM

Jun 2013
senjougahara and araragi saying i love you to each other over the phone was adorable
Aug 17, 2016 6:16 AM

Apr 2014
Well that was Anti climactic... I thought they would duel an Epic Battle But Sadly In reality...one needs to know his own Ability.....Still I recall ...you wait that one was a different Talisman...... 6/10 for the Arc 8/10 for this series explaining many things that was a mystery back then.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Sep 15, 2016 10:16 PM

Feb 2013
Loved it, just like I've loved everything else in this series.

Tied up some story bits that I've been wondering about for a while.

10/10
Oct 4, 2016 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
A very good show once again, well done. Still not as good as Bake or Nise, but comes close to the quality of 2nd season. 8/10
Oct 7, 2016 9:45 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
one of the best seasons for the --monogatari series.

With this chapter closed the arc shinobu mail, with a final fight between the first and Araragi, nice too.

my note for all the sesaon, 8/10....
Dec 15, 2016 4:27 PM

Sep 2015
That was one good storytelling done by Araragi to Ougi. This was a great ride finishing Owarionogatari because I thought I would hate Ougi which i kinda dont anymore after watching this.
Feb 28, 2017 2:41 PM

Oct 2016
Zee530 said:
Not the best from the franchise but it was decent i suppose. 7. Kizu, can't wait.
I gave it a 7. I thought bake was the worst but this was. Did not deserve an 8.
May 12, 2017 1:52 PM

Apr 2016
PericlesD said:
I finished this episode now after a marathon of monogatari series along this week, and i must say

WHY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO KNOW THIS SERIES?

I think i will have depression until more stuff comes out..

The intro between araragi and senjougahara made my day.. I love those moments, reminds me from that last moment in the ep. 12 of bakemonogatari

This is exactly one of the biggest ordeal OUGI has been trying correct. Those who still clings to the delusion that Hitagi is the one Araragi TRULY loves or even the one he is DEVOTED to fails miserably to understand what the author is trying to convey. Or, should I say, it is a great indication on how Hitagi played her part well as a Con Artist and a Liar she really is. Not as an insult but as a praise in her attempt to become close or even surpass Kaiki, his mentor and Idol.

At first I believed that HitagiXAraragi was the biggest blunder the series made in Bake and made effort in correcting it using OUGI but now I understand that it was deliberately done to confuse the audience and as pieces of the puzzle gets shown in a non-chronological order, the picture becomes clearer and clearer.

From Kizu (Kiyomi Vamp) to the Owari (Ougi Dark), it is all about AraragiXShinobu/Kisshot. How they met, how their relationship started and how they struggle with their relationship and how they plan on continuing their relationship.

Thoughout the series, they have at least twice reaffirms their bond/feelings for each other both in words and action.

While others pities Shinobu because they feel he regret/sadness, I feel glad that Both Shinobu and Araragi. For the first time publicly declares/shows how strong their feelings are for each other in a subtle way. I guess they are just embarrassed to say out loud that they LOVE one another and instead say that "I have faith in them..." and "Now, there is someone that I care more...". It did terrified him when Shinobu showed herself to the First but was relieved when he hears that she loves/cares for him more - technically choosing him over the First.

That is what Ougi and Yotsugi is desperately trying to tell us and Araragi. Ougi stressing "Your romantic rival..." while Yotsugi stressing "Do you still think...". Most are being stubborn just like Araragi is on this episode. Trying to deny the fact that He LOVES Shinobu and is HAPPY that he has her with him.

FrEaKaZoIdIaNMay 12, 2017 2:06 PM
-> It does not matter if everything else is BAD as long as the PLOT/STORY is GOOD!
-> TRAGEDIES are for MASOCHIST so count me OUT!
-> TRUTH sometimes HURTS!
-> | Reddit | FanFiction |

Jul 8, 2017 9:26 AM
May 2012
i knew it
well, onto the next one
Jul 12, 2017 7:17 AM

Oct 2015
this anime had a humor as stale as old bread, they should have not tried humor. The characters talk too much and ruined the story for me, it was like watching a boring documentary. The first part was great with the Oikura saga and I loved watching Ougi, the second part Izuku spoiled it for me with that talking (the longest I have ever watched). What's up with the empty background characters and Araragi being the only male lead role.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 12, 2017 2:08 PM

Jan 2017
Good overall i guess. I struggled specially in the first arc, since i don't like Ougi at all.

This season was a 7/10 for me. Thou this last episode almost made me rate it as an 8.

Baby Shinobu crying was so cute and sad.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Nov 3, 2017 12:27 AM

Jun 2016
Araragi and Hitagi saying "I love you" to each other warms my heart. Hehe. The lack of Hitagi this season, maaan, yet again!

So, the duel between Araragi and First happened before Hanekawa had a duel with the Tiger. Yeah, I remember Araragi making me scream when he had an epic entrance because he's been missing. Haha. Then he made Hanekawa cry and that's when Hanekawa got her black and white hair. I remember all of it. Jeez.

