Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 15, 2020 1:27 PM

Feb 2020
such a great episode!!! scar feels so threatening in this one, i was genuinely terrified during his battle with ed and al
Jun 9, 2020 4:23 AM
Jul 2009
I like that Ed is an atheist like me <3
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jun 13, 2020 2:27 PM
Mar 2014
Episode was packed with good insights into ishbal and history, I felt it was lacking in FMA, however untill now many things had happened, the story goes much faster than FMA.

Loved scary dream and this serious situation with Scar, again comparing him and his reasons to FMA in this episode he wasn't convincing. I liked him much more when he was saying more convincing stuff, like those state alchemists deserved it.
Jun 17, 2020 4:12 PM

May 2020
velcom said:
brilliant!! i haven't seen the first series in years but from what i can remember of this bit, this version was much better (and it was great originally). This episode was perfectly paced in my opinion, we got a great mix of story, action, and mystery. (Even if i know of a lot of the mystery it still contributes greatly to the feel). Scar sure feels a lot more vicious in this version, he seemed a lot more threatening.

Well said. Only minor things to add:
- Good creepiness factor to start off the episode
- "Shut up! Don't drag an ordinary guy like me into you nonsensical mutants' all around freak shows!"...Hughes rules!
- Roy feeling high and mighty before getting his ass saved by Riza was hilarious. *Poof*
- Armstrong is one shiny bastard

Oh...and what was that all about:
Kuruwin said:
Teleporting cars.....they sure do have advance technology in this universe.
Jun 22, 2020 6:14 AM

Jul 2013
BeeBeeKay said:
velcom said:
brilliant!! i haven't seen the first series in years but from what i can remember of this bit, this version was much better (and it was great originally). This episode was perfectly paced in my opinion, we got a great mix of story, action, and mystery. (Even if i know of a lot of the mystery it still contributes greatly to the feel). Scar sure feels a lot more vicious in this version, he seemed a lot more threatening.

Well said. Only minor things to add:
- Good creepiness factor to start off the episode
- "Shut up! Don't drag an ordinary guy like me into you nonsensical mutants' all around freak shows!"...Hughes rules!
- Roy feeling high and mighty before getting his ass saved by Riza was hilarious. *Poof*
- Armstrong is one shiny bastard

Kuruwin said:
Teleporting cars.....they sure do have advance technology in this universe.

Can't recall. I'm going to assume that someone drove ahead way faster than it should have been possible or something like that.
Jun 23, 2020 7:49 AM

May 2020
Kuruwin said:
BeeBeeKay said:

Can't recall. I'm going to assume that someone drove ahead way faster than it should have been possible or something like that.

It was the scene where Mustang & Co. appeared while Ed and Scar were fighting. There was no engine sound and all of a sudden they arrived with 3 cars. Was just trying to agree with you since it was a "WTF" moment for me as well when I was watching it. :D
Jun 23, 2020 10:11 PM

Jul 2013
BeeBeeKay said:
Kuruwin said:

It was the scene where Mustang & Co. appeared while Ed and Scar were fighting. There was no engine sound and all of a sudden they arrived with 3 cars. Was just trying to agree with you since it was a "WTF" moment for me as well when I was watching it. :D

Lol. Same kind of siliness is when in lot's of action movies a helicopter manages to sneak upon on the heroes. Those things are so loud there's no fucking way that one just suddenly pops up.
Jul 2, 2020 12:58 AM

Apr 2012
I got tricked thinking it was a heartwarming flashback but it turn out to be a creepy dream. Enjoyed the humors mixed with the action, especially with the way Riza saving Roy.
Affinity to MAL
Anime: 47.35%
Manga: 46.36%
Jul 22, 2020 10:25 AM

Aug 2017
Time to continue FMAB. The fight was pretty good except for comedy scenes in the middle.

