Forum Settings
Forums

Is there really anything wrong with being an anime "casual"?

New
Apr 12, 2016 8:01 PM
Jul 2018
I see the title of anime casual way too much, and no I'm not making this because I lost the Sh** Taste Anime Tournament, shut up. That's in good fun I don't care being titled as an "anime casual" there. No, the problem is that casually watching anime is looked down on in the anime community. In which I had to ask what's wrong with being an anime casual?In any other communities of media, you would get encouraged to watch something just for enjoyment. So why would it be a problem in this community? Is there a reason why everyone has to watch anime with a critical mind?
removed-userApr 12, 2016 8:04 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2016 8:03 PM

Dec 2014
I don't understand either, though you shouldn't really care what a bunch of people say on the internet. I mean, I almost never do.
Thinking.....
Apr 12, 2016 8:03 PM

Jan 2013
No.

Anime is an entertainment product. Watch what you enjoy; there's no point otherwise. Who cares if people say you have shit taste?
Apr 12, 2016 8:06 PM

Nov 2015
Nah..
There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that let me make fun of you for having shit taste in animu.
No hard feelings bruh..
Apr 12, 2016 8:09 PM

Aug 2014
fam............

i didnt even know it was a thing to NOT watch anime for enjoyment...like wtf else are you supposed to do??? what's the point of even watching if you have a stick up your bum over a cartoon lol

people on the internet (or life in general) are gonna always be dumb and have things to say. just keep being you and dont turn cynical
end my suffering
Apr 12, 2016 8:15 PM

Sep 2015
There's something wrong in having a shit taste? No, not at all.

To each his own. Some people have good taste (e.g. me) and some people have bad taste (e.g. you) and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, YOU FILTHY CASUAL.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Apr 12, 2016 8:16 PM
Jul 2018
Nothing wrong with it. I don't pay attention to people who run their mouth about casuals or whatever, just do you.
Apr 12, 2016 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
GesuYarou said:
Nah..
There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that let me make fun of you for having shit taste in animu.
No hard feelings bruh..

Actually, I wanted you to make fun of me for my sh** taste, I wouldn't have entered the contest if I didn't. My question was "Is there really anything wrong with being an anime casual?" Why are the majority of people here missing the point, and for f*** sake people stop being so nice to me, it's creepy.
Apr 12, 2016 8:21 PM

Apr 2015
I once ate a piece of vinegum while walking down a dark alley.

It was delicious.
Apr 12, 2016 8:22 PM

Aug 2014
Yes! Why aren't you an anime elitist nerd yet?
Apr 12, 2016 8:23 PM
Oct 2014
This is the first time I've ever heard of anyone looking down on an "anime casual." I've been claiming all the time that anime is a casual hobby for me, and no one's ever insulted me for it.

Either that or I'm incredibly naive and people have been laughing at me behind my back. Wouldn't be the first time.
Apr 12, 2016 8:25 PM

Nov 2015
Someone32 said:
GesuYarou said:
Nah..
No hard feelings bruh..

Actually, I wanted you to make fun of me for my sh** taste, I wouldn't have entered the contest if I didn't. My question was "Is there really anything wrong with being an anime casual?" Why are the majority of people here missing the point, and for f*** sake people stop being so nice to me, it's creepy.

Okay so do want to be made fun of?
We were just being nice to you because you're a newfag.
But yeah, I guess anyone who gave Angel Beats & Clannad a 10 deserves to be made fun of.
Apr 12, 2016 8:27 PM

Oct 2009
I didn't know those words until I delved into this forum lol

No, but there is something wrong with being an anime douchebag ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
evil lurks in every corner shhhhh

Apr 12, 2016 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
KuuhakuDesu said:
There is something wrong.

Casuals here in MAL have to deal with the elitist, who have the superior taste. "The Gods among men", or some shit like that.

If you're a casual, you'll have to endure these "superior beings" saying you have a shit taste, and they have a great taste. Your opinions will be atumatically nullified because you're a casual, and you can't do nothing, really.

It's bullshit, BTW.

So, if you don't want to be called a shitty taste casual, hurry up and set your mean score to something close to 5, or even less. Never rate any anime a 10, and rarely give a 9. Your average score is 1, because you don't like Chinese cartoons, even though you watch them. Watch more than 500 shows and rate most of them lower than 5. Be careful not to say something good about mainstream anime, say MAL rating system is garbage because of casuals and you're as good as any other elitist.

