Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 1, 2009 9:01 PM

Jan 2009
Hello BL Game Lovers! I'm Mastress Alita, the webmaster of Boys' Love Games Headquarters, and I have a shameless plug to make.

In an attempt to revive Boys' Love Games Headquarters from the dead during Summer Break 2009, BLGHQ is hosting a Fanworks Festival! Find yourself with some extra time this summer? Show your support to the boys' love and girls' game genres by submitting some fanwork to the site from 5/1/09 - 9/1/09!

So what are the fanwork guidelines?

-Fanworks can be any medium choose: artwork, comics, stories, poetry, plushies, or any other medium you desire!

-Must be based on a boys' love or girls' game (or if you really want, you can even draw the BLGHQ mascot, Kaoru).

-There is no specific theme for this Fanworks Festival; even though it is taking place in the summer, if you want to draw Sad Bishies in Snow that's fine by me, just so long as it is based on a boys' love or girls' game.

I want to participate, but can't draw or write! What can I do?

-If you can't draw, or write, or do something else considered fanartsy, but have some Photoshop skills or such, consider making wallpaper, Winamp skins, or icons from your favorite game CGs to add to the Multimedia section of the site!

-Another tip for non-artists that want to participate: check out the BLGHQ Fanworks section. You'll notice there is an entire section for stick figure art! What other site is so cool to offer you the option to draw stick figures of your favorite game characters?

Any other ways I can help out?

-By spreading the word! Because BLGHQ hasn't had a major update in so long, few people are going to be checking the front of my site to find out about the festival. Therefore, I really need any help I can getting the word out there! You can repost the festival banner anywhere you like. Post on your blogs, message boards, mailing lists, online communities, DeviantArt accounts... anywhere you can get away with a shameless plug!

What's in it for me?

-Just the warm fuzzy feeling of supporting a fandom you love and helping my site grow. A long, long time ago, the only way I could get people to submit fanwork to my site was by offering a drawing for prizes, but I feel that kinda defeats the purpose of fanwork: you should do it simply because you are a fan and want to show your love of the fandom. So, please consider contributing something to the site (even if the only thing you can manage is a stick figure comic). I'd extremely appreciate any fanwork donations I can get to improve the site!

So how do I submit fanwork or multimedia?

-I have set up an e-mail account specifically for fanworks: blghqfanworks@gmail.com. Feel free to repost this e-mail address anywhere you like. Just attach your work and also include the title of the game your work is based on, the title of your piece, your preferred display name, and if you want a website link or e-mail address linked to your submission.

-If you already have your fanwork somewhere on the web, if you prefer you can simply post the link to it and the above information in this thread of my site's message board.

What about when the festival is over?

-BLGHQ is /always/ looking for fanwork donations! Even after the dates of the festival, you can submit fanwork to the above e-mail address or post it in the Fanworks section of the BLGHQ forums. It's just during the festival dates that I ask people to really spam the message around to try to generate interest in submitting fanworks to the site.

I greatly appreciate the support I've received for this site, and look forward to any future fanwork donations!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What is your favorite BL Game?

shinkeikaku - Dec 12, 2008

6 by Mah_lenneth »»
Jun 19, 2012 6:16 AM

Poll: » Togainu no chi game PC/PS2 [spoiler alert]

Aori_Miyu - Feb 13, 2009

2 by Pheefa »»
Aug 30, 2010 6:56 AM

» What kind of game story line do you like?

ChibiAyane - Feb 26, 2008

12 by hikari-chan »»
May 16, 2009 4:59 AM

» Manga adaptions of BL games

shinkeikaku - Dec 12, 2008

1 by ChibiAyane »»
Dec 19, 2008 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.