Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 5, 9:55 AM

Oct 2011
Seems interesting, I went into it expecting it to be boring and something I wouldn't care for but it's not bad. Kinda can't wait for next epsiode.
Apr 5, 11:39 AM

Nov 2023
It looks completely bizarre, but the premise is really interesting. Although the story is just about 7G breaking the world and a group of girls looking for their missing friend, it still looks like it's going to be entertaining to watch.
Apr 5, 11:42 AM
Dec 2022
so original
I liked
Apr 5, 11:45 AM
Feb 2024
I hope it's not another wonder egg. The first episode was pretty good and we're definitely off to an interesting start
Apr 5, 1:45 PM
Mar 2019
Reply to Takata
Not sure what I'm walking into with this series. I think I kind of liked Gakkou Gurashi, but I couldn't bear to watch more than a few episodes of Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryouko. Kemono Friends was great though.

Wonder why the figure is 21 1/4 years old to turn into an animal though...
If I interpret that as a date, it could be 2021 April 1, about 3 years ago from today, while the anime indicates a 2 year time skip...
If I convert it to days, it's about 7762 days, which is about 2 weeks short of 7777 days. Maybe it's close enough that they just say "21 years 3 months"?
@Takata Possibly because 21 years and 3 months is 255 months. 255 is an important number (maximum unsigned value) for 8 bit systems. Wikipedia provides a good explanation.
Apr 5, 3:29 PM
Oct 2022
Great! Love that vibe of inevitable apocalypse, yet it's not all grim and grey, but chaotic and crazy instead.
Apr 5, 4:18 PM
Mar 2012
expected a train otaku show, but this super weird, seem like those feverdream fables but post apocalypse.
Characters ramble on a lot tho. Sun bear seem turning...
Capybara & guinea pig granny adorbs but oof.
Those trucks sure got some madmax vibes. Mr Train weird but gave some worldbuilding.
That pessimist aside, main group seem fun & varied for a nice roadtrip.
ED & OP such chill.
Apr 5, 5:20 PM
Nov 2021
That's what I call unique, in a good sense.
Apr 5, 10:41 PM

Jun 2015
I thought its just a CGDCT
what the fuck is this!?

that was an interesting first episode, the world became distorted and people turned into animals (+some to trees?? and those marks from the supply truck looked like zombie stuffs). really omoshiroi.

and this is an original anime? that means no one knows what is even coming and now im even more excited for more.

also the OP / ED are good!
Apr 5, 11:49 PM
Apr 2021
i dont know what's going on but i'm interested.

i do hope it doesnt end like wonder egg
Apr 6, 9:53 AM
Sep 2014
Let's hope it doesn't turn into a Humanity Has Declined type of series that just fades out into nothingness. CGDST (Cute Girls Do Strange Things) for the win!
Apr 6, 1:02 PM
Nov 2022
I don't know what just I watch....I did not expect the anime gonna be like this...it is make me so confused for first episode...

Well as long it make me interesting it not gonna be bad to watch it.

Opening and ending song really good
Apr 6, 4:34 PM

Aug 2020
Oh another celebration anime. Metallic Rouge last season.

Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? is interesting. I initially thought that this would be like Girls Last Tour, with only the girls in the story. The premise is good enough to keep me watching. Let's see where this will end.

Apr 6, 10:22 PM
Jan 2023
No seriously what the fuck did i just watch
Apr 7, 12:19 AM

Jul 2021
1. Read news about the show before the season begins. See poster and synopsis and assume it's a "cute girls on a train" show.

2. Check MAL page when season begins. Notice that this show commemorates some Japan railway anniversary and assume the show will be promotional and boring.

3. Check out Episode 1 on a whim, because there aren't many Spring 2024 shows out yet.

4. ???

5. Get fully on-board.

This looks pretty well-animated and snappily-edited. Scenes come across off-kilter and extra comedic, but not sloppy. It's way better than I expected from such a weird and nonsensical story. Is it just me?
Apr 7, 3:54 PM
Jan 2009
This isn't a sequel to something right? I know its not listed as one so its probably not but it seems like it is.
Apr 7, 4:19 PM

Apr 2014
This is definitely the weirdest anime plot that I have seen in years. I'm really curious at how this one will turn out.
Apr 8, 10:29 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Is... is this an anime for those people who were destroying 5G towers back in the day? Like what is up with that effect making a district into Wonderland, changing people into animals among other effects? This is very strange but from the trailer I could tell something was off. I'm just hoping this doesn't turn into another Wonder Egg.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 8, 11:47 AM
Jun 2012
Let the happy train anime adventure begin!

Apr 9, 10:07 AM

Nov 2012
Oh, this one seems promising.
Apr 10, 9:01 AM
Aug 2020
i wanted to give it a try and it was better than expected...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 10, 3:02 PM
Oct 2019
No idea what was going on, but i love it

capybara
Apr 11, 4:55 AM

Jan 2017
Looks promising!
Apr 11, 1:43 PM

Nov 2011
Reply to winddevil1
what the hell am i watching lmao
this for sure wasn't waht i expected

i'm not sure i like the animal filled world, or the fact that the girls will turn into animals too... but i guess it might be interesting to follow this train journey
@winddevil1 yeees me neither xD I have no idea what is this series about, but waiting for more xD
maybe a visualization of a conspiracy theory xD
Apr 11, 10:16 PM

Feb 2013
I feel like this is definitely going to make me cry.

I hate that I’m excited about that…
Apr 12, 9:16 AM

May 2021
finally something I'm really excited for this season!! what a happy surprise!!
Apr 12, 10:21 AM

Nov 2015
felt like watching a 20min tiktok lol. its quite original and the backgrounds are creative, im hoping for darker undertones instead of cute stuff tho, lets see
Apr 12, 4:20 PM
May 2023
No way... It cannot be...