Was genocide really necessary for a misunderstanding? I hope that they adress this later since it feels forced.
NurguburuJul 22, 2020 10:39 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 1, 2020 5:30 AM

Feb 2019
The little brother was wrong at the end. I hate characters with huge ego's.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Nov 8, 2020 1:34 PM

Jul 2017
Great episode again. The action in this was good for the most part and Ed's mental conflicts felt organic and hurtful to watch but glad he is more resolved to live on and help get his body back to normal along with Al's. Time for them to meet Winry after so long.
Dec 12, 2020 11:53 AM

Feb 2020
starting the episode off with ed having a nightmare was very interesting

also winry next episode! i don't know too much about her besides the basics so i hope i'll like her
Jan 19, 2021 8:54 PM
Jan 2021
Well... This was depressing
Apr 14, 2021 4:47 AM

Sep 2012
good example how religion can make ppl dumb

yea go see ur mechanic she will be pissed that u broke her work :D
Jun 25, 2021 11:14 PM

Jun 2021
I watch Full metal Alchemist brotherhood anime in English dubbed.Reading subs while watching anime is kinda difficult to concentrate on plot.Overall this episode is good. Next Episode Elroc Brother reunite with their Childhood friend.
Jul 19, 2021 9:04 AM
May 2020
if this doesn't get much interesting in the next few episodes I'm dropping it🙂
Dec 8, 2021 10:27 AM
Nov 2020
In this anime Envy is referred to as he. But in manga recognized as genderless.
Feb 9, 2022 4:00 PM

Feb 2021
I really should be enjoying this but I'm not. Everything feels so plot convenient from the fast pace and mixed tones, still feels formulaic and shallow. Ed and Al didn't even look scared when they were getting attacked
Feb 9, 2022 4:01 PM

Feb 2021
I'm starting to lose my appreciation for this show really fast. Need more king bradley asap
Feb 9, 2022 8:39 PM

Mar 2013
Crack said:
I'm starting to lose my appreciation for this show really fast. Need more king bradley asap

Oh you'll get King Bradley. Lot of it. The show does a good job at shining light on each character.

Crack said:
I really should be enjoying this but I'm not. Everything feels so plot convenient from the fast pace and mixed tones, still feels formulaic and shallow. Ed and Al didn't even look scared when they were getting attacked

I don't see what's plot convenient about the whole thing. Scar killing State Alchemists because his people were slaughtered by those State Alchemists is formulaic?

Sounds like you're watching it hoping to be amazed by it due to expectations. Just don't think about how it's supposed to be the best anime ever. You'll enjoy it much more that way, trust me. I watched Brotherhood in 2012, before it was #1 on MAL, and I enjoyed the heck out of it since I didn't go in with some sort of expectation.

I won't say much since I believe you need to experience it yourself but Scar's whole character arc is one of the best ones in the series. It is slow but very consistent and realistic.
Feb 9, 2022 8:55 PM

Feb 2021
Victorious-Mind said:
Crack said:

Oh you'll get King Bradley. Lot of it. The show does a good job at shining light on each character.

Crack said:

I don't see what's plot convenient about the whole thing. Scar killing State Alchemists because his people were slaughtered by those State Alchemists is formulaic?

Sounds like you're watching it hoping to be amazed by it due to expectations. Just don't think about how it's supposed to be the best anime ever. You'll enjoy it much more that way, trust me. I watched Brotherhood in 2012, before it was #1 on MAL, and I enjoyed the heck out of it since I didn't go in with some sort of expectation.

I won't say much since I believe you need to experience it yourself but Scar's whole character arc is one of the best ones in the series. It is slow but very consistent and realistic.
I'll explain. I just find it a lot of stuff that happened to be convenient like Scar running into Ed and Al right after the whole chimera incident, and Mustang and the soldiers popping up at the exact location of the fight like they were part of the audience the whole time, it just felt pretty contrived.

When I was writing my comment earlier, I was actually debating if formulaic was the right word to describe the feeling the episodic sort of structure the show was giving me, the way how it moves from one tragic event to the other just felt like it was really forcing some characterization from the main characters without giving the story some time to breathe since it's all so fast paced. It's been a really long time since I've watched this show (like 4 or 5 years) so I don't really remember the show's expository structure being so fundamentally different from the manga. Also worth mentioning I'm a huge fan of fma 2003 so I might be comparing a little too much
Feb 9, 2022 11:18 PM

Mar 2013
Crack said:
Victorious-Mind said:

I'll explain. I just find it a lot of stuff that happened to be convenient like Scar running into Ed and Al right after the whole chimera incident, and Mustang and the soldiers popping up at the exact location of the fight like they were part of the audience the whole time, it just felt pretty contrived.

