Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 31, 2015 3:01 PM

Feb 2013
I knew Inoue Marina was great but her performance in this episode was breathtaking.
Hanekawa should think about a juggler career in a circus. Those moves.

Oct 31, 2015 3:07 PM

Jul 2013
Did you guys realizes that Oikura is the for now the only girl that Araragi has helped who doesn't have any problem related to oddities? I mean, I don't read the light novels and I don't know if at the end of Oikura's arc it will be revealed that an oddity is causing her problems (the disappearance of his mother is a mystery, though), but for the moment, I don't see any evidence that Oikura has been affected by one.

I also know that Oshino says to Araragi that he is a magnet for oddities because Shinobu (and there is Tsukihi, who has been always an oddity and was close to Araragi before he meets Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade), but he knows Oikura much more before his first encounter with Kiss-Shot, and her problems comes from her family (same as Hanekawa and Hitagi).

I don't know, I probably may be wrong considering the world of the Monogataris, but I still find it curious.
Oct 31, 2015 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
I wasn't able to notice the amazing voice acting first time because I was too amazed to notice it.
Oct 31, 2015 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
Amazing as always. Monogatari never disappoints. Intense conversation as always. Revealed a lot about Oikura's situation. It must suck having to deal with that. Props to Marina Inoue for voicing Oikura. Fantastic job
Oct 31, 2015 3:52 PM

May 2014
Oikura really have some mental disease....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2015 5:35 PM

Sep 2012
Good ep. I'm growing quiet fond of Oikura. Great dialogue and voice acting!

Hanekewa is too crafty.
Oct 31, 2015 5:37 PM

Jul 2014
Just as I suspected about she hating Araragi.
Mugs_Smile said:
Good ep. I'm growing quiet fond of Oikura. Great dialogue and voice acting!

Hanekewa is too crafty.

The advantages of sharing body with two cats.
LeviathanTheEspOct 31, 2015 5:53 PM
Oct 31, 2015 5:58 PM
May 2014
Since this seems to be set before past episodes (with Araragi talking to Nadeko), I'm pretty sure they won't find her mom. They may find out what happened to her, but I don't think Sodachi will have a happy ending...
Oct 31, 2015 6:03 PM

Sep 2012
After watching the episode, i've came to think about something...

What would be the result of the meeting on Oikura's apartement, if Ougi was there instead of Hanekawa?

I mean, Oikura was very instable, at a few points, i thought that she would really kill herself, sooner or later, also there's the fact that someone from the social support was coming to see if she was ok.
Ougi being Ougi, it's very possible that she would use that sharp tongue of hers to, maybe, induce Oikura to do something, or leave her worse than she already is.

For the episode, I think it was pretty good, liked the Oikura's apartment and the dialogue overall, expecting to see how it will all turn out.
ArthronGeokNov 4, 2015 7:09 PM
Oct 31, 2015 6:18 PM

Nov 2014
That was awesome. Araragi saying the right things at the right times.

I can't watch any other show about 2 people talking for 20 minutes
Hi there
Oct 31, 2015 6:58 PM

Jun 2014
interesting to know more about Oikura's past , she sure had it rough . Hanekawa really saved the day she catched that cup like a boss
Oct 31, 2015 7:17 PM

Jan 2008
20 bucks say the mother disappeared because...she never left. This has just turned pretty morbid.
Oct 31, 2015 9:32 PM

Sep 2013
4kicks said:
20 bucks say the mother disappeared because...she never left. This has just turned pretty morbid.

I agree. It did sound like she locked her mother in the room. Maybe when she "left" it wasn't the "left" you think at first... *Shivers*
Fortune favors the bold. I weep for the sheep.
Oct 31, 2015 11:28 PM

Aug 2012
Marina Inoue knocked it out of the fucking park, my goodness. Just speechless on that.

