Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 13, 2009 8:56 AM
May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"GEKOTA :D!!! ...jya nai ka...:'("

Touma's hand is INVINCIBLE! Or so it appears, anyway. We finally get some real plot, and it looks like it's going stay on track for a while. Biribiri gets better by the episode, and Kuroko's little half-teleport-half-run was awesome.

The sound on my stream cut off right before the ED, so I couldn't figure out what they were talking about in the scene after the ED (the characteristic MIKOTO VENDIE-KICK was awesome as always) or the preview...bleh...But Uiharu finally catches her cold...
Nov 13, 2009 9:04 AM

Dec 2006
i'm so happy that the screenplay and direction keep getting better and better. minor changes for major impact.

i was so surprised to see that they didn't split this chapter into two episodes. up until the very end (after the credits) i was sure the line that he says to her was going to be in the next episode. we're really getting into now what made me love this manga and so for me every episode is really a one-of-a-kind experience. it comes, it goes.

i can't wait to ask my friend who is watching this what he thinks is going on. of course to me it seems like it should be totally obvious to other people by now but maybe not. i mean both me and my sister were caught totally off guard so who knows.

no justin.tv again this time ... but at least i was able to see nearly everything via keyhole. crapcaps:

asdf1248 said:
"GEKOTA :D!!! ...jya nai ka...:'("

tsuu ka zenzen mitenee shi ... (did she really say mitenee?? that's what i remember hearing ...)

asdf1248 said:
The sound on my stream cut off right before the ED, so I couldn't figure out what they were talking about in the scene after the ED (the characteristic MIKOTO VENDIE-KICK was awesome as always) or the preview...bleh...But Uiharu finally catches her cold...

it was the scene when he says to her "minna buji da kara, mondai nee shi" and it rocks her world. definitely in my top 3 favorite scenes from the entire manga thus far.

and yeah we get to watch saten bath-massage uiharu next ep. their touching yuri-to-yuri.
Nov 13, 2009 9:12 AM
May 2009
protoman96 said:
i was so surprised to see that they didn't split this chapter into two episodes. up until the very end (after the credits) i was sure the line that he says to her was going to be in the next episode

I actually thought the episode was going to end right after the BAKUHATSU with a cliffhanger. Then I realized that time wasn't over yet. That would've been rather cliché, though.

EDIT: Gonna go re-read the manga chapters.
Nov 13, 2009 12:31 PM

Jun 2008
Enjoyed the episode very much.

How did Mikoto get to the culprit the second after the explosion? Kuroko showing up suddenly seems convincing because of teleport, but Mikoto?
protoman96 said:
tsuu ka zenzen mitenee shi ... (did she really say mitenee?? that's what i remember hearing ...)
Think she said "... zenzen nitenai shi...".
Nov 13, 2009 1:53 PM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverNov 13, 2009 2:25 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 13, 2009 3:33 PM

Aug 2007
touma's the shit. need more touma!!!!!!!!!
Nov 13, 2009 3:53 PM

Jul 2008
Great episode.

birirbiri was so cute with the pajamas and Gekota

Shirai' run was awesome.

I felt bad for Saten-san though.
Nov 13, 2009 3:55 PM

Oct 2009
There are some things that really did not get solved like Misaka hitting that guy at the end did not help him at all to cure his bully problem. Misaka was nice in her pajamas but I think the new pajama suits her more with the color. Liked the whole shopping part. The class of AIM was interesting too. Touma helping the girl who lost her bag last episode was so cute and nice of him. Misaka's railgun was quite something too with the effect shown. Panties stuff is getting old, try better with them. Touma made me so happy this episode even if it was a little time he had. Misaka really was bad! She completely dropped that coin and failed at her railgun. It was thanks to Touma! He is really the hero and a great one because he saved that little girl. T_T + ^_^ is my expressions. Really proud of Touma on those shots. Way to go Touma you made my day!
All glorify Touma! He is the hero! Hail to his hand...Imagine Breaker! Touma! Touma! Touma! Touma!(crappy shots by from episode) fixed==>
Once more Touma was amazing! All hail Touma! He saved a child...he is a hero! My heart goes to him.
tigerz said:
touma's the shit.the hero need more touma!!!!!!!!!

there fixed...Exactly about needs more Touma involvement.
argilium said:
Proselyt said:

How did Mikoto get to the culprit the second after the explosion? Kuroko showing up suddenly seems convincing because of teleport, but Mikoto?
Kuroko could teleport at most two people along with her, you know.. though even if that didn't happen, that guy is walking slowly and thought that they could not catch up to him.. and how are you sure that the scene in the alley happened a second after the explosion?? they could have used an unnumbered cut..