When I was writing my comment earlier, I was actually debating if formulaic was the right word to describe the feeling the episodic sort of structure the show was giving me, the way how it moves from one tragic event to the other just felt like it was really forcing some characterization from the main characters without giving the story some time to breathe since it's all so fast paced. It's been a really long time since I've watched this show (like 4 or 5 years) so I don't really remember the show's expository structure being so fundamentally different from the manga. Also worth mentioning I'm a huge fan of fma 2003 so I might be comparing a little too much

Ohhh I see now. Yeah I watched FMA 2003 before I watched Brotherhood as well.

The reason Brotherhood moves very fast for the first 14 episodes is because it's assumed you've seen the original. And you have.

The beginning episodes are regularly paced in the 2003 version + there's a few fillers that don't exist in the manga. And so, since Brotherhood assumes you've seen the original and assuming they didn't want to animate the exact thing over again, they've compacted episodes that are important for the plot.

Imagine someone finishing 2003 and very soon starting Brotherhood. The Nina plot is 2 episodes in 2003. And then you also watch it in Brotherhood because it's important for the plot. That's 3 whole episodes of the same content you watch again.

To avoid boring people (I'm assuming), or not wanting to animate the same thing (still assuming) Brotherhood just decided to completely remove fillers, turn 2-episode worth content into one, and also remove a few stuff from manga that isn't THAT important to the overall plot that was already adapted by the original 2003 (Mine episode, train-hijacking, Mustang vs Ed fight).

It'll slow down soon though.
Feb 9, 2022 11:43 PM

Feb 2021
Victorious-Mind said:
Crack said:

Ohhh I see now. Yeah I watched FMA 2003 before I watched Brotherhood as well.

The reason Brotherhood moves very fast for the first 14 episodes is because it's assumed you've seen the original. And you have.

The beginning episodes are regularly paced in the 2003 version + there's a few fillers that don't exist in the manga. And so, since Brotherhood assumes you've seen the original and assuming they didn't want to animate the exact thing over again, they've compacted episodes that are important for the plot.

Imagine someone finishing 2003 and very soon starting Brotherhood. The Nina plot is 2 episodes in 2003. And then you also watch it in Brotherhood because it's important for the plot. That's 3 whole episodes of the same content you watch again.

To avoid boring people (I'm assuming), or not wanting to animate the same thing (still assuming) Brotherhood just decided to completely remove fillers, turn 2-episode worth content into one, and also remove a few stuff from manga that isn't THAT important to the overall plot that was already adapted by the original 2003 (Mine episode, train-hijacking, Mustang vs Ed fight).

It'll slow down soon though.
It's pretty unfortunate to see the show take the easy way out since I personally consider the early chapters of the manga and episodes of 2003 to be one of the strongest parts of the story, as each of them do an exceptional job at identifying what the story's themes are early on as well as establishing what Ed and Al's capabilities as alchemists are and the extent of their core character traits (helping people in mining town, stop terrorists on a train, all are their strong points). Here we don't get to see any of that and I just feel like they're more annoying and weak so far (the gags don't really help). But yeah, I'm hoping it'll start to sync with the manga soon
Feb 23, 2022 11:26 PM

Oct 2020
#1 Re-watch

Good introduction to Scar. That scene with all the people killing each other and Ishvalan extermination was very disturbing. The action scenes are so damn good!

Seems like we'll see Winry next episode :D

4/5

"FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!" - Gyro Zeppeli
Mar 8, 2022 12:33 AM

Jan 2021
Bruh, literally every episode has some kind of feels and major character development!! Ed's broken mental state seems believable, any kid would react the same way he is now after the shit he's been through, first with his mom and then Nina💔

Apr 30, 2022 1:45 AM

Jun 2019
It was a good episode. Ed was about to sacrifice himself for his little brother.
May 5, 2022 5:32 AM
Apr 2022
Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye tells Edward and
Alphonse that both Tucker and the chimera have been killed. Meanwhile, back in Liore, Lust and
Gluttony attempt to cause a rebellion using the faith of the locals, with Envy using his shape- shifting powers to disguise himself as Cornello.
Back at East City, as Edward and Alphonse dwell on their limits in alchemy, they are viciously attacked by Scar. They quickly retreat until they are cornered and are forced to defend themselves, resulting in Scar damaging
Alphonse's body and then destroying Edward's right arm. The state alchemists intervene just when Scar prepares to finish off Edward.
Mustang, unable to subdue Scar, is saved by
Hawkeye, who reminds Mustang that his flame alchemy is useless in the rain. When Armstrong arrives and battles Scar, it is revealed that the man is an Ishvalan. Outnumbered, Scar manages to escape into the sewers, and Mustang tells the
Elric brothers about the lshval civil war. Edward and Alphonse then decide to head back to
Resembool to repair their bodies.
May 5, 2022 2:34 PM