I love how heavy the subject matter is and how the direction just digs so deep into it. Although it kinda pisses me off that they're handling this so perfectly, but shied away from including the abuse in Neko: Shiro...still haven't gotten over that. Those subtly dramatic pans to Hanakawa would have been much more impactful, and well her presence there as a whole and her reactions would just mean a lot more-especially where she called out Oikura on not trying to make herself happy(probably my favorite part since I don't think I've ever seen that explored to that extent in any kind of story), since she made a conscious effort to be truly happy, not a fabricated effort by cutting away the negative aspects of her heart, but by facing all those negatives head on and accepting them. Whereas Oikura was the opposite from the beginning, never turning away(as far as we know) from her negatives(this could partly be why Hanekawa grew fond of her so quickly) but using them to sink herself sad, hateful illness.
Oct 31, 2015 11:50 PM

Jun 2015
That …was...dark…
… and I just got over that whole Hanekawa thing.
Why am I doing this to myself?
(5/5)
Oct 31, 2015 11:59 PM

Aug 2013
Well fuck that was intense.

Hanekawa on the cup game was hilarious. Dem cat reflexes.

Marina Inoue. Hot damn. That was fucking top tier. Not only the acting, but running down god knows how many lines of dialogue for that and being on point the entire time. Props.

Oikura had a shit life. The rampant abuse, then living with her shit mother. You could even tell she was just getting more and more broken down mentally by the minute. She couldn't even be mad or argue anymore because she was just done. Like threw in the towel.

Hanekawa and Oikura have an interesting connection because she's basically what Hanekawa could've been had she fallen into despair. They both suffered abuse, but Hanekawa fought for her happiness and leaned on people for help and was able to get through it.

Guarantee that the mom is dead in the house. The house was locked normally but the mom wasn't in her special room? Betting that she went to a different room of the house, maybe because she didn't want her body to be found, and killed herself. Perhaps the attic or basement. But the way they kept mentioning the locks leads me to believe she never left.
Nov 1, 2015 1:47 AM

Feb 2015
Awesome episode. Kinda felt sad for Oikura though.
Nov 1, 2015 1:10 AM
Sep 2015
64SuperNintendo said:
This episode consisted of dialogue, much like practically every other Monogatari episode. As always, the dialogue was nothing special, consisting mainly of exposition, as well as the characters talking about their motivations, discussing what to do next, and then doing so.

All in all, standard Monogatari fare.

Also, this arc is playing out like practically every other arc. Girl has issues → tragic past is revealed → Araragi helps her (by talking, of course). All that's left is for her to fall in love with him, and this arc will be yet another winner at the Monogatari bingo.

2/5

why are you still watching monogatari then dude?

thats like someone watching naruto even though they hate power fighting friendship and whatnot.
Nov 1, 2015 1:31 AM

Jun 2015
Intense voice acting!
:)
Nov 1, 2015 1:57 AM

Jul 2013
Intense episode, intense voice acting, intense everything.
Feel bad for Sodachi.
Jonesy974 said:

Guarantee that the mom is dead in the house. The house was locked normally but the mom wasn't in her special room? Betting that she went to a different room of the house, maybe because she didn't want her body to be found, and killed herself. Perhaps the attic or basement. But the way they kept mentioning the locks leads me to believe she never left.

Yeah I agree with that.
Nov 1, 2015 2:00 AM

Dec 2014
silvercover said:
64SuperNintendo said:
This episode consisted of dialogue, much like practically every other Monogatari episode. As always, the dialogue was nothing special, consisting mainly of exposition, as well as the characters talking about their motivations, discussing what to do next, and then doing so.

All in all, standard Monogatari fare.

Also, this arc is playing out like practically every other arc. Girl has issues → tragic past is revealed → Araragi helps her (by talking, of course). All that's left is for her to fall in love with him, and this arc will be yet another winner at the Monogatari bingo.