Logic says Kuroko but then it means she went there teleported Misaka knowing that Uiharu/girl were safe because of Touma then caught the guy.....I did not see any of that so just supposing.
francismeunierNov 13, 2009 5:19 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 13, 2009 4:07 PM

Apr 2009
Proselyt said:

Kuroko could teleport at most two people along with her, you know.. though even if that didn't happen, that guy is walking slowly and thought that they could not catch up to him.. and how are you sure that the scene in the alley happened a second after the explosion?? they could have used an unnumbered cut..

anyway.. this episode is amazing.. haha.. i really love friday to saturday.. i get to have kampfer, dtb2, nyankoi, seitokai and this..
Nov 13, 2009 4:09 PM
Mar 2009
Great episode, this show can never go wrong when have some Biribiri and Touma interaction. Needless to say this episode had me on the edge of my seat. More action like this is much needed in this show.
Nov 13, 2009 4:11 PM

Oct 2009
PsychFreak said:
Needless to say this episode had me on the edge of my seat. More action like this is much needed in this show.
Same here was excited, heart beatings and on the edge of the seat as you say.

Nov 13, 2009 5:21 PM
Oct 2007
Really? I thought it was rather predictable. And maybe it was just me, anti-climatic as well. The Touma and Misaka interaction was good though. I enjoyed that much of it.
Nov 13, 2009 5:29 PM

Jul 2009
Ah finally they picking up the pace with this arc..

Instead of anti-climatic i thought it is climbing, 24 episode..so no wonder they slow on the pace
Nov 13, 2009 5:53 PM
Jun 2009
touma is the man all he does is save people i still stand opinion that they should have just made a sequel to the touma index and not this side story because there is so much i mean a shit ton of stuff that wasnt in the first season of index so much they could make 4 seasons im still hopeing they make a sequel to index after railgun is done i mean hell touma is the man everyone can agree and he's a pimp(even if he doesnt know it lol)
Nov 13, 2009 6:22 PM

Sep 2007
I'm not understanding something or I simply must've missed it in a previous episode or back in Index. From what I understand at the top of my head, Touma's ability is to cancel out another ability. And from what I understood from the last episode, the Graviton ability manipulates aluminum or some metal and it causes an explosion. However, the resulting explosion is not exactly part of the ability, should it? If it's not, then how is Touma able to cancel it out? Unless Touma's ability is to cancel out the ability and whatever resulting side effects it causes, he shouldn't be able to do as such.
Nov 13, 2009 6:31 PM

Sep 2008
I wasn't enjoying the episode much until Touma appeared. He made it enjoyable for me, alright episode overall though. Still waiting for a proper consistent plot-line to begin, people keep saying there is one....
Nov 13, 2009 6:40 PM

Jul 2009
one of the best ep ever!
i still like toumaxmisaka
Nov 13, 2009 6:58 PM

Nov 2007
Wasabi said:
I'm not understanding something or I simply must've missed it in a previous episode or back in Index. From what I understand at the top of my head, Touma's ability is to cancel out another ability. And from what I understood from the last episode, the Graviton ability manipulates aluminum or some metal and it causes an explosion. However, the resulting explosion is not exactly part of the ability, should it? If it's not, then how is Touma able to cancel it out? Unless Touma's ability is to cancel out the ability and whatever resulting side effects it causes, he shouldn't be able to do as such.

I think that the explosion is considered part of the ability seeing as if Misaka fired a railgun at Touma his ability nullifies it anything produced by the ability is therefore nullified or something like that =/
Nov 13, 2009 6:59 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I laughed when Misaka was frustrated that Touma would only act so cool in front of her....

Wasabi said:

"the Graviton ability manipulates aluminum or some metal and it causes an explosion" ---> That's what I have pointed out to be a problematic statement in the last episode. We were never explained how the explosion occurred. From this episode, it seems that the explosions were PART of that guy's ability.

