Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2009 4:56 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now this is an interesting episode. The Masagami's powers are very strong and it outclassed Kuro's Giga-Exe exceed. But it's all Kuro the moment she receive some terra booster which lead to the defeat of Masagami^^ Then, Kuro had ramen with Keita in a store they had a while back ago. She cried at the end of the episode which is sad =.=
ShanaFlameJun 12, 2009 1:07 AM
Jun 11, 2009 11:40 PM

Apr 2009
This was so sad! I love Kruo and Ketia!
Jun 12, 2009 5:08 AM

Feb 2009
The ending was so pure and sad danm... But they are still linked to each over by synchro the warm ending loved it.
Jun 12, 2009 5:52 AM

Oct 2008
I was kind of expecting something like the Masagami somehow being revived early on, in this case before the OP sequence. What I didn't get was that the story was somehow ending with Kuro's defeat of the Masagami and having to return home to stop the Doppleliner system. How was that supposed to work? Even when the Masagami were sealed or restricted there, the Doppleliner system was still in effect. So, I wonder what Kuro is doing differently. I am curious to see how these final two episodes play out, and if they follow the chronology from this episode.
Jun 12, 2009 9:54 PM

Jun 2007
I get the feeling the show may have peaked, They should have ended the series here.
Jun 14, 2009 12:29 AM
Mar 2008
JackCox said:
I get the feeling the show may have peaked, They should have ended the series here.

But I like it this way. Against common format where ending usually hanging, this show give viewers answers from questions such as, what will happen next, what will happen to the characters, will they live happily ever after, etc. At least I always asked such questions, LOL
Jun 14, 2009 1:17 PM
Jul 2008
The fight between Kuro and the Masagami was ok, I expected it to be a little better. The Doppleliner system still exist even after Kuro wins the fight. The ending was sad... as Kuro leaves unwilling, crying, then the contract crest shines in both Keita's and Kuro's hand.

Two episodes left... how will the directors use these two episodes wisely...
Jun 14, 2009 9:44 PM

Jul 2008
I liked the parallels from the first episode. Made everything seem like it was back to normal, but obviously this won't be it. I did feel that with the last couple of episodes being the epic final fight, the last two would end up not so overwhelming. I guess there is something left, and I look forward to it.

Also, who DIDN'T see that Tera Exe coming? After seeing Giga Exe the first time, I just knew there had to be one more above, and it's punny!
Jun 15, 2009 10:46 PM
Jul 2018
So this is a 24 episode series, but does that include the "Intermission" episode (ep 13) that never got subbed, meaning will the next episode be the actual episode 24, aka the end of the series?
Jun 16, 2009 10:43 AM

Oct 2008
blakbunnie27 said:
So this is a 24 episode series, but does that include the "Intermission" episode (ep 13) that never got subbed, meaning will the next episode be the actual episode 24, aka the end of the series?
No, the Intermission Episode is considered outside of the 24 episodes, Kurokami: Intermission Episode. The last two episodes will be different, episode 23 is called Path.
Jun 16, 2009 10:30 PM
Jul 2018
One thing I noticed is the text during the ending sponsors said "Grand finale!" But I guess it won't be the grand finale.
Jun 17, 2009 8:09 AM

Feb 2009
According to anidb and ann this series is 23 ep. long. So next is the last episode.
Jun 18, 2009 5:58 PM

Jul 2007
This was a really sad episode....you really saw the end coming the moment Kuro wanted ramen. What I am hoping from the last episode, is at least Kuro and keita meeting up again. Or at least a time skip to when they both die.
Jun 22, 2009 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
I feel that it was too much with giving of terra to Kuro at just the right moment.I mean i thought Terra was one's life force and it was a huge major thing for Kuro and Keita to loop their life forcfe together, and then now everyone's giving their life force to Kuro through the Thousands? I was under the impression that the Thousands were sacred relics and there were very few of them.
Jun 23, 2009 6:24 AM

Jan 2009
The fight wasn't as long as previous ones, it didn't seem as what one would expect from a final fight.

JackCox said:

I agree. Sad ending, I wonder what'll happen at the final episode.
Jun 23, 2009 8:06 AM

Aug 2008
"That is not regeneration. It's a wicked form they achieved by fusing their Terra to escape death."

/me facepalm

Well the fight was really good, too bad it was so short. The remaining of the Doppleliner system felt like an extra kick into a dead horse though.

