Forum Settings
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 12, 2017 9:05 AM
Mar 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Mod Edit:

1. Do not start an episode discussion before you have actually seen it.
2. Do not ask when subs/raws will be released, or where to download/watch an episode.
LunaFeb 18, 2018 8:42 AM
Mar 26, 2017 1:49 AM

Oct 2016
I watched it in the cinema a week or two ago. It was quite good, and yes, I have completed the rest of the existing franchise, but no, I have not read the manga past the end of Season 1's arcs. Subs were only in Chinese, no English unfortunately.

Movies sometimes take 4 months to up to a year to be subbed and uploaded, so there isn't a concrete time period you can expect it to be posted online. Of course, best thing to do would be watch it in theatres when it is released in your country to support the industry.
Apr 26, 2017 5:05 PM
Jun 2015
watched it in the cinema and the movie was excellent !! It was at same level as book of circus and maybe a little better :D . Let's just wait some months to have a 1080p version ! having chinese subs sucks!
Jun 12, 2017 8:12 PM

Jan 2014
can i just say elizabeth rocks
Jun 12, 2017 10:05 PM

Feb 2013
It was a really solid good movie! Lots of action and plenty of favorite Black Butler characters from the series participate in it. Two or three good twists in there too because you don't know who these characters in Black Butler really are and they come with lots more layers than they appear when they reveal it themselves. I kinda see some Eps of the ori (only Eps 1-6, The Indian Arc and everything else seemed to go a different path) and all the "Book" series as a whole season since I marathoned them and this just felt like an epic finale! Can't wait for a new season soon if the producers ever decide to make one. Seems like they have quite some material from the manga to work with or so it appears. 8/10
bewareofhisokaJun 13, 2017 11:39 AM
Jun 13, 2017 4:07 PM

Nov 2016
Did anyone else feel like they were a little out of character in the beginning? The CGI was pretty disappointing as well. Other than that I thought it was a wonderful mix of humor, action, some cutesy feel good moments, and beautiful animation. (Helloooooo Undertaker I see you)
"Before I slit your throat, I'll give you a kiss," Nezumi said softly. "You'll find out exactly how much better I am at giving farewell kisses."
Jun 15, 2017 2:54 AM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
Watched it dubbed in theaters and yes, I honestly wanted to see the subbed version but I had to work that night so luckily, they had two showtimes for the movie and the dubbed vers. wasn't too bad, just felt a tiny bit off with a few of the characters voices.

Jun 15, 2017 10:22 PM

Feb 2009
The Lizzy scene was the bomb.

One of my favorite scenes actually was the flashback to when Sebastian and Ciel first came together. It's not often we see things from Sebastian's point of view.
Aug 23, 2017 4:34 PM

Jun 2008
My precious Lizzie. I liked the manga chapter better but the animated version was also very nicely done. I wish they also animated the other chapters where Lizzie fights like a boss. ;3 She is a sweetheart, she is cute and beautiful, she should not be ashamed of her abilities!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 23, 2017 6:31 PM

Jun 2010
Loved it and with the manga revelations a bunch of scenes make new sense to me. I hope they adapt the Weston arc soon...
Aug 27, 2017 2:52 PM

Nov 2012
Really want to watch it! Missed it when it was in theaters. Any idea when the sub will be released online ? I know the DVD is out in Japan now so hopefully soon
Aug 28, 2017 12:55 AM
Apr 2016
I watched the raws on YouTube. I would watch it in theaters but unfortunately they don't have it in my country :( it was really good anyway, I liked it better than Book of Circus, and book of circus was already super good. I hope they will continue to animate future arcs of the manga. Why couldn't the anime have just followed it .-.
Aug 28, 2017 6:36 PM

Nov 2007
Such a huge gorgeous cast listing in this movie.

I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 2, 2017 1:34 PM

Mar 2017
If anyone ever finds out how or where to watch this movie, please let me know! I'm dying to see it :,(
Sep 2, 2017 2:19 PM

Apr 2010
I really didn't like similarities with Titanic it was too much lol....
But overall movie was good, since I didn't read the manga so I wasn't aware of some twist and was really surprised. Hoping for continuation

p.s. go Lizzy gooooo!!!!
Sep 3, 2017 9:17 AM
Dec 2016
The movie is now on kissanime sub only
Sep 3, 2017 2:40 PM

May 2013
it is f.king amazing, Undertaker that beautiful bitch
very good adaptation, as usual from these guys
Sep 4, 2017 7:12 AM

Oct 2015
holy f*cking sh*t !!!!!!!

THat Lyzzy fight scene totally epic. I know it's awesome since reading the manga but, it more awesome with anime !!