Finally, Level Upper is the title of the next episode. They will finally start explaining why all these incidents were occurring. The "tool that will raise your ability level fast", thus explaining the discrepancies in the database.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 13, 2009 7:35 PM

Oct 2009
wakka9ca said:
I laughed when Misaka was frustrated that Touma would only act so cool in front of her....

yeah that was pretty funny xD

Touma ftw

_Shakugan_no_Shana_S_
Nov 13, 2009 8:11 PM

May 2008
Was Touma this cool in Index? Maybe it has to do with him being less preachy but I didn't mind that at all, as long as he was still canceling out other abilities.

I still feel for him because he was touched by the feather, if you know what I mean.

But this series is about Mikoto and certainly adding some plot and more biri-biri anger/frustration makes things a lot better.

Going back to Touma for a sec, I wouldn't mind watching a whole series just on Touma and his everyday misfortunes. Unless if Index was supposed to be exactly that (not really though) and just a cool character in Railgun.
Nov 13, 2009 8:55 PM

Jun 2009
Wasn't expecting the bomber to get caught this ep, but still satisfying. Since he seemed to be acting completely alone, I'm curious how the plot will continue next week, especially considering the tiny bits of foreshadowing we've seen since the beginning.

Speaking of foreshadowing, I really hope that 'level upper' thing doesn't exist and doesn't level Saten up. Part of her charm is the fact that she's without a power, which is an interesting counterpoint to the other three. Plus that scene with her thinking aloud to Biribiri was just perfect.

One more thing...

Situational awareness: always relevant.
Nov 13, 2009 9:04 PM
Sep 2009

*sip*
Nov 13, 2009 10:00 PM

Jan 2009
Haha, I was surprised Touma showed up at the mall. Then I was expecting to see Index, but it was just the little girl from the previous episode. Touma was awesome in this episode because his Imagine Breaker saves the day!

Want more ToumaxBiriBiri.
Nov 13, 2009 10:30 PM
Jul 2009
Awesome fun episode ^_^ Touma saving the day woot! More ToumaxBiribiri would definitely be better, but I still love this show.
Nov 13, 2009 10:59 PM

Oct 2009
Spookt said:
Wasn't expecting the bomber to get caught this ep, but still satisfying. Since he seemed to be acting completely alone, I'm curious how the plot will continue next week, especially considering the tiny bits of foreshadowing we've seen since the beginning.

Yeah about the bomber, the sad part is that his bullying like I said before did not get solved, Misaki should have done something more than punch him.
Spookt said:
Speaking of foreshadowing, I really hope that 'level upper' thing doesn't exist and doesn't level Saten up.

Spookt said:
One more thing...

Situational awareness: always relevant.

Yeah that bomber should have never talked like that at all.
xNovice said:

*sip*

Cute, cute

Nov 13, 2009 11:10 PM

Feb 2008
I think this is the first time I've dozed off while watching anime.
Nov 13, 2009 11:12 PM

Feb 2009
Clench those teeth!

Imagine Breaker was cheap in To Aru Majutsu no Index, it still seems cheap here.

Funny nobody did an investigation on why there was a cone area unharmed by the explosion. No wonder their database is f*cked up if nobody gives a damn. :p
Nov 13, 2009 11:22 PM

Jun 2008
Touma saves the day again!

I didn't expect them to catch the bomber already this episode, thought they would drag it for another. Oh well, no complaints :p

Alexstratz said:

Funny nobody did an investigation on why there was a cone area unharmed by the explosion. No wonder their database is f*cked up if nobody gives a damn. :p

They probably just assumed it was Mikoto's doing.
Nov 13, 2009 11:28 PM
Mar 2009
I really do love this show. This episode was great, it's so good to finally see the action again.