Apr 12, 9:37 PM
Oct 2015
Stark700 said:
This was okay, nothing too speical but it has that slice of life-ish feel for the first episode.

One of the main leads Shizuru turns out to be tougher than I had expected. They introduced a decent amount of characters into this and looking forward to see how the show will focus on them. Animation quality feels mediocre imo, especially during the more cartoony moments. However, the background scenes looks gorgeous. It definitely has that suburb feeling though.

Biggest L take I've read
Apr 13, 6:00 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Girls looking cute, ost quite catchy, especially that gatan goton ngl, and va so far really an enjoyable choices with Taoyama Nao being the one i truly appreciate here. Not that i don't recognize other va tho. But Story so far was just okay, idk what should i more to say rather than this is indeed a pretty weird start. Perhaps there's some foreshadowing being served, like why they stopped the change at those point like in midway, then those 7G represented as a train connecting people's mind, whatever. Although overall its still no clue to me what direction this show will get other than our cute mc looking for her cute girl friend.

Either its a flop or a masterpiece, i am taking ride of the bullet train, to the end of the world.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 13, 11:04 AM

May 2022
A creative post apocalypse setting. I imagine we're going to see lots of outlandish things on the journey, with the train being a safe haven of sorts.

I wonder if the kidnapped girl has thrown her lot in with the 7G folk?
Apr 14, 10:52 PM

May 2019
Reply to AkeZZZ
Beware guys! 7G technology can distort our world. lmao...

btw, the train from this episode is Seibu 2000 series. The Agano Station is served by the Seibu Ikebukuro Line, where the origination station is Ikebukuro. One of their future stop could be Hanno, the main location from Yama no Susume.

@AkeZZZ ありがとうございます!

Having an interest for trains in cities particularly, I love the incorporation of real-life railways or any representation like this in anime as it brings representation to the lesser-known prefectures of the country. Also, gotta love the details and CGI they used for the train scenes, so I'll most likely be invested in these scenes as the anime goes on. Really cool how this was announced to commemorate the 150th anniversary of Japan's first railway, even though I don't have much familiarity with Japanese railways.

As for my first impressions, this show wasn't on my radar for the season, but I'm glad that I'm able to catch this early on. I currently don't know what to expect over the next episodes since I haven't watched any trailers, but the premise that this first episode provided was riveting enough. Also, that Zenjirou's transformation was crazy; the subversion of expectations was strong with his appearance, though it sucks it was only for a little bit.

The fast pacing of the dialogue does make it hard to comprehend the plot at times, but I'll forgive it since it will tap into my interest of trains in a post-apocalyptic setting. I'll be waiting to see what is going to be cooked up.
Apr 16, 9:56 AM

Mar 2024
I knew someday the japanese would be the doom of us all...

Very intriguing first episode, I certainly hope it will be more than just CGDCT.
Apr 16, 1:06 PM

Nov 2016
The title and cover gave me major A Place Further Than The Universe vibes. But fuck me, this is so much crazier.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 17, 4:09 AM

Feb 2016
What the fuck did I just watch?
It's great lol
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Apr 18, 7:57 AM
Sep 2021
SO 7G is the reason for all the incidents which is happening in the world in a bad way, so will the girls be successful in their quest to save their friend & everyone else. Interested to find out.
Apr 21, 11:50 AM

Dec 2009
I absolutely lost it!! Oh man taking the 5G craze and making a whole apocalypse from the idea lmao!
You thought 5G was bad, well 6G was worse... but it's got nothing on... 7G

In seriousness though, when i saw that Mad Max lookin truck pull up with the bloody hand prints and bullets all over it... Well i was expecting the horrors to show up later.
GenesisAriaApr 21, 11:55 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 29, 5:43 PM

Dec 2021
A rather quirky show with some glaring red flags hinting at a potential dark turn if you pay attention. Most notably, the animals fully turning and attacking people.

Regardless, it appears that our heroines' objective is to locate their missing friend, recently discovered to be in Ikebukuro. Perhaps they'll also uncover a method to reverse the effects of this 7G network.

The call to adventure at the end of the episode is intriguing, but seeing that the roaming caravan is heavily armed and stained with blood, I suspect things will take a dark turn rather swiftly.

May 7, 12:47 AM
Sep 2017
So cool! What a unique and interesting premise! Hooked, can't wait to see what awaits them on the journey and where the plot will go. Love the expression of 7G at the beginning of the episode, the satire toward modern marketing and technological advancement. Lots of great post-apocalyptic landscape art too.
May 8, 12:53 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
interesting concept, I think, but weird presentation, and just weird in general. Gonna leave it here but will come back when it finishes airing IF it actually slaps.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 9, 6:34 AM
May 2024
Wow... this show is crazy. I can't really think of anything quite like it.
May 22, 10:50 PM
Sep 2022
Yoku looks identical to Takina from lyco reco
May 25, 8:55 AM

Feb 2021
I literally have so many question marks above my head after watching episode 1. I don't like the feeling that I am getting from this seemingly slice of life, cgdct anime... Feels like some sort of predicament is gonna happen. It gives off a Made In Abyss vibes, rather than a Girls' Last Tour. Anyways, this anime is off to a great start. The animation looks good and I have high hopes for it.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Possible delay or drop in quality from episode 10 onwards.

Ace_Entertainers - Yesterday

11 by Ace_Entertainers »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

35 by KitsuFrost »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 22

104 by Chufal »»
6 hours ago

» I hate how they talk

MIME_07 - Apr 16

37 by KitsuFrost »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

89 by matias067 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.