Oh, also the flashback of Sebastian and Ciel, and reveal of Undertaker true face, this movie really slay it all. Oh, also that Pheonix Pose. Literally the same thing as the manga .

10/10.
Sep 4, 2017 3:16 PM

Nov 2007
I am very pleased!
I am big fan of Kuroshitsuji and luckily the last three adaptations did the manga justice, because they actually closely followed it. I can't wait for future adaptations...hopefully we will get them.
This arc was not my fave in the manga because i really really hate zombies (they are boring and annoying "villain") but apart from that, there is bunch of great stuff so it's not my fave arc but i still like it a lot.
The scene with Lizzie was super-well done, so was the thing with Undertaker and the flashbacks to when Sebastian became Sebastian and.....well,you know. Shinigamis are so fun.
Well done.
Sep 6, 2017 4:20 AM

Feb 2014
Well, tbh I wasn't crazy about the plot, because this time unlike the Madame Red arc it felt TOO much like a homage to other stories (Frankenstein,Titanic,zombie movies) and not in a super well put together way. I must admit though that the 2d animation was gorgeous, Sebastia's record was pretty emotional and the last act did manage to be surprising and filled me with anticipation for the next Black Butler installment.
Sep 7, 2017 2:14 PM

Apr 2015
Great animation on the action.

Sebastian's back story is great.

Bizarre dols/zombies are incredibly interesting and the idea is well-thought out.

ELIZABETH

Intense climax

UNDERTAKER

Good comedy

Very good movie, but some problems.

The way Yana Toboso writes the start of her arcs in the manga is fine, nothing wrong with it. In a movie, aka the first nine minutes, it's so rushed. It's not the movie's fault, but it's still so fast.

In fact, since the manga puts so much in this arc, when it's presented as a movie, it still feels rushed. It would've worked better as a series.

The CGI most of the time is so jarring and out of place.

THE CAMERA ANGLES. WHAT HAPPENED. YOURE GONNA GIVE SOMEONE MOTION SICKNESS.

Out of place comedy in some areas.

They cut out some things from the manga that disappointed me, but as a movie itself, I am pleased.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2017 8:01 AM

Aug 2014
I adored this
It was worth the wait
Sebastian was great and more humaine,Lizzy is a fucking badass and my favorite character,Undertaker finally shown us the boss he is
Sep 12, 2017 12:09 AM

Jan 2013
The best adaptation of the manga for now. of course the public school art will be better, wait for it
Druitt is so funny, I adore him, to be honest... also THE PHOENIX! and my gurl Lizzy. ♥♥ 8/10

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Sep 12, 2017 4:50 PM

Dec 2015
Gotta admire Lizzy for what she's doing for Ciel, and wow she's a badass with the sword, she should have shown her skill much earlier!!

Ooohh Undertaker's face finally revealed! And he's a former Shinigami :OO

It was nice to see the early days of Sebastian and Ciel's partnership, they taught each other a lot of stuff.

Lastly I'm quite disappointed by the animation, it was nice and fluid, but the quality was NOT as good as you would expect from a movie, and don't get me started about the CG...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 12, 2017 5:17 PM

Aug 2016
Don't know if I should be happy that we got to see the undertakers face..
Overall pretty great movie though. (Was kind of hoping Snake would be in it more, or you know.. Do something important)
Sep 15, 2017 3:56 AM

Sep 2012
Finally best girl Lizzie shines in anime too.

Overall good movie. Really like this arc in manga too.
Sep 16, 2017 9:42 PM

Jan 2013
Nice to see Sebastian and crew again. This story wasn't my favourite but the action scenes and character development were good. Lizzy was pretty badass in this movie. Kind of surprised how much character development they showed of the undertaker. But it was nice to see something different from him.
Sep 17, 2017 10:09 AM

Apr 2013
This is my favourite in the Black Butler series so far. The animation was incredible, Elizabeth finally has a backstory and more of a personality plus Ronald and Undertaker have more of an appearance.
You get to see how Sabastian and Ciel develop their master/butler relationship and how they helped each other grow which was actually quite sweet. If you watch this movie, wait until the credits are over for a little touching scene at the very end. Overall, Definitely the best I've watched yet, however, i felt that some of it was dragged out a little ie: Shinigami/Sabastian fight scene but overall great portrayal of the Manga. Solid 9/10
lllllllllApr 2, 2018 1:35 PM
Sep 18, 2017 7:36 AM

Dec 2015
it's been a long time since i watched kuroshitsuji. i havent been following the manga as well recently. have read the manga so i dont really excited to see this , but its still good though i have forgotten some character and some part of the story. i guess i gonna continue reading the manga after this
Sep 18, 2017 9:14 PM