Oh, and don't forget to shipost in the forums.

It's a "must do".

Well, thanks for the tips now I know how to be an elitist if I ever wanted to.
Apr 12, 2016 8:31 PM

Oct 2013
stndalonecomplex said:
fam............

i didnt even know it was a thing to NOT watch anime for enjoyment...like wtf else are you supposed to do??? hat's the point of even watching if you have a stick up your bum over a cartoon lol

people on the internet (or life in general) are gonna always be dumb and have things to say. just keep being you and dont turn cynical

To analyze and look for the flaws in a anime, then shit on it. That's fun for some people. Basically they watch a anime to find all the so called flaws, which is basically from their bias point of view.

Their fun is to find flaws in a anime. I don't agree with that approach, but that's how they like it.

Sep 2015
Someone32 said:
stop being so nice to me, it's creepy.
I can make it creepier ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@GesuYarou that's some low hanging fruit m8

Btw, Gosick is rated a 9 while KlK is rated with only a 6....
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Apr 2015

That is a pretty huge dramatization and simplification.
Apr 12, 2016 8:32 PM

May 2014
Only when you have my over-inflated sense of self-importance.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous

May 2014
I get why some people watch anime mainly to critique and review it, but personally, it seems kinda sad to me.

I'm a pretty over-analytical person when it comes to most things irl, so I usually do the opposite with my anime...I like to tune into it and have fun with it and for me, it'd take the enjoyment out of the experience to be constantly questioning and examining every aspect of an anime.

Of course some anime begged to be analysed with regards to plot, such as Penguindrum, Monster, Yurikuma Arashi etc, etc. but that's less of a critical review/analysis and more of a theory speculation which I find pretty fun.
I love me some metaphors and ambiguity.

Point blank, there's nothing wrong with being a casual and there's nothing wrong with being an elitist or an analyst or anything else so long as you enjoy it.
I like to think of myself as sitting somewhat cushily in the middle.
Lul jks I am a filthy casual
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2018
Tylaen said:
I once ate a piece of vinegum while walking down a dark alley.

It was delicious.

You, sir, have the best post thus far.

Oct 2009
KuuhakuDesu said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Damn right fam!

Apr 12, 2016 8:33 PM

Mar 2008
Ignorance doesn't hurt anyone until you start arguing with it.
Apr 12, 2016 8:34 PM

Oct 2013
Someone32 said:
KuuhakuDesu said:
There is something wrong.

Casuals here in MAL have to deal with the elitist, who have the superior taste. "The Gods among men", or some shit like that.

If you're a casual, you'll have to endure these "superior beings" saying you have a shit taste, and they have a great taste. Your opinions will be atumatically nullified because you're a casual, and you can't do nothing, really.

It's bullshit, BTW.

So, if you don't want to be called a shitty taste casual, hurry up and set your mean score to something close to 5, or even less. Never rate any anime a 10, and rarely give a 9. Your average score is 1, because you don't like Chinese cartoons, even though you watch them. Watch more than 500 shows and rate most of them lower than 5. Be careful not to say something good about mainstream anime, say MAL rating system is garbage because of casuals and you're as good as any other elitist.

Oh, and don't forget to shipost in the forums.

It's a "must do".

Well, thanks for the tips now I know how to be an elitist if I ever wanted to.

Please don't become one of them, we already have enough of them as it is.
Apr 12, 2016 8:40 PM

Jan 2014
I don't know what's the difference between casual or not, I like high rated anime, am I casual ?
Apr 12, 2016 8:41 PM

Aug 2014
keragamming said:
stndalonecomplex said:
fam............

i didnt even know it was a thing to NOT watch anime for enjoyment...like wtf else are you supposed to do??? hat's the point of even watching if you have a stick up your bum over a cartoon lol

To analyze and look for the flaws in a anime, then shit on it. That's fun for some people. Basically they watch a anime to find all the so called flaws, which is basically from their bias point of view.

Their fun is to find flaws in a anime. I don't agree with that approach, but that's how they like it.

that is so stressful and unnecessary, like i feel wrinkles on my face from just imagining being that shitty of a person
well they're still having fun with the show, so their thinking is flawed anyway
mimirokuApr 12, 2016 8:45 PM
end my suffering
Apr 12, 2016 8:44 PM

Jan 2015
lasterrending said:
This is the first time I've ever heard of anyone looking down on an "anime casual." I've been claiming all the time that anime is a casual hobby for me, and no one's ever insulted me for it.

