Forum Settings
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 25, 2022 4:17 AM

Apr 2020
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------

surprised that nobody created thread for final volume
Ahh journey ends
or a new begininig
glad this series was first that i read in physical
altho i really hate how loosely it ended no epilogue at all
leaved lots of plots threads as it is
he said in after ward that he will write sequel to wrap up things but its been fking 2 years
this series really deserve a proper farewll he cant leave it as it is
Feb 3, 2023 2:53 AM

Mar 2014
I waited and waited for so long, taking my time reading each volume...and thus I have finally wrapped up the final volume.

Gosh I can't begin to express how much I will miss Konosuba, I have never read a light novel series that has kept me laughing no matter how much I keep reading the books.

Konosuba will truly be missed and while I have missed the hype by a few years I couldn't rush a hilarious and wonderful LN like Konosuba. The ending turned out just as wacky and funny as I expect of our main crew and Kazuma ultimate victor over the DK. While the Natsume Akatsuki has addressed there were still many moments that could have been concluded (Like Megumin promised to Kazuma, when they got back). I don't mind the idea that maybe someday they will return and write more stories about the Konosuba.

Overall it has been a fun journey and like they say "All good things must come to a end".

9/10 will always read Konosuba when I have the spare time.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 23, 2023 7:06 AM

May 2020
I've got to admit, this was probably the best way this series could've ended.

Kazuma's final battle with the Demon King was actually pretty interesting and was probably one of the best boss fights I've read. It was a bit cliche but common, this is Konosuba. It's not like it was ever going to be actually serious. I also appreciated that the ending was pretty open ended. I don't think this series really benefits from a conclusive ending. This particular world is filled with lunatics and morons and no ending would ever really be a fitting conclusion for so much chaos. The ending wraps things up in the best way possible. Aqua's still acting high-and-mighty, Megumin's off exploding things and Darkness... is well Darkness. Kazuma's still a no-good NEET and the world is pretty much fine.

I am however a bit disappointed by how things sort of downhill after Volume 10. It was still fun to read after that point but it had none of the energy or hilarity that the first few volumes had. There was a bit more character development but I felt like Iris and the rest of the supporting cast (except Wiz and Vanir) could've been more involved. That's pretty much my only major complaint in this series. At least the author gave us a general idea about how things are going to go, so I guess we'll probably see a spin-off or sequel that addresses things.

All in all, this was a great series. I can't say I'm well versed with the isekai genre and I don't have any real interest in it but Konosuba definitely goes beyond being a simple parody. The characters were crazy, lovable and absolutely hilarious. It's been a while since I've read a series that I've enjoyed this much and actually felt sad about finishing. Hopefully, we're blessed with a bit more Konosuba content once in a while.
Jul 23, 2023 11:25 PM

Jan 2023
It was a decent ending to a great series.
Not my favorite volume by far, but it had some good moments, both comedic and action ones, and I liked that it ended in a way which was hinting that their adventures (and mishaps) will continue for a while.
Part of me would have liked to see Kazuma ends with someone (preferably Megumin) but I've also grown to like Darkness quite a bit so I'm okay with things being left as is I guess.

Overall my favorite LN series, Konosuba has been a great read for me: incredibly funny in most of its volumes (mostly because of its quirky characters), but also has a very good and organic character growth imo and an interesting fantasy world setting.
My favorite volumes in the series are: 2,3,4,5,7,9,11,12. My least liked ones are: 8 and 13. The rest is pretty good.
I rated the series as a whole a 9 because I enjoyed it so much :)
MeguSae38Jul 23, 2023 11:51 PM
Nov 3, 2023 12:00 AM
Jan 2021
Hope for a new beginning, almost feel empty when it ended... an open ended as well... craving for more
Apr 18, 12:57 AM
Jan 2024
I need an after story, near 4 years now and no update information
Apr 19, 3:31 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to BakuenNoKami
I need an after story, near 4 years now and no update information
@BakuenNoKami author just forgot about konosuba i guess

More topics from this board

» After finishing the movie, where should I start?

Argo949 - Apr 20, 2023

3 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 21, 9:50 PM

» Luna's cup size

L0101 - May 1, 2021

3 by TitanInsane »»
Jul 23, 2023 8:52 AM

» news on the sequel?

10nzin - May 29, 2023

2 by Polvo_Aranha »»
May 29, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Volume 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2016

23 by dadroo »»
Apr 30, 2023 12:47 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Volume 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2016

43 by dadroo »»
Apr 24, 2023 10:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.