Ranked #1939

Volumes: 7
Chapters: 28
Status: Finished
Published: Aug 8, 2001 to Sep 13, 2004
Authors: Ikezawa, Satomi (Story & Art)
Serialization: Bessatsu Friend

Score: 7.701 (scored by 2918 users)
Ranked: #19392
1 indicates a weighted score
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Aug 9, 2008
I thought that this manga had all of the right things to make it one of the greats. The drama of this high school girl, Yaya, who has another personality inside her, named Nana. The story was very well put together, and portrayed the life of a teenage girl who does not know who she is, and struggles through it.

This manga I recommend for people to read. It's very entertaining and heart wrenching. The art isn't the greatest, but once you get past that, you will fall in love with it.
Mar 24, 2011
We've all been there, we have all had those situations were we just stared into the mirror and wished we were someone else. Othello follows Yaya; a girl who wishes for nothing more to be brave, and in doing so creates another personality to combat the problems she is to afraid confront.

I wasn't so sure about this manga at first. It was really angsty and the melodrama felt over the top. The bullying seemed unbelievable and I didn't like the way that it was always Nana saving the day. However, as the story manages to progress it started to turn for the better. The read more
Jan 13, 2011
Yaya Higuchi is not your ordinary shy-type naïve student for she has a secret: when she looks in her reflection in the mirror or suddenly hits her head or sees her reflection, she turns into Nana, her second personality who puts her into a lot of trouble because of its troublesome and hyperactive personality which is the total opposite of Yaya. (well, not totally because many times, Nana saves her from being bullied.) She, in spite of her low profile personality, has a passion for singing and cosplaying (she likes gothic fashion).

She likes Shohei, the lead singer of the rock band Juliet but soon read more
May 30, 2010
Okay, I fell in love with this manga when I was 9 (five or more years ago). I loves the story and thought it was truly amazing.

Honestly, I gave the story a 10. Since it was one of the first manga I read, I really enjoyed it. It was cute and very enjoyable. You'll want to read more.

The art isn't the best but, it's really good. So I have art a 9. The characters are drawn really well. I really liked how Nana was drawn, she grabbed my attention.

I gave characters a 9. They were all unique and had fantastic read more