Either that or I'm incredibly naive and people have been laughing at me behind my back. Wouldn't be the first time.

Same, I actually hadn't heard the term "filthy casual" until I joined these forums. The comment doesn't exactly make sense to me... wouldn't the opposite of "filthy casual" be full blown otaku? I thought anime fans weren't supposed to be proud of that lol. I generally ignore it though, I have too much real world stuff to worry about the opinions of people in cyber space.
Apr 12, 2016 8:47 PM

Apr 2015
KuuhakuDesu said:
Tylaen said:

That is a pretty huge dramatization and simplification.

I think so too.

The word means so much... hum... stuff.
Nice dodge bruh. Hum drum da ding du.
Apr 12, 2016 8:52 PM

Oct 2013
stndalonecomplex said:
keragamming said:

that is so stressful and unnecessary, like i feel wrinkles on my face from just imagining being that shitty of a person
well they're still having fun with the show, so their thinking is flawed anyway

Exactly, anyone that goes that route is literally sacrificing their enjoyment. I prefer the natural way in naturally watching anime, and noticing things I didn't like about it while watching it at the same time. Than watching it just for the sake of looking for the flaws in anime.
Apr 12, 2016 8:58 PM

Nov 2015
No, being "hardcore" about watching anime is a mistake, but don't be afraid to try new anime or anime that may be "challenging" every once in a while.
Apr 12, 2016 9:06 PM

Nov 2013
keragamming said:
stndalonecomplex said:
fam............

It all revolves around the question "how would this show be better?" Obviously, many anime does not develop to its full potential, so people just want to find the flaws to fully understand what went wrong. Casuals are ignorant in that they simply say "OMG, this show is so good" without thinking about what about it was good and ignoring the bad part.
It's not wrong that it is from a biased point of view, but then again, what is not biased?
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.
Apr 12, 2016 9:07 PM

Mar 2015
Is there really anything wrong with being an anime "casual"?
No, and there is nothing wrong being an anime "elitist" either. The problem is the attitude.
EsperApr 12, 2016 11:50 PM
This salad is salty favored
Apr 12, 2016 9:23 PM

Apr 2015
Nothing wrong with it. Just don't go around acting like no one is going to judge you for it when you are giving an opinion on a certain show. If you don't like that people do judge, then I really don't know what to say. Maybe get rid of your list, because you really can't stop people from it. It's similar to how you present yourself with clothing in real life. It's like a first impression in a sense.
Brace yourself.

Soon as LotGH 2017 comes out. The anime community is going to become so cancerous you will need to take cover and hide.
Apr 12, 2016 9:24 PM

Oct 2015
Ckan said:
Ignorance doesn't hurt anyone until you start arguing with it.

All being said with so little words. perfect.
-----------------------------

translating : ofc. there's nothing wrong with being casual*.
But once you start "all anime is... ", "best ever..." or any other "conclusion" that you can NOT make without getting into it deep, based on your casual casual experience, then you start being a filthy casual.
And from what I get, THAT is what annoys.

* I consider myself being a casual. And I do not aim to be but a casual.

----------------------
edit : lol, that double casual above originally was a "typo", but now I love it, and leave it as it is. :D
edit-2 : just bolded the first sentence of mine.
BannoBunka_snorkApr 12, 2016 10:52 PM
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Apr 12, 2016 9:25 PM

Jun 2015
Noxious_ said:
Nothing wrong with it. Just don't go around acting like no one is going to judge you for it when you are giving an opinion on a certain show. If you don't like that people do judge, then I really don't know what to say. Maybe get rid of your list, because you really can't stop people from it. It's similar to how you present yourself with clothing in real life. It's like a first impression in a sense.

Judging someone for their opinion on an anime is downright pathetic.
Apr 12, 2016 9:31 PM

Apr 2015
AltoRoark said:
Noxious_ said:

It's unavoidable, I didn't mean judge in a sense of a negative way. I'm saying it's unavoidable to not make an opinion on someone based off of their favourites. I'll go on someones profile and see certain shows in their favourites and I'll make a subtle opinion whether I want to or not. It's just subconscious. It's the same thing I do when I meet someone for the first time, you make first impressions based off of many different things.

Not a bad thing of course, it's just human nature. Unless your saying, you look at someones list and think nothing, and favourites mean absolutely nothing to you in the slightest.
Brace yourself.