Jul 2017
great episode i love the action a lot
Aug 10, 2022 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
I just started this anime and oh boy. i'm already invested in it
Sep 18, 2022 12:08 AM
Sep 2022
It looks good, still I do not understand the main story.
Oct 11, 2022 11:33 AM
Oct 2022
💓💓🤒💓🤒
Oct 12, 2022 4:37 AM
Apr 2021
Suka storynya, semuanya saya suka
Oct 12, 2022 1:53 PM
Aug 2014
sadasdsadsadadsadsdsadasddasd
Oct 13, 2022 6:29 AM
Oct 2022
Good AS welllllllllll
Oct 13, 2022 8:15 AM
Sep 2022
I think really like and super.
Oct 13, 2022 8:39 AM
Jul 2022
Bad animations but story is going good I like it hehehe
Oct 15, 2022 2:10 AM
Oct 2022
Pretty good episode
Followed the manga mostly .
removed two or three things I wished they would have added , but oh well.
Either way , this was mostly a " how and why " episode.
Showed why and how the brother came to be how they are.
with Ed seeing the Truth .
then Roy meeting the brothers
Ed vowing to take 1 year to recover and him consequently being able to transmute without Circles thanks to him having seen "IT" ( and Al not remembering).
And finally Ed's Exam to become a state alchemist , where he promtly attacked Bradly who told him he still doesn't know the world xD.
Thus showing how the fuhrur gave Ed an "ironic" name : the FullMetal Alchemist.

Next week , they goin' to Liore/Reole ~

oh , and the score was pretty darn awesome. Akira Senju delivers !!
Oct 15, 2022 5:37 PM
Oct 2022
I dont know why this is the best, but this is indifferent
Nov 13, 2022 3:18 PM

Mar 2022
God that episode was awesome. The dream really did trick me into thinking it was a nice little memory of Ed and his mum and it quickly turned into a nightmare. The fight between Scar and Armstrong was awesome, especially Scar who was just so threatening in this. The moment with Mustang going to fight the latter and then realizing he can't use his powers in the rain? Priceless. Riza was cool as well and oh did I mention I'm getting fond of Armstrong as a character?
Apr 13, 2023 9:13 AM
Apr 2023
Wwjskksjdhsjjsbsnnsnsnsns
Apr 14, 2023 7:40 AM
Jul 2022
Sangat jelek sekali dan membosankan
Apr 18, 2023 6:58 AM
Apr 2023
Waste 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 waste
Apr 18, 2023 9:24 PM
Apr 2021
horroroso anime ruim demais quem crio isso parabens crio um lixo
Apr 20, 2023 7:41 PM
Aug 2021
love ebdslde shit niga
Apr 22, 2023 10:29 AM
Apr 2023
When is the best time
Apr 28, 2023 9:49 AM
Apr 2023
10/10 all across the board one piece better tho
Apr 29, 2023 6:56 PM
Jan 2021
This is Great eps mantapp
May 1, 2023 8:59 PM
May 2023
The worst anime all the time
May 18, 2023 2:01 PM
May 2023
the fight with scar was good and the flashback of ishval was thought provoking and horrifying
Jul 24, 2023 8:18 AM
Nov 2021
Dá pra sentir toda a mágoa e frustração do Ed nesse episódio, e o apoio que todos os alquimistas dão pro Ed e pro Al. Foi muito lindo de ver, mesmo os federais serem conhecidos como cachorros do exército que matam sem hesitar, eles parecem de alguma forma ainda serem bondosos, todos são muito carismáticos e ajudam uns aos outros.

Bom, o mistério do Scar e de Ishval tá ficando cada vez mais tenso. Ainda tem a Luxúria, Gula e Inveja que são bem misteriosos ainda.

Em geral, foi um episódio bem melancólico, mas que no fim nos deu uma faísca de esperança, que acendeu forte pra continuação da série.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

133 by Angel_crush1 »»
Today, 3:13 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.