Aug 2014
Lizzie kicking ass was a nice surprise. Her backstory almost compensates for how annoying she's been until now. Ciel x Sebastian stuff was pretty cute too.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 20, 2017 2:38 AM

Oct 2015
there were lots of surprises on this movie like Lizzie's kick ass on those zombies and the undertaker's eyes and him being a villain.But it is incomplete though and hope they finish the story on the series if they make one. Dammmn i missed those guys and hopeto see them again.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 20, 2017 8:56 PM

Nov 2014
I only watched Season 1, do I have to watch ovas and season 2 before movie?

Sep 21, 2017 3:04 PM

Jun 2008
ExTemplar said:

Only the ovas. Do not waste your time watching season 2 because its not even in the manga...and it's terrible.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 21, 2017 6:46 PM

Nov 2014
Orulyon said:
ExTemplar said:

Only the ovas. Do not waste your time watching season 2 because its not even in the manga...and it's terrible.
thank you for letting me know

Sep 22, 2017 12:01 AM

Sep 2010
Great movie! Finally got to see Undertaker's badass side animated

was a tiny bit disappointed by the Titanic scene (was over too quickly and the shot in the manga was a bit better)

Viscount Druitt never fails to make me laugh

didn't like the CGI
Sep 22, 2017 12:05 AM

Sep 2010
ExTemplar said:
Orulyon said:

thank you for letting me know

don't think that season 2 is terrible, but it's an alternative version (in the sense that the events don't follow the manga) and it gives Kuroshitsuji an actual end
Book of circus, murders and Atlantic on the other hand follow the manga closely. I'd say watch them first and if you feel like more of kuroshitsuji watch season 2 then. If you decide to watch season 2 keep in mind that it takes off at the end of season 1
I personally did enjoy the 2nd season, though it wasn't as good as the manga storyline
Sep 22, 2017 2:50 PM

Sep 2013
It was good, the comedy at the start was a bit iffy.
Nice action, zombie and the titanic XD
Sebas's cinematic record was good to even though it was in the middle of the fight it didn't feel off.
School arc adaptation when? 9/10
Sep 22, 2017 10:52 PM

May 2016
I wannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt morreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
so now Undertaker became a villain well it suits him but I hope
them to get a long, since I think he is doing it just for fun I guess
oh I was about to forget Lizzy she was one hell of KNIGHT.
I want season 3 so bad I guess they won't do it after what happened in S2.
Great movie 8/10
Sep 23, 2017 7:09 PM

May 2010
Very good adaptation of an okay arc. Definitely wasn't my favourite when it was coming out in manga version, and anime didn't really change my feelings towards it. Zombies look just meeh in most anime, they are not scary or even slightly intimidating, and putting them on Titanic is just... weird. Even for Yano's standards.

One of the strongest points was definitely Lizzie's badass moment and her backstory, she was never my favourite character, but I really felt bad for her during that sequence!

Second best moment was Sebastian's flashback, it was awesome to see events from his perspective again <3
As for Undertaker, eh, I still don't really care for him, he's not even that handsome to begin with, not very interesting for now either. I do love however how well anime studio predicted him being Shinigami back in 2008 anime! :>

Anyway, hope to see adaptation of the next arcs soon, they should be more engaging, whether it's gonna be another TV series or movie. 7/10
Sep 24, 2017 7:45 PM

Nov 2011
After watching this, I feel newfound respect for this anime franchise. The Book of Circus was so lousy and boring (please don't get angry, fans, it's just my opinion) that I honestly didn't even want to watch anything else. But then I did and it was GREAT!

You know why I loved it that much? And no, it wasn't just seeing the way they drew Undertaker (lol). That's just fanservice, which I appreciate (good fanservice for women is rare), but I have more serious reasons to love it.

First, Lizzy. I read the manga before, so I knew the gist of what was going to happen in this arc, and when that moment came, I was rolling my eyes like crazy, thinking that I was going to see a stupid yandere stereotype. And I was pleasantly shocked when Lizzy didn't fall into that pitfall. Wow! Where's the fanserivce, guys, wasn't she supposed to appeal to boy viewer's ego by being a psycho idiot in love? No, instead she was shown in a very serious manner, and her story felt meaningful. Even poignant.