Soon as LotGH 2017 comes out. The anime community is going to become so cancerous you will need to take cover and hide.
Apr 12, 2016 9:31 PM
Jul 2012
The only problem with casuals is that they watch anime that other casuals hype up and refuse to branch outside of the overly hyped series yet say certain series are not as good as others without a giving it a fair chance.
Apr 12, 2016 9:34 PM

Jan 2015
Someone32 said:
I see the title of anime casual way too much, and no I'm not making this because I lost the Sh** Taste Anime Tournament, shut up. That's in good fun I don't care being titled as an "anime casual" there. No, the problem is that casually watching anime is looked down on in the anime community. In which I had to ask what's wrong with being an anime casual?In any other communities of media, you would get encouraged to watch something just for enjoyment. So why would it be a problem in this community? Is there a reason why everyone has to watch anime with a critical mind?

Just do what you normally do and don't think about it :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Apr 12, 2016 9:48 PM

Jun 2015
Jakerams said:
The only problem with casuals is that they watch anime that other casuals hype up and refuse to branch outside of the overly hyped series yet say certain series are not as good as others without a giving it a fair chance.

This is why people made the term filthy casual. It is annoying when they watch something and then they suddenly go "oh my gosh animexxx is the best thing ever" like its God's gift to mankind. Especially if you were recommending it to them for ages.
I'd say the worst ones are those who watch only the extremely mainstream series and talk like they're so superior because SnK is edgy shit.
Apr 12, 2016 9:49 PM

Apr 2014
I call a lot of my friends casuals but they're ok with it since they know I'm joking for the most part.
Apr 12, 2016 9:57 PM

Jul 2014
keragamming said:
stndalonecomplex said:
fam............

But if said Anime had no flaws it be a perfect Anime, and we all know that's bull**** because if FMA Brotherhood(One of the highest if not THE HIGHEST ranking)can't achieve a 10, it lets you know there will always be flaws somewhere.

P.S: Where Animesins when you need them?
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Apr 12, 2016 10:01 PM

Oct 2015
Jakerams said:

Wow! High-and-mighty much ?

That is but a prejudice. resp. referring to what I call(ed) a filthy casual.
Tmu. there is a big, BIG difference between a casual (so-called) and a filthy casual (so-called, tmu. well-deservedly)
Not only do I consider myself a casual, but probably by most (many) members's criteria I will always stay a casual - yet I can assure you that my choice of what i watch and what not has very, VERY little to do with what is hyped and what is not.
Like I don't know shit about OPM other than that it was (is?) hyped and supposed to be some kind of parody (?). My username - you probably haven't even heard of the series it stems from.

Also, by your post, you want to establish that you are not some casual, but some - well, whatever the opposite(s) of casual may be ? huh ?
Do you want to claim some kind of automatic authority in whatever anime-related subject by doing so ? You completed not even 500 anime, according to your list. I feel fairly secure in being able to find enough folks to call you a casual or wanna-be-(opposite-of-casual) with that number of anime in your list - not even 500! Moreover, even me uneducated casual, if I for some strange reason I wanted* - your list and ratings easily offer lots of openings to attacks!

So, if you want to come here and diss other members with wanna-be-non-casual dissings - yeah, better think twice.
No problem from my side with telling off those most obnoxious among us "casuals", but generalizing this to everyone "casual" is just dumb!

*I don't. You're not important/ annoying enough to me.

Noxious_ said:

why so ?
Particularly if I judge so. for not just their opinion on some anime, but for their attitude ? Like, you know, "I watched but K-On, and HS DxD, now I'm know-it-all, and [praised-animu] is shit!."
After all, that's why we have listings and ratings - I go to so.'s profile, see they rated this : "shit" and that : "divine" and then I can decide if I want to trust their ratings on other shows I don't know, or rather not.
BannoBunka_snorkApr 12, 2016 10:12 PM
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Apr 12, 2016 10:25 PM

Dec 2013
mouvite said:
I still don't really get what "casual" anime fan actually means, but from what I've noticed it's most often used towards people with high mean score. I mean, people here often use scores from 5 (bad) to 10 (good). I personally don't really care about others ratings, but I guess there are people who find it annoying since it screws up rating system on MAL (there is 1-10 for a reason). Just sayin.