But I've all but given up hope of ever seeing how Biribiri and Touma meet in the novels T__T

Nov 13, 2009 11:59 PM

May 2008
ShanaMelon19 said:
wakka9ca said:

yeah that was pretty funny xD

Touma ftw
I agree XD, lol
poor vending machine...
Nov 14, 2009 12:14 AM

May 2008
what no one saw Touma doing it other den Misaka o_o

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 14, 2009 12:23 AM

Jan 2008
Yay more Touma :3
Nov 14, 2009 12:58 AM
Nov 2009
the scene where kuroko was teleporting was badass! best ability ever!
Nov 14, 2009 1:04 AM

Jul 2009
About time Touma showed up, and boy he showed up with BADASSNESS in this epi XD

This show needs more Touma, even though his not the main here :P
This is a signature.
Nov 14, 2009 1:33 AM

Sep 2009
it was awesome to see touma xD
he saved the day with imagine breaker he is so cool xD
good episode :)
wonder why misaka didn't mention it was touma who saved the day x3

Nov 14, 2009 1:45 AM

Sep 2009
Touma was great this episode. I love the interaction with Misaka.

I would like at least every other episode to have this much action or more.
Nov 14, 2009 2:07 AM

Jul 2008
tomo once again saves the day, and yet hes not even the main character anymore!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 14, 2009 3:00 AM

Jul 2008
they are really trying to make touma as cool as possible^^
but didnt know that misaka started as level one.

Nov 14, 2009 3:30 AM

Jul 2009
I wasn't enjoying the episode much until Touma appeared. He made it enjoyable for me, alright episode overall though. Still waiting for a proper consistent plot-line to begin, people keep saying there is one....
Funny it was the complete opposite for me. Quite liked this ep until that guy showed up..
God he's annoying -.-'

Also how the hell did Mikoto get out so fast and just happened to stumble upon the culprit in a dark alley?

Started off good but the last part was shite.
Nov 14, 2009 3:42 AM

Oct 2009
EternalDreamer said:

Also how the hell did Mikoto get out so fast and just happened to stumble upon the culprit in a dark alley?

Me and someone supposed Shirai teleported Mikoto there but it is just ridiculous they did not show that. There is no other logic about that. There is no possible solution that Mikoto could have made it there so fast other than teleport.

Nov 14, 2009 3:58 AM
Dec 2008
EternalDreamer said:

It's because she has a radar that pinpoints the exact location of cute stuff toys, and unlucky for bomber guy, he had lots of those in his bag.
Nov 14, 2009 3:59 AM

Sep 2008
EternalDreamer said:

Funny it was the complete opposite for me. Quite liked this ep until that guy showed up..
God he's annoying -.-'

I don't see how he can be annoying with majority of the females in the cast of this :/
Nov 14, 2009 4:23 AM

Jul 2008

He walked very slowly and even stood in one spot for some time.
Mikoto ran (and I think she is quite good in athletics).
Nov 14, 2009 4:28 AM

Oct 2009
Nayrael said:

I think Shirai teleported her somehow. Either way the problem is that they did not show how.

Nov 14, 2009 4:58 AM
Mar 2009
francismeunier said:
Nayrael said:

I think Shirai teleported her somehow. Either way the problem is that they did not show how.

Mikoto can use the electricity to propel herself faster remember? It was shown briefly in Index, near the end of the series I think.

Nov 14, 2009 5:11 AM
Sep 2009
chinlamp said:

Mikoto can use the electricity to propel herself faster remember? It was shown briefly in Index, near the end of the series I think.

Not only that, but it was shown in the last episode when she caught the bag before it fell into the fountain.
Nov 14, 2009 5:45 AM

Apr 2008
Woo Touma appear again xD

Nov 14, 2009 6:33 AM

Jan 2009
What the heck is that guy listening to anyway? o.O
Maniac.

Touma lol, always at the right place at the right moments : D
And Gekotan xD

And then Touma blocks the power with his Imagine Breaker, subarashii : D
Followed by some Misaka awesomeness : D

Hey hey, if this guy was in possession of the level upper.. Why does that iPod of his make me believe that could be it? O.o

Oh well, more Misaka x Touma scenes kthnx
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 14, 2009 6:43 AM

Jun 2008
Oosran said:
Oh well, more Misaka x Touma scenes kthnx

Agreed. I liked how Misaka thought to herself that she get's a weird feeling whenever Touma is around. Guess what deary, it's called you really, really like this guy. You just haven't discovered love yet.

Plus see these two with the young girl, all I could say was "awww" and "they would make a cute couple."
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 19, 2010

373 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2010

213 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 5, 2010

147 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 26, 2010

147 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Feb 19, 2010

154 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 10:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.