Then, Undertaker. I thought he'd fall into the same pitfall that I pictured for Lizzy before. I thought they'd make him into a fanservice asset. I mean, more than he already is, by putting too much accent on his looks. But WOW that didn't happen. I almost couldn't believe it. The show managed to make him look stylish instead of eye-candy. Wow. I dropped watching anime because I was dead tired of anime tropes, like eye-candy villains with stupid backstories. But he didn't become a trope, didn't become fanservice and his explanation was quite meaningful. I respect them bringing him to screen like this. The only thing I could complain about is that he was shown as somewhat weaker... I remember vividly how in the manga it was amusing to see them quarrel over who hunts him down, b/c it was so obvious that they didn't stand a chance; in the anime, it wasn't obvious, it felt more like they were on more or less equal level. But oh well, it just means that these moments were less amusing in the anime than in the manga. No biggie.

Then, Ciel. He didn't feel like a tsundere trope, either. Don't get me wrong, but in the Circus anime he felt like a trope and that was boring. Here, in this anime movie, I could feel like he was a genuine, living and breathing person.

Sebastian brought a few delightful moments to screen, as well, by showing his demonic nature. He's a demon, after all, that's how he should be. I appreciated absence of any kind of whitewashing to appear him cuter than he is. Overall, the relatiohsip between him and Ciel was explained better in the manga, I think, it was a lot more obvious how he hated Ciel at first, but his flashback was still good enough.

Awesome! I wish there were more shows like this. I start to hate the anime industry, b/c not only all characters look the same, but they act the same: from one anime to another, it's all the same, they don't feel like real people. This anime was a shocking but pleasant surprise. Somehow they managed to capture these characters well and avoid dumbing them down.

P.S. I just wish Grell dropped dead or something, now he is everything that is wrong with anime today, in my opinion - pointless and shallow fanservice.
P.S.-2. Also, there was one really awkward moment with those lockets... It felt artificial. I don't remember how it was in the manga, but it felt way too melodramatic in the anime, instead of dramatic. And Sebastian's words? Something like 'We'll see him again while we have these lockets'. Sorry but I can't quite picture a demon saying that. And I'm pretty sure he didn't say it in the manga. That's so OOC. And so soapy. As if they directed those words to Undertaker's fangirls, not to Ciel. I mean, why would Ciel regret parting with him?! Brr... But those small moments didn't spoil the anime overall.
a-naoto-fanSep 24, 2017 8:03 PM
Oct 6, 2017 7:38 AM

Dec 2009
Ginevra said:
And Sebastian's words? Something like 'We'll see him again while we have these lockets'. Sorry but I can't quite picture a demon saying that. And I'm pretty sure he didn't say it in the manga. That's so OOC. And so soapy. As if they directed those words to Undertaker's fangirls, not to Ciel. I mean, why would Ciel regret parting with him?! Brr... But those small moments didn't spoil the anime overall.

I agree with everything you said except this part. I'm sure Sebastian didn't say it because he thought Ciel regretted parting with him LOL!! Someone who tried to kill them (or rather Sebastian)? That's hilarious xD Ciel said "I wonder what was his goal?" and Sebastian said "I'm sure we will meet him again" not in a comforting tone but a factual one... As in its a fact that they will meet him again, not that it's a good thing. And when they do meet again Ciel will have the chance to ask him for answers. You know.

Anyway this movie was awesome! I didn't realise how much I missed this series until I watched the movie... Every single part: Lizzie's bad ass moment, Sebastian's POV of his past with Ciel, how they slowly started to improve as Earl and Butler, Undertaker's gorgeous revelation of his face LOL the hilarious Phoenix thing they were forced to do... just everything was so endearing to me. I really hope they continue making movies / TV series after this! This can't be the end! T__T

Edit: WHY DID I FORGET GRELL'S TITANIC RENDITION. I LAUGHED SO HARD... I NEED TO REWATCH THAT AGAIN and the instrumental was SPOT ON
Oct 8, 2017 3:18 AM

Mar 2012
Yup, I can never get used to CGI.

Good movie but I think I enjoyed this arc more in the manga. I really can't get used to the seiyuu's voices in Kuroshitsuji, sounds kind of award to me like "this voice don't fit that character" sort of thing. Kuroshitsuji is the only anime that makes me think like that.

I loved the part about Lizzie and Sebastian's records.
Oct 15, 2017 3:31 AM

Jan 2016
Wow, Elizabeth so fucking badass.

Relax Eli, you still kawaii with that blood. <3
Oct 28, 2017 11:26 AM

Jun 2015
Simply magnificent. The CGI in the background bothered me tho. Well, we are focusing on the main characters anyway not on the masses.

I thought I would be bored watching this after reading the manga but I wasn't bored at all. I'm glad I watched it.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 28, 2017 11:27 AM

Jun 2015
Maou_heika said:
Yup, I can never get used to CGI.