Well those casuals mostly are newbs so they watch somewhat better series and just rate them high because they are damn good (few of my somewhat friends for example)

What's wrong with being an casual - simply being filthy casual.
Apr 12, 2016 10:37 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I think analytical standards are retarded anyway, I don't know why people worry about them

I've always gotten a distinct impression that people who look at these things with a critical mind will, 9 times out of 10 at the very least, look through what they watch with basically a checklist of standards that are unquestioned - it does this or it's bad. If it does this then it's good.

Analysis needs to be based around intellectual discourse on what applies where and how things benefit what, not just "THIS IS A SHIT ANIME IT HAS PACING ISSUES AND IT'S UNORIGINAL 2/10." Standards need to be challenged instead of just accepted. Treating things on a case by case basis doesn't hurt, either.

If it meets (x standard), how does the (x standard being met) benefit the story, ya dipshit? Likewise for the inverse of that with criticisms, too.

Recapping what is done and then saying that it's bad isn't analyzing, it's just retelling the story and then saying that it sucks because of some generic buzzword that you insert where to try and make it look like you know what you're talking about. Hence, why I take people like that with a grain of salt. I think they're idiots putting on a front to appear bigger than they are. Then again, maybe I'm just being cynical.

Then again, I'm a filthy casual myself, with a solid 8.38 mean score off of mostly SoLs and Harems, and that score is probably only going to head upwards. But eh, if this is being a casual, then I like being a casual.
ManabanApr 12, 2016 10:40 PM

Apr 12, 2016 10:38 PM

Oct 2014
There's something wrong with putting a label on yourself when it comes to how one enjoys entertainment. Here is a simple solution - don't give two shits about what anyone has to say to you, ever. The only opinion that you should care about is your own. Problems arise when people start to discuss, debate and make their judgments of others known. People need to just stfu and understand that putting others down for their tastes just makes them undesirable in every way. What kind of psycho LIKES to be disliked, even online?
Apr 12, 2016 10:52 PM

Oct 2011
There is nothing wrong with it if you are perceived as a "casual", as long as you're not being hostile and be open-minded when receiving criticism on shows you love.

The whole "shit taste" thing is just basically a meme
Apr 12, 2016 11:30 PM

Aug 2015
Someone32 said:

In which I had to ask what's wrong with being an anime casual?
Similar to so-called 'anime elitist', there is nothing really wrong about being an 'anime casual'... Well, the terms themselves varied depending on whom you will be asking that question.

Anyone is free to watch what he/she decided to watch, regardless of someone else's reviews and critiques about them. Also, do not bother too much with those people who will seemingly guide you to learn how to make a good/great/memorable story, although you can learn from them about it if you are going to become an aspirant story writer for films/movies/animated series/shows/books.

Is there a reason why everyone has to watch anime with a critical mind?
For starters, there are anime YouTubers like Digibro, BobSamurai and ThatAnimeSnob who are clearly/definitely to that towards its viewers. Money matters, after all. In reality, this is generally because Japanese animation is quite notable for having a wide variety of genre covered (basically psychological, romance, action, thriller, drama, science fiction, fantasy, comedy, cyberpunk, horror, suspense), of methods of storytelling used, and of scope of targeted audience in comparison to other countries' animation (who are currently learning from Japanese animation and translate it to their works. For instance, United States' Gravity Falls, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Avatar: The Legend of Korra, and The Boondocks and France's Code Lyoko). So, as expected, there will be so-called 'anime critics' appearing to criticize such anime as if it was a book (in short, they seemingly read what they watch from the show), regardless of their own standards (hence, the words 'pretentious', 'cliche', 'forced', 'well-written', 'deep', '(n)deep(n+2)u', etc. were born in anime as well). This is also true for movies/books. The thing is that several anime, especially these later years, served more as informecials or promotional tools for the counterpart source materials (such as basically almost every single 12/13-episode anime adaptations of a certain manga or of a certain novel/light novel) partly because of the economic crisis in Japan but mainly because of the competition of a lot of animation studios regarding on the choice of their source materials or of original anime (Production I.G., Madhouse, Kyoto Animation, Ufotable, Studio DEEN who saved anime in the previous season with Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū and KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World!, Studio Trigger, Studio Bones, P.A. Works, A-1 Pictures, Silver Link, Studio Ghibli, Shaft, Toei Animation, etc.)... Again, money matters, after all.

This is also true considering there are lot of websites in the Net that gather information about the matters regarding Japanese animation like this site, the ANN and AniDB. Unless Wikipedia will be counted for its lists of shows (previously aired, currently aired and sometimes, will be airing in the future) for that specific channel of that specific country.

