Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Condition Called Love
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 27, 5:22 AM

Nov 2013
Wtf? Why lash out so hard on the blond guy?
And what's with creepy "recharge" scene? Was he sniffing her or something? In which universe is this cute and romantic?
I'd agree with the other guy saying Hananoi may kill someone due to minor misunderstanding. Guy's seriously messed up.
Apr 27, 6:33 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm still intrigued by this show solely because of Hananoi, i just really wish they would feed some more information about his past in there, feels like it's not enough we shoul know of right now.

Apr 27, 6:58 AM
Sep 2021
Hananoi & Hinase are trying to understand one another & they are doing their best to improve their relationship. It had nice moments thanks to that.
Apr 27, 8:59 AM
Mar 2024
i a i a, huhh i didnt even knew what to say. I mean the romance just feel kinda empty to this point, and it just show of as how possesive Hannanoi is when he said about how hard it would be make her just his. I think i prefer those character with their naiveness, when they get closer they got flustered and stuff, some shoujo is good but this one, idk I just didnt get it, even if i am being a girl, TBH i would feel more like in annoyed than safe at certain point.

i like the last eps where they skate, like man i cheered so bad when he carry her like a princess, especially with the height diffrent, she just look cute when she was being carried.

it also shown that he wasnt being open to the blonde dude even tho he is being friendly, i think he only being good to women as far as i see. This guy got a problem for sure, just hoping he will have a character development like Hotaru did where she start to understand more about love.

the book store story was also kinda, hmmm man dude probably have been waiting for at least an hour till she finish her part time job. Always be there for the one you love is nice

idk, this show is just confusing, cus my perspective just contradicted to how i would treat someone, even before i understand about it i didnt just like go and hey i think you are my soulmate lets be couple, even if you are attractive. I mean who would date some random person just because they kind to you, you just devoted yourself so much to this random person just doesnt make any sense, even love at first sight would also take time to fall deeper to someone.

For those who already have their own perspective of how love life work, will be pretty hard to follow up to the story imo, cus if you put yourself as Hotaru it's just not working cus in the first eps we already saw him breaking up with a women and then he just straigt up asking hotaru to date him?? come on do you think that make sense?? he is just being desprate, unless you also have less knowladge and your vision of love is not fixed yet, it will definitly look sweet and wholesome.

Love are for everyone in our family, we are not looking for a girlfriend or boyfriend, what we want is not a reletionship for fun, we want a wife or husband, and not just for fun but for a better future, for a better and happier life. She or he doesnt belong 100% to us, they are still related to their family, either they want it or not, but we still have to face it. Their heart is 100% ours but not their life, even if our life have been merge as a family, they still have their own life and problem, there is where our job as a partner cames in, we are there to held relieve their stress and support their back when they need us the most. When they trully loves you, what you have doesnt matter, but having you beside them does matter, your presence are a gift to them.
Apr 27, 10:23 AM

Feb 2019
Why does it feel like something really bad is building up? Just a creepy feeling... Am I crazy?
Apr 28, 7:57 AM

Aug 2015
Reply to angel1309
every couple of frames, there is a cursed one
i hate how they don't care about romance anime 😭
i know it looks pretty similar but the feeeeeling is not thereee
my shoujo sparkles 🥹

edit: seeing then side by side, the anime is fanmade
they look nothing alike, he doesn't have teeth 😭😭

@angel1309 The guy looks like he's had at least one girlfriend, but he blushes just because Hotaru touches his hair, how's that possible?
Apr 28, 8:00 AM

Jan 2018
This episode explored the relationship dynamic between Hananoi and Hotaru a bit more but Hananoi's behaviour is still pretty creepy. After Hotaru shows Hananoi her childhood photos she asks for his childhood photos as well with him remarking they would be boring to look at. An explanation of his past might shed some light to his current behaviour however, which we may see in the coming episodes.

While the animation in the earlier episodes wasn't the greatest, this episode unfortunately looked even worse. Hopefully the studio will be able to improve upon this.
Apr 28, 8:47 AM
Oct 2021
TuyNOM said:
@angel1309 The guy looks like he's had at least one girlfriend, but he blushes just because Hotaru touches his hair, how's that possible?

idk how to cover spoilers so

he knew her from waaaayyy before , waaaaaaaaaay before
Apr 28, 12:24 PM

Aug 2012
Bruh…I can’t.