It should have ended with the previous ep, but let's see what they have for us in the last one..
Jun 23, 2009 12:04 PM

Jul 2008
Ya good fight but too short O.O

what is left to show?
Jun 23, 2009 2:42 PM

Jun 2008
Loved it, was full of epicness. I only wish that it would have last a bit longer battle wise. But it brought everything to a nice conclusion. Too bad Kuro left, I was really hoping that whey would end up getting together. But I guess that's not going to happen now.
Jun 23, 2009 3:34 PM

Nov 2007
Epic fight.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jun 23, 2009 4:08 PM
May 2008
Sad!?!? Longer fight!?!? Are people actually taking this show seriously? The last 12 episodes have been nothing more than a merry-go-round of bullshit, with the constant assault of generic fight scenes and then the cliche "another antagonist has appeared to take their place as the true villain". I wonder if the manga is any better... I thought about picking it up but if it's anything like the anime it is undoubtedly not worth it.
KillthisAccountJun 25, 2009 4:02 PM
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 23, 2009 4:11 PM

Jul 2008
Um, one of the better episodes in my opinion. Since it was a little more relaxed after the climax, which just consisted of a lot of hax and growling, but at the end I wondered if I made the mistake of watching episode 23 by accident.
Jun 24, 2009 10:11 AM
Mar 2009
its so sad.... knowing the next episode is the grand finale...
this episode was a great episode, seriousness at the beginning, a hint of comedy for Kuro in middle, and sadness at the end...

What will happen next?!?!

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Jun 24, 2009 6:57 PM

Jun 2007
I sense a time skip. Am I the only one that thinks the second half of the next episode is going to skip ahead a bit?
Jun 24, 2009 11:08 PM

Aug 2008
I'm with Nelo...where is all this sentimentality coming from? Basically we got another respawn of the boss in final form, Kuro smashing it with the (mega...giga...)tera exe, only to find out that the problem is solved with Kuro exiling herself to her home island? What? That doesn't make one bit of sense. The masagami were never released in the first place, and Kuro was already exiled, so why the hell was there a Doppeliner system if that's all it takes?

I'm with Deathfire on the timeskip. But I don't understand 2 extra episodes if there are indeed 24.
Sep 3, 2009 7:10 PM

Nov 2007
Nam in the tub...wow... o//o
Feb 6, 2010 12:38 AM
Feb 2010
Out of curiosity, anyone know whose the grave that daichi kuraki visited at the end of the episode? :o
Feb 16, 2010 11:49 PM

Oct 2009
ddk168 said:
Out of curiosity, anyone know whose the grave that daichi kuraki visited at the end of the episode? :o

My guess is his sub that he had hit by the train so that he could be a master root and go work for the taionji group.

I was thinking keita was gonna go with kuro, kinda sad though when shes crying at the end. All in all series had its faults but it was pretty good watch. 8/10
WolfscryFeb 16, 2010 11:58 PM
Feb 17, 2010 4:06 PM
Feb 2010
Wolfscry said:
ddk168 said:

Sounds reasonable, thanks for filling me in on my curiosity :d

and yeh, the ending was kinda sad, but i guess it ended everything well. I dunno how much it followed the manga, but i was hoping for a season 2, since the manga is still running, but i guess not =.=.
Jul 19, 2011 11:59 PM

Jun 2010
I know you guys might not like what I'm gonna say, but this is just voicing an opinion, don't take it seriously unless you agree. I literally teared up at the ending. Kuro has to be the best character in the entire series, and I believe she deserved better. Keita may have faced misfortune, but he got a happy ending. Kuro faced misfortune too, but what does she get? A lonely life without her brother. Sure, there's Byakumo, but what else is there? She literally *loved* Keita, and now all she has is the synchronization. She also gave Akane wonderful support, and I for one think Akane didn't thank her ENOUGH. Not to mention I think Keita came off as an asshole from time to time in the series, pinning all his misfortune of Kuro, when she already blamed herself. I mean, usually I'm an understanding person to all the character's feelings, but HOLY SHIT...Keita in my opinion was a douchebag. He should've went after Kuro or something! I mean Akane's pretty and all, she can find someone else and GET OVER the heartbreak, if she's not one of those bitches that are so...possesive. They owe Kuro enough to see her, I mean, even if they were to couple and all, they should've BOTH went after her. I mean, now Kuro's got to live her life out in a lonely way. With her brother's death probably on her concience too. It really emotionally moved me when she was crying about it. And the whole thing doesn't seem right...how the hell could everything be solved with Kuro just going back to the pure place? And what's with the masagami's vengence? It took their ancestors thousands of years to defeat them, and once they did they cursed them with GREAT HATRED with just the Doppliner system? There could be worse things than that honestly. Even if it caused suffering, it isn't nearly as torturous or vengeful as some other things. Really, the series also got annoying when they kept repeating the same thing..."Exceed...!!! blah blah blah!" That's how a anime turns cheesy. I mean, in a real battle nobody would do that. But WHATEVER... I mean, it's just my opinion.
SurfaceoftheMoonJul 20, 2011 12:05 AM
"If you can't Inspire the World with Intellengence,
Baffle them with your Bullshit."
Nov 27, 2011 4:23 AM

