Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2009 8:58 AM
May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Misaka Mikoto trying to act cute was too awesome, and...Kuroko seems to have been scarred for life.

"The graviton guy just went into a coma."
"Umm...I punched him pretty hard in the face the other day, so um..."

"Anata ha...(NUGI ONNA DESU)"

Touma didn't come into "save" Mikoto today as per the manga, unfortunately (thus increasing [if not creating] a discontinuity between Index and Railgun...this was supposed to be the lead-up to the opening scene of Index). Still happy with what I saw, though.

And Saten may have made a discovery of epic proportions ;).

P.S. Is it just me, or does the Keyhole stream get crappier and crappier each time?
Nov 20, 2009 9:16 AM

Dec 2006
yeah, stream was epic crap this time. also missed the part before the op but that may have been my network.

and yeah they left out the bridge scene that started index. i was actually talking to my friend about this the other day and i think they may have done it because it didn't work very well in the manga. by that i mean it was clearly different from how it happened from touma's perspective - it even seemed as though touma was meeting her for the first time in index which is definitely not the case in railgun as everyone has seen. so there are two explanations:

1) mikotosama said a bunch of things to touma that he doesn't remember when you're seeing it from his perspective (i.e., the first episode of index) - being a typical male? or -
2) they retconned the scene.

so no retcon in the anime (at least not thus far). but things are moving right along with the harumi hospital scene so it's not as if they are going on a big detour (at least not right away - that new chick who calls herself atai may distract for a few episodes).

i thought everything leading up to the atai was very well done though - and it was clearly a high budget/talent team doing the animation this time. i could tell that even from the insanely crappy stream. really looking forward to the hd raw for this one.

crappier than normal crapcaps:

Nov 20, 2009 11:40 AM

Jun 2008
High quality episode, not only animation-wise.
Really nice fight there, but it was somewhat left unresolved. Only revelation was that level upper doesn't come without strings attached. We'll see.

Kuroku was really near to killing herself twice this time. Impressive regeneration by the looks...
Nov 20, 2009 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
Mikoto and Kuroko did great. And the fight was short, but very nice.
Now with Kiyama and the level upper unconsciousness, there is potential for nice plot now.

And Ayako seem to have broken any sub record with this. Just 3 min after the first raw, wow.
Nov 20, 2009 2:17 PM

Jun 2009
Why do people watch the eye-cancer causing stream?

It was an ok episode, Kuroku was quite funny in this episode.
Nov 20, 2009 2:32 PM

Oct 2009
There is not much that happened except level upper! Comedy was good with Shirai in a panic when Saten was feeding that ice treat to Misaka and when Shirai was banging her head on the table as Misaka was talking with those guys to see where is that level upper. Guess now I can say all that my friend told her on MAL about level upper that was said in this episode. It is a song and people do fall into a coma after using it but the time is random. You can access through the internet and I think download the song. If I heard correctly Kaitabi Hatsuya with the graviton was level 2 and got to level 4. He was listening to the music a lot too...is why he had his headphones on all time...right? Was the bridge part skipped after the restaurant part or after the fight part again girl with red rose jacket? Is that girl also the Kiyama Harumi? She looks like it. Find Saten being very nice to heal Uiharu and Uiharu kind of cute when sick. Fight....was excellent and it was interesting to see red rose jacket girl to use cement manipulation. Liked a lot this part: when Misaka shoots her electricity only to be blocked by a cement block. Too bad in the end Misaka made electriciy go out in many places...caused traffic problems. So at the end Kiyama Harumi comes...and I know what happens to Saten....I am afraid for her now that she found out level upper song.
HoaRy said:
Mikoto and Kuroko did great. And the fight was short, but very nice.

Yeah that was the problem the fight was too short and no Touma = :(
HoaRy said:
Now with Kiyama and the level upper unconsciousness, there is potential for nice plot now.

Oh yes, there is a lot. Thanks to a friend of mine who explained it to me.
HoaRy said:
And Ayako seem to have broken any sub record with this. Just 3 min after the first raw, wow.

Yes, I was surprised at that too. They must like this serie.
H3i said:

To me it is faster than torrents sometimes, comes out faster than torrents do also.
francismeunierNov 21, 2009 8:42 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 20, 2009 2:37 PM

May 2009
So, the use of Level Upper comes at a price? Hardly surprising there, as the general rule that anything you can get for cheap or even free comes at a high cost eventually.