Hananoi continues to be superficial and I’m hoping we will have some development for his personality. S.i.m.p like qualities left and right with a touch of creep. I was surprised from the previous episodes he said he would not be friends with her - that’s one thing where he stood his ground. However, other than that…it’s frustrating to watch. It seems like his personality from the first 5 minutes of episode one is different compared to now as well. He seemed to stand his ground when he broke up with his girl…he was aware of his needs, desires etc. But here? Hinase can walk all over him and he seems cool as long as they are “in a relationship”.

Now, Hinase? *sigh*
I think it’s amazing how a girl can test out the relationship this far and who knows how far it will go. Looks like she’s developing feelings for him now, but to go through this extent?

Anyway, all seems sus. Let’s see how it goes…?
I mean, if it works - it works.

Apr 28, 3:35 PM

May 2013
Reply to Ishitateso
@Animequeen_xx The only thing that was good was that I realized I liked the ending song.
@Ishitateso Yeah, I really dig the ED. I actually really liked the show up through the first 3 episodes, even if there were some weird energies from Hananoi. This episode he definitely alienated me a bit, but hopefully there'll be more explanation as to why he did what he did.
Apr 28, 9:13 PM

Mar 2008
I feel sorry for that guy trying to get to know Hananoia but he just shuts him off. Hotaru also shuts people out a lot apparently. I guess they have that in common. At least they both got to open up to eachother some.

Lightskynight said:
He seemed to stand his ground when he broke up with his girl…he was aware of his needs, desires etc. But here? Hinase can walk all over him and he seems cool as long as they are “in a relationship”.

I think she broke up with him and it made him feel like he failed her and that he must have not really loved her for a breakup to happen and that angered her so it made it kind of look like he was the one dumping her.
traedApr 28, 9:20 PM
Apr 28, 11:01 PM

Apr 2019
good to see that she's finally starting to have some character development, bro wanted to hold hands during the first shrine visit but she misunderstood, i thought she gonna keep doing that, it's a good thing she realized that she's making him feel uncomfortable sometimes and making everything awkward, i hope to see more development from them.
Apr 29, 9:25 AM

Oct 2011
Damn, bro is kinda weird. I mean, I knew he was weird but I wonder if we will get 'you thought it was a cute school romance, but here comes the drama'. I got yandere vibes from him before and I feel like it's only getting stronger.

Oho, we've got a rival coming.

Please don't tell me the girl she had a falling out with was jealous or something because the (i'm guessing) rival dude fell in love with Hotaru.

I really liked Hananoi's blushing face, maybe I will start manga.
Apr 30, 1:28 AM
Oct 2010
Just pure amazing.. This anime just get better and better every each episode.. I love how this getting slowly and steadily so they can understand each other.. It feels so real and touching. 😭💕
I watched 4 episode at once and I was not even in the mood for romance but now I can't stop watching they are just so adorable.. The character really well done build.
Apr 30, 1:34 AM
Oct 2010
Reply to angel1309
every couple of frames, there is a cursed one
i hate how they don't care about romance anime 😭
i know it looks pretty similar but the feeeeeling is not thereee
my shoujo sparkles 🥹

edit: seeing then side by side, the anime is fanmade
they look nothing alike, he doesn't have teeth 😭😭

I still like the animation so I don't agree with everyone who's they say it's bad..
But I agree in this scene.. he was much shocked in manga version so his teeth was clear but in the anime his mouth was not that open so his teeth didn't appeared.. But it felt more emotional and shocked in manga version hoped they delivered that better, it was really important scene too.
Apr 30, 1:41 AM
Oct 2010
Reply to n3jir3
What happened with the animation this episode? It was really disappointing tbh.

Hananoi has still been giving me the creeps, but I’m really trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.
@n3jir3 its clear he have some kind of emotional taruma (due to something happened in his past) .. And he want to express that by loving someone.. (that what I get from first episode) though he is becoming more and more better each episode.
I didn't read the manga or novel if there one.. But I really want so badly to know what happened to him in his past and back story.
Apr 30, 3:39 AM
Apr 2016
They go on as a couple but it was really meh the 80% of the chapter. It was interesant the last part.
Apr 30, 11:51 PM

Jan 2011
was legit shooked when he just went off so coldly on that guy poor dude

i'm out i know they are building something up with these two but it's just not healthy to watch i just keep going this would be cute if it wasn't devoid of any real love

male or female this level of obsession just comes off super bad vibes mate

music slapped though
May 4, 1:42 AM
Apr 2024
This episode is quite good.
I appreciate Hananoi's thoughtfulness and his self-control not to touch Hotaru without permission. I also observe that he is really grateful to Hotaru for giving it a shot to get to know him. Hananoi always waiting for Hotaru to finish her shift and walk her home is really relatable as I have friends who also wait for their girlfriends like this hehehe. I somehow wish someone's waiting for me to spend time together after a day's work

Hotaru is really a lovable girl. It is good that she's always reflecting and willing to put an effort for their relationship to balance Hananoi's overwhelming love/devotion to her. I love how she communicates and doesn't hesitate to speak her mind.