As for the main reason for that one matter, it would probably be so-called 'awareness'. There are some anime that are considered trying to be different from the usual storytelling method (for instance, Tatami Galaxy, Aria, Mushishi, SEL, Evangelion and Kill La Kill). There are some anime that are much well-known for their appeals (for instance, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series and their reliability on macho-ness in their stories). There are some anime that are rather aiming towards Western audience moreso than the Japanese ones (for instance, some of the most notable pre-2000 cyberpunk shows like the Ghost in the Shell). There are some anime that aimed towards learning about the history of Japan on that certain era, regardless of variety (in this Spring Season, there's Concrete Revolutio: The Last Song and its prequel, Concrete Revolutio... go figure about that). Finally, there are a lot of anime that are adaptations of certain Japanese works within books and magazines and are generally targeting the fans of those original works, In short, it is merely on the ways of appealing its niche audience regarding what these anime showed to them. Anime, like any other medium, is one utilized for entertainment.

Lastly, ratings don't really matter except what you feel about it yourself. There is no such thing as 'unified standards' for a good story, after all.
Frankies_MonsterApr 13, 2016 1:55 AM

Apr 13, 2016 12:16 AM
Jul 2012
BannoBunka_snork said:
Jakerams said:

Wow! High-and-mighty much ?

That is but a prejudice. resp. referring to what I call(ed) a filthy casual.
Tmu. there is a big, BIG difference between a casual (so-called) and a filthy casual (so-called, tmu. well-deservedly)
Not only do I consider myself a casual, but probably by most (many) members's criteria I will always stay a casual - yet I can assure you that my choice of what i watch and what not has very, VERY little to do with what is hyped and what is not.
Like I don't know shit about OPM other than that it was (is?) hyped and supposed to be some kind of parody (?). My username - you probably haven't even heard of the series it stems from.

Also, by your post, you want to establish that you are not some casual, but some - well, whatever the opposite(s) of casual may be ? huh ?
Do you want to claim some kind of automatic authority in whatever anime-related subject by doing so ? You completed not even 500 anime, according to your list. I feel fairly secure in being able to find enough folks to call you a casual or wanna-be-(opposite-of-casual) with that number of anime in your list - not even 500! Moreover, even me uneducated casual, if I for some strange reason I wanted* - your list and ratings easily offer lots of openings to attacks!

So, if you want to come here and diss other members with wanna-be-non-casual dissings - yeah, better think twice.
No problem from my side with telling off those most obnoxious among us "casuals", but generalizing this to everyone "casual" is just dumb!

*I don't. You're not important/ annoying enough to me.

Well truthfully my list could easily have more than 500 If I included more shorts and specials which I have very few of. And then again I don't even watch alot of anime I mostly give series a few episodes before deciding to watch/drop it, my list ratings have nothing wrong with them I rate series fairly which is why none of my favorites are being rated high just because I like them. Another thing is I watch anime,read manga, read visual novels, and ect so I don't try and have hundreds or thousands of anime on my list but I'll try series as they air in most cases. And also how was I being High and Mighty? I am pretty sure what I said is correct though. Of course their will always be exceptions to anything.
Apr 13, 2016 12:29 AM

Apr 2010
No one's actions are liked everyone, but it doesn't mean their wrong.

Apr 13, 2016 12:35 AM

Oct 2014
I watch anime fairly casually. It's essentially a replacement for the other things I used to watch. There are a lot of great anime out there and I try to watch the ones I think I will enjoy the most. I don't watch mainstream anime very often. I see no problem in this way of watching anime.
Apr 13, 2016 12:42 AM

Aug 2008
I also don't understand why people look down on others just because his taste in Chinese cartoon. People who like DxD is no way inferior than people who like Monster.

Satou Tatsuhiro from Welcome to NHk has a theory why people look down on each other in the internet.

It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. Isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation.

http://www.less-real.com/quotes/search/Satou%20Tatsuhiro

It doesn't matter what kind of anime you like because in real life, if you are jobless losers who perhaps live in your mom basement, you still suck.
ZapredonApr 13, 2016 12:48 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - Yesterday

76 by xSamdavidx »»
5 minutes ago

» What is the most memorable first episode of an anime you've watched?

mahrjose - 8 hours ago

21 by Archean-Return »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime Drinking Games

EverRealm - Yesterday

12 by 23feanor »»
5 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 3 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Apr 29

118 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
11 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

281 by Shizuna »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.