I laughed at Kuroko in the restaurant scene. Mikoto acting all cute was pure win.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2009 3:07 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 20, 2009 3:08 PM

Dec 2007
Kuroko was absolutely hilarious again.
First tragedy with indirect kisu, then martyrdom of hers in the restaurant :D
BlickWinkelNov 20, 2009 3:13 PM
Nov 20, 2009 3:13 PM

Nov 2007
francismeunier said:

H3i said:

To me it is faster than torrents sometimes, comes out faster than torrents do also.

The benefit for watching through KeyHoleTV is to watch simultaneously when it's airing in Japan.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 20, 2009 3:32 PM

Sep 2008
H3i said:

It was an ok episode, Kuroku was quite funny in this episode.
Some people like being able to start the thread for each episode.

Mmmm Harumi's eyes are so attractive.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2009 3:43 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm i felt something missing on the restaurant..what was it..hmmm oh
so Index and Railgun didn't collide in this one hmm strange

Well it's good to be different..the battle make up for it

Kuroko really make me laughing again how she bang her head, and her voice suit her very well, nobody can resist Misaka if she is begging like that XD
Nov 20, 2009 4:22 PM

Jul 2009
No Touma this week? -__-

Misaka's acting towards those guys in the restaurant was adorable and funny at the same time :D

Laevantein said:
Hmm i felt something missing on the restaurant..what was it..hmmm oh
so Index and Railgun didn't collide in this one hmm strange

Well it's good to be different..the battle make up for it

Wait Touma appears here in the manga? Maybe I should start reading it then. I've been wanting to read it anyway.

Anyway, the fight was good so it's still okay :D
This is a signature.
Nov 20, 2009 4:32 PM

Nov 2008
The quantum theory of human consciousness on changing reality is actually scientifically proven (sounds impossible right?). Looks like the characters isn't just saying random scientific stuff to make it sound "deep". I am interested on seeing what kind of power Saten will get or if she will get one. Maybe it only works on people who has abilities? Her dilemma is understandable. After all... we all want to know why we are here or our purpose... Well, in their universe it is more dramatic.

Fascinating episode indeed.
Maximatum99Nov 20, 2009 4:44 PM
Nov 20, 2009 4:47 PM

Apr 2008
Kuroko slamming her head a lot in this episode.
Seeing Mikoto acting cute was pretty funny.
Nov 20, 2009 5:26 PM

Jan 2009
Wow seriously who would have thought all the episodes before actually had a meaning for the main plot very very interesting.
Nov 20, 2009 5:36 PM

May 2009
OMFG Mikoto has outdone herself with that act!!! What the hell was that XD And crying? The story about parents :D She thought of it very quickly :D
I was just a bit surprised, like i was watching a completely different character :P
Never expected her to put up with it, not even for work XD
Nov 20, 2009 6:13 PM

Feb 2009
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! Misaka in innocent loli mode was so moe I almost died. >< Stop doing this, JC Staff, stop trying to kill me. D:

One of the better episode, with the plot finally moving forward. That ice cream tasting part made me laugh and once again Misaka putting on that act at the restaurant was fuck*ng awesome, moe and funny at the same time.
Nov 20, 2009 6:49 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Awesome episode like always.

Next episode looks very promising!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 20, 2009 7:15 PM

Nov 2007
This show just keeps getting and better. Misaka has strong lightning powers.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Nov 20, 2009 7:53 PM

Jul 2008
everyone is just falling unconcious for no apparent reason, so they turn to... the streaker woman!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 20, 2009 8:23 PM
Feb 2009
Alexstratz said:
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! Misaka in innocent loli mode was so moe I almost died. >< Stop doing this, JC Staff, stop trying to kill me. D:

One of the better episode, with the plot finally moving forward. That ice cream tasting part made me laugh and once again Misaka putting on that act at the restaurant was fuck*ng awesome, moe and funny at the same time.
lol at kuroko smashing her head, n yeah, moe do kills ;p

p.s. after reading u guys' post i finally able to connect this ep with index's first ep (change quite a bit tho, including the reason of black out)
oblivious is a bliss
Nov 20, 2009 8:28 PM

Jun 2009
kage-bunshin said:
everyone is just falling unconcious for no apparent reason, so they turn to... the streaker woman!

Hey in times of strife, only fools turn to those that aren't a little crazy!