2/5

why are you still watching monogatari then dude?

thats like someone watching naruto even though they hate power fighting friendship and whatnot.

he says that every week.
I need sleep.
Nov 1, 2015 2:47 AM
Jul 2018
Still can't really feel sorry for Oikura (high school age, at least). She's too annoying and Araragi is being too soft.
Nov 1, 2015 3:52 AM
Mar 2014
Sangaz said:
Still can't really feel sorry for Oikura (high school age, at least). She's too annoying and Araragi is being too soft.

yeah, I can totally see where you're coming from with that. it's a problem with how this is being directed, I'd say.
Nov 1, 2015 4:07 AM

Jun 2013
I love how psycho Oikura is her voice fits so perfectly

Also those flat down shirt views xD
Nov 1, 2015 4:37 AM
Jan 2013
Sweet! Oikura has perfect block characterization!

A few word, and that hanekawa pisses me off already!
what right did she had to restrain someone actualizing theirself in their own properties?
i don't know if this is a norm in japan, but damn! she pisses me off!

Alright then, at least we know there will be a special time for shinobu...
Nov 1, 2015 5:47 AM

Sep 2014
Them headtilts tho. And so even Oikura was abused and stuff, great...sigh.
Nov 1, 2015 5:53 AM

Apr 2014
epic tea cup save:O
---------My Profile------------
Nov 1, 2015 6:31 AM

Feb 2015
Well, Thanks to Hanekawa, Oikura was a little bit calm in this episode, but the way she was talking was sounds crazy to me, and i feel sad about her past. that is a really harsh story.
YizelTroNov 1, 2015 6:38 AM
Nov 1, 2015 7:15 AM
Sep 2015
it was really a good idea to pick hanekawa over ougi.

if it was ougi instead, what she'd do is just draw out the truth to both araragi and sodachi, make both of them feel miserable about themselves, potentially let them fight out each other and get hurt. then it might lead to sodachi really killing herself after learning the truth.

hanekawa was great not only because she's much nicer but also cause she understands sodachi's situation and can sympathize due to her own upbringing, meaning she cant just utter empty words like any other character(besides maybe hitagi).

and considering how hanekawa zeroed in on the issue regarding the mother leaving, there could potentially be something really dark about it, something that might not be good for sodachi to know as of yet. hanekawa kept it to herself for now, but if it was ougi I imagine she'd reveal it and make sodachi feel even more bad.
Nov 1, 2015 8:07 AM

Sep 2012
silvercover said:
it was really a good idea to pick hanekawa over ougi.

if it was ougi instead, what she'd do is just draw out the truth to both araragi and sodachi, make both of them feel miserable about themselves, potentially let them fight out each other and get hurt. then it might lead to sodachi really killing herself after learning the truth.

hanekawa was great not only because she's much nicer but also cause she understands sodachi's situation and can sympathize due to her own upbringing, meaning she cant just utter empty words like any other character(besides maybe hitagi).

and considering how hanekawa zeroed in on the issue regarding the mother leaving, there could potentially be something really dark about it, something that might not be good for sodachi to know as of yet. hanekawa kept it to herself for now, but if it was ougi I imagine she'd reveal it and make sodachi feel even more bad.

Considering how Ougi has been acting until now, it wouldn't be a surprise if she'd try to play with Oikura's mind, by maybe, trow all the fault of Oikura's mother leaving on Oikura or induce her to do somethign against Araragi. Either way, there was staged the perfect scenario for Ougi do something bad, also, there's the fact that someone from the social support was coming to visit Oikura, if the person happen do see that something wrong suceded on Oikura's apartment, she could lose the right to stay on that place.

In the end, Ougi could've messed up even more Oikura's life.
Nov 1, 2015 8:27 AM

Jun 2013
damn Oikura has been through alot of bad shit
Nov 1, 2015 8:34 AM

Jan 2014
Hanekawa is too annoying to bear...even her voice is annoying and doesnt seems to fit this ep, It would be best if she talk-less...