Good movie but I think I enjoyed this arc more in the manga. I really can't get used to the seiyuu's voices in Kuroshitsuji, sounds kind of award to me like "this voice don't fit that character" sort of thing. Kuroshitsuji is the only anime that makes me think like that.

I loved the part about Lizzie and Sebastian's records.

but you gotta love Ono Daisuke as Sebastian. It was Sebastian that made me notice him.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 29, 2017 2:29 AM

Dec 2012

And that was the end. It was good. Liz was certainly a surprise. I'll miss that girl who died. She was cute. Damn you Ronald for not saving her. Hope for more Kuroshitsuji in the future since this movie did good. Also, SID with another great song.
RobOct 29, 2017 2:40 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 5, 2017 3:52 PM

May 2012
Fantastic movie if you ask me, and especially character wise was this movie amazing! Really lovely to see some flashbacks, intense action and superb character development in this prosuming last movie.

Really enjoyed watching it and I still really love this franchise, if there ever will be more, I'm sure going to love it!

All in all, I had a great watch!
Nov 7, 2017 6:44 AM

Jun 2016
That was a great arc. Holy crap. Loved it so much.

Ciel and Sebas-chan (Hehe) stayed on a cruise ship called Titanic, I mean Campania (Pfffft), to find out who's behind the reviving dead people in Karnstein Hospital and there'll be some kind of meeting of the people who are the culprits. And the person behind it is Undertaker himself for fooling that Dr. Ryan that he can help him revive dead people to make the world a better place or something. Haha.

Instead of reviving the dead to live again like the living, it turned them into some kind of zombie. Jeez, Undertaker. But goddamn the moment he uncovered his eyes I just can't. It makes him handsomer. He's so fucking handsome and Undertaker is a shinigami like Grell.

Talking about Grell, gaaaah I'm so happy seeing him in this arc. He's my happiness. Hehe.

SHOUTOUT TO MY BEST GIRL FROM THE GET-GO, LIZZY. OHMYGOD. I knew there's something about her which will make me love her more. She's not a fucking damsel in distress and she's a very strong lady. Gaaaaaah! I'M SO PROUD OF MY BABY GIRL. Slay, baby, slay! <3

She doesn't want to show Ciel that she's strong because of what Ciel said when they're kids that strong women scare him and he doesn't want a strong wife. Hehe. But Ciel told her that that was when they're kids and he still like my baby Lizzy. Awwww. Ciel is blushing. Hahaha. Oh and nice to meet, Lizzy's family. They're all badass. Goddamn.

The flashback with Sebastian and Ciel living together for the first time at the mansion was everything. I always thought Sebastian is already a one hell of a butler from the get-go because he's a demon, but he wasn't. Haha. He's so cute. Ciel was the one who taught him everything, and Sebastian was the one who taught him everything, too. Hehe. Without Ciel, Sebastian wouldn't be the one hell of a butler.

I honestly loved all the Titanic references because it's one of my fave movies. How I wish they showed Rose and Jack. Hehehehe.

Nice seeing Snake working with Ciel and Sebby. He's so adorable. :3

In the end, Lizzy and her family, and Ciel and Sebastian reunited and they're all safe. Gaaaah. But Undertaker got away. What a great arc. Loved it so much! <3

9/10. :)

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 20, 2017 4:51 PM

Feb 2015
With what's happening in the manga... I caught a nuance to Lizzie's words this time round.

A lot of heavy foreshadowing happening here lol
Nov 26, 2017 10:47 PM

Nov 2011
I wasn't really sold into the zombie stuff but damn, watching Elizabeth getting her spotlight in this movie was worth it.

She's such an underrated character in this franchise. I loved her speech and character expressions as well as her devotion to Ciel. Badass Elizbabeth is just awesome. Oh and I kinda like the creativity of that ED theme song.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Sequel Announced

Pauler-Kun - Jul 3, 2023

5 by Vinylwolfe »»
Jul 5, 2023 12:37 PM

» Sequel when

Oya-Oya - Oct 23, 2021

7 by Oya-Oya »»
Jul 5, 2023 2:27 AM

» Can I watch this?

Darkmind115 - Jan 5, 2023

3 by Kockorzo »»
Jan 6, 2023 8:57 AM

» Character development of Elizabeth

Barry_Allen_14 - Aug 11, 2021

7 by Amore9 »»
Oct 15, 2022 1:27 PM

Poll: » This wont be the last Kuroshitsuji anime that will come out will it?

ItzYaBoiSatan - Sep 27, 2017

8 by squished_lemon »»
Jul 11, 2021 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.