Forum Settings
Forums

VIZ Media Publishes Free Online Manga Magazine IKKI

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 24, 2009 10:32 PM

Apr 2008
Capellabun said:
Loverhina said:
Capellabun said:
vindemon64 said:
Leandra said:
free? online? manga?

~get

Right? It seems like these companies are finally starting to understand the way to bring over Japanese anime and manga as fast as possible.

Viz has been on a roll these past few months, now if only Tokyopop would do the same...

I dont know but i think the initiative with tokyopop and fruits baskets in macys new york was a roll?

Well, I mean lately Viz has been doing a lot more in terms of releases. First with Rumiko Takahashi's new manga being simultaneously released online for free, and I believe they've also sped up their releases of the Naruto manga over the past few months (I'm sure that's great for Naruto fans), and they've also announced that they'll be offering the latest One Piece chapters in Shonen Jump. They've been making a really big effort to get more of their manga out faster.

I sadly can not say the same for Tokyopop, I understand if they are have financial troubles but they've canceled a lot of their manga releases and they're coming out slower then ever :(

so basically by defination viz = naruto ....... /sigh
May 24, 2009 10:35 PM

Oct 2007
Anomalous said:

I'd be shocked. Viz has occasionally censored it's Shonen Jump titles (although not so much recently), but those are for a young audience and there's overprotective parents to worry about. This, on the other hand, is seinen stuff and it's no doubt going to be marketed toward an adult audience.

That's what I hate about purchasing a shounen series. It gets censored that I can't even enjoy it so well. The puns and whatnot...

As for the seinen titles, I'm happy. I got Dogs, and I'm not sure of getting Ikigami. Viz has been getting a good hold of the seinen titles.
May 24, 2009 11:48 PM
Oct 2008
Loverhina said:

No...I think I mentioned much more than Naruto in my posts. Releasing Naruto faster is one of the better things they have been doing recently(though it does not interest me) and it seems that they plan to do this with other series as well. So it isn't all about Naruto, another plus for Viz would be their Big releases which is basically 3 volumes for half the price of buying them individually. They've also been releasing a good selection of titles lately.

Overall, they are becoming the better manga company(at least to me). Faster releases, and free viewing online is something that attracts fans.
May 25, 2009 9:38 AM

Apr 2008
Capellabun said:
Loverhina said:

No...I think I mentioned much more than Naruto in my posts. Releasing Naruto faster is one of the better things they have been doing recently(though it does not interest me) and it seems that they plan to do this with other series as well. So it isn't all about Naruto, another plus for Viz would be their Big releases which is basically 3 volumes for half the price of buying them individually. They've also been releasing a good selection of titles lately.

Overall, they are becoming the better manga company(at least to me). Faster releases, and free viewing online is something that attracts fans.

sarcasim is difficult to express online, i looked through my manga and seem to have more tokyo pop , also seems like tokyo pop has free viewing of manga online too, although i dont really like their viewer ... sucks on 13 inch laptop
May 25, 2009 6:26 PM

Oct 2007
Loverhina said:
Capellabun said:
Loverhina said:

sarcasim is difficult to express online, i looked through my manga and seem to have more tokyo pop , also seems like tokyo pop has free viewing of manga online too, although i dont really like their viewer ... sucks on 13 inch laptop

Tokyopop sucks now. Their volumes of manga are getting thinner.

Viz is so much better. I do hope that they would release One Piece faster. It's been a long time that they have One Piece under their wing, but jeez, they're taking too long.

But overall, as long as the manga comes out in English, I'd be happy to buy them.
Jul 31, 2009 4:16 PM

Jun 2009
Viz is easily one of the best publishers out there now. Though they seem like two different companies, one publishing Naruto and stuff and the other "company" is the signature line. One of the few things left for them to do now is have a much better packaging comparable to Vertical, Drawn & Quarterly, and Fanfare/Pon Monet. They also need to rerelease No. 5 and bring back Pulp, though that will never happen.

Dorohedoro looks awesome.
"In the Beginning, the creative energy radiates from within."
-
No, no. That's Lame. Sounds like something out of a Jodorowsky comic.

The Tokusyu Manga Club - Features alternative comics/avant-garde comics/outsider comics/psychdelic comics/surrealistic comics/underground comics + La Nouvelle Manga (part of Alternative).

If I'm here, its because I have nothing better to do.
May 12, 2010 9:26 PM

Jul 2008
Pierre_Bezukhov said:
Viz is easily one of the best publishers out there now. Though they seem like two different companies, one publishing Naruto and stuff and the other "company" is the signature line.
You're so right. The signature line is great, I've been impressed with everything I've bought from it.

BEGINNER
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Web Manga 'Awajima Hyakkei' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

4 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

16 by Yubisoft »»
4 hours ago

» 'Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?' Reveals Additional Cast, Character Promo

Nioxys - Yesterday

2 by notPara »»
Yesterday, 8:28 AM

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
Yesterday, 1:03 AM

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - May 7

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
May 7, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.