Jun 2010
SurfaceoftheMoon said:
I know you guys might not like what I'm gonna say, but this is just voicing an opinion, don't take it seriously unless you agree. I literally teared up at the ending. Kuro has to be the best character in the entire series, and I believe she deserved better. Keita may have faced misfortune, but he got a happy ending. Kuro faced misfortune too, but what does she get? A lonely life without her brother. Sure, there's Byakumo, but what else is there? She literally *loved* Keita, and now all she has is the synchronization. She also gave Akane wonderful support, and I for one think Akane didn't thank her ENOUGH. Not to mention I think Keita came off as an asshole from time to time in the series, pinning all his misfortune of Kuro, when she already blamed herself. I mean, usually I'm an understanding person to all the character's feelings, but HOLY SHIT...Keita in my opinion was a douchebag. He should've went after Kuro or something! I mean Akane's pretty and all, she can find someone else and GET OVER the heartbreak, if she's not one of those bitches that are so...possesive. They owe Kuro enough to see her, I mean, even if they were to couple and all, they should've BOTH went after her. I mean, now Kuro's got to live her life out in a lonely way. With her brother's death probably on her concience too. It really emotionally moved me when she was crying about it. And the whole thing doesn't seem right...how the hell could everything be solved with Kuro just going back to the pure place? And what's with the masagami's vengence? It took their ancestors thousands of years to defeat them, and once they did they cursed them with GREAT HATRED with just the Doppliner system? There could be worse things than that honestly. Even if it caused suffering, it isn't nearly as torturous or vengeful as some other things. Really, the series also got annoying when they kept repeating the same thing..."Exceed...!!! blah blah blah!" That's how a anime turns cheesy. I mean, in a real battle nobody would do that. But WHATEVER... I mean, it's just my opinion.

I agree with u bro. Kuro deserves much more than a lonely life. Her family died! How dare Akane and Keita left her? Especially Keita, he's her contractor! He can't left her, he must be always with his mototsumitama. Also I remembered pokemon when saw Keita, he is a real slowpoke :D
When Kuro fights and receives serious damage from enemy Keita only screams - Kuro!11 and even doesn't trying to help her.
iRxNov 27, 2011 2:47 PM
Dec 31, 2011 12:53 AM

Sep 2009
SurfaceoftheMoon said:

I completely agree with you
I think Akane should of just died for a greater good.....I hated her character
I really like Kuro
The poor girl got the daylights beaten out of her in EVERY episode
I don't think that there was an episode where Kuro WASN'T getting beat up
I think she should of ended up with Keita...
She lost everyone she cared for and now she is doomed to be alone
That's tarrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just me, but through out the whole anime, Keita showed more affection toward Kuro than he did toward Akane

Poor Kuro....she decerved so much better =(
Jun 29, 2012 1:15 AM
Apr 2012
Keita showed more affection toward Kuro? besides from some supporting words he said everytime in a bad situation, they never even touched each other lol. there werent even any hugs or sentimental goodbyes when she left.

I dont care who keita ended up with, if anyone at all, but i didnt want him to end up with Akane, the bitch who not only betrayed him, but thought she even killed him at one point.
Oct 17, 2013 8:53 AM
Feb 2012
They should have made this the final episode...
May 2, 2016 7:49 AM

Mar 2014
I really get the feeling the show must be a once-in-a-while , one-time to watch .
Nam-san really is a great add to the show ~ . Awww .. so everything is over .
Touching episode . This is why I dislike farewells ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2019 10:11 PM

Feb 2019
Today I finished this episode and I read in this part in the captions that say "I won't die before you", but neither she nor Keita can die before the other because when one of them die, the other would die at the same time.

「何色になきたい?」
ー椎名ましろ
Aug 9, 2023 5:20 PM

Dec 2022
The fight with Masagami was easier than expected. No fanfare or finality to it at all. I guess there's value in a walkover as well.

The tenebrous, dusky atmosphere of the first few episodes has returned here. It even has callbacks to them in the form of yet another girl being placed in peril against a truck at the same intersection Mayu got killed in, though the girl managed to temporarily avoid her fate this time.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mflatischler - Jan 15, 2009

101 by Ecchi-Go »»
Apr 4, 5:22 PM

» Is any girl better than Namu at sucking and swallowing long, thick, cylindrical things?

ca5w34 - Nov 5, 2023

2 by ca5w34 »»
Nov 16, 2023 10:27 AM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Jun 18, 2009

121 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 5:55 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 21 Discussion

noteDhero - Jun 6, 2009

32 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 20 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 29, 2009

31 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.