You know, if Kuroko keeps beating her head against blunt objects throughout this show, she's liable to accidentally transport her brains to the outside world. Assuming they're still in one piece at that point...
Nov 20, 2009 8:56 PM

Jun 2008
BiriBiri's act was irresistibly AWESOME!!!

@ everyone, STFU about Touma, he's a lame character and the less we see of him the better. The fact that he has already appeared in this anime will keep it from getting a perfect score from me.

ONCE AGAIN......... RAILGUN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>crappy index anime
Nov 20, 2009 9:20 PM

Jul 2009
I'm still very interested, but I can only hope for Index to appear eventually.

I am still hoping this merges with Index.
Nov 20, 2009 9:29 PM
Dec 2008
alexcampos said:

@ everyone, STFU about Touma, he's a lame character and the less we see of him the better. The fact that he has already appeared in this anime will keep it from getting a perfect score from me.

The point is that there's no reason for them to butcher the connection between Index and Railgun >.<, but nonetheless I still enjoyed this episode.
Nov 20, 2009 10:56 PM

Nov 2007
Woo. We are getting the plot.

Nov 20, 2009 11:30 PM

Nov 2007
I LOVED the episode! Kuroko was LOL and Mikoto was just........MOE!!!
But yeah Touma was supposed to be in this episode...oh well the fight made up for t

http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2009/11/21/to-aru-kagaku-no-railgun-08-headesk-edition/

My blog entry on this episode if anyone is interested
Nov 20, 2009 11:56 PM
Nov 2009
cant wait til next week's episode where kuroko's gonna fight that guy in the building, i really liked the fight scene in the manga
Nov 21, 2009 12:36 AM

Jul 2008
Damn, I so wanted to see the scenes below animated -_-'

by that i mean it was clearly different from how it happened from touma's perspective - it even seemed as though touma was meeting her for the first time in index which is definitely not the case in railgun as everyone has see

Rather say Index Anime. In the light novels, during the bridge prologue it is mentioend that Touma and Mikoto knew one another for few months.
NayraelNov 21, 2009 12:45 AM
Nov 21, 2009 1:58 AM

Oct 2009
x3mslayer said:
OMFG Mikoto has outdone herself with that act!!! What the hell was that XD And crying? The story about parents :D She thought of it very quickly :D
I was just a bit surprised, like i was watching a completely different character :P
Never expected her to put up with it, not even for work XD

I know her acting surprised me a lot, how did she become so good? She really should work for Judgment.
Nayrael said:

by that i mean it was clearly different from how it happened from touma's perspective - it even seemed as though touma was meeting her for the first time in index which is definitely not the case in railgun as everyone has see

Rather say Index Anime. In the light novels, during the bridge prologue it is mentioend that Touma and Mikoto knew one another for few months.

Oh, how it is too bad they did not animate this part! It would have been better if they that! It was a really good part! Really good!
alexcampos said:

No Touma is great! Has his own unique personality and power. Don't think anyone can be him.
alexcampos said:
ONCE AGAIN......... RAILGUN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>crappy index anime

No Railgun = good points (action unique + comedy) and Index = good points (serious parts + more science/magic points)
francismeunierNov 21, 2009 2:09 AM

Nov 21, 2009 3:10 AM

Jul 2009
Nayrael said:

Yeah..it's a major different, cause they should asked that leader gang instead leaving her freezing like that..they wanted to know about Lv Upper right? why they just leave her like that..strange way to investigate..
Nov 21, 2009 3:41 AM

Nov 2007
alexcampos said:
We care because...?

God Mikoto was so moe. Irreversible damage to my nutbladder. As for Level Upper, I think it's rather predictable where they're going to go with it but I'm interested nonetheless.
Nov 21, 2009 3:42 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
alexcampos said:

No Touma is great! Has his own unique personality and power. Don't think anyone can be him.