Araragi won the duel by using the talisman on First which Oshino gave him and Shinobu appeared and cried.

"Currently, I have someone that's more important to me than you. For a little while longer, I'd like to be someone who's there for him."

Awww. Then she forgave First then ate him. So, the reason why First wanted to see her is to apologize then? So, that was his true form, right? Goddamn. It's like that shota form of his is like what is Shinobu now (little kid then him is little kid with goddamn muscles what the fuck) then his true form is yeah like when Shinobu is Kiss-Shot. So, it's officially good bye, First. RIP.

Bruuuh, so Gaen and Episode has First's armor now because another demon sword "Kokoro Watari" or the other sword which is the short one called "Yume Watari" can be made from it. No wonder they involved themselves in it because they had an ulterior motive. Hehe.

Almost forgot that Araragi was telling all of these to Ougi. Haha. Yeah, Araragi is really talkative about apparitions when it comes to Ougi. Whooo.

First's true name is Seishiro Shishirui.

Overall: 9.8/10. Nisio-sensei and Shaft never disappoints. Fuck! That was a great journey, tbh. I really enjoyed Owarimonogatari so much. This pretty much covered a lot of holes back in previous series. Ugh so satiating.

KIZUMONOGATARI, I'M ON MY WAY! SEE YOU SOON! Hahaha.
TheDoggoneGirlNov 3, 2017 12:33 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Feb 9, 2018 7:20 AM
Nov 2015
Though I had to make through the boring stuff 70% of the time, have to admit that this season knows how to end its arc. This arc has the best ending since Senjou x Araragi culminated in ep 12 of Bake.

I love Tsubasa Tiger more, and this arc as a whole is so inconsistent and cannot compare w most of Season 2 or Hanamonogatari, but the last 2 episode is good man.
Feb 11, 2018 1:12 AM

Jun 2016
Shinobu mail was a better arc compared to others in this season.
Mar 20, 2018 5:23 PM
Sep 2016
Liked this arc, definietly was better than arc before it.
Seishirou was an interesting character, and especially his and shinobu relationship was what kept the arc going.

Overall
First arc 6/10
Second arc 8/10
so entire season is 7/10 for me
Sep 5, 2018 1:14 PM

May 2017
Hmm.. mixed feelings about this season.

The Oikura arc definitely had its strong moments which i thought were good.. Not sure about the Second Shinobu Mail Arc. I just really dislike Gaen as a character. She's sooooooo unbelievably boring to me its crazy. She's that person that literally knows everything for god knows why, her personality just makes it worse. She definitely ruined a few episodes of this arc for me.

The last 2 Episodes were quite good though. I liked the teenage form of Seishiro. The adult form was cool too, just a little bummer that we had to stare at that stupid cgi samurai armor for most of the time.

The little talk between Seishiro and Araragi before the duel was kind of sad. He wasn't out for revenge or anything, he actually wanted to rebuild his bond with Shinobu, he wanted to become her Sword again. So hearing him say stuff like "Does Kiss-Shot not want to meet me that much? Am i really just troubling you guys?" is sad.

Im happy that Shinobu took Kanbaru's advice at the end. She made him die with ease in mind, without any troubled thoughts.

Overall this wasn't as good as Monogatari Series Second Season and it wasn't as bad as Neko, Nise, or Hana. So i guess i'll have to give it a 7.

Going into Koyomimonogatari, I think I will wind through the first 10 episodes and then watch the last 2, as i heard they were pivotal for the plot of the next season. Can't wait for Kizumonogatari.. waited for these movies for so long, i hope i don't get disappointed.
shayed__Sep 5, 2018 1:20 PM
Sep 20, 2018 3:48 AM

Sep 2014
Shinobu had some great moments in this (unlike shinobu time were she was barely present)

Shaft did an amazing job with this one, but I think overall I like the other seasons more, this one is a bit too dark overall to really fit the monogatari mood for me. Sodachis arc was really good, but at the same time it had 0 shinobu which is a minus, ougi is just unpleasant to watch for me, even more so than Gen.

Also now Im really lost in the timeline, considering this is basically at the beginning of monogatari second season, does this also mean <hachikuji was actually gone for that long already? Damnit.

PS: Isnt it a slight contradiction for Arararagi to say nobody gets happy when he is with shinobu considering what he told Sodachi in her arc?

I probably liked the most how owari developed haneka and kanbaru, I thought the first was "finished" after her arcs, while kanbaru barely had any focus (and I think hana was not that good)

In the end I hope shinobu and araragi will get happy together, I dont really care about senjogahara, hanekawa was already ditched by him, hachikuji is already lost etc.
Arararagis connection to the girls is really something

Prefers shinobu over the one he loves and owes his life, hanekawa, even over his gf senjogahara, definitely lusts after karen, is best friends with kanbaru, while missing hachikuji.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

146 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

211 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

171 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

172 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

154 by TheColonel76 »»
May 8, 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.