Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 9, 2020 6:49 PM

Jul 2017
Another good episode. Interesting seeing Barry the Chopper's backstory be explained in that comic-like style compared to how the original did it, since he got his own episode there before becoming how he was here with the soul being attached to armor.
Nov 12, 2020 5:41 PM

Feb 2019
After the tense ending of the last episode, this one was a bit of a letdown.

Maybe I'm just used to Attack on Titan, but this fight scene was boring, slow paced and the music was almost non-existent.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 14, 2021 6:57 AM

Sep 2012
Meas is hilarious, hes annoying mustang lol
Jun 26, 2021 7:43 AM

Jun 2021
GREAT EPISODE.INDEED THE DEVELOPMENT OF ANIME ADAPTATION OF BROTHERHOOD IS INCREDIBLE.
Dec 8, 2021 10:30 AM
Nov 2020
There's gonna be plenty of situations in FMA where Ed or Al are just out matched and can't win. The series does a good job of making you believe that they are kids. A lot of the questions you're asking will be answered through the series, so don't worry.
Feb 12, 2022 8:59 AM

Feb 2021
nice to see Ed actually scared this time when faced near death. Although it never made sense in any version of this why Al takes Barry seriously, I mean, would you really trust a serial killer even if he does share some similarities to you?
Apr 30, 2022 2:54 AM

Jun 2019
Another good episode. I felt bad for the brothers that died fighting Edward. Seems like something big is coming. Also, Al is not sure of his existence anymore. That's sad.
May 5, 2022 10:28 AM
Apr 2022
At the fifth laboratory, Al fights Barry the
Chopper outside, and Edward faces Slicer inside.
It is revealed that both opponents are souls of murderers affixed to armor. Edward struggles in his battle when his automail arm malfunctions, the result of Winry forgetting to add a small bolt back in Resembool. Alphonse initially has the advantage in his fight, until Barry suggests that
Alphonse never truly existed, saying he was a doll made for Edward. Contemplating on the possibility, Alphonse recalls that Edward was afraid of telling him something. Edward is particularly troubled when his opponent turns out to be a pair of brothers, each controlling a different part of the armor. Edward manages to defeat Slicer by use of Scar's destruction technique, but before he can get any information from the two brothers, they are killed by Lust and
Envy. Edward demands to know who they are and tries to use alchemy, but his automail arm breaks and he gets knocked out by Envy. Outside, Barry almost gets the upper hand on Alphonse, but he is saved by the arrival of Brosh and Ross. Lust and Envy destroy the lab to cover up the evidence of the philosopher's stone, but not before carrying
Edward outside and handing him over to Brošh and Ross, commenting that he is a valuable
Aug 26, 2022 2:11 PM
Aug 2022
Think the best shounen anime ever
Oct 13, 2022 6:30 AM
Oct 2022
Good AS welllllllllll
Oct 14, 2022 7:15 AM
Aug 2022
the king if the anime
Oct 15, 2022 2:11 AM
Oct 2022
Pretty good episode
Followed the manga mostly .
removed two or three things I wished they would have added , but oh well.
Either way , this was mostly a " how and why " episode.
Showed why and how the brother came to be how they are.
with Ed seeing the Truth .
then Roy meeting the brothers
Ed vowing to take 1 year to recover and him consequently being able to transmute without Circles thanks to him having seen "IT" ( and Al not remembering).
And finally Ed's Exam to become a state alchemist , where he promtly attacked Bradly who told him he still doesn't know the world xD.
Thus showing how the fuhrur gave Ed an "ironic" name : the FullMetal Alchemist.

Next week , they goin' to Liore/Reole ~

oh , and the score was pretty darn awesome. Akira Senju delivers !!
Oct 15, 2022 5:40 PM
Oct 2022
I am not feel good from this cartoon.
Jan 4, 2023 6:08 PM

Mar 2022
Really good episode, really liked the fight between Ed and Slicer, quite intense, wasn't expecting Slicer was in fact two brothers controlling the armour, it's just a shame they both got killed by Lust and Envy upon their arrival. Man and they had vital information about the Philosophers Stone. Meanwhile Al deals with Barry the Chopper and the latter proceeds to mentally mess with Al's head about whether or not he's real at all. I like the way how his backstory was animated, very creative I feel. It was pretty hilarious when he freaked out when he realised Al was the same as him. Just a soul attached to a suit of armour I mean. The talk between Maes and Mustang was pretty hilarious as well, I get the feeling there's gonna be some interesting things happening when they see Winry again. 
Apr 18, 2023 7:17 AM
Apr 2023
Waste 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 waste
Aug 29, 2023 9:44 AM
Jan 2022
Super cool informative plot development, the intriguing set up between Envy, Lust and Gluttony with Edward and the likely lead into further confrontation is awesome! The psychological aspect and existential crisis dilemma posed to Alfonse during this episode was superb. Plus (pretty sure it was this episode) the reveal that the fire guy (I'll remember his name later) wants to become the leader is a super cool motivation to reveal to the audience given the fact I think it'll later develop into a discussion of morality verses personal goals and achievements because there is for real something sus with that Fuhrer (I think thats what the position he holds is called hopefully I'm not wrong but I am watching the Dub for ease).
Jan 12, 9:37 PM
Jan 2024
BEST ANIME IN THE PLANET
Jan 18, 2:00 PM
Jan 2024
Every single time I feel this can't get worse and it gets worse. So, the writer decided to pull out a lame excuse to slow Al down. What the FREAK is armor doll? why haven't we heard about it in the series? If it's a legit thing then why they are not used in anywhere? It's funny that this Chopper dude comes up with the most ridiculous bs ever and Al starts to question his entire existence. Totally unacceptable. If there is one thing that is clear about Al is that he is not stupid. If this bs wasn't part of the episode it was a solid 4/5.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

133 by Angel_crush1 »»
Yesterday, 3:13 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.