He is in no way unique, almost every harem anime have an exact replica of Touma.. And I for one absolutely despise the characteristics of those characters. They are all useless, throw themselves in unnecessary dangers, are stupid and usually just suck at everything.
Yet against all logic they always managed to save the day and everybody loves them, it just make me sick.
My fist to Toumas face would easily put him down.. or a led bullet to the head, I'd love to see him block that -.-

Anyway really exited over the next episode :D
I wonder if Saten will use that level upper (talk about a lame name) and gain a ability of her own :)
Also too bad they didn't show the part where she washed all of Uiharu body ;)
EternalDreamerNov 21, 2009 4:02 AM
Nov 21, 2009 3:44 AM

Jul 2008
I wonder if Saten will use that level upper (talk about a lame name) and gain a ability of her own :)

Lame name? Lets see the alternative's:

1. Espero-Steroids
2. Touma's Fortune
3. Dream-Maker
4. Level+
5. The Strnghtening Machine of Doom

Hmm... Level-Upper is a great name...
Nov 21, 2009 3:47 AM

Jul 2009
Nayrael said:

1. Espero-Steroids
2. Touma's Fortune
3. Dream-Maker
4. Level+

It's short, it's easy to memorized, it's described it's purposed..good way to advertise "Lv Up your Lv with Lv Upper" XD
Nov 21, 2009 4:00 AM

Jul 2009
Nayrael said:

1. Espero-Steroids
2. Touma's Fortune
3. Dream-Maker
4. Level+

Hehe true
But still, it's a very unimaginative and lame name =P

Not that I can come up with anything better right here and now^^
Nov 21, 2009 4:30 AM

Oct 2009
EternalDreamer said:
francismeunier said:
alexcampos said:

He is in no way unique, almost every harem anime have an exact replica of Touma.. And I for one absolutely despise the characteristics of those characters. They are all useless, throw themselves in unnecessary dangers, are stupid and usually just suck at everything.
Yet against all logic they always managed to save the day and everybody loves them, it just make me sick.
My fist to Toumas face would easily put him down.. or a led bullet to the head, I'd love to see him block that -.-

Anyway really exited over the next episode :D
Also too bad they didn't show the part where she washed all of Uiharu body ;)
I don't think Touma is exactly like that but I like him even if he is like that just because he does have a power I did not see in other animes....then again I did not see a lot but still I don't hate his type at all. There are some exceptions but we all have our likes and don't like.

Nov 21, 2009 5:27 AM

Jul 2008
Nayrael said:

Same here, that scene was just hilarious and I love Misaka's expressions there ! But overall it was pretty nicely made episode and I'm just really happy that they're getting the plot !

Nov 21, 2009 6:58 AM

Apr 2009
nice episode. interesting about the level upper stuff, and decent action scenes.
Nov 21, 2009 7:03 AM

Apr 2008
awesome xD the take off clothes women appear again xD

Nov 21, 2009 8:46 AM

Oct 2009
Does anyone know what is the point of Heinseberg's uncertainty principle of quantum theory and Shrodinger's cat have to do with the Personal Realities?

Nov 21, 2009 8:51 AM

Jul 2008
A lot. Lets leave it like that because those theories are worth a whole bunch of complicated text.
Nov 21, 2009 10:52 AM

Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
Does anyone know what is the point of Heinseberg's uncertainty principle of quantum theory and Shrodinger's cat have to do with the Personal Realities?

Because basically they are all about perceptive and just leave it at that because am bored writing 2000 words. For more information just study them.

Moe Biribiri certainly was the most funny moment in the episode. Seeing her acting like that i completely understand why Kuroko was acting like that. I bet she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

It looks like now we are getting more deeply in to the plot. A certain level 0 girl would do something dangerous from the looks of it.
Nov 21, 2009 11:47 AM

Apr 2008
Another great episode. This show keeps growing on me.
Nov 21, 2009 12:24 PM
Apr 2008
Interesting episode, but I still do not like where the story is going with the Level Upper. Considering the series is going to be 24 episodes, it is likely to be just one chunk/chapter in the series, which is fine by me as I don't see this to be very interesting. I do hope it gets better over time...
Nov 21, 2009 12:28 PM

Aug 2008
Did they just make a retcon of what happened in Index?
Nov 21, 2009 12:58 PM

Apr 2009
Whoa, mention of synesthesia was random. Or maybe not. Secret soundtrack on board elicits leveling up?

Nov 21, 2009 1:49 PM

Apr 2008
Where was Touma? Why did they change that part of the manga? That's really, really bad.
Nov 21, 2009 2:50 PM
Oct 2007
Kuroko is really growing on me. Her voice is still annoying but she's got a great personality, lol.

This was a great episode. It looks like the Level Upper is some sort of music? That would make sense why the graviton guy always had headphones on him. Can't wait for the next episode now. Seems like Saten might try out the Level Upper.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 19, 2010

373 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2010

213 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 5, 2010

147 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 26, 2010

147 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Feb 19, 2010

154 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 10:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.