Poor Oikura, I kind of understand what she has been through

4.5/5
Nov 1, 2015 9:40 AM

Apr 2015
Great for Halloween. Starting to warm up a bit to Oikura. Glad to see Hanekawa, though.
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Nov 1, 2015 9:42 AM

Apr 2013
When Oikura ended her story and started talking about happiness her voice changed and sent slight shivers down my spine.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Nov 1, 2015 9:51 AM
Oct 2009
Fresh_Mint said:
I'm really loving this Sodachi arc.

"Please be my villain."

I know right? So quotable, lots of great, thought-provoking lines.

The bits of Hanekawa predicting Oikura might throw her teacup were pretty funny. This season seems to be even more dialog-heavy than the average Monogatari arc, but it's just so solid! The timing and artistic symbolism are so great, there isn't a single dull moment!
Nov 1, 2015 2:42 PM

Nov 2014
mugi said:
Plotwise strong, as well as acting but it seemed to be a really low budget episode...

all the episodes
shaft dont have the time and the talent to make this season, but, the money powah is very stronger so they decided to make kizu and this, and the season is shitty as fuck
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2015 4:09 PM

Dec 2014
That was intense, at a certain point i had to pause. lol

So, Oikura was koyo first love? I just dont know what he's thinking, i find it hard to believe that he completely forgotten about her pff, whatever

5/5 this owarimonogatari is so awesome, jeezus
Nov 1, 2015 4:31 PM

Aug 2015
Like Oikura char alot more after this episode.
Nov 1, 2015 4:34 PM

Dec 2010
...THAT WAS EXHAUSTING
Nov 1, 2015 5:10 PM

Nov 2014
Nice flow of story line! This ep is not the one that make u jump up, but the one makes u sit tight and think about characters. The voice they take feels real to me.
Hanekawa fits well with that situation with Araragi.
It's time to find Oikura's mom :3
Nov 1, 2015 5:17 PM

Nov 2014
that super head-tilt from oikura was priceless, a good episode, wonder how are they gonna find her mother now

pd: some of those camera angles were annoying tbh.

Nov 1, 2015 6:09 PM

Jan 2013
The entire time I was just glad Araragi brought Hanekawa instead of Ougi but it makes you think what would have happened if Ougi came along instead.
Nov 1, 2015 9:14 PM

Nov 2009
I just had to comment after watching this episode and found I'm echoing what was already said. So much agree with all the previous comments. Her voice acting was absolutely superb. I could totally feel the emotion and pain portrayed.

And here's a little stitch I did of Oikura. The shaft head tilt is indeed strong with this one...
Nov 2, 2015 4:09 AM
Nov 2014
gr8 episode.
Nov 2, 2015 5:31 AM
Apr 2014
You feel it too, don't you?
Nov 2, 2015 6:24 AM

Sep 2013
So at least we know now why Sodachi turned into a crazy bitch.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Nov 2, 2015 6:51 AM
Oct 2015
I just loved this episode, the voice acting was magnicent, and the development of Sodachi's past was brillantly done. I felt bad a loads of time while she explained how her life turned to be a succession of terrible events happening to her and keeping happiness as an unreachable dream. The dialogs were wonderful, having Araragi who wish he didn't know or even meet her was very deep; Sodachi being crush by happiness and being afraid of walking a long path toward it was heart-wrenching,... I just love her, she's so cute in her own way. I totally agree on Hanekawa being the best one to accompany Araragi talk to Sodachi. Hope Sodachi will find Happiness and redemption. One more week to wait...
Nov 2, 2015 8:17 AM

Feb 2015
That Oikura's voice acting tho..
Nov 2, 2015 9:55 PM

Aug 2015
NarukamiKen said:
That Oikura's voice acting tho..

twas so good i shed a single manly tear
Nov 3, 2015 11:00 AM

Apr 2014
I think that this will end up being my favorite part of the Monogatari Series. Amazing, and definitely AOTY level imo.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

146 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

211 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

172 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

154 by TheColonel76 »»
May 8, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

197 by TheColonel76 »»
May 8, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.