I am glad that I read the manga before the anime adaptation but I am rereading it again just to associate the character's voices hehehe
May 4, 2:15 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to felixsifuri
Each episode pisses me off more, I read at some point that Hananoi is less creepy as it goes on, but so far he's just worse. "Recharging" means pushing someone against a tree for some time, the dude threatens another guy just because he gave her bad advice, then says not to get too close to him or he might do something... Just don't do the thing! Half the anime "romance" is just centered around rapey shit, I swear...
@felixsifuri I don't think he meant recharging in a negative way. I think he was just socially drained from being around people he doesn't know. This happens to people with anxiety (I'm speaking from personal experience with myself). You just feel drained after hanging out with people and Hotaru just happens to be his comfort person. Not sure how any of this is "r*pey" he also didn't push her into the tree and clearly said he wasn't going to touch her.
This never updates so that's cool
May 4, 2:32 PM

Jan 2022
Was anyone else confused with the start of the episode?

Damn, that was pretty ruthless of Hananoi to talk to the blonde guy like that. If he gets on bad terms with everyone it'll cause too much drama with Hotaru as well and will end up separating her from her friends.

But honestly, is Hotaru autistic or something? I mean she has a hard time understanding people.

I really hope we get to find out why Hananoi acts the way he does. At least now we know he has social anxiety lol

Is Yao a childhood friend of Hotaru's?

Its clear some of y'all have never been in a relationship or in love lol
May 4, 2:37 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
Wtf? Why lash out so hard on the blond guy?
And what's with creepy "recharge" scene? Was he sniffing her or something? In which universe is this cute and romantic?
I'd agree with the other guy saying Hananoi may kill someone due to minor misunderstanding. Guy's seriously messed up.
@Sigmar-Unberogen just gonna copy and paste my response to someone who said the same thing about you

I don't think he meant recharging in a negative way. I think he was just socially drained from being around people he doesn't know. This happens to people with anxiety (I'm speaking from personal experience with myself). You just feel drained after hanging out with people and Hotaru just happens to be his comfort person. He also didn't push or force her into the tree and clearly said he wasn't going to touch her. Not sure how any of this is creepy
May 4, 2:38 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to FMmatron
Hananoi acting acoustic and my enjoyment go hand in hand.
@FMmatron I can't tell who's more acoustic...Hotaru or Hananoi
May 9, 10:25 AM
Nov 2022
Is there a love triangle coming? it looks like it is ._.
May 10, 7:07 AM

Mar 2013
This episode b is showing so many red flag signs pointing toward later isolation tactics. Aaaa I hope they do go down a darker path to tell that kind of story instead of romanticizing all these toxic behaviors.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 11, 1:52 PM

Feb 2016
Hananoi is a super shady dude. He says pretty things sometimes, but there is not love but obsession in his acts...
May 12, 11:05 PM
Aug 2015
Reply to felixsifuri
Each episode pisses me off more, I read at some point that Hananoi is less creepy as it goes on, but so far he's just worse. "Recharging" means pushing someone against a tree for some time, the dude threatens another guy just because he gave her bad advice, then says not to get too close to him or he might do something... Just don't do the thing! Half the anime "romance" is just centered around rapey shit, I swear...
@felixsifuri I agree with you.. I dropped it after this episode.
May 14, 6:59 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
New Years with Hananoi, and Hotaru is looking all starry eyed. Suppose it is part of the New Year's tradition to do your shrine visit and make a wish. Hananoi needs some good guy friend bonding tho. He's so tied to Hotaru he doesn't have eyes anywhere else.. the creepy vibes are there.

Three cheers to the little job, get a little cash on the side. Hananoi is still taking every second he can get and sneaking a glance at every aspect of Hotaru, I suppose. At least there's a pigtail W moment.
May 19, 6:03 AM
Apr 2022
Personal opinion, I don't exactly like Hananoi-kun because they he acts is interesting. He needs to learn to not just stay towards one person only like he can't be with Hinase all the time.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16

41 by m0e9i8 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23

43 by Rumbata22 »»
9 hours ago

» Give it more time, It will shine

mohamed_ashraf - May 3

36 by Suprgamr123 »»
Today, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9

54 by cooldogmom »»
Yesterday, 5:49 PM

» Post Credit Scene for Episode 7

TheMageDalamar - May 17

5 by starnit »»
May 17, 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.